Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Title says it all. :)

Also, how long have you been married?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've been together 13 years.

On a scale of 1 through 10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best I'd rate it a 5.
Good enough to keep going, I guess.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1434593339|3890656 said:
Title says it all. :)

Also, how long have you been married?
Before you were born.. ;))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very much, at least I think so. Actually, I'm just happy that he puts up with my sh!t. He's the best husband and dad ever. :appl: :appl: 18 this year. 10 together before getting married.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no i do not have a very happy marriage..been together for 32 years been married 31 years.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very happy for both of us.

I love my dh more than anyone else in the whole world. He is the smartest, funniest, sweetest and most generous and loving person I know and I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to have him in my life. He just "gets" me and loves me exactly for who I am and that is something special.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a great deal happier now that we are not living in the same house. (No, we are not formally separated.) We have certain things in common that we share and we talk on the phone daily, but we cannot get along on a day-to-day basis. Our daughter having developed serious emotional problems was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. Now she lives with me and my husband doesn't have to deal with any of the nonsense.

We have been married for 38 1/2 years.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1434619894|3890726 said:
Very happy for both of us.

I love my dh more than anyone else in the whole world. He is the smartest, funniest, sweetest and most generous and loving person I know and I feel like the luckiest woman in the world to have him in my life. He just "gets" me and loves me exactly for who I am and that is something special.
I just want to say that this is how I hope I feel about my SO forever.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Yes very happy marriage. He is my best friend too. We have been married 30.5 years. I think things are even better now that our lives have become less complicated with kids grown and out of the house.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we've only been married for four years (today)... I can say I've never been happier or had a more healthy, balanced, loving, caring relationship. We've been together for seven years and he has the kindest heart and the patience of a saint. He's a super fabulous dad to his kids and a great step father to my DD. I feel pretty blessed....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are the usual ups and downs but I am satisfied with it for the most part. I am not emotional by nature so I suppose my marriage could be defined as happy. 25 years and I expect the year count to extend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary MayK!!! :appl:

Laila, how about you?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
32 years married. :dance:

Ridiculously happy. It's almost silly. We're each other's favorite person to be with, always have been. We both think that if we had met as little kids we would have played together all the time. Which is basically what we do now. :)

We went on our first date in February and were married by December of the same year.

On a 1-10 scale, I think a 10. We both feel like the lucky one, the one that got the better deal.

We both put the other's happiness ahead of our own. You should see what happens when we're down to the last meatball (or whatever delicious dinner thing), it will remain uneaten because we each want the other to have the treat.

Interestingly, no one wanted us to get married. They all said it would never last, etc. None of them has ever admitted that they were wrong, but obviously they were.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1434632091|3890796 said:
There are the usual ups and downs but I am satisfied with it for the most part. I am not emotional by nature so I suppose my marriage could be defined as happy. 25 years and I expect the year count to extend.

LOL, it's like a Spock answer . . . :lol:

Teasing you, Chrono. :bigsmile:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1434633268|3890814 said:
Chrono|1434632091|3890796 said:

LOL, it's like a Spock answer . . . :lol:
Teasing you, Chrono. :bigsmile:

It's a compliment, actually. :lol: Spock tops the list as one of my favourite fictional characters.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1434593629|3890657 said:

On a scale of 1 through 10, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best I'd rate it a 5.

Oh Kenny :-/ I find that terribly sad if you're being serious.

I can't speak for my DH. If he is miserable, he's never said so lol. I'm very happy in our marriage. Married 7 years, together for 9.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1434632358|3890802 said:
Happy anniversary MayK!!! :appl:

Laila, how about you?

Missy, I would say it's happy-ish. I had a lot of resentment from dating/LIW days that carried over even after we were married. However, those are my issues as he has always been an exemplary husband and partner. Having four small kids has been a big stressor, but we still seem to find quality time for each other and try to improve our marriage every day.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Together for 19 and married for 14 years. We never imagined that life could be this good. We are incredibly happy.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1434616713|3890719 said:
no i do not have a very happy marriage..been together for 32 years been married 31 years.

Aww, I'm sorry diamondringlover :((

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We've had our ups and downs, and right now it is about an 8/10. I think there is always room for improvement. We've been married almost 15 years, and our marriage hit its lowest point around the 7 year mark. We're still riding the upswing I hope.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think I read somewhere that a woman asked a bunch of friends, if they won a million in the lottery, what would they do first?

Sadly, over half said they would immediately get a divorce.

In this day and age, staying together for economic reasons is a reality. :nono:

ETA: see my earlier post, that's not what I'm doing. Just saying some posters/readers may be experiencing this.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1434633192|3890812 said:

Ridiculously happy. It's almost silly. We're each other's favorite person to be with, always have been. We both think that if we had met as little kids we would have played together all the time. Which is basically what we do now. :)

We went on our first date in February and were married by December of the same year.

On a 1-10 scale, I think a 10. We both feel like the lucky one, the one that got the better deal.

We both put the other's happiness ahead of our own. You should see what happens when we're down to the last meatball (or whatever delicious dinner thing), it will remain uneaten because we each want the other to have the treat.

Interestingly, no one wanted us to get married. They all said it would never last, etc. None of them has ever admitted that they were wrong, but obviously they were.

So cute ilander! Do you think people didn't want you to get married because it was so fast (10 months?)?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I would give our marriage a 9 out of 10. There is always room for improvement.

We have been married for 9 years and have known each other for 11.

He is my biggest supporter, best friend, terrific dad and is just so fine! He makes me a better me. I know that he feels the same way. He often tells me (unprompted) that marrying me was the best thing that he ever did and how much better his life is because of that. :love: I love him so much that it is surprising, even to me, sometimes-LOL. I am super blessed and thank God for DH's life every day!

Years 4-6 were very difficult for us. We were uprooted from our family, friends and church because his job relocated to a state that I never thought I would live in. It also was difficult for us to conceive and that added additional stress. This is the point where I realized that we were indeed married and I had to make some serious decisions. I am glad that I did, our relationship is better than ever.

As my friend once told me, People who have been married for 50 years or more never said it was easy, but they always say it was worth it. :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
You should see what happens when we're down to the last meatball (or whatever delicious dinner thing), it will remain uneaten because we each want the other to have the treat.

That is love :)

So sweet!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
ponder|1434638786|3890866 said:
Together for 19 and married for 14 years. We never imagined that life could be this good. We are incredibly happy.

Fantastic. Somehow I missed your post. This is what I should have written instead of what I posted. :appl:

Funny- I am very short and to the point when I speak, but when I write it is a whole other story.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:

So cute ilander! Do you think people didn't want you to get married because it was so fast (10 months?)?

No one actually mentioned that part, lol! :lol: Mostly they objected because they thought I was too young to get married. I think in retrospect, they were bringing their own reality into it, because their own marriages were very unhappy.

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
iLander said:

^^^ This is pretty much us. We are silly and happy and just plain enjoy each other. My kids think we are weird and not like anyone else's parents. I tell them I hope someday they are as weird with their spouses as we are with each other. :) We definitely put each other's happiness ahead of our own.

We are one of the lucky ones, for sure. It becomes more evident as years go by and friends go through marital difficulties and divorce.

We were together much longer before we were married. 7+ years but only because we started dating when we were 15 & 16. Graduated high school and college before we married. I was the last to graduate and my graduation was Saturday, May 9th and we married Saturday, May 16th. :) Could not wait!!! We just celebrated 17 years and no matter how many years we are blessed to share, it will never be enough.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those of you with super happy, blissful marriages: what do you think is the key to your success?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1434635278|3890835 said:
kenny|1434593629|3890657 said:

Oh Kenny :-/ I find that terribly sad if you're being serious.
I'm serious.
Sorry you find it sad.
I don't.
5's good enough, and at least I have someone.

I think many people have been trained to put on a happy face and do the rose-colored-glasses thing when describing family stuff.
I don't bother with lots of supposed-tos.
I'm comfortable with transparent and honest.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results