shape
carat
color
clarity

Big purse, small purse, or no purse? What do you carry?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I just downsized my huge purse to a small/medium purse because of shoulder/back pain. I was really surprised to realize how much STUFF I was carrying everytime I left the house and didn't need it. I realized I really only need a few minimums including my glasses, wallet, etc.

When I look around when I go out it seems most women around me carry either huge purses are small tiny purses without a lot in the middle.

What about you? Big, small, somewhere in the middle?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry a huge gucci tote most days to bring gym clothes and lunch to work. Otherwise I have a few medium size bags that fjt wallet, phones and a magazine. If I don't need the space, I try to to downsize my bags.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry the bare minimum. Keys, cell phone and small wallet in my pockets. No purses.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I switch around depending on where I am going, but I do notice the bigger bag, the more junk I carry. Right now it's a blue Guccissima bag. I think it's medium size.

_16708.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1396890661|3649041 said:
I carry the bare minimum. Keys, cell phone and small wallet in my pockets. No purses.

I would love to not need a purse. I am VERY nearsided and wear contacts. I am so paranoid about losing a contact away from home and not being able to function or see to drive I had a spare pair of glasses made to keep in my purse. Surgery is not an option (I'm not a candidate due to being SO nearsided) So for that alone I need a purse. But you don't need a big purse to carry a glasses case and wallet and just a few other small things.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I typically carry a medium purse during the day and I alternate between various clutches for evening. For me, handbags aren't just about practicality (to carry things around), but they are part of my wardrobe. I have a designer shoe and handbag collection:)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Med-Large bag with crossbody option.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally depends on what I will be doing/where I will be going and with whom. For example, if my dh is with me I usually don't bring cash and I might have him put my lip gloss in his pocket so I might bring nothing with me and do not need a pocketbook in that case. Other times I might just bring my phone and lipgloss with CC so I take a small bag. For work I bring a medium to large bag to carry everything I need. I prefer to go as lightweight as possible because it really does add strain to your back/shoulders. I like crossbody bags the best for comfort and ease.

I also enjoy pocketbooks as fashion accessories but I enjoy lightweight ones best these days. :))

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Medium sized purse for everyday; big enough for an 8x11 notebook, for the sake of reference. Or, a tiny crossbody that just holds my wallet and phone if I'm going someplace busy or doing a lot of walking.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I usually carry my Longchamp tote. Super lightweight, and super sturdy, easy to clean. I can carry everything from sodas, to gym clothes, to laptop and paperwork (in manila folders).

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have probably more purses then my DH knows about. All shapes, sizes and colors. Do I use any of the said super cute purses. Of course not! Instead I have a monster MK bag that has toys, crayons, a cell phone, kindle, wallet, passports (for everyone), international paperwork, at least 12 ID's in case I forget who I am, extra clothes in case 2 year old has an accident, hand brush and clips for 2 year old, extra batteries for who knows what, lotion for 3 year old who has sensative skin, bottles of water and snacks because 2 and 3 year old are always hungry/ thirsty, extra coin purse for Euros (PITA!!!!!), house keys, car keys, garage keys.....I know I am missing so much more. ;(

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since I'm always on business trips I carry a computer backpack/tote with luggage pass through. I will never buy leather so luxury purses, Tumi etc are all out of the question.

On weekends I sometimes transfer my items to an ultralight (hipster) backpack or a lightweight cross-body purse for dancing.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
For day to day use, I consider mine to be medium size (35cm wide). I fall into that category of bigger purses = more junk carried for no reason. I'll carry a smaller clutch for special nights out but I always feel like I'm missing something when I stand up from the table or will need something that's not on me.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I carry the Longchamp Le Pliage tote or the Brooklyn Industries messenger bag when I have classes. Other times I use a cheap faux leather cross body or the Mulberry Bayswater. My purse collection is pretty small.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry around a very small black coach purse..it fits a small wallet, tube of lipstick, cellphone and a few kleenex..anything more and its cramped..it works for me...I dislike carrying large purses..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and when I need a large purse if I get tired of carrying it I think you can all guess who helps me out a bit. :cheeky:
Men are the best accessory of all. ;))

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I fluctuate. Sometimes it's nothing, others it's a wristlet, still others, it's a bigger tote with adjustable strap for shoulder or crossbody.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
During the week I carry a medium-large size bag big enough to hold my iPad, lint roller, and whatever else I may need. On weekends I downsize to a small bag that holds my wallet, cell phone, compact and lipgloss.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually carry a medium sized purse so I can carry my iPad mini and a water bottle. Sometimes I want a lighter purse though and use a small bag that basically holds keys, tissues, billfold and chap stick.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I alternate between two small messenger bags and two small cross-body purses (if I carry a bag at all -- I actually prefer just to stick stuff in my pockets). The cross body purses are just large enough to carry the essentials -- wallet, phone, check book if needed, sunglasses, and keys. The messenger bags can carry those things plus a notebook or two, and a water bottle.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 3 that I switch between. A large bag to fit my laptop, wallet, cardigan, and lord knows what else in. A small bag that can hold a kindle, wallet, glasses, keys and not much else. And a wallet that doubles as clutch. I mostly just carry the wallet if we're going out. To work, I ride a bike, a usually carry a backpack with change of clothes, lunch, and then one of the other bags to carry depending on what I'm doing that day. I'm in the market for a medium sized bag at the moment and am having trouble finding one. Whoever said everyone either carries a very small or very large bag is right!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wristlet/diaper bag for the past 22 months. I'm in the market for a couple new bags this year, though, as my kiddo ages out of diapers and I don't need to carry around as much stuff. I took a Marc Jacobs bag out of its dustbag a few weeks ago and have carried that some, but the size and shape don't really fit my needs anymore. I'd like a slim, cross-body swing pack for practicality, and honestly that's about it. I like handbags, but the styles I like tend to be on the large side and all they do is weigh me down. I'm kind of sick of hauling around STUFF at this juncture, yanno?

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Depends, really....

When I go shopping, or go walking in the city, I take a small crossbody. Small as in enough for my phone, chapstick, cash, ID, etc..

The rest of the time I carry medium/large.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once in a while I carry a small cross body for shopping, but most of the time I care a medium/crossbody and handle bag. My favorite is Rebecca Minkoff Cupid satchel. I have this bag in four colors and I switch depending on the season and how I feel. For traveling I have a pac-save crossbody.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherisme,
If I need to carry a glasses case, iPad, a bottle of water, travel documents and other small items, I have a medium sized utilitarian black bag with 1 inner zip-able pockets, 4 slip-in type pockets, and 1 large slip-in type pocket which keeps things separated for ease of finding my items. It has a long and wide sturdy strap that won't make my shoulder sore as I wear it across my body (rather than slung over one shoulder). I like to be hands-free for activities. The plainness also makes it less embarrassing for DH to carry it for me. My Yak-Pak is still in good condition after more than 10 years and has a clip buckle and velcro for extra closure security. Understandably, it looks too utilitarian for most women.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the situation... most days NO purse because I have a backpack full of books and I just tuck my wallet and keys in it (or you could call it a very LARGE purse haha). Mostly I would say small purse because I just need a strap to tuck my wallet and keys in. Occasionally there is need for something larger, but not often -usually just some sort of bag to hold the small purse and some other things haha

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
bare minimum in my pocket or a small wallet/wristlet that I can carry.

I am a minimalist when it comes to diaper bags too:) I just don't like carrying stuff around with me all the time.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I carry a medium bag, big enough for my (overstuffed) wallet, phone, and various other things, including my Kindle (which is a small device). I agree, the bigger the bag, the more crap I drag along with me.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I wear crossbody purses only. I like "hands- free" and everything organized.

Outer pouch with quick-open magnetized flap essential for my iPhone. Keys must be accessible easily in a zippered outer pouch. Main compartment must be zippered and have another zippered compartment inside for secure wallet. Room for reading glasses, pens, loupe, checkbooks, sunglasses.

I am a fan of this Baggalini for travel and daily use and I also like all-leather Coach, Fossil and B. Makowsky crossbody purses. Purse pet peeve: An "all-leather" purse but the strap is fake leather...that eventually frays or breaks. You'd be surprised how many nice purse brands do this.

The Baggalini pictured doesn't pretend to be leather, that's OK! Here is a picture of my blue Coach bag for times when I need to carry a small bag, but it has all the requirements - under that buckle you see is a magnetized flap where my phone goes.

_16752.jpg

_16754.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results