shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Handbag Pros!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzyann, I think the RM mini would be a perfect summer bag! I bought two of my bags on Amazon and one at Zappos, and one at the Nordstrom sale. On both Amazon and Zappos I have seen the regular bags go on sale. I have seen the mini's one time. Sometimes Amazon has just a bag sale. I would check every day. I spent a little over for 200 for a couple of them. You can return it if you get it home and think it is too small. I think the strap is removable if you want to use it as just a handbag.

I am not as big a fan of the MAC as I am the Cupid, mainly from a style perspective, but I also really love the outside pockets on the cupid.
If you are lugging a lot of kid stuff in your purse I would go for the full size. I love the almond color for summer. Whatever light color you pick~make sure you get some APPLE water and stain repellant from Amazon. Spray the bag liberally and let dry a couple of times. It will save your bag!!! Trust me on this one, it will be the best investment you make with a light colored bag! I have done all my bags with it and they all look brand new. I am a bit hard on them, and with kids you probably are too!!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to report back. I ended up driving out to Nordstrom's in CT to try some bags on in person. I ended up buying this bag in banana creme. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/marc-by..._sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_10_C The yellow is a perfect not too neon-y, not too pastel-y. It is nice and bright and the bag is just big enough. I actually got complimented a couple times while just trying it on which was nice! While there, I also got a chance to try on the RM Mini MAC and I loved that too but I wanted a fun color. So I ordered this one from Amazon in prune. http://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minko...3739&sr=1-6&keywords=rebecca+minkoff+mini+mac

I still would like to get my hands on a RM Cupid but it will have to wait till the fall because I am cut off on handbag purchases for now!

luv2sparkle, thanks for your help! I actually just ordered the Apple spray and conditioner. Very excited!

Thanks everyone for your help! If I get a chance, I will post some pics!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1398824060|3663283 said:
I wanted to report back. I ended up driving out to Nordstrom's in CT to try some bags on in person. I ended up buying this bag in banana creme. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/marc-by..._sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_10_C The yellow is a perfect not too neon-y, not too pastel-y. It is nice and bright and the bag is just big enough. I actually got complimented a couple times while just trying it on which was nice! While there, I also got a chance to try on the RM Mini MAC and I loved that too but I wanted a fun color. So I ordered this one from Amazon in prune. http://www.amazon.com/Rebecca-Minko...3739&sr=1-6&keywords=rebecca+minkoff+mini+mac

I still would like to get my hands on a RM Cupid but it will have to wait till the fall because I am cut off on handbag purchases for now!

luv2sparkle, thanks for your help! I actually just ordered the Apple spray and conditioner. Very excited!

Thanks everyone for your help! If I get a chance, I will post some pics!

I was going to suggest RM. I have a couple of her bags and the feel of the leather reminds me a bit of Balenciaga. I'm glad you found something in budget you like that's authentic! I also suggest when you get a chance, to check out fashionphile. You can get pre loved bags autheticated on thepurseforum (as long as you participate in the forum). Otherwise, there are some inexpensive authentication services like authenticate4you that will do them for a small fee. I have bought from Fashionphile and they are very easy to deal with and had items authenticated on purforum.

On another note- if you like bright summery bags that won't crush your pocketbook, check out Longchamp. The LePliage tote is comepletely awesome. Once you have one you don't know how you ever lived without one (or 2 or 3...)

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1398181698|3657816 said:
I am a HUGE fan of Rebecca Minkoffs cupid satchel! I own 4 and would love to have the mini also! IMO, it is the perfect bag, with the right amount and perfect placement of pockets. I have had them for almost a year and still love them. That doesn't usually happen for me with bags. Typically, I wear them for a few months and move on to a different style because something about them just doesn't work. Not with this bag, I love everything about it.

Most of the world doesn't pay even $400 for a bag, almost everyone I know finds that excessive. Lizzyann, I think the mini is a great option!
As much as I might love the style of an expensive bag, I could never get myself to pay the prices. I could afford it, I just couldn't get myself to spend it. $400 is about my limit too!

I have a Cupid Mini in Black Cherry and love it! It's about the same size as a Louis Vuitton Speedy. The regular size cupid was way too big for me- though I love the look!

I like the 5 zip Mini and the Mini MAC. Another one I am really fond of that I think has a bit of a Balenciaga feel is the Dexter Bucket. Awesome bag but sadly, I don't have one....still looking for one in a dove blue color from several years ago....but must balance that wish against my Birthday present I am saving for from LV....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1398208781|3658139 said:
ame|1398191839|3657949 said:
PintoBean|1398184862|3657854 said:
Last year, my search for a balenciagaesque bag for less led me to linea pelle. The leather is smooshy and delish.

http://www.lineapelle.com/collection/shop/dylan?limit=all
That's what I was just gonna post :)

Hey Ame, sorry I missed your post earlier. I know you are a fan of the linea pelle line, do you think that it will be too dressy or a good mix of both casual and dressy. I just don't want to feel like it's too dressy for capri's and a tee. I' m thinking the bright color will help casual-ize it a bit!
I don't consider it too dressy. I don't change my bags out for pretty much anything other than if I'm going to a baseball game or something, in which case I go with a tiny coin purse type wallet and my phone in a really small swingpack kinda thing. If I am going to a black tie event, which I do like once every two years, I have a clutch for that, again to fit a tiny wallet and phone. Otherwise, this is what I carry daily, to anything.

I own the Scotch Dylan Medium Tote. In fact I own two of them, both Scotch (one's a backup!), I also own the Dylan Zip Tote in Scotch as well.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
bastetcat|1398825297|3663296 said:
I am a HUGE fan of Rebecca Minkoffs cupid satchel! I own 4 and would love to have the mini also! IMO, it is the perfect bag, with the right amount and perfect placement of pockets. I have had them for almost a year and still love them. That doesn't usually happen for me with bags. Typically, I wear them for a few months and move on to a different style because something about them just doesn't work. Not with this bag, I love everything about it.

Most of the world doesn't pay even $400 for a bag, almost everyone I know finds that excessive. Lizzyann, I think the mini is a great option!
As much as I might love the style of an expensive bag, I could never get myself to pay the prices. I could afford it, I just couldn't get myself to spend it. $400 is about my limit too!

I have a Cupid Mini in Black Cherry and love it! It's about the same size as a Louis Vuitton Speedy. The regular size cupid was way too big for me- though I love the look!

I like the 5 zip Mini and the Mini MAC. Another one I am really fond of that I think has a bit of a Balenciaga feel is the Dexter Bucket. Awesome bag but sadly, I don't have one....still looking for one in a dove blue color from several years ago....but must balance that wish against my Birthday present I am saving for from LV....

Any pics of your Cupid Mini?!!! :naughty: I still really love that one! Unfortunately Nordstrom didn't have any for me to try on.

Edited to ask...is it similar in size to the Speedy 25 or bigger? Also, what LV are you saving for??!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
ame|1398884765|3663734 said:
Last year, my search for a balenciagaesque bag for less led me to linea pelle. The leather is smooshy and delish.

Hey Ame, sorry I missed your post earlier. I know you are a fan of the linea pelle line, do you think that it will be too dressy or a good mix of both casual and dressy. I just don't want to feel like it's too dressy for capri's and a tee. I' m thinking the bright color will help casual-ize it a bit!
I don't consider it too dressy. I don't change my bags out for pretty much anything other than if I'm going to a baseball game or something, in which case I go with a tiny coin purse type wallet and my phone in a really small swingpack kinda thing. If I am going to a black tie event, which I do like once every two years, I have a clutch for that, again to fit a tiny wallet and phone. Otherwise, this is what I carry daily, to anything.

I own the Scotch Dylan Medium Tote. In fact I own two of them, both Scotch (one's a backup!), I also own the Dylan Zip Tote in Scotch as well.

Scotch must be your go to color!!! It is lovely and so classic. Do you treat your bags with any leather treatment Ame?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1398890621|3663789 said:

Any pics of your Cupid Mini?!!! :naughty: I still really love that one! Unfortunately Nordstrom didn't have any for me to try on.

Edited to ask...is it similar in size to the Speedy 25 or bigger? Also, what LV are you saving for??!!!

Hi Lizzyann! It's in the same size range as Speedy 25. Here's a comparison of the two side by side:

rmlv.jpg

and a mod shot:

cupidminkie1.jpg

My birthday is in a few weeks, and I want to get the DA Pochette NM to match my Speedy... :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, that cinches it. I need a cupid mini! I love the color and the size. I am so happy you found a couple bags you love, Lizzyann. I love that Marc Jacobs bag. I see it often at Chipotle for some reason. When I am standing in that long line I always look at ladies bags. When I was deciding on my Cupids that bag (in the larger version) was a real contender.

You will love the Apple guard. I used my almond bag last summer and when I put it away in the fall it still looked brand new, and I have never had that happen to me before. Light color bags have always been a problem for me, but I read a review that said to try it too. I am so glad I did.

You will look so fresh this summer with that bag, Lizzyann!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my linea pelle, I checked the purse forum care thread and saw lots of recommendations for the Wilson's spray, which I went with.

I recently purchased a studded RM ascher in that light aqua color and sprayed it with water resistant spray from Payless (bc Thats what we had at home, and the Wilson's was at my parent's place). No color change. Phew!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
bastetcat|1398899411|3663918 said:
lizzyann|1398890621|3663789 said:

Hi Lizzyann! It's in the same size range as Speedy 25. Here's a comparison of the two side by side:

rmlv.jpg

and a mod shot:

cupidminkie1.jpg

My birthday is in a few weeks, and I want to get the DA Pochette NM to match my Speedy... :love:

Thanks for the pics! That comparison gives me more of a size perspective. I really love that color of your cupid too! You must be excited for your birthday purchase! The thing with me is that I once I decided to buy something, I start researching the crap out of options, then I want like 3 or 4 new somethings. That's the issue I have right now. I bought two bags, but honestly I really want the cupid and the Linea pelle dylan now too. oh geez!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1398909688|3664050 said:
Ok, that cinches it. I need a cupid mini! I love the color and the size. I am so happy you found a couple bags you love, Lizzyann. I love that Marc Jacobs bag. I see it often at Chipotle for some reason. When I am standing in that long line I always look at ladies bags. When I was deciding on my Cupids that bag (in the larger version) was a real contender.

You will love the Apple guard. I used my almond bag last summer and when I put it away in the fall it still looked brand new, and I have never had that happen to me before. Light color bags have always been a problem for me, but I read a review that said to try it too. I am so glad I did.

Thanks luv2sparkle! I'm excited about both of the bags. But now I want more. I've unleashed the beast! Too many cute bags!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1398915195|3664098 said:
For my linea pelle, I checked the purse forum care thread and saw lots of recommendations for the Wilson's spray, which I went with.

I recently purchased a studded RM ascher in that light aqua color and sprayed it with water resistant spray from Payless (bc Thats what we had at home, and the Wilson's was at my parent's place). No color change. Phew!

Pinto, pics needed of your ascher!!! I saw that one online at Nordstrom and debated on that one as well! I actually used a spray I got from Nordstrom on my mini MAC, but I am waiting for the Apple spray to use on my Marc Jacobs since it's a lighter color!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
So I'm a little wrinkly here, but I just got home from a dinner with a friend and I wore the Mini MAC so I figured I'd post a pic! I love it! Not going to be as everyday as the Marc Jacobs as this is a little dressy for me with the kiddos but I just adore the color!

_17618.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1399001022|3664861 said:
luv2sparkle|1398909688|3664050 said:

Thanks luv2sparkle! I'm excited about both of the bags. But now I want more. I've unleashed the beast! Too many cute bags!

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't tell your hubby!!! Mine rues the day I found TPF! (just kidding, mostly!) Love that Mini MAC!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute! That bag will go with so many outfits! I can just see it with a cute summer dress or even shorts out with the kiddos!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1398890820|3663790 said:
ame|1398884765|3663734 said:

Scotch must be your go to color!!! It is lovely and so classic. Do you treat your bags with any leather treatment Ame?

The only one I ever treated was the Zip Tote, and it didn't prevent dark wash jeans I didn't wash enough first (I usually wash new jeans like 5 times before I wear them!) from rubbing off on the bag and slightly staining it. IIRC I used the Wilsons. I have Apple for other bags but never used that on my washed leathers. My mediums I never treated. I used to have the Zip Tote in Iron as well (gray) but my friend bought that and loves and abuses it. I did not treat that either. Scotch is definitely my go to. It's the perfect neutral, and goes with literally everything. If they bring back Midnight, I might end up with one of those. Between camel/bronze and navy ...those are my perfect neutrals.

I also have a few of the Dylan wallets (http://www.lineapelle.com/dylan-zip-wallet?color=Scotch) I have it in Sea Blue and Emerald, I gave my sister my black one since she likes black wallets and I like brightly colored wallets.

FYI LP has a 20% off on the entire site through Monday May 5 with LPMOM20

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results