shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone recommed a check ordering site?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hope this kind of post is allowed, but my bank charges a ridiculous amout to re-order checks, so I''d like to just order them online. I only need the most boring design. I''m just nervous to use a site no one has vouched for since I''d be providing personal info,etc. Thanks!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Your bank won''t allow you to order super basic checks for free or a small fee? I wasn''t aware you could even buy checks through 3rd party sites, so I wouldn''t trust them either.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 5:07:37 PM
Author: elrohwen
Your bank won''t allow you to order super basic checks for free or a small fee? I wasn''t aware you could even buy checks through 3rd party sites, so I wouldn''t trust them either.
I''ve ordered from some in the past and never had a problem. But it was so long ago, I don''t remember any names...

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I always order my checks online. They have so many fun choices! I just ordered some through checksunlimited.com
If you google for a coupon code, sometimes you can find one and get a discount. I think I got 2 boxes for $10, plus matching mailer labels.

Stay away from Carousel checks. I had gotten some through there, and they were printed on the cheapest paper, and the perforations weren''t all the way through, so every check would rip.
38.gif
Big waste of money!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of this. I tell you, you guys have the coolest stuff. I wanna live in the U.S. Take meeeeeeeee!

39.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Your bank charges for checks? That''s kind of odd.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2010 5:21:39 PM
Author: KittyGolightly
I've used ChecksInTheMail dot com with no problems.

I've also ordered mine from Checks in the Mail for years without any problems.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 10:31:25 PM
Author: pennquaker09
Your bank charges for checks? That''s kind of odd.
yup, $20 for one box of plain, most standard ones. Past few years i ordered through my bank and saw they debited my account, so this year I''m not taking the sucker''s bet!

thanks all, will check out that checksunlimited site...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have used both checksinthemail and checksunlimited. They are both good.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 5:21:51 PM
Author: blackpolkadot
I use Checks Unlimited. You can usually google a coupon code for a better deal.
Ooh, thanks. I used code 62ZB and got 50% off
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done Checks in the Mail several times over the last ten years or so with no issue at all. Super easy and the ship very quickly.

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

Just a little PSA...

I used to work for a big retail bank, and we had a few clients who went the ''outside check vendor'' route and ended up with one or two incorrect digits in their routing or account numbers. Please be sure to double check that the routing and account numbers are correct on the checks you receive, because if they''re not and you write a bunch of checks they will all be returned and the bank won''t take any responsibility (because the checks aren''t from their vendor). It was an absolute nightmare for the clients to clean up, and the returned check fee of $34 / check more than ate up any savings that the customers enjoyed by using an outside vendor!

That being said, I think outside vendors are a great way to be able to customize your checks / get a better deal than the bank ones...as long as they print your checks correctly!

Best of luck with it Janine, and happy shopping!

35.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks wyndam...no worries I"m pretty vigilant about things like that. I also do alot of transfers b/ween my bank accounts so am v. familar w/the routing number,etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results