shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Ralph Lauren Ad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sent an email via their clothing shopping site to let them know how I feel about their photo-shopped images:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&ab=footer_emailus

No, I have no illusions that anyone will actually read my carefully composed comment.
8.gif
But I can hope that they will at least count the number of "protest" emails, and that someone in RL''s front office will take note of the number of emails received.

I''ll also be letting their press office know how disgusted I am with their contempt for the natural and healthy female form, and with the messages they''re sending with their distorted images: [email protected].

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MC - I read ali''s post, but it was also posted after others stated that this could get out of hand. I just wanted to point out that there was no need to repeatedly post if there didn''t seem to be an issue. It just makes it into one. But agreed, moving on :)

I do think it''s important for these photos to be shared, why? B/C the more they are shared, the more people will see the disgusting things RL is trying to promote. The more they see that, the less people will buy the product. The less people buy the product, the more RL will be forced to work to make things that the general public will be happy with. Fashion to me has become a very supply only , and "artiste" industry. It should be working as a supply what is demanded.... and I demand chic, classic pieces that fit all, look good on all, and aren''t promoted by using severley photoshopped images. If I demand that enough, maybe things will change. Just my take.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 9:38:24 PM
Author: VRBeauty
I sent an email via their clothing shopping site to let them know how I feel about their photo-shopped images:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=store&subdisplay=contact&ab=footer_emailus

No, I have no illusions that anyone will actually read my carefully composed comment.
8.gif
But I can hope that they will at least count the number of 'protest' emails, and that someone in RL's front office will take note of the number of emails received.

I'll also be letting their press office know how disgusted I am with their contempt for the natural and healthy female form, and with the messages they're sending with their distorted images: [email protected].

Well, they apparently get enough protest letters that they've put together a stock response:

We appreciate your recent inquiry.

For over 42 years we have built a brand based on quality, integrity and a wholesome American lifestyle. Filippa Hamilton is a beautiful and healthy woman that we have worked closely with for over 6 years and we consider her an important part of our imaging and branding. We regret that our relationship has ended as a result of her inability to meet the obligations under her contract with us.

The image in question was mistakenly released and used in a department store in Japan and was not the approved image which ran in the U.S. We take full responsibility for allowing this image to run as this is completely inconsistent with our creative standards and brand values. This error has absolutely no connection to our relationship with Filippa Hamilton.

Polo Ralph Lauren

1. A mistake. That's it, it must have been a mistake!

2. So it's OK to encourage life-threatening dietary practices as long as you're not promoting them where consumers might protest?
Yeah, right.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 2:14:53 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Well, they apparently get enough protest letters that they''ve put together a stock response:

We appreciate your recent inquiry.

For over 42 years we have built a brand based on quality, integrity and a wholesome American lifestyle. Filippa Hamilton is a beautiful and healthy woman that we have worked closely with for over 6 years and we consider her an important part of our imaging and branding. We regret that our relationship has ended as a result of her inability to meet the obligations under her contract with us.

The image in question was mistakenly released and used in a department store in Japan and was not the approved image which ran in the U.S. We take full responsibility for allowing this image to run as this is completely inconsistent with our creative standards and brand values. This error has absolutely no connection to our relationship with Filippa Hamilton.

Polo Ralph Lauren

1. A mistake. That''s it, it must have been a mistake!

2. So it''s OK to encourage life-threatening dietary practices as long as you''re not promoting them where consumers might protest?
Yeah, right.

Ohhhh, well OK then! I feel MUCH better now! Their canned, BS response just made it all better!
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

And VRBeauty, as you mentioned, I find it very interesting that they have received so many protest e-mails that they''ve prepared this stock response. Hopefully, this teaches them something!
38.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With RL's impossibly skinny models it's ironic his name is RALPH.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results