clarity

Amazon Prime Day

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1436997176|3903266 said:
amc80|1436991891|3903228 said:

Score! Got off the waitlist an hour after the deal ended. We've been wanting a good bike trailer, but haven't wanted to pay the crazy prices for one. $99 for a $399 item. YAY.
Congrats! I've been pretty disappointed with Prime Day. It seems like there's a lot of junk, things are only slightly cheaper than normal Amazon prices, it's super annoying to scroll through everything to try to find something good, and I have to keep waiting through waves of deals in hopes that something I want will come up.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1437002209|3903306 said:
Congrats! I've been pretty disappointed with Prime Day. It seems like there's a lot of junk, things are only slightly cheaper than normal Amazon prices, it's super annoying to scroll through everything to try to find something good, and I have to keep waiting through waves of deals in hopes that something I want will come up.

Ditto, there hasn't been anything I wanted. I was hoping for more lower prices on books. I know, shocking to want Amazon to sell me books, right!??!? They said they'd have lower prices on Harry Potter books but it was just the paperbacks - I was hoping for a discount on the kindle bundle of all seven. I was also hoping their kindle device discount would extend to the paperwhite or the voyage - my old kindle is dying a prolonged death and I need a new one, but I want a kindle voyage, but I don't really want to pay $200 for it. But the discount was only on the most basic kindle.

BUT it's okay because none of this was stuff I really needed just stuff I would have bought had there been a discount. And I, uh, may have bought a new gemstone last night sooooooooo not buying more stuff today is probably the best course of action anyway.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
SMC|1437002209|3903306 said:
amc80|1436997176|3903266 said:
amc80|1436991891|3903228 said:

Score! Got off the waitlist an hour after the deal ended. We've been wanting a good bike trailer, but haven't wanted to pay the crazy prices for one. $99 for a $399 item. YAY.

I agree, i was pretty disappointed! I kept looking for anything i could possibly buy and couldn't find anything. ;(

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yep, overall a letdown. I admit I had high expectations, but that's because amazon purposely built them up! It seems we aren't the only ones - it's all over the internet that many people weren't impressed.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I didn't buy anything either. My Dh did buy a digital meat thermometer though. I didn't ask him how much it was.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I was really excited for Prime Day, but ended up being very disappointed. There was absolutely nothing I needed or wanted that was included in the sale.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with those who said it was a pain to sort through the "bargains" and there was nothing I wanted anyway that they had for sale. It really was like a cheap garage sale for the most part. I am glad some PSers managed to snag some worthwhile deals for themselves though. :appl:

April20

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was pretty decent for baby items and a let down for most everything else. I got the following:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OR1DTC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CWN3FRI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005XJ2VGE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I price checked everything after it was in my cart and it was enough savings to justify purchasing. I made the mistake of trying price check before I added to my cart when the sale first started (it was 3am and I was awake) and learned the hard way that you couldn't do that at all! "Good" baby items were sold out within 30 seconds. Insane.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a few things but they were things I had been wanting for a while, not impulse buys because of Prime Day specifically. I didn't get a great deal on what I bought, actually, but I also wasn't looking at high ticket items. A few friends told me they weren't impressed and that the deals weren't that great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results