carat
color
clarity

Do you discuss politics often ....

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1487188825|4129264 said:
With people you know have opposing views? Other than this forum, I don't discuss them often with people I know with opposing views.
Mainly because I know neither of us will change the other person's mind. We will discuss an issue, example being abortion but that is about it.

My dad is the only exception and we really need to stop or one of us may have a heart attack.

It's impossible. The 'other' side will believe our dumb new leader. Reading is not fundamental.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1487521132|4130716 said:
With people you know have opposing views? Other than this forum, I don't discuss them often with people I know with opposing views.
Mainly because I know neither of us will change the other person's mind. We will discuss an issue, example being abortion but that is about it.

My dad is the only exception and we really need to stop or one of us may have a heart attack.

It's impossible. The 'other' side will believe our dumb new leader. Reading is not fundamental.

It is impossible Tekate. When someone's only source for getting the news is Fox you know you are wasting your time trying to base the conversation on facts.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1487522957|4130722 said:
Tekate|1487521132|4130716 said:

It is impossible Tekate. When someone's only source for getting the news is Fox you know you are wasting your time trying to base the conversation on facts.
Good reason to only watch MSNBC and ABC news... :wacko:

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I do with family. If I asked among friends, I'll share my opinions. If I feel an intelligent, civil, open discourse can be had, I'll engage in it. But otherwise no. I find on the internet that folks can be downright cruel and frighteningly uncivilized. I become disgusted and exit the situation.

I love my husband so much, because he's always the one to stand up for what he believes, and he's super intelligent and always has a laundry list of irrefutable facts to accompany his disposition.

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
I only discuss politics with my fiance cause we talk about anything and everything. He lets me go on my rants and crazy talks of the day.

Other than him, I have a lot of views that would ruffle the feathers of people around me, so it's not worth the hassle of arguing and getting a heart attack over. If I start getting into politics with people I know, I'm afraid one of us will be kicked out the door by 15 minutes. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results