shape
carat
color
clarity

Confectionary, candy, sweets and choc…..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I feel so deprived......

I was looking on people.com (as you do at 1.35 am

26.gif
), and it lists celebs and their favourite ''candy''. I have no idea what they are talking about!

What is ''candy corn'' or those ''peanut cups''? SOB

39.gif

Pretty please, tell me what your favourite confectionary is and describe it for those less fortunate who have never tasted it...

candycorn.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ew...I hate candy corn. Am I the only one?

Peanut cups...chocolate cups filled with a peanut buttery substance that is usually gritty. Yum yum.
14.gif

I have to say (and I''ll probably get flamed) that American mass market chocolate is pretty disgusting. TGuy won''t touch the stuff.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
My personal favourite is plain milk chocolate in the form of a dairymilk bar, made by Cadbury in the UK.

Perfect with a cup of tea (preferably Barry''s tea).

Mhhh. Heaven.

dairymilk.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 9:44:46 PM
Author: Steel
My personal favourite is plain milk chocolate in the form of a dairymilk bar, made by Cadbury in the UK.

Perfect with a cup of tea (preferably Barry''s tea).

Mhhh. Heaven.
Ooh, I love cadbury. I ate a lot of Milka through Europe too...it just seemed all the backpackers had it.

From Oz, I pick up cherry ripes...love those. Can''t remember the names of the rest, but will be stocking up in December.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love nutella
18.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Cadbury! Especially the eggs! I know some people hate them, but Me~ I wish they came the size of Volkswagons. I also love candy corn. Slightly chewy, honey flavored sweetness that melts in your mouth. And, peeps. Those little sugar covered sugars! Colored granulated sugar cover puffed up sugar. YUMMY!! Another of my favorites is the Milk Dud. It''s only fair chocolate but it covers the BEST caramel! There''s a chocolatier in California called K. They have wonderful chocolate covered cranberries.

My favorite is a good dark chocolate. Very hard to find around here
38.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy,

If you like nutella, you simply must try Kinder Bueno. (
emembarrassed.gif
ETA: I break my own rules. Bueno is a nutty flavoured (no bits) soft substance encapsulated in thin wafer dipped in milk choc - soon to be released also in a white choc version.)

I put it in the freezer...mhhhh.

Hi TG,

Cadbury kicks butt, best choc ever IMO. I love Giant buttons aswell; Large rounds of the same choc.

But no fair, you can't play here if you are just gonna name confectionary 'cause I don't know what you mean.

What are cherry ripes? Candy corn looks like teeth to me!

bueno.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:02:07 PM
Hi Skippy,

If you like nutella, you simply must try Kinder Bueno.

Hi TG,

Cadbury kicks butt, best choc ever IMO. I love Giant buttons aswell; Large rounds of the same choc.

But no fair, you can''t play here if you are just gonna name confectionary ''cause I don''t know what you mean.

Especially those teeth in my neck of the woods!
6.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:03:41 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Especially those teeth in my neck of the woods!
6.gif

emotion-20.gif
Bear in mind, I am ''sleep typing''.....

I mean ''tooth shaped'', perhaps it would be beneficial if I actually convey my thoughts in a "coherent" manner?
41.gif

Nah, I''ll keep going with confusion, if you are on to a good thing keep right on chugging!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy,

If you like nutella, you simply must try Kinder Bueno. (
emembarrassed.gif
ETA: I break my own rules. Bueno is a nutty flavoured (no bits) soft substance encapsulated in thin wafer dipped in milk choc - soon to be released also in a white choc version.)

Hi TG,

But no fair, you can't play here if you are just gonna name confectionary 'cause I don't know what you mean.

Oh my...dark chocolate, coconut and cherry, in the most perfect combination! I normally don't even like the sound of something like this, but it's so good!
18.gif

http://www.cadbury.com.au/sites/cadbury/index.php?pageId=59

ETA, no idea why that pic didn't post...

Cherry%20Ripeyellow.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Villars Hazelnut milk chocolate. It has whole hazlenuts in each bite.
I will have to check out that chocolate you are talking about.
I do not like candy corn.
14.gif
I do like gummy worms and gummy bears. Oh yeah, I will take a delicious carmel apple anyday (after seeing Mara's post). hehee

villarsmilk-sm.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
candy corn is a staple for halloween, yum yum!!! childhood love. i just bought a pack tonite. PURE SUGAR and it tastes so good.

i also love fresh caramel apples for halloween...!! i just picked up a few tonite at this specialty chocolate shop near our house that has been around since 1920.

in terms of what else i love, oh the list is too long. so i just kept it to halloween for right now. i am a chocolate lover big time. truffles...mmmmm.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Candy Corn, total sugar yummm. But haven't bought any so far. Perugina dark chocolate is my current fave. Am still loving my chocolate covered potato chips....
18.gif

Skippy, my daughter LOVES Nutella too!!
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:34:46 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I love Candy Corn, total sugar yummm. But haven''t bought any so far. Perugina dark chocolate is my current fave. Am still loving my chocolate covered potato chips....
18.gif

3.gif
Have you had a nutella crepe? Or nutella w/bananas, yum! Where do you buy chocolate covered potato chips; I so see hubby eating that. He loves chocolate covered pretzels.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:43:52 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 10/31/2007 10:34:46 PM
I love Candy Corn, total sugar yummm. But haven''t bought any so far. Perugina dark chocolate is my current fave. Am still loving my chocolate covered potato chips....
18.gif

3.gif
Have you had a nutella crepe? Or nutella w/bananas, yum! Where do you buy chocolate covered potato chips; I so see hubby eating that. He loves chocolate covered pretzels.
I buy them at small markets, they are made by Asher''s Candies. I don''t love Nutella, but DD gobbles it up!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:49:02 PM

I buy them at small markets, they are made by Asher's Candies. I don't love Nutella, but DD gobbles it up!!
Thank you Miss Kaleigh.

lydia

Rough_Rock
Have any of you ever had DeBrand Chocolates? Some of the finest. Love the milk chocolate raspberry creams.
18.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Cadbury is one of my favorites! When my mom goes to europe, I always have her bring me back chocolates.

My favorite is milk chocolate with almonds and raisins. I like really good quality milk chocolate - the kind that starts to get creamy and melt before you can even get a tiny bit into your mouth. It''s simply heaven in a candy bar.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ll admit, I''ve been eating heath bars and twizlers all night. None of my 4 kids like them and SOMEBODY in my neighborhood must have been giving out heath bars by the handful because all my kids gave me theirs since they know they are my favorate! Followed by twizzlers that again, none of my kids like.

I gotta figure out who handed out the health bars and tell them they ruined my diet LOL.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 11:30:54 PM
Author: asscherisme
OK, I''ll admit, I''ve been eating heath bars and twizlers all night.
What are Twizlers? Enquiring minds gotta know! (or so they say)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 9:42:51 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Peanut cups...chocolate cups filled with a peanut buttery substance that is usually gritty. Yum yum.
14.gif

I have to say (and I''ll probably get flamed) that American mass market chocolate is pretty disgusting. TGuy won''t touch the stuff.

You are definitely not the only one!! I HATE candy corn! I also hate those little pumpkin things that taste like candy corn. Yucko.

I''ll agree- American commercial chocolate stink. I''d take Cadbury over Hershey''s any day. I can''t wait for Easter and Cadbury eggs!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
twizlers is a brand name but its flavored, usually red strawberry flavored licorice. I noticed this year, my kids got some funky flavor twizlers like green apple, that was yuck!

My kids think its funny that their normally restrained non candy eating mom (me!) on Halloween night gets all excited like a kid over candy :) I enjoy it for the night and no more tommorow.

My husband showed such restraint, he had one peanut butter cup. Just one. I think have had about 6 pieces of candy. Bleck. Too many but it was fun :)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Do you not have Cadbury in the US?
39.gif

Wispa bars (a bit like an aero but smoother, is a plain milk choc bar with 'built in' bubbles for extra yum) were withdrawn from Ireland a while back but somebody cleverly petitioned Cadbury and they brought it back!

Perhaps you could petition Cadbury and consumer power could get you some choc!

ETA: Hmm, twizlers sound like fun!

ETA #2: I must say I was shocked at the cost of the new Wispa, I bought one for DH who was obsessed with them and it was €0.80 which would be about $1.15. Would you pay that much for a regular sized choc bar?

wispa.jpg

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
I''m in TOTAL agreeance....
14.gif
candy corn! I used to love them as a kid, and my parents still put them out during the fall holidays mixed with peanuts. I''d eat the white part, then the yellow part, then the orange and for some reason the bottom never tasted as good as the previous layers!
20.gif
Yep, and I was one of those kids that never ate the brown M&M''s too. Odd, I know!

I''m not usually a chocolate person (DH eats enought chocolate for a small villiage) but will take european chocolate any day! The sugars used abroad is different than here in the states - the chololate is more smooth and rich and yummy!

I love gummy things - bears, worms, swedish fish...on and on! And salt water taffy. There''s a local elementary school that sells taffy bars for findraisers and I go nuts over them!

Anybody with knowledge of good taffy fill me in!
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 11:56:54 PM
Author: Evelynn
20.gif
Yep, and I was one of those kids that never ate the brown M&M's too. Odd, I know!
I get it!

DH is obsessed with Smarties (Nestle), he actually sat me down with a pack to make me understand the difference between the orange Smarties and the rest. And yes, the orange Smarties are Orange flavoured. Try it if you have lots of time
19.gif

(stupid blue line)

"only Smarties have the answer"

Steel

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

I have introduced/reminded you of euro choc. So come on share the love, pics and descriptos of your fav confectionary. Regrettably it is far beyond my bed time so I must be off. (04:09
emmoon.gif
) Silly sleepy Steel.

smartieshavetheanswer.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I demand that you put a stop to this thread this instant.

I am a great supporter of the ANTI SUGAR movement, and I am offended that you all discuss this substance so openly, without reservation. No regard for those of us who believe that sugar should not be spoken of in public forum. Stop it. Right now!!!!

12:30am there is not an ounce of sugar in my house... and I am forced to lick my monitor...I am so ashamed. Please end it before I eat my mouse. For goodness sakes...no more lurid pictures. Have mercy.

DKS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 1:45:35 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
I demand that you put a stop to this thread this instant.

I am a great supporter of the ANTI SUGAR movement, and I am offended that you all discuss this substance so openly, without reservation. No regard for those of us who believe that sugar should not be spoken of in public forum. Stop it. Right now!!!!

12:30am there is not an ounce of sugar in my house... and I am forced to lick my monitor...I am so ashamed. Please end it before I eat my mouse. For goodness sakes...no more lurid pictures. Have mercy.

DKS
Okey doke, what decadent treat is DKS worthy??? If you say fruit, I may have to scream.
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG I am not sure how anyone can eat twizzlers I ate them once and I nearly threw up (same goes for red vines), there is a place near by that sells American candy so I bought some X|. Dr Pepper and Cherry Coke are DIVINE :) only place that sells that as well.

Cadbury is good but :) Adore Cherry Ripes and Bounty''s, Boost, Crunchies etc and a few more I can''t think of but my all time favourite has to be Milky Way Bars Plain or the new Strawberry Surprise one TO DIE FOR :).

Fairly well a huge fan of anything with liquorice and chocolate like bullets etc.

Kinder Bueno''s rock my socks but only problem is they melt so fast in your mouth
7.gif
and then they are all gone

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 11:45:56 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Date: 10/31/2007 9:42:51 PM

Author: TravelingGal

14.gif

You are definitely not the only one!! I HATE candy corn! I also hate those little pumpkin things that taste like candy corn. Yucko.

I''ll agree- American commercial chocolate stink. I''d take Cadbury over Hershey''s any day. I can''t wait for Easter and Cadbury eggs!!

Oh OUPearlgirl....I think I had blocked out the memory of those horrid orange pumpkin thingys out of self-preservation! I''ve always hated those and candy corn, but when I was little, everyone else loved them, so I used to try one each year to try to convince myself that they were good. Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results