shape
carat
color
clarity

Clueless, gel nail?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I decided I wanted to feel more lady like so about three weeks ago I went to a nail salon and asked for gel nails with the french manicure tips. I know nothing really about these and was told to have them filled every two weeks. I went back last week and had them filled. My question is, can they be painted with color since they have the white tips on them? My other question is do they ever replace the tips or do you just keep getting them filled? I find that there is a bit of a language barrier at the salon. I tried googling the info but am not finding what info I need. If anyone can help explain this I would appreciate it. I do love having nails but am a little embarrassed about knowing nothing.

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
I don't know that much about gel nails...I've generally had acrylics until I just got lazy and stopped having them put on. The white tips is painted on. You can definately paint over them but when you go to remove the colour it will come off as the remover will pull of the white paint (for lack of a better term). I know that with acrylics they just sanded them down and then would do a new overlay to fill the gap...I'm not sure if gel is the same. Hopefully amethyste will pipe up b/c she is the resident guru.

:) Alice

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
At my nail salon, gels are soaked off every time. It doesn't hurt, it just takes longer and costs a lot more. For white tips with acrylics, they use pink and white powder. You can paint over them and take the polish off with no damage, but they charge more for the two powders, so very few women do that. It seems to depend on what part of the country you live in and what country your nail tech is from as to what you get.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
The white tips can be painted over, though, whether it's white painted or a fake nail base. I always had acrylics, I never tried gels, but it is pretty much the same if I am not mistaken.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results