shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have these towels from PB?

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
I don't have those but my experience with some of their others is that you are paying for the PB name. I would recommend towels from Garnet Hill or Lands End, they have great colors, are very absorbent and you can return them or exchange them at any time for any reason which would be a great way to find out if they meet your expectations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your response. I was intrigued by these towels because of their 820 gram weight and the fact that they are Turkish cotton. At $24 for a bath towel, I didn't find them that unreasonable in price. I did somehow expect them to be softer but perhaps I'm looking at this all wrong. Some of the softest towels we've had were not that absorbent so I guess the devil is in the details. I've had some of the Hotel Collection towels and while they were nice initially, they seem to have quickly lost their luster.

I'm off to take a look at your recommendations - thanks again for your response!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
For absorbency, I have the turkish towels for Hammacher Schlemmer. They dry my medium length hair in about 20 minutes. They wick out water like you wouldn't believe. I also have the robe, and it weighs a TON! It's actually hard for me to wear, but it is super warm in the winter.

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=64281

Hammacher has a great return policy, full refund for a year, after that, it's for store credit only. Keep the receipt, it's good for your whole life.

For soft, I have some Costco towels, by Charisma "Luxury" brand. They get softer every time I wash them. They are average absorbency but lovely in a softer, fluffy way.

If you find a towel that is absorbent AND soft, please let me know! :rolleyes:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ilander - I'm beginning to believe that soft AND absorbent don't exist in one towel! For the weight of these towels, do they dry quickly after use? I was googling the other day for an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner (mine bit the dust!) and this company and theirs came up as being the BEST in these cleaners. Interesting that you recommend their towels too!

Thanks for the link - I'll let you know if I find the PERFECT towel - ha!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just as a follow up - I did get these towels. I must say that I absolutely love them! They are thick and luxurious but dry after a shower surprising quickly. The color is Truffle and it was perfect. I couldn't find another towel in this exact color but I am so glad that I got them. I've followed the advice of never using fabric softener or dryer sheets with them and they launder really well. I've often had new towels that shed fibers for a bit - didn't happen at all with these.

Just thought the update might be helpful to anyone else thinking of new towels. . .

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, this is helpful. I notice, as I watch my towels shredding, that its time for new ones here (you know those subtle indications, like holes in your towels :bigsmile: ). Did you also look at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond and Costco? I'm always curious to know whether any of these stack up. We, like you, care about the color, the thickness and ability to soak up water. I just think that you'd end up paying a premium for PB, but maybe they're worth it because they're better than the others?

Would love your thoughts.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that they probably do carry a name premium - I think any of the speciality places are like this. I did look at Macy's - particularly at their Hotel Collection. I had some of those towels before and didn't like them in the long run - they just got hard after being washed many times. I also had some of the microfiber towels and while they were soft, I didn't like the feel of them for drying off. I did see some towels on Restoration Hardware's website that were similar but could actually see and feel these at PB.

Some people just simply don't like thick towels. These do take longer to dry in the dryer when totally wet but between showers they seem to dry just fine. I just like the thickness of these and how soft they feel. Color was an important thing in these to me too so while I found several that were close, this color just worked perfectly for me.

No, I didn't really look at any of the less expensive stores. Don't know that you'd find this particular quality there but I do certainly think that you'd find towels that would please most anyone at better prices. This is just one of those simple luxuries for me that I was willing to pay for - and price was not my main consideration. We don't need nearly as many towels now that the kids are grown and gone so I'm willing to splurge!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR: Thanks so much and please don't think I was judging you in any way! When you find something that is just right and you really want it, that's what money is for! Hey, towels are towels and if you found the perfect ones that look, feel and dry you just the way you like, it would be a sin not to get them! We have some super high end turkish towels we got at one of those year end blowout warehouse sales and I wish I had my old towels from (don't even remember where) now. The turkish ones are good, but heavy and it seems that they are not as absorbent as I want. I don't know if that's it, but somehow, they're just off. I've been hunting around and would gladly pay a slight premium for a towel that was pretty, thick but not too thick, dried quickly enough, and comfortable...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was not always a fan of thick towels either - I think it must be an acquired taste - ha!

Maybe during your holiday shopping you can get around to look and feel different towels. It really does seem to be such a personal thing, doesn't it? Especially if you are paying top price for them - you want them to be exactly what you want. Believe you me I would have loved for these to have been the special of the day somewhere but then again, it's just the two of us now so we need so many fewer towels.

Good luck - would love to know what you settle on. I'm always open to new ideas!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/pb-classic-820-gram-weight-bath-towels/?pkey=csolid-bath-towels

In the store, these didn't feel as soft as I would have imagined. Just wondering if anyone has them? If so, are they ultra absorbent?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
tuffyluvr said:
MissGotRocks said:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/pb-classic-820-gram-weight-bath-towels/?pkey=csolid-bath-towels

In the store, these didn't feel as soft as I would have imagined. Just wondering if anyone has them? If so, are they ultra absorbent?

Oopsie! Pocket post! What I was trying to say was that I just bought a new set of towels at Home Goods. They're nice, thick Ralph Lauren charcoal gray with a matching bathmat. I was looking at some lovely waffle-weave spa towels in the same color, but when I saw the RLs at Home Goods in the color I wanted, I couldn't pass up the bargain. It was about $125 for 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 washcloths and a bathmat. It would have been over $300 for the spa towels. Just an FYI if you decide you aren't in love with the PB towels and decide to go another route.

I am obsessed with Home Goods recently. They have lots of nice brand name stuff at great prices. I was eyeing all the Le Cruset stuff when I was there buying my towels ;-) Gorgeous stuff, but still expensive, even on sale!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Oh--and FWIW, I love the Restoration Hardware towels. They're soft, but not in a really "plushy" way... If that makes sense? They're nice and thick and heavy! Like, really heavy! I love the feel of a substantial, thick, heavy bath towel. It just feels so luxurious. Makes me feel like I'm staying at the Peninsula hotel ;P Ok, I am officially a crazy person. But I think that Heaven must be a lot like staying at the Peninsula ;-)

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
MGR, thank you for the follow up! I have been putting off buying new towels because I didn't know what brand to purchase. Your research and experience is very helpful. I am planning on purchasing the Truffle also since I do not like my current white towels.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1353622690|3313031 said:
Oh--and FWIW, I love the Restoration Hardware towels. They're soft, but not in a really "plushy" way... If that makes sense? They're nice and thick and heavy! Like, really heavy! I love the feel of a substantial, thick, heavy bath towel. It just feels so luxurious. Makes me feel like I'm staying at the Peninsula hotel ;P Ok, I am officially a crazy person. But I think that Heaven must be a lot like staying at the Peninsula ;-)

Ha - I so hope you are right! When I first felt these towels at Pottery Barn I thought they didn't seem real soft. I guess it's just what you are describing with the Restoration towels - they are not that plushy kind of soft either but on the skin they feel wonderful.

Home Goods is a great store - lots of good buys there! Hope you enjoy your new RL towels! Sounds like you got a fabulous deal!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1353623170|3313034 said:
MGR, thank you for the follow up! I have been putting off buying new towels because I didn't know what brand to purchase. Your research and experience is very helpful. I am planning on purchasing the Truffle also since I do not like my current white towels.

I love the Truffle color - a good neutral but it has some depth to it. Let me know what you think of them!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks said:

Ha - I so hope you are right! When I first felt these towels at Pottery Barn I thought they didn't seem real soft. I guess it's just what you are describing with the Restoration towels - they are not that plushy kind of soft either but on the skin they feel wonderful.

Home Goods is a great store - lots of good buys there! Hope you enjoy your new RL towels! Sounds like you got a fabulous deal!

Yes--and they actually become "broken in" --like jeans--with more washes. One of my close friends has had the RH towels for at 3-4 years and I love showering at her house because I love her towels. They have held up really well too. Definitely top quality and worth the $$$. You will get at least 5 years out of them.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1353631882|3313095 said:

I love the Truffle color - a good neutral but it has some depth to it. Let me know what you think of them!

MGR, I asked my husband to buy me these towels for Christmas. I love them! Thank you for the tip! :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ClassyRocks|1357995082|3353730 said:
MissGotRocks|1353631882|3313095 said:

MGR, I asked my husband to buy me these towels for Christmas. I love them! Thank you for the tip! :wavey:

I'm so glad you love them too! Such a luxurious way to start your day out of the shower! I still love mine too!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES! They are the best towels ever. My husband went through a period of intense towel purchasing and returning, and he finally found the RH towels and we have had ours for at least three years now. They're wonderful. Then again, I love everything from RH.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results