shape
carat
color
clarity

Apple Iphone, are you getting one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI and I broke down... we''re off to buy iPhones today!
31.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2007 11:23:02 AM
Author: sumbride
Not only is the phone itself ridiculously expensive, the plans are very pricey. Whatever happened to a phone just being a phone? I am about at the time to get a new phone and I dread it because last time I had to wade through all the options and trying to find a phone that DIDN''T have a camera was so hard! I don''t want a camera phone. I don''t want an iphone. I don''t want email on it. I just want a phone-phone.
ROFLMAO....... still laughing...... i''m a fairly young''un and a mac devotee but i HEAR YA!!!!! power to the phone-phones!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 2:53:02 PM
Author: musey
FI and I broke down... we''re off to buy iPhones today!
31.gif

I must admit, they are really, really cool. Hubby is loving his, the pinch screen thing is fun too. Let us know what you think of yours when you get them up and running.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I spent ALL day loading my contacts onto the computer so they''d just sync with the iPhone (since there''s no way to transfer contacts between phones--boo--but at least it was a good excuse for me to get everyone on my computer like I needed to anyway).

We''re love lovin'' them... I probably wouldn''t love it as much if I''d been the one plopping down all the cash
3.gif
(FI helped me pay for mine) but it''s very, very fun. On the major upside I spent about an hour on the phone w/ my mom who said the call quality was WAY superior to my old phone, and the unit also didn''t get as hot as my old phone (used to make my face get sweaty, ew
14.gif
).

FI''s is not activated since he is waiting for his old plan to expire in September to avoid cancellation fees, but that hasn''t stopped him from playing with all the other features
9.gif
we''re both having lots of fun playing!! (Good thing we did this on a saturday!!
2.gif
)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 10:32:50 AM
Author: Mara
not really interested, i just got a new cell a month or so ago from sprint and i love it so far. and quite honestly, i may be old fashioned but i really don''t want to use my phone to surf the web. i have a computer at home, one at work, and i kind of like that there is a small part of time when i am unreachable by email and unable to see the internet etc. it might be kind of nice to be able to look up something or whatever while out but really the chances of me needing that (as in ACTUALLY needing it, not just wanting it) are slim.

who knows maybe in another year or two when i''m ready for my next cell i''ll be interested, but for now nah..

also to those interested in one, i recently saw something online about it being like $600 a year when all i said and done or something like that? it was a headline and i didn''t read the article but i remember seeing it. so to whoever is buying one, be sure you know all the costs associated and all that.
I''m with Mara on this one. Besides, we have Verizon (I used work for AT&T Wireless, then Cingular, now AT&T again...sigh...and couldn''t wait to get my own plan on Verizon when I left) and its FREE....(dh work perk...) After being chained to a Blackberry for years, I am so grateful not to have my electronic leash anymore. When I''m out---I rarely answer my cell phone, dang thing is on vibrate most often.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I am in the market for a new phone. I wanted to get either the Treo or the Blackberry Curve, but I still haven''t decided which to go with. I have Cingular service and am pretty happy with it and since I get a 20% discount off my monthly bill, plus 40% off on new phones and accessories, I plan to stay with them.
So, with a new phone in mind, I decided to go play with it on Thursday at the Apple store and I must say, I thought the screen was impressive, so crisp and clear, but I still wasn''t too crazy about it.

I think my biggest gripe was that the touch screen can only be touched with a fingertip, not nail or stylus. So when I was using the keyboard, I kept touching the wrong letters all the time and since you can''t feel the letters b/c they aren''t raised like on a Treo or something, you really don''t know what you are touching until it''s already been entered.

I tired entering a webpage and I kept having to delete it because all the wrong letters were being entered.

I do have long nails now so it just would not work for me.

Also, the price. You can only get it for $500 or $600 and even if you sign up with a new contract, the price is still the same. And it only comes with a one year warranty that doesn''t cover if the phone falls or gets water damage. Plus, you can'' t buy additional insurance from Cingular for it.

It is a pretty phone though and again the screen is so impressive, especially the pinch screen. That part is so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results