shape
carat
color
clarity

Brunch Recommendations for San Francisco?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! So we are getting married in San Francisco in just a few months and since everyone is from OOT, we are planning on hosting a brunch the day after the wedding.

People are staying all over, but primarily downtown/fisherman''s wharf area.

We need a place to book a brunch that tastes yummy, won''t cost more than about $20/pp all included, AND that can accommodate up to 40 people.

Any ideas???

We COULD do the Grand Cafe where we went for the last PS get together, but we are looking for something a little more laid back. Diner style recommendations are more than welcome as long as the food is delish!

Any ideas???

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, if you''re looking for laid back, I might consider taking everyone to the Ferry Building and just getting a bunch of yummy breakfast pastries from Acme or Lulu petite - its a gorgeous setting, very laid-back, and you''re like to have decent weather any time in September/October...

You could also try Sear''s fine foods off Union square, but not sure how many people they can accommodate...

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
hi neatfreak-

not sure about the availability re: 40 people, but you should at least check out 2223 Restaurant. I''ll think about it and will probably come up with a few other options...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both great ideas! I hadn''t thought of the Ferry bld. idea. We just want everyone to get together again basically before people start leaving! I''ll call Sears too.

Anyone else???

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
for an option in the Mission (if interested), check out The Last Supper Club.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 8:39:17 PM
Author: boston_jeff
hi neatfreak-

not sure about the availability re: 40 people, but you should at least check out 2223 Restaurant. I''ll think about it and will probably come up with a few other options...

Ohhh that place looks so yummy! But it says only 24 for the private room...hmmm...well we will keep it in mind if not too many people RSVP for the brunch! Thanks!!!!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Neatfreak-- Though I suppose both lose some points for being chain restaurants, I''ve attended post-wedding brunches at both the Cheesecake Factory in the top floor of Macys Union Square and Daily Grill just off Union Square in the last year. To argue the positives, the food is reliably good, the menu is in your price range, the restaurant can accomodate larger groups, and both are within easy walking distance of the Union Square area hotels at which the majority of out-of-town visitors stay. (Besides, after all the effort and uncertainty put into the prior couple of evenings, a loss-stress/high-predictable meal might be the perfect salve!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results