shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody Else Have Amazon Echo?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Had to get one for DH's birthday since he HAS to have things that plug in.

It's voice recognition is much better than Siri, and we mostly use it for music. It's name is Alexa, and it's hooked to hundreds of free Amazon prime music playlists. Just say "Alexa, play music," and after a while it knows what songs you like. Ahhh, the joys of data-mining. :rolleyes:

We also use it to buy stuff from Amazon instantly. A little too easily, actually. :shock: Two cases of dog food appeared at our door on Monday, after we told it to buy dog food. It went through our history and sent the same dog food after we confirmed.

We also have a few of the light switches that DH used to have hooked to his iPhone, now we just talk to turn them on or off. Because it's soooo difficult to walk the few feet to hit the switch. :)

It does have a cool Star Trekky quality to it. Oddly, I really like it. Plus it's the only "person" that actually LISTENS to me. :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so cool, impressive and scary all rolled into one! I am so behind the times... :errrr:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Minous.

Well don't come to my house then; we can scan you in 3D, put your head on any body you like, and print you out in 3D. :bigsmile:

Plus we'll know you're coming due to about 3,000 cameras and alert systems. When UPS comes to the door, it's so noisy I can barely think. :sun:

But don't worry, none of that is normal. It's because DH is a techno-nerd. He's into tech forums the way I am into PS. I suspect it makes him sad that I have zero interest in this stuff. But we've worked it out: sometimes we each take about 15 minutes to talk about what bores the other, and the other has to be genuinely interested during that time. I use my turn to talk about colored stones. :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool to hear and learn about the Echo! I was just reading about it yesterday on Amazon.

I'd be game but my husband would say we don't need it! My guess is that in a few years everyone will have a device of this type in their home much like their cell phones. What we think we don't need now will be the thing we won't be able to live without in a few years - lol!

Must say I like the idea of being able to 'talk' to something to have my lights turned on and off and such. Funny about the dogfood order - I've bought so much from Amazon that I would really have to stop and think before I verbally commanded an order!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Rather than starting a new thread, I found this one, so I'm bumping it because I'm considering purchasing an Echo for my DH.
ILander - would you still recommend it? Does anyone else have one? Any thoughts about the product would be appreciated! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results