shape
carat
color
clarity

Crazy/naughty things your kids have done.....

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
So there is another thread in hangout about a blog that chronicles his toddler crying about some of the most ridiculous things. Building on this I thought I would start a different thread. What are some of the craziest or naughtiest things your kids have done?

I'll start. One day my son gets a stool, climbs in the fridge and pulls out two raw eggs. Before I can stop him, he takes a huge bite out of own of the eggs, eggshell, egg yolk and all. He starts to move the second egg to his mouth, I yell to stop and rush to try to get both eggs out of his hands. He rushes over to the tv and throws both eggs behind the tv stand before I can catch him, against a brick wall. I have no idea what inspired this behavior!

My daughter climbed up on the kitchen counter, and reached the top of the highest kitchen cabinet, where we keeps scissors, markers etc. She then proceeded to marker three front walls and our limestone fireplace. Just as an fyi, oxyclean spray works wonders on limestone-- love that stuff!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Took my garnet ring and pearl ring. Days or more had passed by the time I realized that they were missing. She doesn't remembered where she put them. I still haven't found them now two weeks later.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
My oldest did that with my state trooper better half badge pendant. It was a great size and 14K that they stopped making soon after i bought it. He loved state troopers and always dressed up like his dad. We made him a little state police uniform out of a boy scout uniform. He still hasn't told me and its been twelve years :( But you gotta love him, he was sooo cute back then :)

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
qtiekiki|1365738187|3425246 said:
Took my garnet ring and pearl ring. Days or more had passed by the time I realized that they were missing. She doesn't remembered where she put them. I still haven't found them now two weeks later.

DD#1 used the step stool to reach the top of my jewelry box that sits on my bedroom dresser. My ering and diamond studs were sitting on top. I asked her where they were and she said that she put them away. After tearing apart the second story of our house, I found them. IN THE JEWELRY BOX. She put them in the bottom drawer of the box with my junk jewelry that I never wear. It was a long two days.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
DS thought it would be a great idea to push his sister down the stairs, which are very steep, in a laundry basket when she was 3 months old. I was only 2 ft away but around a corner so I didn't see it. Thank goodness we have baby gates everywhere because he couldn't fit the basket in the opening. He wasn't even 2 at the time so he didn't realize how serious and how scared I was at the time.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I was around the corner folding laundry when my oldest was about two and my youngest a few months old. I walked in to check on them and this is what I found:

img00159-20100922-1007.jpg

img00160-20100922-1007.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1365772959|3425408 said:
DS thought it would be a great idea to push his sister down the stairs, which are very steep, in a laundry basket when she was 3 months old. I was only 2 ft away but around a corner so I didn't see it. Thank goodness we have baby gates everywhere because he couldn't fit the basket in the opening. He wasn't even 2 at the time so he didn't realize how serious and how scared I was at the time.

Isn't that scary!!! I recently caught my two trying this trick, but I cannot imagine with a 3 month old!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
And here is why you won't find a lipstick in my house! Daughter has the "look away and deny anything is amiss" attitude down pat, son seems proud of face art.

img00014-20100325-1144.jpg

chicago-20120222-00094.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, most of these are pretty funny! The pictures are awesome, so please keep them coming!

Sarahbear, holy smokes! You poor thing...I'm sure your heart didn't stop racing for a good while after that incident!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Erin--your pictures are wonderful; what cutie patooties! Although you may not, I am enjoying your little ones "antics"! :bigsmile:

My son used a green marker to decorate the pleated shade in his bedroom--and although I have since replaced all the window coverings in my house, I just left that one. It certainly looks unique!

He also used his hot wheels car to carve a groove in the Thomasville wooden table in the living room--and I never refinished it. The table is now in a spare room and it always reminds me of how much fun he had with his cars.

cheers--Sharon

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are some of the examples that made me laugh at the moment as well. The kids were little enough that I didn't think taking pictures of them would reinforce their behavior too much. They are now almost three and 4 1/2, so I have to keep a poker face more often, or I am truly mad at the pillage!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
She once dumped an entire bottle of maple syrup on her head. She was with MIL who didn't think to take a pic. I wish she had because from the way she described it, it would have been hilarious to see.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
fiery|1365780018|3425479 said:
She once dumped an entire bottle of maple syrup on her head. She was with MIL who didn't think to take a pic. I wish she had because from the way she described it, it would have been hilarious to see.

I cannot imagine how long it would take to get all the syrup off the table, chairs, floors etc! Syrup lingers!!! And it must have been hilarious to see!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
When my boys were really little - both toddler range, they colored each other with permanent black sharpie markers and then scribbled on the cabinets with them. This was right when we were in the process of putting the house on the market. I used fingernail polish remover to take the sharpie off the cabinets. The kids were a bit harder to clean off! lol

Another time, I had a plastic portable filing box and they took all the files out and scattered the contents. While I was picking up the mess, I found a $50 bill. Apparently I had stashed it in there and then forgot about it. Made cleaning a bit less frustrating.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Toddlers and planes don't exactly match- I think there's a thread somewhere about sedating them for a flight......

On our last flight, after 3 hours of "toddler-dom", and a few moments before the final descent, I noticed the flight attendants giving out some sort of paper to people seated within a few rows of us.....
Everyone within 3 rows got a $50 voucher for future travel thanks to my two little guys....they were bouncing off the walls after about 2 hours

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Ok so a bit of background before the story...the day after DD's 1st birthday, we had to take her into the ER because there was a spot near her tailbone that was swellings and painful. It turned out to be a very large abcess with MRSA in it that needed to be drained. It required surgery and the insertion of 4 tubes that stayed in for a few weeks to drain the area.

Now for the story, about two weeks after the last of the tubes had her removed everything was going well. Then one morning she woke up and I went to take her footed pjs off to change her diaper. I start to go into panic mode because I see red all down her legs. Then I open her diaper and it is all red! I immediately start to frantically inspect her bottom to see where she was bleeding from. Well, after the longest and most panic filled 45 sec of my life, I find the remnants of a red crayon inbetween her little butt cheeks. The stinker stuck a red crayon down her footed pjs, it worked its way into her diaper, and melted while she slept! I can chuckle about it now, but I swear I aged about 5 years that morning from the stress and panic.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy cow- that's scary!!!
Cherries can do the same thing- make you think there's blood......

I totally feel for you and your little one about that abscess- when one of these little guys get injured- or needs medical help, you just wish there was some way you could somehow take that affliction onto yourself.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1365790401|3425629 said:
Ok so a bit of background before the story...the day after DD's 1st birthday, we had to take her into the ER because there was a spot near her tailbone that was swellings and painful. It turned out to be a very large abcess with MRSA in it that needed to be drained. It required surgery and the insertion of 4 tubes that stayed in for a few weeks to drain the area.

Now for the story, about two weeks after the last of the tubes had her removed everything was going well. Then one morning she woke up and I went to take her footed pjs off to change her diaper. I start to go into panic mode because I see red all down her legs. Then I open her diaper and it is all red! I immediately start to frantically inspect her bottom to see where she was bleeding from. Well, after the longest and most panic filled 45 sec of my life, I find the remnants of a red crayon inbetween her little butt cheeks. The stinker stuck a red crayon down her footed pjs, it worked its way into her diaper, and melted while she slept! I can chuckle about it now, but I swear I aged about 5 years that morning from the stress and panic.

Oh armywife, it's a miracle you didn't have a heart attack or something! What are the odds of something like that getting into that particular spot? :-o I'm sorry you had to go through those horrible seconds, especially after all your LO had been through - but this is one for the books! :D

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1365796819|3425713 said:
armywife13|1365790401|3425629 said:

Oh armywife, it's a miracle you didn't have a heart attack or something! What are the odds of something like that getting into that particular spot? :-o I'm sorry you had to go through those horrible seconds, especially after all your LO had been through - but this is one for the books! :D

Haha, I think I was pretty close to a heart attack! Looking back now, I can chuckle about it, and yes it is one to remember! It was really a case of dumb luck, if it had been in any other location or been a different color, it never would have raised an alarm with me.

Rockdiamond-you hit the nail on the head, I would have given anything to take the pain away from her. Also, with regards to your horrible airplane experience, I feel your pain. DD was always very good on flights, except for this one time at around 9 months of age when she had a cold with alot of drainage. Well, halfway through the flight there was some turbulence, it scared her and she started to get upset...this resulted in her vomitting over my shoulder onto the person in the row behind us. That was an awkward flight. Haha.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I dying laughing at the makeup ones.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When my now 8 year old was 4, he took a marker and drew train tracks on my carpet so that he could play with his trains off of the train table. He was so proud of himself and couldn't understand why DH and I were so upset. Same child somehow managed to punch a hole in the wall in the entry with his knee when he was 11 months. My daughter took my keys off of the counter when she was 2 and I was bringing groceries in from the car. She couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me where they were and I had to pay $200 to replace the keyless fob. We moved out of that house this past summer and I was sure they would turn up, but they didn't. This remains one of the great mysteries in our family, lol!!

Lately, DD who is 6, has taken to writing me little notes where she tells me she's frustwoated (frustrated) with me for various things...then she signs it "Love, Halle". She leaves them on my pillow or slides them under our door. It is the funniest thing ever.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our child is just 10.5 months old now and not quite walking, so has yet to give us any real grief. However...

When I was about 3 or 4 years old, I used one of my mother's Magic Markers (like a Sharpie for your young'uns) to draw all over the couch cushions. I inherited that couch (which was a really awesome Flexsteel frame number) when I went off to college.

I "painted" my parents' master bathroom door frame with some kind of green paint. I don't even know where I found it. Everyone assumes it was one of those paint markers my mom had lying around with her crafts.

See a pattern yet?

When I was about 6-7, my brother (who would've been about 11-12 then) told me to stand next to a fence post that had a bottle of spray paint on top. I, ever the obedient one, did as told. He then shot and hit the can of spray paint, which exploded and left me and the surrounding area covered with fine dots of purple spray paint. His first words were not "are you ok?," they were, "don't tell mom." :rolleyes: I don't think I told her about that particular incident (yes, there were others) until I was 18 or so.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love this thread! I can't remember how old DD was about 5or 6 and I was in the kitchen doing something and we had just got a brand new dining room table about a week before, it was actually one of the first pieces of brand new furniture we had ever bought and DD came to me and showed me her newly painted fingernails and said "Mommy look what I did and I only spilled a little but I cleaned it all up!" she was so proud of herself well I went in the dining room and there was the polish and remover and you could see a spot on the table where the remover has spilled and took the varnish off a 6 inch circle on the table then a long swipe where she took a washcloth and wiped the varnish away leaving a long swiped area lacking varnish across that table :nono: DD now has that table in her first home of course sporting a tablecloth, never did get that table refinished.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
All those with littlies be careful what is lying around your house. To my alarm, when my daughter was young and still unable to talk, I found in her nappy, a smooth coloured glass stone. I washed it and showed it to her. She knew exactly where that had been and giggled. Could have been serious.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two things come to mind. When my son was 3, we were in the family room and he went into the kitchen. After a few minutes I went in to check on him, and he was painting the stained wood cabinets with a little bottle of White-out! That was back when they had little brushes instead of sponges. That was fun getting off!

Then when he was 5 and our daughter was two, he told her to put her beloved Cabbage Patch doll named Claire into the toilet so they could see what would happen! He tried flushing her. :lol: Naturally my daughter became concerned and came and got me. I didn't think there was any way to get the doll sanitized, so I secretly threw that doll away and got a replacement. Twenty-five years later that daughter had her first child and named her Claire!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I'm laughing so hard reading this thread (and I needed it after reading the oil spill thread and Tinkie's thread ;( )! How cute are your children!!! So adorable, so precious. Great memories to last a lifetime even if at that moment it might not have been so funny...thank you guys for sharing these sweet and funny memories! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow - such great stories!! The flight vouchers, makeup, red crayon, Cabbage Patch - hilarious! And make me feel more normal.

When my son was about 18 months old, he stacked up a pile of large foam mats (the kind that fit together like a puzzle for floor play). He pushed the stack over to our bookshelf. He climbed on top, got a pair of scissors off the shelf, and cut my husband's iPhone headset into little one inch pieces of white wire. He did all this in about five minutes while I was cooking breakfast. We didn't know he could do any of those things - stack so many mats, push them across the room, climb on top of them, use scissors! We laughed so hard.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread!

My sister and I walked to school as children and we were about 3 mins down the road when I looked over to see my (younger, about kindergarten aged) sister's neck was all white and flaky. I asked what it was to which she simply replied that it was "Deodorant! My neck gets sweaty walking to school." :lol:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
These are hilarious! Thanks for the laughs - I definitely needed them! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results