shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Shower Q: How Many Towels Do You Use?

How many towels do you use after a shower?

Votes: 38 52.8%

Votes: 30 41.7%

Votes: 3 4.2%

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 5+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm curious how many towels you need to dry off after you take a shower. SO has always thought I was nuts, using so many towels and stealing "his" towels when we stay at a hotel. I use a minimum of 3, sometimes 4. I need a large towel for my hair, which I wrap first after wringing it inside the shower. After my hair is up in a towel turban, I use another towel to dry off my body. This towel is now damp, so I don't want to use it anymore, and I'll hang it up and grab a 3rd towel to drape across my back like a cape. The occasional 4th towel is what I use to sit on while I am getting ready or drying my hair before I am dressed.

It baffles me that the hotels think 1 large towel and 1 small towel is enough for a woman.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
1-2.
I dry off and then use that towel to tie up my hair, then use towel #2 to wrap around my body. If I'm at home I usually just use one- I dry off and wrap up my hair and then walk around the bathroom naked.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use 1 towel, and I use it for 3-4 days in a row because I hang it up to dry when I'm finished using it. I dry my body off, then I wrap it around my head to soak up excess water from my hair.

I'm very environmentally conscious, and I hate wasting water by doing more laundry than necessary, not to mention that our water bill has increased by 50% (city upped the charge, we are not using more--actually less!).

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Only one at home, for sure. I, like amc, towel off and then wrap up my hair (which is super short, so it's not holding a ton of water) and then pretty much immediately get dressed or throw on my robe.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a towel mat to step on when i get out of the bath tub, because i don't want my other fancy mats to get wet. Then i wear a towel robe, in order to dry my body and i use another big towel to dry my hair.
When i was growing up, i remember my mom hanging in the bathroom a set of face towels, one for each member of the family, a set of towels for the hands and another set of bath towels!!!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I voted 2 but actually it can be 1 sometimes. On days when I do my hair, I use one for body and one for hair. Other days, just one for body.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually only one. I dry myself off most of the way and then use it to wrap my hair up. I'd been using two, but I hate having the extra laundry to wash.

If I'm in the mood for a relaxing soak in the bath and the wonderful feel of pampering I'll grab a 2nd towel to wrap my hair with.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only 1; after I dry myself, I wrap it around my hair.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I use 2. I have long hair and after wringing my hair out, throw it up in the first towel. Then I dry with the second, and then wrap myself in it to go to the bedroom to get dressed. If I don't put my hair up in a towel first, there's really no point to drying my body, as I'll just be re-doing it in a few seconds.

D

Deactivated member 42515

The only thing I can think of with these shower threads is everybody being naked and wet. :naughty:

Ooh! Let's post pics! :)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Three - one to dry off with, one to wrap my hair in (very long) and one over the bath mat to step on to get out of the shower. With 4 people in the household, and my mother in law half the week, we go through a lot of towels per day. Thankfully, I am well stocked up on towels, so I only have to do a load of them evey other day.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have hair-specific towels, that are smaller wrap-style towels of a specific material designed to pull moisture out so it dries faster. I pack at least one when we travel. I use one body towel at home and one hair towel.

When we travel I usually use two hotel towels and my hair towel though.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a towel for my hair and wear a terrycloth robe.

ruby59|1387572757|3578290 said:
Thankfully, I am well stocked up on towels, so I only have to do a load of them evey other day.

You have to wash them after each use??? We use the same towels all week and hang them to dry.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YT|1387572657|3578287 said:
The only thing I can think of with these shower threads is everybody being naked and wet. :naughty:

Ooh! Let's post pics! :)

DF, what are doing in YT account?! :naughty:

I use one towel as well. Dry off, wrap around hair, get dressed.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use one big towel. I rough dry my hair then use it to dry my body. I only use the towel once then I wash it. I'm probably responsible for the hole in the ozone layer :bigsmile:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 towels. 1 to wrap the hair, the other to dry off. I can't stand wet hair leaking onto my clothes. I have a lot of trouble if I'm only given 1 towel and I never quite know what to do with my hair so that it doesn't drip.
My DH has long hair, longer than mine I think, and manages to use one 1 towel. He can easily use a small hand towel and manage to get completely dry. It's amazing to me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2. One for hair, one for body.

I also use a bath towel for my hair. But a bath sheet for my body.

April20

Ideal_Rock
1. I dry off, put on my robe and then use the same towel for my hair.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I find it intriguing most of you dry your bodies before wrapping your hair with the same towel. I can't do that... I dry my body, and my hair gets it wet again. :angryfire: I need it out of my way before I even try to dry my body first!!!

YT, you would haha!!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't read all the replies yet, but wanted to chime in.

I use one HUGE beach towel to dry off (love the huge bath sheets!) and then one of those awesome hair towels that is just for your hair. I :love: love :love: the two I have! They are the best things EVER! I dry off and wrap myself in my huge towel, then flip over and put my hair turban on. I get dressed and leave my hair up for like 30 min to an hr (depending on the day and what I'm doing) and then do my hair. :D
I HATE the towels at hotels! They are never large enough, and the smaller ones are too heavy to do the turban wrap for my hair! Ugh!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Just one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1387595346|3578495 said:
Wow, I find it intriguing most of you dry your bodies before wrapping your hair with the same towel. I can't do that... I dry my body, and my hair gets it wet again. :angryfire: I need it out of my way before I even try to dry my body first!!!

Me too. I have to wring and wrap the hair first.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1387598429|3578522 said:
I haven't read all the replies yet, but wanted to chime in.

I use one HUGE beach towel to dry off (love the huge bath sheets!) and then one of those awesome hair towels that is just for your hair. I :love: love :love: the two I have! They are the best things EVER! I dry off and wrap myself in my huge towel, then flip over and put my hair turban on. I get dressed and leave my hair up for like 30 min to an hr (depending on the day and what I'm doing) and then do my hair. :D
I HATE the towels at hotels! They are never large enough, and the smaller ones are too heavy to do the turban wrap for my hair! Ugh!

LOL! I USE BEACH TOWELS, TOO!!! And of course, the biggest ones that aren't too thick so you can't twist it properly are actual, real beach towels so I have these ugly ones with Hawaii logos on them. :lol: Oh well. Nothing matches for me in my life

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This! How does it work? I'm baffled.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Rhea|1387622503|3578625 said:

This! How does it work? I'm baffled.

I find it pretty simple to use one towel with extremely long hair. Bend head down to twist water from hair. Twist hair around into high bun and stick in a hairstick. Dry body with towel. Bend head down remove hairstick and wrap hair in towel.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
In response to Distracts:

Yes, I wash my family's towels after every use. With 4 people in my home and one part of the week, it is just as easy to do a load then having them drying all over the house. Plus with all the different soaps and body washes we all use, there would be a scent on the towels. And to be honest, I never even thought to have towels used more than once before washing them.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just one - dry my body then wrap my hair. We are on septic and well, so while water is not technically "paid for" it is still something we are cautious of using in excess, so we use towels for the week, then wash. And we do laundry on the w/e's or after 7pm when the electricity charges are far less.

In a hotel - I still do the same (1 after a shower) but I use a hand towel for hand washing and a face cloth. I'm "wild and crazy" in a hotel, using 3 towels ...insanity! haha! :loopy: :tongue:

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1387577887|3578331 said:
I use a towel for my hair and wear a terrycloth robe.

ruby59|1387572757|3578290 said:
Thankfully, I am well stocked up on towels, so I only have to do a load of them evey other day.

You have to wash them after each use??? We use the same towels all week and hang them to dry.

It is best to wash every day but the dr says no more than every other day. Re-using a towel too many times is a good way to get skin infections (btdt, had to take the mega anti-biotics :knockout: ). Even if you're careful to grab your own towel each day it can cause problems.

Madelise -- hair getting me wet again is a challenge but I stick the towel over my back (under my hair) to do a last dry before wrapping my hair. Our towels are large-ish so I can only fit 5 or so in a load of laundry (plus hand towels and washcloths). Using a 2nd towel was adding a whole load of laundry extra per week and then "A" started doing it too so that brought it up to an extra 2 loads per week. (Since I'm already doing 20+ loads of laundry each week, I am happy to cut down where I can!)

ETA: Wanted to clarify towel washing -- the dr says that we need to wash towels AT LEAST every other day so we can use the same towel (each person has a towel -- not sharing!) for two days and then wash. He recommends using a clean towel for each and every shower/bath but says keeping it for two days is okay (assuming no visible infections).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results