shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone ever been to Dubai?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Have Fun!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez, I''ve noticed you''re back....do we get to hear about your trip?
1.gif
Only if you feel like sharing, of course, don''t mean to put you on the spot....Hope you had an amazing time, I''m so jealous!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I should be sleeping, but I am not. Exhausted, but waiting up for Rand coming home from a business trip. Is it normal to be a bit excited about all the things I can do when he goes away, and then be bored when i find myself eating takeout in front of the TV, missing him, while it''s raining outside? Miss him...

So, the trip was great! Short, albiet, but great! The shopping was literally OTL (Over the Limit)...

AMAZING shopping, no tax, super cheap designer stuff, bought too much, then bought more when I got back. I was BAD. But I have enough now to keep me contented until their next sale season... Mwahahaha...

Sorry I didn''t bring back any free gold for you guys, my bad! Jewelry there was beautiful, BUT I got just a few tiny items, and a nice ring, as far as jewelry goes from there. Pictures to be posted in the future when I have free time. Sorry...

Other items I went nuts over there was Chanel. LOVE Chanel. Got my perfume refill (as I have worn Coco for over 7 years, and nothing else), got the travel size, which I NEVER saw here in the states, and was always wondering WHY they didn''t have available sooner... Got a total makeover and a large cosmetics bags of summer and winter colors from them as well. The works. *YAY!* Also bought a pair of their new collection sunglasses... SO HOT. MUCH cheaper than NY! I know the sunglass style is LARGE and dramtic, but why on earth was I born with such a small face?!! I looked like a bug in every pair, and have always worn the italian designers for glasses becasue my face was small. I have even purchased children''s glasses....

*embarassed silence*

BUT THEN, I was with my SIL and MIL and tried on the first pair I saw and WANTED, but figured I couldn''t because they would be too big, and Lo and Behold... I LOVED LOVED LOVED them on me, and we bought them...
36.gif

Was a very bad shopping addict and bought another pair of sunglasses by Gucci (and normally don''t like Gucci, but why not!?) because they were sturdier (the Chanel are VERY delicate, so much so that they are at Chanel in NY being repaired as we speak...Ooopsie!
7.gif
) And those are my everyday sunglasses for the summer, and the Chanel are my "mall glasses" as the salesman called them. The sunglasses you wear that don''t really protect your eyes, just sort of make you look cute and cool, usually in the mall (where you don''t need sunglasses)...

I went nuts on the handicrafts there for souvenirs, since they have some of the most amazing Arabic copper and metal plates with such intricate and amazingly awesome designs! I wish I brought one back for ME!!!
39.gif
Food there was amazing! Anything you want, it''s there, even if "anything" is KFC.
Their dates and dried fruits and nuts are the best anywhere... I was gorging on the almond stuffed, honey drenched dates, the peanuts praline, dried apricots and mango cubes, and SUNFLOWER SEEDS!! SO much better than the US. They are HUGE and meaty and please, someone stop me...

(Can anyone tell I am addicted to them?!)

Hello. My name is Nicrez and I am a seed addict.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Nicrez!! You bad girl!!!
11.gif
31.gif

Just kidding, I am SO jealous right now! I want to go to Dubai!! all that talk of shopping is making me weak in the knees, and the designer gear.......

Sorry, I passed out for a second!
9.gif
I feel your pain about the sunglasses! I have a really small face myself and those big glasses that are so in right now look ridiculous on me! I''m glad you found a pair that works, that gives me hope!
1.gif

So where are the pics?! I know, I know, your tired! I can''t wait to see the scenery and the jewelry you got! I keep picturing that it would look like Kuwait City, although I hear it''s much nicer in Dubai. And I thought Kuwait City was nice.....Yippee, now I''m really excited to see your pics!!

Hope you get some sleep! Enjoy your takeout
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I know I am very chatty today, but I guess I really DID miss my DF... (I know I know...
20.gif
*vomit*)

I''m so evil, I even convinced my SIL that a pair of Dior sunglasses where just to perfect to leave behind... She has the perfect size head, so of course EVERY pair looked perfect on her and her perfectly tan head... remind me to hate her... So, my DF played the nice big brother and got them for her... I love him for being such a sweetie, even when it''s not towards me. He''s so protective of her, he''s like Dad Jr.

I also got some clothes there, but more stuff on the traditional Indian side, and a few more comfy skirts... Believe that I went to Nine West and bought shoes there... They had the cutest black suede round toe T-Strap wedge heels (for work)... Got some leather sandals as well.

Besides all the fun stuff I got, the malls there are AMAZING!! There is one mall called Ibn Battuta that was HUGE and filled with so many stores. It''s most notable feature was the coutrs (4-5 I think) that where all designed for a different region, like China Court, Persia Court, India Court, etc.... AMAZING!!!!!! Check out the site, I just found it, so I hope it has pictures, because my camera died the first day. All I got pictures of really was the Brunch was had a Burg Al Arab, SUPER AMAZING. and some candids, etc...

Another mall that was amazing was the Tower Mall, which had all my favorites... Bulgari, Georgio Armani, Cartier, Miu Miu, Emporio, etc...And my most favorite one... Jimmy Choo... I almost bust something I was so excited! I visited every place I wanted to go, and the DF and my FIL carrying the bags for me and my MIL and SIL... What a great time!

Seeing the city meant seeing it from a car with AC because as soon as you step outside, you start sweating, I don''t care what you are wearing. At least in Late June. BUT every place has AC so it''s totally bearable, until you get in your car...
32.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, try driving a military truck with NO AC around in that heat
39.gif
I felt like I was living in an oven!

I am so happy you had a great time! and omg, JIMMY CHOO was at that mall?! I would''ve passed out. when I was at some mall in Dublin last month I saw a section with Jimmy Choo''s and Manolo''s. I actually shook as I picked them up and turned the dainty little shoes in my hands. Then I almost vomitted when I saw the prices ( Ha! what did I think suddenly they were cheap or something?!) and realized I will never afford them
14.gif
Ho hum....

I will check out the site for that mall! Sounds fantastic!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Irish, take out sucked. Makes me wish I had the will to cook... Ah the joys of being lazy!

Honestly, I didn''t get ENOUGH pictures, and like I said in the last post, most of my viewing was from a moving AC-filled car! Some blurry shots...

BEST BEST purchase from the trip... my Jimmy Choos! I had been bad and bought a pair for my wedding shoes, thinking, "hey how often does a girl get married and wear such an expensive dress, that it would just be a sad shame if I wore a pair of cheap shoes..." Nice rationalization, huh? Yeah, DF didn''t like my theory when he saw our Amex bill...
11.gif
31.gif

So, my lucky pair #2 were a total boon! We walked in, and poor DF watched as i began the prowl...Picking up shoes, sniffing them like a wild animal...The hunt had begun. The sales lady came out of the brushes and let out a wild shopping call that send daggers of fear into my man''s heart... "Sale!"

Well, when i heard that the shoes were on sale, I figured it was kismet. I attacked the lady for a size 6.5 or 7, and of course of course... ALMOST ALL WHERE GONE... I was wounded and bleeding bad. My DF started to perk up a bit. His tail started to wag again, UNTIL I grabbed the one shoe I wanted but somehow missed in my first hunting round. She said, "yeah, we have that!" I pounced! So, sad to say that was the only pair in my size that I liked... but the poor boy looked defeated, so to cheer him (and his wallet up), I took us out for some ice cream...

Honestly, I could cry at that point I was so happy. Car full of bags, new duds, new glasses, new shoes, new places to shop...
11.gif

And the best part of the trip was the ride to and from... Emirates Air was AWESOME! I LOVED how the seats had private DVD/TVs that let you watch over 100 movies at the touch of a button, games, E-mail, News, TV, etc from a satellite station or something, and you can even call another seat with your personal telephone... LOVED that.

"Hello 12B, this is the lady in 10B. Yes, your seat is too far back and is obstructing my view of the nice lady''s diamond rings in 13B, please move it back, thanks!"

LOVED IT! So, I would totally go back there! The culture part of the trip is another post entirely and ...I ...am.....spent!
14.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
No Tax in Dubai, cheaper prices, more sales. All I have to say is Armani suits were on sales for 50% off. Basically we''re talking about picking one up for about $300 converted to US Dollars... Of course some where still about $5K converted after the sale...

Jimmy Choos went 50% off that MONDAY, and I left on the Saturday... HOW EVIL!
29.gif

Must greet the boy, he''s close to home... Have a great night and will post more and some pics too...

Irish, I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!! AJP!!! CONGRATS!!!

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!!! Now I''m working on getting that G.G. next to my name as well!!
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez: welcome back and im really glad u enjoyed it there! it is an amazing place to shop...and the stores just call for u...u can''t help it..its like u walk in a trance and walk from one store to the next...where does all the energy come from? he he..

but i hope that everything u were concerned about before u left weren''t an issue?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez,

Sounds like an incredible trip! Well, minus some of the heat. That mall you posted....well, I went to the link and looked through what it had....I picture going there to be like dying and going to heaven. One day I will go there!

I can empathize with your sunglasses frustration. The last 2 times I was in Paris I felt compelled to come home with Chanel sunglasses...each time, I''d be ready for the purchase and I''d go and try on every single pair and they''d look horrible on me! I guess its not worth it since my pairs last around 1 month each anyway.

In Dubai do they have their sales scheduled sort of like Europe with the January sales and then the July sales? Good to know for a future trip
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results