shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday Gift w/ $250 budget

Person24

Shiny_Rock
A close friend is turning 30 very soon. I would like to get her a nice gift. I have been putting off picking out a gift because she is picky and has a lot of nice things already. I was thinking maybe a small piece of jewelry. But I don't really want to spend much more than $250.00 so I am not sure what I will be able to find. Please help me spend my money! Thanks. :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Give us a little hint on her style...I love spending other people's money!

Is she the type to flaunt a cocktail ring, or a dainty pair of pearl studs? Is she modern, retro, classic? Would she swoon for a name brand (Tiffany, etc.) or be more apt to appreciate an etsy vendor, either handmade or vintage?

A few things I think would suit nearly every taste:
Zellige pendant from Tiffany
Blue Topaz Necklace and matching earrings from Blue Nile
White Akoya Studs from Pearl Pardise
Amethyst Ring from OneGarnetGirl on etsy

Person24

Shiny_Rock
She has a classic style. I could see her wearing vintage or something modern but traditional. She doesn't care about the brand as long as it isn't junky.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
vc10um|1318095968|3036040 said:
Give us a little hint on her style...I love spending other people's money!

Is she the type to flaunt a cocktail ring, or a dainty pair of pearl studs? Is she modern, retro, classic? Would she swoon for a name brand (Tiffany, etc.) or be more apt to appreciate an etsy vendor, either handmade or vintage?

A few things I think would suit nearly every taste:
Zellige pendant from Tiffany
Blue Topaz Necklace and matching earrings from Blue Nile
White Akoya Studs from Pearl Pardise
Amethyst Ring from OneGarnetGirl on etsy

That Zellige pendant from Tiffany is SOOOOO cute! Love it.

FWIW, if you decide to do a color stoned pendant from BN, they have some fun bezel pendants. I got one last spring. I did get the BN necklace shown above and found that it was really boxy from the side view...I ended up exchanging it for:

http://www.bluenile.com/amethyst-silver-necklace_19250

It's fun but the stone probably isn't considered high end :) lol It's great for anyone who wears a lot of purple!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought myself two vintage watches - one for turning 30, the other for everyday - both classic and pretty but still pretty luxe feeling and around the $200-$300 mark each.

What does she wear or not wear? Carry handbags? Fancy leather planner? Scarfs? What's her taste?

Person24

Shiny_Rock
She is understated. Everything she wears classic, elegant and simple but of very good quality. She prob. would wear a watch but I don't think she has one. She wears clean lines. She occasionally will wear something a little bit funky but the rest of the outfit will be plan. She does carry a handbag. She is in a profession where she has to dress up every day and look nice.

She isn't someone who wears loud colors or prints . . .

Am I not giving enough information . .. . :confused:

Thanks for the help! :mrgreen:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think anything from the Tiffany's Elsa Peretti or Paloma Picasso lines would fit the bill. Not a lot of bang for the buck, but she might be tickled to get one of those blue boxes even if she doesn't purchases "show them" brands for herself.

Does she wear bracelets? A sterling silver cuff bracelet fit her fashion sensibilities. There are lots on ebay, if you feel confident in your ability to sift through the offerings to find the real stuff. Here's one that's likely to be good quality: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAXCO-SOUL-...ltDomain_0&hash=item53e9687c3e#ht_4266wt_1156

ETA some more silver cuff bracelet options that look reasonable:
http://www.sausalitosilver.com/product/Sterling-Silver-Cuff-Bracelets.html

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a silver cuff bracelet! That's clean and classic. Or a watch.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she likes to read, there is a new kindle and I would get it with the lighted cover from amazon.

A nice handbag would be great.

A second for anything from Leatherology. If you get her a piece of jewelry, you could get her a case for it as well.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I think a pashmina scarf/shawl (a nice long one in a luscious color) would be appreciated by the "woman who has everything." Even if she already has something like this, one can never own too many in too many colors!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I vote for one of the Tiffany options. The blue box is always exciting and the pieces are classic.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really pretty! Did you buy them in a store? I'd love to see a photo.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic with just a touch of edgy - very nice!

Person24

Shiny_Rock
Addy, It is already wrapped. I will take a picture once she opens it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results