carat
color
clarity

CIA: Russia helped Trump. TOP Reps calling for investigation

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is huge.

"Senior Republicans in Congress have said they will support further investigation of findings that Russian hackers meddled in the US election.
House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell said any foreign intervention in the polls was unacceptable.
President-elect Donald Trump has repeatedly poured scorn on the claims, made by US intelligence.
The CIA concluded on Friday that Russia's motive was to help Mr Trump.

Mr McConnell and Mr Ryan said their respective intelligence committees would investigate the allegations.
"Any foreign breach of our cyber-security measures is disturbing and I strongly condemn any such efforts," Senator McConnell told reporters, adding that "the Russians are not our friends"."

More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38294765

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: CIA: Russia helped Trump. TOP Reps calling for investiga

So, what if top Republicans verify what the CIA has already concluded?
Even with Russia's manipulation Clinton got ~2.5 million more votes than Trump.

Maybe we'll have to shut the Internet off for a week while we hold a new election.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Where there's life there's hope. I just saw a news headline that says the electoral college also wants an investigation.

E B

Ideal_Rock

I wouldn't trust McConnell to be a part of this at all given what the original article said about his (possible) threat. Whether it's true or not, he needs to be as far away from it as possible. Nunes, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, says there's no need to research further. He is also a member of the Trump transition team.

It needs to be independent and bipartisan.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock

I haven't read in depth yet...

If the investigation does reveal Russia helped Trump, what, if anything, can be done about the election results? Could another election be held?

I"m not very familiar with the ins and outs of the US election system. It's very confusing compared to the Canadian one! (and much to long and drawn out)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Watching the new now.

And they were emphatic that is did not affect the vote totals.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Interesting timeline putting everything in perspective. http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/year-the-life-donald-trump-and-vladimir-putin

The way this all played out, with the constant release of emails and the FBI thing I don't think I would be surprised if Trump, Pence, McConnell, and Comey were all involved. This could end up being a major scandal.

But in the end, I think nothing will happen since we don't have any checks and balances currently, and some people are party over country. Why would they rock the boat when they are in charge and can just say the Dems are poor losers?

Some electors are asking to be briefed by the CIA about this, but once again I think in the end nothing will come of it. They will vote for Trump, he will be inaugurated, and then we'll see. So far his foreign diplomacy has been a dumpster fire, but maybe everyone will ignore him like they do Duterte. Our prominence in the world will diminish, which is good for Russia, and the large corporations, banks, and energy companies will make billions, so everyone (except the average American) is happy.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why should anyone be surprised, your CIA claims it had something in those private emails and there were ripples around the world members of the CIA were being paid off to release this information by the Trump team in order to defeat Hillary and make less Americans trust her just before the end of the election, and that is exactly what happened. And they still didn't release any concrete evidence of exactly how bad these emails were. I'm pretty sure that if the whole world had access to all the secret deals Trump has done and will do behind closed doors even some of his die hard conservative voters would be shocked.

As I keep saying you can't elect someone with no moral or ethical values to be your leader and the highest office in the world and expect him to magically become a decent honest person. These arguments we keep seeing that the congress and his own party members will keep him in line, I guess we will wait and see......

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

We all knew this. Wiki Leaks was part of it that you Kenny thought was great. They do not believe the outcome was effected. Of course they should investigate, but don't hope for a redo.

Annette

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

Hi Arkie,

Just a point of clarification. It was the FBI that found the E-mails. They work on a national level only (internal US). The CIA works on intelligence outside the USA. Federal laws have separated these agencies and neither is allowed to do the work of the other. They are 2 separate incidences of the comments. CIA - is reporting interference. FBI -e-mails from unsecured server.
In England you have MI5 and MI6 that do likewise. I bet Australia does the same.

Annette

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton|1481641730|4106852 said:
Hi,

We all knew this. Wiki Leaks was part of it that you Kenny thought was great. They do not believe the outcome was effected. Of course they should investigate, but don't hope for a redo.

Annette
I DO think Wikileaks IS great!

What's not great is one side manipulating what got leaked, and not leaked, and the timing, and the millions of American voters who are hopelessly stupid. :knockout:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1481575108|4106671 said:

Maybe we'll have to shut the Internet off for a week while we hold a new election.
You wanna see another civil war??... :Up_to_something:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1481680378|4107029 said:

The last one was for a good cause.
This one would be, too.

Americans who want shitty things should not get what they want ... even if they are in the majority ... and in this case they are ~2.5million short of that.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1481692223|4107074 said:

This one would be, too.

Americans who want shitty things should not get what they want ... even if they are in the majority ... and in this case they are ~2.5million short of that.

They did not. Clinton was defeated.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1481726645|4107142 said:

This one would be, too.

Meh, would you think the same if Trump won by 2.6 million but lost the electoral college, you would think, she's not my prezi.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe it's time to split up, forget a war.. Canada does pretty well with their french and english sides..

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Tekate|1481728247|4107149 said:

This one would be, too.

Meh, would you think the same if Trump won by 2.6 million but lost the electoral college, you would think, she's not my prezi.

Since the electoral college determines the winner, like him/ her or not, that would be the next President.

I did not vote for Obama. I was not happy when he won.

But I would not disrespect those who voted for him by posting some of the nonsense I see here.

E B

Ideal_Rock

This is...concerning, to say the least.

Net favorability of Putin:

Democrats
July 2014: -54
Dec 2016: -62

Republicans
July 2014: -66
Dec 2016: -10

(YouGov/Economist)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1481728822|4107154 said:

This one would be, too.

Since the electoral college determines the winner, like him/ her or not, that would be the next President.

But I would not disrespect those who voted for him by posting some of the nonsense I see here.

I see much nonsense posted here, does not affect me at all.

I love America, I have lost family members at Pearl Harbor, my father, uncle fought in the south pacific, my grandfather had shrapnel in his leg from the Germany army in WWI, I am a patriot. I did not vote for any republican (except once).. I didn't like it then but I lived with it, I saw Nixon fall, saw Reagan sell guns illegally. Through it all I did not think less of my fellow Americans, till now.. I disrespect every American who voted for Trump, for a plethora, multitude, reasons that have all been discussed here.. to not disrespect them is akin to being unpatriotic to me, it's PC, something the republicans disdain (you know.. coloring books, safe places, let's be nice to each other) I am not going to be happy just to be PC say let's all have a beer (or wine in my case).. I may like a person personally but I cannot respect their vote. at all. no. never. I'm woman enough to admit IF Trump makes America a better place in my view I'd be back (hopefully) to say I was wrong.. that is what an American should do.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Tekate|1481734009|4107178 said:
ruby59|1481728822|4107154 said:

This one would be, too.

A very honest response. I respect you for that.

I love America, I have lost family members at Pearl Harbor, my father, uncle fought in the south pacific, my grandfather had shrapnel in his leg from the Germany army in WWI, I am a patriot. I did not vote for any republican (except once).. I didn't like it then but I lived with it, I saw Nixon fall, saw Reagan sell guns illegally. Through it all I did not think less of my fellow Americans, till now.. I disrespect every American who voted for Trump, for a plethora, multitude, reasons that have all been discussed here.. to not disrespect them is akin to being unpatriotic to me, it's PC, something the republicans disdain (you know.. coloring books, safe places, let's be nice to each other) I am not going to be happy just to be PC say let's all have a beer (or wine in my case).. I may like a person personally but I cannot respect their vote. at all. no. never. I'm woman enough to admit IF Trump makes America a better place in my view I'd be back (hopefully) to say I was wrong.. that is what an American should do.

A very honest response. I respect that.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... I may like a person personally but I cannot respect their vote. at all. no. never. I'm woman enough to admit IF Trump makes America a better place in my view I'd be back (hopefully) to say I was wrong.. that is what an American should do.

A huge +1 ... except the being 'woman' enough part. :bigsmile:

IMO anyone who voted for Trump harmed America, royally!
My anger is appropriate.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T
Funny how you forgot to mention about Carter's inflationary yrs, and Obama's slow growth yrs. Face it ...Americans are pointing their fingers towards the exit door for the Dems. in the house and senate too, and how many states are now run by the Dems?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DF, Trump is not just another Republican.

This is a whole new thing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1481738149|4107202 said:

True, but I think we should give him a chance before we criticize him.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1481742597|4107236 said:
kenny|1481738149|4107202 said:

True, but I think we should give him a chance before we criticize him.

Yeah, so far he's done nothing worthy of criticism. :rolleyes:
Nothing at all. :saint:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just hope and pray that none of my young friends diss him on twitter.
When free speech by a kid is attacked by a president-elect, there is a problem.
He is too busy to prepare to run the country, but has time enough to provoke death threats to a teenager.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why can't the Dems face the truth?... :confused: it had nothing to do with the Russians. HC lost b/c she is a liar, she is corrupted and ran on a 3rd Obama term.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results