shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you eat fast food? How often and what?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I eat fast food (the kind with drive thru) about 1X or 2X a month.
My fast food choice is usually of the healthy variety, el pollo loco, or some type of grilled chicken salad

Lately I've discovered Flame-broiler. Although it's more of a takeout than a fast food place, I'm getting addicted. I eat their chicken and veggie bowl (with brown rice) about once ever 2 weeks!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Yes!

Pizza almost every week - it's $9 for a large 16" cheese pie that's yummy and we get 2 dinners out of it.

Chipotle - every other week or so... it's so fresh & yummy. :lickout:

When we travel, I always look for a Hardees - I love their made to order chicken fingers.

Wendy's in a pinch. Their value options are not bad - $1 for a little chicken sammie or jr burger.

That's about it. :saint:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never. Mainly because I am very picky and have some dietary restrictions. Such as being on a low salt diet and fast food is loaded with sodium generally. But when I was an adolescent and teenager I enjoyed fast food occasionally. Especially delicious thick shakes from McDonald's. We are talking about the seventies though. Not sure what they offer now.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Not terribly often- mainly when I'm traveling. I usually grab Wendy's spicy nuggets. Or their chili. If DH and I are together, we'll often get chicken fingers from Hardee's- they're fresh made and actually decent.

DH eats more fast food than I do. He's does a lot of running around for his business and he tends to grab whatever while he's out. I try and get him to eat when he comes home throughout the day, but I'm not always successful because he's so in and out. We have a rule. If he eats fast food, he either pays cash or uses the business card. Because I don't want proof of all the crap he's eating.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We eat fast food about 2x/week... usually rotating between Wendy's (chicken nuggets/Jr. Hamburger/chili), Zaxby's (a Southeastern-based chicken joint), Subway, Domino's (thin crust pizza), and Moe's Southwest Grill (like Chipotle, only with tons more options). We cook a lot, so it's nice to get to just "pick up" every so often. :bigsmile:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man. Panera Bread and their broccoli cheddar soup with a half sandwich is my jam. Subway sometimes. I like their fluffy bread but that is about it. Once every few months a plain old dollar burger at Burger King hits the spot.

I absolutely adore getting takeout, mainly sushi and Thai food. The lady at our local place loves me. I was sick with a cold last week and she insisted on making me an herbal tea with lemon and honey to-go, free of charge.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the odd KFC variety box, BK Whopper, mixed Kebab, 6in Sub, etc., about once a week, usually on Saturday.

DK :))

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1406583029|3722110 said:
I eat fast food (the kind with drive thru) about 1X or 2X a month.
My fast food choice is usually of the healthy variety, el pollo loco, or some type of grilled chicken salad

Lately I've discovered Flame-broiler. Although it's more of a takeout than a fast food place, I'm getting addicted. I eat their chicken and veggie bowl (with brown rice) about once ever 2 weeks!

I also adore Jack in the Box's spicy chicken sandwich, with curly fries. I eat this a couple times a year.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I never fry foods at home because I don't want the odors and the cleanup. I get French fries and fried chicken at fast food joints. Sometimes I get a cheeseburger of just a chocolate shake. KFC grilled chicken is tasty, too. I have a few staples that I indulge in once in a while at Taco Bell but have never liked any of their new products, lol. I'm not a huge consumer of fast food, though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO!

screen_shot_2014-07-28_at_5.png

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not much. If we do it's usually Chipotle-and DH and I share a bowl. Once every few months, maybe- El Pollo Loco. My DS loves Rubio's gourmet tacos, so I may take him there on occasion. It's pretty far between though.

I remember a few months ago stopping at a McDonald's for an ice tea (plain!) and saw the sign in there drive through that says that their FOOD has been known by the state of California to cause cancer-since then I have placed my family on notice to stay away!!! Only my teenager would eat there for the most part. We had stopped there as a last resort at times while traveling, but not ever again.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I kind of go in fits and spurts. Won't have any for weeks and weeks and then more than I should for a few days. We have tons of choices in D/FW, almost too many. I worked at McDonald's in high school, so the only thing I'll eat from there is Egg McMuffins. My latest thing is the egg white and turkey sandwich from Jack in the Box.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We will do Moe's or Subway about 2x a month. My kids refuse McDonald's, Wendy's etc. (try explaining that to other parents when they have your kid for a play date and want to know what they will eat!)....

We will go out for pizza about once every other month (good pizza, not Domino's or the like)....but mostly, we eat at home.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Rarely - mostly if we are traveling.
If you include pizza, then yes, that's a bit more frequent. I order from Dominos maybe twice per month, but even that is not terribly bad because I typically order a thin crust pizza with onions, green & red peppers, and mushrooms.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
I do eat fast food, and often, but with an asterisk: local and VERY Italian delivery pizza that I have on speed dial (I freeze it and get four meals out of one large pepperoni) and Chipotle. (How Italian are they? They take three weeks or a month off every summer so everybody can go to Italy and visit the family.)

The only time I would eat mass-market fast food is when I am trapped at the airport. McDonald's is for using the 99-cent cash machine when my regular bank isn't handy. Oh, wait, I lied, sometimes I have a donut from Dunkin' Donuts when I feel faint with hunger while doing errands.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

But rarely. Generally the smell of fast food is enough to turn me off. OKOK "Superbowl" I get take out pizza and wings, and eat a bite of each.

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1406584206|3722116 said:
Yes. Often. All of it. We are fast food whores.

Ditto.

I usually stick to simple stuff like a single cheeseburger and a salad. The kids love Wendy's chicken nuggets. DH and I do eat a lot of junk, but surprisingly we are pretty healthy. No high cholesterol or blood pressure or anything like that.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1406588644|3722149 said:
Oh man. Panera Bread and their broccoli cheddar soup with a half sandwich is my jam. Subway sometimes. I like their fluffy bread but that is about it. Once every few months a plain old dollar burger at Burger King hits the spot.

I absolutely adore getting takeout, mainly sushi and Thai food. The lady at our local place loves me. I was sick with a cold last week and she insisted on making me an herbal tea with lemon and honey to-go, free of charge.

I love the combo at Panera too! I feel like they're getting to be pretty pricey though.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1406599304|3722261 said:
Elliot86|1406588644|3722149 said:

I love the combo at Panera too! I feel like they're getting to be pretty pricey though.

It is. A friend treated me to lunch there recently. We each had the soup and sandwich combo, two children's meals for her little ones, and she and I both got a lemonade. So one turkey sandwich, one peanut butter sandwich, two cups of soup, two lemonades, 4 bags of chips. It was over thirty dollars :-o

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We eat there a few times a month - mostly on those nights when we need something quick for supper. We tend to buy from Taco Johns, Wendy's or Culvers.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I love the southwest chicken salad from mcdonalds. Wendy's also has a good salad. We recently got a Cane's and it is awesome. Plus, their customer service is amazing for fast food. This pregnancy has really messed with my appetite, so when something sounds good I go for it. Even if the "it" is a Big Mac and fries.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fast food here is pretty good in Asia. It's not super healthy but at least it is mostly freshly made. My favorites are beef brisket noodle soup, Vietnamese shredded chicken and cabbage salad, and sushi/gimbap. For traditional style fast food I go to the Japanese fast food chains like Mos Burger (their shrimp burger is sooo good - and you can opt for a nice salad instead of fries.)

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say I'm pretty spoiled on fast food in the Bay Area. Fast food is either call ahead sushi, fish tacos, or gourmet food trucks. There's a few new healthy ones that I like (turkey meatballs, steamed veggies, brown rice) or the sinful but oh so good Sam's Chowdermobile - the mobile version of Sam's Chowder House in Half Moon Bay. The best lobster rolls hands down. However, I don't eat dairy or gluten so it is a bit harder for me, but I can still manage. Hello - lobster roll hold the roll and a side of fries, sure! I can deal with that :) Yes the lobster did take a bath in butter, but butter is one dairy food that I do partake in :)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
If I have to eat fast food, it has to be a sub from one of my favorite local shops. I can't stomach the grease or the quality of crap that comes from most fast food chains.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscher_girl said:
I have to say I'm pretty spoiled on fast food in the Bay Area. Fast food is either call ahead sushi, fish tacos, or gourmet food trucks. There's a few new healthy ones that I like (turkey meatballs, steamed veggies, brown rice) or the sinful but oh so good Sam's Chowdermobile - the mobile version of Sam's Chowder House in Half Moon Bay. The best lobster rolls hands down. However, I don't eat dairy or gluten so it is a bit harder for me, but I can still manage. Hello - lobster roll hold the roll and a side of fries, sure! I can deal with that :) Yes the lobster did take a bath in butter, but butter is one dairy food that I do partake in :)
I'm so jealous! Tacos, lobster rolls... Mmmm ...... :razz:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many good local restaurants to bother with fast food here, but I occasionally grab a veggie burger from Burger King, and I love Noodles & Co, specifically the Japanese pan noodles.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to swing through McD for a cheeseburger and fries if I needed SOMETHING and had absolutely no time to get anything else but I read some things (I have this habit of taking info in, converting it to a mental image, and then it's STUCK in my head) and now I just C.A.N.T. My exception is if I am STARVING I will get a hot fudge sundae from McD but any meat product is now (mentally) out of the question. I will likely work my way back up to french fries some day.

I never even consider other fast food places, not sure why.

Does Epic Burger count? I don't consider that fast food (to me it's like if Whole Foods was making burgers and fries!), but maybe other people do? I will go out of my way for one of those! http://epicburger.com/

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Fast food chain (In-n-Out)... maybe once a month. But I eat a burrito almost once a week from the local taqueria, and also mall food court food (the kabob place or the salad place).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results