shape
carat
color
clarity

DIAMOND Prices Rising Too

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Rappaport, the guys that tell our guys what to anticipate in terms of diamond pricing, are saying prices are going up.

This line got my attention:
"Israel and Belgium significantly raised levels of polished imports, indicating strong inter-trade dealing, or a possible hoarding of stock in anticipation of future price increases."

Here's the link:
http://www.diamonds.net/cms/Price-Reports.aspx#special

The hoarding line is in the Special report (bottom of the web page), middle of page 1 of the PDF.

Check out some of the charts, Melee is up 57%! :shock: All those halos are going up, ladies! :errrr:

From the January summary: "Average prices of certified polished diamonds rose 1.6 percent in January, continuing the uptrend seen toward the end of 2010. Increases were most apparent in 1-carat sizes, where the average price rose 3.1 percent during the month."

Doesn't sound like much, but 3 percent in one month is a LOT. If this keeps up, your $6,000 diamond will be $8,000+ by the end of the year. :o

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why, oh why do I click on these links??? Sigh. I'm a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG way away from getting an upgrade, so I do appreciate this news, it just sucks for me.

Thanks for sharing the info! :)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
yeah, it's not looking too good.

we purchased my wedding band which has melee, just before the vendor announced an 8% rise in their prices.

i'm at least a decade away from the next (and final) big diamond purchase, but it looks increasingly unlikely that i'll get there ;(

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stock up now and sell later! :cheeky: Make a little side money :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results