shape
carat
color
clarity

Cognitive Dissonance Among Bush Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
"Three out of four self-described supporters of President George W. Bush still believe pre-war Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or active programs to produce them, and that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein gave "substantial support" to al-Qaeda terrorists, according to a survey released Thursday.

Moreover, as many or more Bush supporters hold those beliefs today than they did several months ago, before the publication of a series of well-publicized official government reports that debunked both notions."

Read the entire piece HERE

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you sent here to depress me?

I just finished reading that George Bush's inner circle refers to people who want explanations as "reality based". They are sure they will win the election because there are more people in the country who don't care about reality: their SUPPORTERS, they say, are "faith based".

The article (by Ron Suskind) also said that President Bush does not like anyone to question him, that he becomes angry. In a meeting where he asserted that Sweden had no army, Tom Lantos of California diplomatically tried to say that he must have been unclear, that it was SWITZERLAND that had no army, as he was sure the President knew. Mr. Bush said, no, Sweden had no army. The room fell silent.

A few days later at the White House Christmas party, Mr. Bush ran into Mr. Lantos, grabbed his shoulder, and said, "You're right. Sweden DOES have an army".

I find it frightening that no one was able to tell him that during the meeting. Mr.Bush has far too little knowledge of foreign policy-even just of the WORLD-to be surrounded by yes men.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/magazine/17BUSH.html

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You know me, AGBF; if I'm going to be depressed I want as much company as possible!
naughty.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Hest88, you have more company....

sad.gif

downer to even contemplate...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results