shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Lipstick Suggestions

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In my eternal search for the perfect lipstick, I thought I would ask the PS ladies for suggestions. Please tell us the brand and name of your favorite lipstick. I would also love to know why it is your number 1 pick.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a fan of the Covergirl Lip Perfection lipsticks. For me, I find they strike the perfect balance between non-drying and long-lasting. I've heard other people comment that they are drying, but I've always found them slightly moisturizing. My favorite colors are Temptress (everyday pink), Flame (red!), and Divine (fun Katy-Perry-esque purple). The Queen collection lipstick is the same formula I think but different colors. I can't remember the name of my favorite from that one but it's a nude color, and is the only nude lipstick that has ever worked for me, which is ironic because it's Covergirl's "Makeup for dark skin colors" collection and I am the whitest white that ever whited.

http://www.covergirl.com/lipperfectionlipcolor
http://www.covergirl.com/queencollection-lipcolor
http://www.temptalia.com/tag/covergirl-lip-perfection-lipcolor (swatches)

Before I found those, I NEVER wore lipstick. I bought a lot of it but hated all of it. Now I wear it semi-regularly, and any time I dress up.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're pricey, but I love Chanel lipstick and lip gloss. Their reds are especially wonderful.

I didn't believe they could really be worth the extra money until DH convinced me to try one of their reds. They're wonderful.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually really love my Tarte lip tint, TruBlood color. I know it sound ridiculous, but I like that it's moist without being sticky or easily smeared, the color lasts, and it's very low fuss. Plus I love the shade. I'm a "Red lipstick" kind of gal.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1331100330|3142634 said:
They're pricey, but I love Chanel lipstick and lip gloss. Their reds are especially wonderful.

I didn't believe they could really be worth the extra money until DH convinced me to try one of their reds. They're wonderful.

Same here, love them. Current favourites are Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Fetiche and Glossimer gloss in 267.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Clinique - Black Honey (it is called almost lipstick) and I have worn this for years along with a similar Prescriptives one that they no longer make. I love love love this Clinique lipstick soooooo very very much!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1331128540|3142800 said:
I actually really love my Tarte lip tint, TruBlood color. I know it sound ridiculous, but I like that it's moist without being sticky or easily smeared, the color lasts, and it's very low fuss. Plus I love the shade. I'm a "Red lipstick" kind of gal.

This is a great product.

I love it.

I also like Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing Lip Color. It's applies like a gloss but is really a lipstick. Only downside is limited color selection.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another CoverGirl aficionado - I found the stuff when I was 24 and I've never looked back. Lipstick that I can wear all day without having to worry about it? I'm SOLD.

The funny thing, I think, is just how awesome the stuff is vs. how few people seem to know about it. Every conference I attend, somebody will go through a meal or two with me with a funny look on their face before asking how I keep from leaving bright smears on all my cups; every dentist appointment I keep, the doctor expresses surprise when it doesn't wind up smeared all around my face like clown makeup.

CoverGirl, yo. It's a godsend.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't wear lipstick, I wear Dior Addict Lip Glow. Its sort of like a lip balm but it enhances your own lip colour. I really love it, my lips turn a lovely dark pinkish colour and the added benefit is the moisturiser in the balm. Makes your lips lovely and soft :))

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Maisie|1331130604|3142834 said:
I don't wear lipstick, I wear Dior Addict Lip Glow. Its sort of like a lip balm but it enhances your own lip colour. I really love it, my lips turn a lovely dark pinkish colour and the added benefit is the moisturiser in the balm. Makes your lips lovely and soft :))

Oooh, that sounds lovely. I'm going to give that a try, thanks Maisie.

I only ever have Chanel lipstick, because my mother gives me one every year for my birthday, along with matching nail varnish. Now, there's two things I don't often wear, lipstick and nail varnish. Bless. Still, from the very occasional time when I want to look fancy, I can confirm that Chanel lipsticks really are lovely. They taste nice (90% of my requirement from a lipstick) and they stay on, more or less.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chanel does have the best glosses! The Glossimers stay on even when you eat/drink.

My current lipstick is by MAC, but it doesn't stay on very long. I had the same one before and used it up, but now they must have changed the formula as this one stays on for maybe 10 minutes. Won't be buying it again!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1331140789|3142965 said:
Chanel does have the best glosses! The Glossimers stay on even when you eat/drink.

My current lipstick is by MAC, but it doesn't stay on very long. I had the same one before and used it up, but now they must have changed the formula as this one stays on for maybe 10 minutes. Won't be buying it again!
I feel the same way! I used to buy MAC lipstick all the time, but lately they've been horrible.

ETA: My husband LOVES the way L'Oreal lipsticks smell. I put a matching L'Oreal color over my Chanel lipstick to get the right effect. Just thought I'd share that, as well. In case you have someone who may be smelling your made up lips. :naughty:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I echo the sentiment that Chanel lipsticks are fab, and the Glossimers have industrial strength staying power.

I just bought Revlon's Butter lipstick....very much like Chanel's Coco Rouge but a LOT cheaper. My current fave color is "Berry Smoothie"--it's a moist berry pink that looks great with my coloring.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the most vibrant colors, I like Dior, Lancome and Nars. I stopped buying Chanel because it gets rancid if you don't use it up in a hurry.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love Russian Red by MAC. You have to layer it with their bright red lip liner, but that is my all-time favourite combination. But I love a bold red lip when I'm feeling fancy.

I like Hot Tahiti and Ladybug (both by MAC) for a more every day red lip.

I'm still looking for a good coral-y colour for every day. Lately I just use CO Bigelow lip gloss. Though I might have to try this Cover Girl stuff y'all are talking about. I've got vacation coming up (tomorrow!) and somebody I plan to spend a good amount of time kissing, so maybe something that looks good and doesn't go anywhere might be a good investment...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1331099679|3142626 said:
I can't remember the name of my favorite from that one but it's a nude color, and is the only nude lipstick that has ever worked for me, which is ironic because it's Covergirl's "Makeup for dark skin colors" collection and I am the whitest white that ever whited.

Bahahahahaha, I soooooo hear you on being the whitest white that ever whited. Oh my goodness. I have embraced my pale skin, but it does make things difficult sometimes.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was seduced by the siren song of Chanel last week. I ended up purchasing 2 (!!!) but I am regretting one of them. I am just not loving the feel of the Rouge coco 02 Perle- I do NOT feel it is lasting very long on my lips at all. The Rouge coco Shine 66 Bel-Ami, however, does last. I think I may just go back and swap out the 1 for a 2nd in the other category.

Otherwise, a tube of $2 lypsil or Burts Bees lip balm, keeps me happy!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1331140320|3142957 said:

Oooh, that sounds lovely. I'm going to give that a try, thanks Maisie.

I only ever have Chanel lipstick, because my mother gives me one every year for my birthday, along with matching nail varnish. Now, there's two things I don't often wear, lipstick and nail varnish. Bless. Still, from the very occasional time when I want to look fancy, I can confirm that Chanel lipsticks really are lovely. They taste nice (90% of my requirement from a lipstick) and they stay on, more or less.

Its really worth a try Jen and the nicest part is the minty smell that comes from it :))

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm going to get some at lunchtime tomorrow. I've been working mostly from home lately, and while it's great from a getting stuff done point of view, it does mean that sometimes I get to Thursday and wonder if I brushed my hair yet this week. So, I'm going to the office tomorrow so I can have a proper lunch break, shopping trip included. :bigsmile:

Oh, and if you're a red head, only (and I mean only) Chanel make a red lipstick you can wear without looking comical. Rouge frere is very good for people with pale blue skin. Surprisingly, rouge noir works, too. I have tried roughly all of the other reds out there, to no good effect. ;))

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I like MAC lustre formula. It's really smooth, kind of sheer and moisturizing. I the feel of it--its not drying and its not heavy and sticky. I am really picky about the fragrance of lipstick and I don't mind the flavor/fragrance of MAC. It's pretty light and slightly vanilla-y. I hate lipsticks that have a strong floral taste. It makes me feel like I'm eating perfume.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I like MAC lustre formula. It's really smooth, kind of sheer and moisturizing. I the feel of it--its not drying and its not heavy and sticky. I am really picky about the fragrance of lipstick and I don't mind the flavor/fragrance of MAC. It's pretty light and slightly vanilla-y. I hate lipsticks that have a strong floral taste. It makes me feel like I'm eating perfume.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
best lipstick color would depend on the person's skin color ,what's suitable for fair skin is not good for others .I have medium color sallow asian skin ,for night time I love Clinique's( pink glamour) (a shade between pink & brown ) and for day time I like Clinique's (rose aglow ) which is a light brownish shade similar to my natural lip color .unfortunately clinique change their color collection yearly so I buy the discontinued colors from ebay (new of course ) .

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I always keep going back to Bobbi Brown lipsticks, though typically I get her nude/neutral palettes with the lipstick inside. It lasts as long as you can expect, isn't drying, and isn't frosty or glittery, which is a look I dislike.
I am more of a gloss fan most days, it's a dry climate here so lips can look easily parched with just lipstick.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im a NARS convert :wavey: i got my first one a couple of months ago and as soon as im back in the city ill be buying more! Great taste, mild or no fragrance, and great, saturated colour that doesnt look to dry (i live in a dry climate too!). Worth the extra money from the MAC lipsticks that i used to buy.

I havent used Chanel in a long time (stopped when i realised they test on bunnies) but i recall them being good quality.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without any doubt or hesitation... http://www.maybelline.com/products/51/lips/lip-color/superstay-24-color/all-day-cherry/015?shadeId=277 Maybelline SuperStay 24 hour lip color

I *loved lipstick, had dozens of tubes. A year ago my mother in law turned me on to Revlon Color Stay lipstick and I fell in *love with the concept of putting lipstick on once every day or two. I now prefer the Maybelline brand. I love it love it love it. I absolutely adore it.

....... but last friday night I was out with a bunch of friends and one of my girlfriends wanted to try it and she was way too drunk and she looked "okay" lol She started putting it on like lip gloss and I'm like nooooo!!!

But put it on and look great for 2 days? yay! The maybelline wears more evenly and is lighter. the revlon lasts closer to 2 days but it's thicker on and when it wears it can be a bit splotchy. Nothing a touch up won't fix.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1331147639|3143118 said:
MC|1331140789|3142965 said:

I feel the same way! I used to buy MAC lipstick all the time, but lately they've been horrible.

ETA: My husband LOVES the way L'Oreal lipsticks smell. I put a matching L'Oreal color over my Chanel lipstick to get the right effect. Just thought I'd share that, as well. In case you have someone who may be smelling your made up lips. :naughty:

Oh, no...I had thought I got a dud batch...guess I'll move on to other bands. The gal at the counter suggested a primer and I'm just thinking, you gotta be kidding me. Spend $15 more so I can get one of their products to last more than 10-15 minutes? I can understand for eye shadow but that's because it still lasts for hours w/out a primer.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw|1331177627|3143677 said:
Im a NARS convert :wavey: i got my first one a couple of months ago and as soon as im back in the city ill be buying more! Great taste, mild or no fragrance, and great, saturated colour that doesnt look to dry (i live in a dry climate too!). Worth the extra money from the MAC lipsticks that i used to buy.

I havent used Chanel in a long time (stopped when i realised they test on bunnies) but i recall them being good quality.

Huh, I thought Chanel doesn't test, but alas, they're not on PETA's list. FWIW, Estee Lauder, which owns MAC, Bobby Brown, Clinique, etc., was on the PETA non-testing list but has been removed after it was discovered they're testing on animals in labs in china or something like that. They're being sued along with Mary Kay and Avon for false claims of being "cruelty-free." Now I have to find new eye cream b/c I was using Clinique...

stardust97

Rough_Rock

I second this suggestion...I like some color on my lips, but I am terrible at applying lipstick and I hate it when it comes off unevenly or sticks all over glasses etc. Dior Lip Glow is amazing! It just enhances my own lip color and looks totally natural. You do have to apply it more often bc it is like a balm, but you can put it on without even looking. I use Dior Lip Maxizer over top for added shine and fullness (it's a plumper). I don't think it works quite as well as City Lips at plumping, but it's definitely more moisturizing. All the Dior lip products are fairly pricy, but worth every penny for me as I use them everyday.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Took back my Rouge Coco and traded it in for a Rouge Coco Shine in Aventure - pink that looks fresh, not a 'barbie doll candy pink', just a "nice" pink lipstick colour. I found the RC was too drying on my lips and def did not last long.

Chanel tests on animals??? man - wish i didn't know this now. :blackeye:

Silvia

Rough_Rock
I love the Chanel too. Have been using it for years 'Lover', which is bright red. I tried Napolean, and a couple of other brands, but they wear off in the middle, so you have this weird horrid looking ring outside your lips which is coloured and the inside which has worn off...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results