shape
carat
color
clarity

Christina Agulara engagement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Now Christina Agulara is engaged! Anyone know about her ring. All I heard was it was from a London based jeweler. You know it has to be fabulous since she put down Britney Spears ring. You can bet it will out shine and out class Brintey since they''re such rivals!!
9.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if he bought it himself or if he''s going to "pay her back" like Britney''s.
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When did she get engaged, and who is she marrying?? Is he in the music business?

Layne

Shiny_Rock
I think the reason she "put down" Britney''s ring is that Britney bought it for herself.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 9:16:56 AM
Author: kaleigh
When did she get engaged, and who is she marrying?? Is he in the music business?

Christina Aguilera is engaged to longtime boyfriend Jordan Bratman. All I know is that he is a music executive. No mention of the ring though...

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Okay the ring seems to be a $54,000 20-carat diamond ring from celebrity jeweler Stephen Webster. No pics though.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks stretch!
Now who is older, Brittany or Christina?

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
And it appears that Brittany is 23. Almost exactly a year difference between them I believe...

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an example of some of his rings...........

fist-of-rings.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That price can''t be right... or it''s 20 carats made of quite a few pieces. Some news agency must have dropped a digit somewhere
3.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe it''s like one of these that he designed, with a big centre diamond stone and lots of little ones???

3-Large-Crown-rings.jpg

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
He became most well known for designing Madonna and Guy Richies wedding bands.

Based on his collections I think Christinas ring will be a lot more funky than Britneys. Maybe she will choose from his rock and roll or tattoo selection!
23.gif

Just found this interesting article when I goodled : Celebrity Engagement Rings:Are you a slave to celebrity trends ....... (note to self - cancel subscription to People and US weekly!)
41.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm.... 20 carats for 54,000$? I don''t know, that price seems much too low. I think Christina''s fiance is more likely to have bought the ring then Britany, I mean apparently, Britney''s fiance couldn''t put a down payment on a ford pickup truck... so I doubt he could pay for a 5 carat ring. I find her husband so... unappealing, in so many different ways.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gotta be a misprint!! Either he got the deal of the century, or that is one ugly diamond, Lol!
3.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2005 12:37:50 PM
Author: kaleigh
It''s gotta be a misprint!! Either he got the deal of the century, or that is one ugly diamond, Lol!
3.gif
Hey, I just reported what several websites were reporting
2.gif
Who knows if it is a single rock (doubtful for that price) or total carat weight...

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
I think you are onto something Stretch.....his style of stuff is more clusters of diamonds than a single stone in which case the price would be right .....he does use some fab coloured jewels so maybe it will be a mix.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
£30K engagement ring for Christina
November 15, 2004, 11:21:21

Christina Aguilera''s boyfriend, Jordan Bratman, has splashed out 30,000GBP on a diamond engagement ring.

Jordan, who works for the singer''s management company, has reportedly ordered a 20-carat ring, which he is expected to present to Christina on her 24th birthday next month.

A friend revealed to Britain''s News of the World newspaper: "Christina and Jordan have been together for a while now and feel ready to settle down. Jordan is sure Christina is the one and can''t wait to make it official, but he decided to wait until her birthday to propose."
This is not the first time the smitten couple have been at the centre of an engagement riddle.

In March, Jordan''s grandmother claimed the pair were set to wed, saying: "Jordan asked her in Los Angeles. I''m very happy.

His mum and dad are very happy too. I don''t know when the wedding will be - soon hopefully." Christina, who has been dating Jordan for 18 months, recently admitted Jordan changed her mind about marriage.

But she also claimed she did not want to rush down the aisle, saying her long-time rival Britney Spears "jumped the gun" by marrying Kevin Federline after dating him for less than a year.

Christina said at the time: "Jordan''s the one guy I can credit for making me think about marriage in a whole new light.

Right now, everybody else is jumping the gun. I don''t want to jump into marriage yet."

Female First.uk Article

"I can''t believe that girl bought her own engagement ring," Xtina reportedly said of rival Britney Spears. "I''ve seen it up close. It looks like she got it on QVC."
Az Central Article

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Those have got to be the ugliest diamonds ever. Those rings from the designer are funky so they''re probably industrial grade stones set all funky to hid how ugly they are.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Interesting enough, Most celebrities get a 75% discount on designer jewelry, diamond engagement rings etc.
Designers consider this a form of marketing, getting their name and ideas out there, and well worth the hit they take. Kwiat talks openly about doing this.

Consider Britney''s 5 carat cushion, she paid $40,000, was probably around $150 - 175K normally (assuming the typical 75% discount.) Excuse me if my math is wrong, I''m slightly mathematically challenged.

Just one of the perks of being a celebrity, once you can afford something they just give it to you. (figuratively speaking.)

I can''t wait to see X-Tina''s ring. Some of Stephen Webster''s designs are delicately edgey. I''m sure it will be beautiful, and not an idustrial grade rock. (Due to the discount.)
Stephen Webster

1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I recall her wearing his designs in the past--he shows some really neat stuff. In that he is a "designer to the stars" I wonder if he also designed Keith Richards unique "wedding" ring.....

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I bet it''s tcw. 20 ct? EWWW.

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
She Did Some Awards show where she managed to wear every piece in his collection.
Looks like she's paying for her e-ring by marketing him!

Quick Change

Successfully orchestrating a quick change spectacular whilst presenting the MTV Europe Awards, Christina Aguilera managed to incorporate virtually our whole Collection. Famously making 10 costume changes during the show with 10 different looks of jewellery, she wins our prize for best piece of product placement during one programme.

Stephen Webster - Enquirer

His collection seems very X-tina, edgy, rock-in roll, but still pretty.
I can't wait to see this alleged 20 carat Rock!
11.gif

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone read the article on celeb engagement rings? Since when did the rule jump to three month''s salary for a ring? That''s ridiculous!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/15/2005 11:12:38 AM
Author: MaybeDayze
Interesting enough, Most celebrities get a 75% discount on designer jewelry, diamond engagement rings etc.

Ah, that would explain why it cost so little.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Hmm...not my style, but definately her personality. Funniest news article I saw on this subject was a journo talking about the "ass-less" wedding dress she will be on the hunt for now!
emdgust.gif

Nicole Richies ring looks a gem!

PS: Inner Kitten, Madonna did get the Neil Lane ring for her engagement but then Stephen Webster ''alledgedly'' made their wedding bands. Not sure if they got upgrades on either when the renewed their wedding vows recently! Good excuse to!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Nicole Ritchie''s ring is a pink sapphire and very pretty. I saw a news clip about them and it said that Christina''s ring is 5cts which sounds much more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results