shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling San Diego PSers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 12:30:42 AM
Author: researcher

Date: 7/22/2006 4:03:33 PM
Author: Kay
I have a problem with my new ring. I just posted about this on my other thread, but my ring arrived damaged. As I started to pull the ring out of the velvet box, I noticed a sapphire was missing. As I pulled in out to get a better look, another stone fell out. Also, I looked inside the ring (with and without my loupe) and the Tiffany & Co. hallmark is missing. The area where they showed the signature in the pics posted at Signed Pieces was blank, so I don''t know if someone polished it aggressively, or what happend.

I am so depressed. I have been looking forward to getting this ring all week. I was so excited when I opened the Fed Ex box and saw the original Tiffany''s box, pouch and bag had been included, since that was not mentioned in the ring description. Then I opened the velvet box and saw that gap in the ring.
39.gif

Oh, No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

How horrible that must have been! What in the heck happened, I wonder? I''ve only heard good things about signed pieces until now. This is just terrible! Do they have another one? What are they going to do to make this up to you? I''m so sorry that you''ve had this experience! Maybe we''ll be able to find you something nice at our GTG....

Isaac at SP was very apologetic. He offered to have the ring restored or give me a full refund incl. shipping both ways. I decided to just return the ring because it makes me nervous now. I think I will go back to my original pendant idea for this anniversary. (DH was also very disappointed about the ring, both because I was unhappy and because he knew it would end up costing him more.) I am looking forward to our shopping trip. (DH is terrified.)

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m too lazy
27.gif
to read the entire thread and wonder what details of the "plan" for the 29th is?? Parking is an issue for my big vehicle, so I''d love suggestions for that as well!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 7:16:24 PM
Author: tawn
I''m too lazy
27.gif
to read the entire thread and wonder what details of the ''plan'' for the 29th is?? Parking is an issue for my big vehicle, so I''d love suggestions for that as well!

Well, I tried to make a reservation, but they don''t take any. I was told it should be a problem though, and I will plan on showing up around 11:45 to put my name in.

As for parking, I would try the residential streets right behind Jose''s (sorry, I''m bad with names). There''s even a lot on the street right behind Prospect where you can pay I think $3 for parking. There''s also a parking garage for $5 or $7 or something under the bank on the west side by La Valencia, or you can consider valet parking.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
So, here''s the plan:
July 29th
Noon (I will be there at 11:45 to put our name in)
Jose''s Courtroom
1037 Prospect St. La Jolla, CA 92037
Phone: (858) 454-7655

After we eat we''ll hit the jewelry stores. I am not listing them here so we are not stalked or whatever (and also because I was asked nicely not to do so by our most wonderful PS admins).

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully it will cool down a little bit for us...it''s been so freakishly hot!

kaya

Rough_Rock
This sucks, I can''t make it but I was really looking forward to meeting all you fellow ps''ers. Hopefully another GTG can be arranged in the near future.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 11:58:05 PM
Author: tawn
Hopefully it will cool down a little bit for us...it''s been so freakishly hot!

I know! I went to visit my brother last weekend in Loma Linda and our car said it was 127 outside! According to the official reports it *only* hit 122, but either way it was HOT HOT HOT! Southern California is NOT supposed to be like Arizona! At least San Diego isn''t quite that bad. I am SOOOOO grateful for the ocean!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 8:39:29 PM
Author: kaya
This sucks, I can''t make it but I was really looking forward to meeting all you fellow ps''ers. Hopefully another GTG can be arranged in the near future.

Too bad
39.gif
We will definitely have to plan another one very soon. Maybe a spur-of-the-moment one would work better....

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
May we do a final confirmation? Tomorow at 12pm at Joe''s Court - what is the reservation name under again?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2006 11:21:30 PM
Author: zhuzhu
May we do a final confirmation? Tomorow at 12pm at Joe''s Court - what is the reservation name under again?

The information is as follows:

July 29th
Noon
Jose''s Courtroom

I will be there at 11:45 to "put our name in". Because thy don''t take reservations I''m not exactly sure how we''re all going to recognize one another, but you can see pics of me in the first post of this thread by clicking on the L.A./OC Thread link and a couple of you I know have posted pics in your avatars and/or on the web. I''m sure it will all work out okay!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 2:18:02 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I''ll be there tomorrow!! *bling*
face23.gif
YAY!! And.. will someone bring a camera????
emphoto.gif
LOL See you girls at noon!! :)

I will definitely bring my camera. I just hope I have time to clean my rings! I''ve been busy making a birthday cake for a friend this morning and don''t know if I''ll get it done AND have time to get myself together for our GTG. A squirt of Windex may have to do!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t come today!
7.gif
We bought a new truck yesterday (we pick it up Tues)...and someone is coming all the way from Temecula to look at our other one at noon! Unfortunately, our 2nd vehicle is my husband''s motorcycle...so I''m grounded!

I''ll be there next time! You girls have fun and no jewelry heists or anything! I don''t wanna have to bail you guys out of jail!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2006 12:47:12 PM
Date: 7/29/2006 12:44:19 PM

Author: researcher

Date: 7/28/2006 11:21:30 PM

Author: zhuzhu

The information is as follows:

July 29th

Noon

Jose''s Courtroom

I will be there at 11:45 to ''put our name in''. Because thy don''t take reservations I''m not exactly sure how we''re all going to recognize one another, but you can see pics of me in the first post of this thread by clicking on the L.A./OC Thread link and a couple of you I know have posted pics in your avatars and/or on the web. I''m sure it will all work out okay!

I''ll wear the outfit I wore last weekend for my bridal shower, the coral sleeveless turtleneck and white shorts. I''m sure to have flat, or frizzed out hair due to this non-rain we''re having. I''m so looking forward to this, however! :) I got my ring back yesterday. I''m so excited!

I hear you on the frizzed out hair! What in the heck is up with this weather?!?! My hubby was supposed to go diving this morning but it was cancelled because of the rain. Hopefully bad hair is all we''ll have to deal with!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I am stuck at work right now (been here since 6 AM) but I will get there as soon after 12 as I can.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how fun, i can't wait to see all your posted pictures and hand bling!!! someone's gotta do the mega hand bling shot!
5.gif
have fun!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I too, had so much fun and enjoyed everyones comapny! I did take some awsome pictures but will have to wait till Sunday to post them. Thanks everyone for the fun outing!

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
aw it sounds like yall had so much fun! I cant wait for the next get together! ill definetly be comming!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I had so much fun meeting Researcher, SanDiegoLady, and Zhuzhu! We definitely need to have another GTG soon. It was a riot trying on everyone''s rings at once -- finger full of bling! I''m going to attempt to upload pics, but I''ve never sized them for upload before, so keep your fingers crossed.

From left to right: Researcher''s princess e-ring and w-ring set, Zhuzhu''s princess e-ring, my marquise e-ring and plain band, SanDiegoLady''s diamond and sapphire e-ring. My hand was decked out.
10.gif
10.gif

finger shot 1.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Slightly different angle:

finger shot 2.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Extreme close up:

rings close up.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
On Zhuzhu''s hand, with a few other rings added in:

ZhuZhu rings.JPG

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 1:29:53 AM

Date: 7/31/2006 1:03:11 AM
Author: Kay
Extreme close up:
Loove this picture!!! They are all fabulous! Thanks for posting Kay! It was SO NICE to meet you, I had so much fun doing girlie things with you all!!
I had so much fun, too, although I came home with all kinds of evil ideas after our shopping trip.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lookit that bling!!!
30.gif
all those rings are divine! yum, sounds like you girls had a fabulouso time!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yummy! And Kay, you have such pretty hands!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI"

Whoa! Great pics!!!! Thanks for sharing, sounds like ti was fun!!! Wish I could have been there.

And BTW Kay, you have beautiful hands!!!!! You could be a hand model!!!

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Bling, bling!!!! Looks like you ladies had lots of fun and your rings are blindingly beautiful!
30.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
all your rings are so beautiful your hand really is nice kay, seriously were you a hand model in a previous life lol!? My ring would have been there too!
39.gif
Next time it will be!
35.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sad that I missed all that bling!!
emcry.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2006 2:01:39 AM
Author: GarysBride
all your rings are so beautiful your hand really is nice kay, seriously were you a hand model in a previous life lol!? My ring would have been there too!
39.gif
Next time it will be!
35.gif
Lol, no, I was never a hand model, but I would be happy to model your bling at our next GTG.
2.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
ha ha i cant wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results