shape
carat
color
clarity

Brad and Angelina engaged

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Black Jade|1334430932|3171036 said:
For the record, although I believe that gay marriage is wrong and is destructive to society, I do believe that there are people who don't understand this and honestly believe it is the 'fair' thing to do and are fighting for it with good (though mistaken) intentions.

Would it be ok according to the Pricescope rules to make a break away thread about this? I am very interested in the reasoning behind this comment, especially since it is coming from Black Jade.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lulu|1334521622|3171715 said:
I don't like the ring and I didn't like the ring he designed for Jennifer Aniston either. But I just want to say that I think promoting marriage, all marriage, is good for society. I don't see it as destructive to society at all.

hmmm, after reading this I realized that I didn't know what Aniston's ring from Pitt looked like, so I went to look. Ack! It looks like a cocktail ring from the '70s!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/angelina-jolie-engagement-ring-jennifer-aniston-brad-pitt

I guess this is what happens when your fiancé fancies himself a designer. I wonder what he got Gwyneth Paltrow?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1334549628|3172104 said:
I don't like the ring and I didn't like the ring he designed for Jennifer Aniston either. But I just want to say that I think promoting marriage, all marriage, is good for society. I don't see it as destructive to society at all.

hmmm, after reading this I realized that I didn't know what Aniston's ring from Pitt looked like, so I went to look. Ack! It looks like a cocktail ring from the '70s!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/angelina-jolie-engagement-ring-jennifer-aniston-brad-pitt

I guess this is what happens when your fiancé fancies himself a designer. I wonder what he got Gwyneth Paltrow?[/quote]

If she's lucky, hopefully nothing. He shouldn't be designing rings. Angelina's looks like a blingy conveyor belt.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1334550106|3172107 said:

I guess this is what happens when your fiancé fancies himself a designer. I wonder what he got Gwyneth Paltrow?[/quote]

If she's lucky, hopefully nothing. He shouldn't be designing rings. Angelina's looks like a blingy conveyor belt.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting the closeup of the ring! I can't say I'm a big fan of it. I'm underwhelmed.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1334513721|3171635 said:
Just found this. I'm not really into the style of this ring (I like EC's, though), but I think it fits her.
if anything i'm actually disappointed. I don't want to me mean but i kinda expected something really stunning and imho that doesn't quite do it.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed on Brad Pitt needing to stay away from the designers role for the rest of time. Jolies's is certainly better than Aniston's but maybe it's because we are looking at them through the lens of time?

And now off to try to find Gwyneth Paltrow's from 1997. They only thing I can find is this sentence: "Brad Pitt was also known for the ring that he designed for Gwyneth Paltrow, as it not only had diamonds on the topside, but on the underside of the band as well. "

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I cannot find the Paltrow ring, but I'd be surprised if it isn't hideous. The funny thing is, you know both Angelina and Jennifer have better taste than this which just goes to show that even when you're rich and famous it's hard to tell the guy you love "that's hideous".

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu|1334587999|3172302 said:
I cannot find the Paltrow ring, but I'd be surprised if it isn't hideous. The funny thing is, you know both Angelina and Jennifer have better taste than this which just goes to show that even when you're rich and famous it's hard to tell the guy you love "that's hideous".

Do you think Angelina will come find PS to ask "My boyfriend put in a lot of effort into my ring, but I hate it - what should I do?"

:rodent:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1334590438|3172327 said:

Do you think Angelina will come find PS to ask "My boyfriend put in a lot of effort into my ring, but I hate it - what should I do?"

Maybe we should start that thread!

brangie'sbetter1/2 said:
After knocking me up me twice (once with twins!) and keeping me waiting for 7 years, my #$!!% boyfriend goes ahead and DESIGNS my engagement ring without any input from me. It's hideous! What am I supposed to do, it cost a fortune -- but not as much as he spent on his simpering bleached blonde ex-wife. I'm not even sure I want to marry the guy but our kids (all 6, but that's another story) keep bugging us.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know, I kind of like it. Both rings that he's designed have been different to what's normally seen out there. Angelina's is cool, not knowing where one diamond stops or starts. Not subtle, but the understated look that emerald cuts can have. Jennifer's was bubbly, like a frilly dress. It always reminded me of the barbie in the cake that was so popular when I was a kid. The icing skirt was always amazing, icing everywhere! Jennifer's ring looks like that but with diamonds.

I'm not saying I'd want to have either, but I'd give them a forth look if I saw them in real life - and not because either is ugly!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

but when you're rich and famous you can have any diamond ring you want...for most of the PSers who don't like their ring that will be their only diamond ring! (obviously FWP!)

lol @ MariaD

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1334593361|3172367 said:

Maybe we should start that thread!

brangie'sbetter1/2 said:
After knocking me up me twice (once with twins!) and keeping me waiting for 7 years, my #$!!% boyfriend goes ahead and DESIGNS my engagement ring without any input from me. It's hideous! What am I supposed to do, it cost a fortune -- but not as much as he spent on his simpering bleached blonde ex-wife. I'm not even sure I want to marry the guy but our kids (all 6, but that's another story) keep bugging us.
:lol:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Galateia|1334393421|3170763 said:
I really don't give a hoot about the people involved, because they aren't people I know personally, but the hypocrisy in public opinion about them gets my goat. :angryfire:

I, for one, am totally sick of people dissing Jolie because of how they met while forgetting the details. I remember reading stuff at the time (before he and Aniston divorced) about their troubled marriage and him wanting kids and she didn't ... and then suddenly people forgot those reports about them being on the rocks over kids and it became "OMG ANGELINA IS AN EVIL HOMEWRECKER" when Aniston herself broke up a 10 year marriage by dating Justin Theroux, which apparently blindsided his common law wife. Where is the outrage that Aniston is just as guilty of being a homewrecker as Jolie is?

And yet, people still love to paint Angelina as an evil vixen and Jennifer as this innocent, blameless victim even though she's done the same thing herself. Moreover, why have people glossed over the trip Pitt and Aniston took near the end where he gave her the ultimatum of kids vs. divorce? If a woman wanted children and her husband refused to have them, would anyone blame her for leaving him and finding someone else who did?

I respect what Jolie and Pitt have done with their fame and fortune. It's certainly more worthwhile than what Aniston has done with hers. Moreover, they took a stance against marriage in protest of gay marriage bans, and now they are acquiescing to what their children want. How is it that people can remain so spiteful towards them?

These people are merely celebri-twits. That's all. No one should have an angst-ridden thought about any of the three of them. There is no need to get flaming :angryfire: about their drama or any perceived injustice. The fact that anyone gives a damn sells magazines I suppose . . . the same magazines that keep the topic hot :angryfire: with speculation after accusation after innuendo after outright lie. I really don't think any off-the-cuff opinion here is hurting the Jolie-Pitts. :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I guess this is what happens when your fiancé fancies himself a designer. I wonder what he got Gwyneth Paltrow?

And yet I think Jennifer's ring is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen! I wanted one for ages...sigh......

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1334595141|3172396 said:
These people are merely celebri-twits. That's all. No one should have an angst-ridden thought about any of the three of them. There is no need to get flaming :angryfire: about their drama or any perceived injustice. The fact that anyone gives a damn sells magazines I suppose . . . the same magazines that keep the topic hot :angryfire: with speculation after accusation after innuendo after outright lie. I really don't think any off-the-cuff opinion here is hurting the Jolie-Pitts. :bigsmile:

Apropos of nothing...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proof-of-angelinas-obsession-with-all-things-jen.172805/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proof-of-angelinas-obsession-with-all-things-jen.172805/[/URL] :wink2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the heck with allll ya'llll (as my in-laws in Texas would say)....I like Jolie's ring. I remember PSers ooohing and ahhhing over similar rings posted here so I can't be a one off. The Aniston/Pitt ring was a nightmare imho -- looks like a cow pie.

Jennifer Aniston.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I think its great he tried and was personally involved in the rings. And it looked like he was trying to design rings that went with the wearer's personality (at least the rings look different from one another). While maybe not my taste I am assuming he got input from each of them while in the design process!

I also I remember people oohing and ahhing over emerald rings with step cut sides, don't know what all the hate for Angie's ring is about.

As far as marriage, maybe its just a linguistic hang up, I do think of marriage as between a man and a woman. Marriage has a religous connotation. Even with heterosexual couples marriage is two things both a symbolic (primarily family, church, etc ritual) AND a legal change.

I'm perfectly fine with the states and the US ratifying civil unions that have the same legal rights (especially regarding health insurance, care of children, inheritances) as heterosexual marriage so that those partnerships (and children within those families) have protection under the law.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1334604532|3172554 said:
Well the heck with allll ya'llll (as my in-laws in Texas would say)....I like Jolie's ring. I remember PSers ooohing and ahhhing over similar rings posted here so I can't be a one off. The Aniston/Pitt ring was a nightmare imho -- looks like a cow pie.

.....And since she no longer needs this "cowpie", do ya think she sell it to me? :love:

cheers--Sharon

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1334605564|3172575 said:
.As far as marriage, maybe its just a linguistic hang up, I do think of marriage as between a man and a woman. Marriage has a religous connotation. Even with heterosexual couples marriage is two things both a symbolic (primarily family, church, etc ritual) AND a legal change.

That may be true for many people, but it was not the case for me. I got married with a casual civil ceremony and there was absolutely nothing religious about it at all.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Matata|1334604532|3172554 said:

I stated earlier to someone that it looked like he was eating a cinnabon while designing it...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd rather have had the cinnabon. $500,000 worth even.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
armywife13 said:
JuneRose|1334475139|3171432 said:
Maria D|1334435328|3171067 said:
SweetAsscher|1334434810|3171059 said:
I think small minded people are destructive to society.

+1

actually +1 X

Add me to this list.
Me too!

I think sometimes people bring extraneous elements into a conversation to create controversy and gain attention. :rolleyes:

I've found the best approach is to stick to the subject and ignore it.

Along those lines;

I think Brad better not give up his day job, because a jewelry designer he ain't! :) I'm pretty unimpressed by both of these rings, design-wise. Bling- nice. Design - bleah! :tongue:

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
packrat|1334607956|3172630 said:
I'd rather have had the cinnabon. $500,000 worth even.

Haha. Me too. I wouldn't pick either. However, if those were my only two options, I'd rather have Aniston's ring!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1334603315|3172530 said:
HollyS|1334595141|3172396 said:

Apropos of nothing...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proof-of-angelinas-obsession-with-all-things-jen.172805/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/proof-of-angelinas-obsession-with-all-things-jen.172805/[/URL] :wink2:

Poking fun at Jolie for her "strike a pose" voguing moment at the Oscars isn't quite the same as getting bent out of shape over gossip about her (or Jen). It's just snark because I can. And I enjoyed it. :cheeky:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love her ring, it is modern and vintage at the same time, and suits her well.

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
DD beat me to it. I love the ring too. Very Art Deco, it looks like something I can find on Lang's or LM's website. I would probably have done a different step cut side stone to make the center stone pop more, but I think it's gorgeous as it is. Much, much better than JA's to my preference.

laylah

Rough_Rock
Black Jade|1334430932|3171036 said:
Logan Sapphire|1334355698|3170513 said:
minousbijoux|1334355128|3170503 said:
Oh Logan, in case of misunderstanding - I am interested in the ring and the bling, just not the couple!

No worrie- I'm the same way, though I do find it curious that they took a stand on not marrying until there was marriage equality, so i wonder what changed their minds?

No one in Hollywood has cared about marriage for years. When they do decide to get married, it is only because they want publicity with the ring and the wedding photos. Marriage is not an institution to them--they look on it only as a photo op that they can/will get out of as needed (with more publicity--don't kid yourself, both Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie did very well publicity wise out of this manufactured 'homewrecker vs. good girl saga, which was a replay of the Elizabeth Taylor/Debbie Reynolds script from fifty years ago, that's all). Marriage clearly has nothing to do with raising children in the best possible way and making sure that society continues to flourish, so why wouldn't they make some kind of off-hand remark about not 'marrying' (as they understand it) until gays can go through exactly the same charade as they do? I'm sure they don't even remember that they said this and they were never standing on principle of any kind anyway so why not change their mind when it seems convenient for whatever reason?

For the record, although I believe that gay marriage is wrong and is destructive to society, I do believe that there are people who don't understand this and honestly believe it is the 'fair' thing to do and are fighting for it with good (though mistaken) intentions. However, Brangelina would not be in this in this group--Brangelina doesn't have any real opinions--certainly not ones that they would stand up for and fight. They will always be there (like most Hollywood stars, though not all) parroting whatever their social circle parrots and getting credit for being 'progressive' and 'right-thinking' when there is no risk to them or their good publicity or their pocketbook. What I TRULY don't understand is why we let these pretty and entertaining people (who recite lines well but have no brains) affect OUR opinions and even ask them to testify in Washington and affect public policy? I would consider their coming 'marriage' as the circus sideshow that it is and just enjoy it (if that is my impusle) without trying to make them seem to make sense, which they don't.

And it may be mean to be commenting on the way Angelina's hand looks, but honestly, their shelf-life is just about over and their expiration date is coming up soon. In ten years few will remember who these people even ARE--and we will be dealling with newer versions of the same exact thing and all their movies will be 'old' movies to people born this year and later very soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Wow.

I think their sentiment was lovely. Gays should marry.They likely have many gay friends and/or family members. They are everywhere ya know.

What could possibly be wrong with two people marrying because they are in love? Gawd, I am so glad I live where I do, not only am I married, gay, free and happy, I don't actually know (in r/l) anyone with your point of view.

Ok, back to lurking. ;-)

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Haha...Brad should not quit his job as an actor to become a ring designer. Gees, he should have come here first and checked out the "Show me the bling" forum before meeting with the jeweler!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results