shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing Cat Litter is Amazing

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
LGK|1296606462|2839994 said:
Jewelfreak- yes, the clumpy stuff did have some grody aspects to it. I had to seriously scrub the box out to get rid of that goop before it was clean enough to switch to this kind- plus, O.P. especially was talented at at getting said goop all over his feets. The info on the bag said the silica gel inhibits bacterial growth and the info I found online seemed to support that idea too, so I don't think it's too likely any bacteria are planning a world takeover starting with our litter box. Frankly it seems a lot less gross all the way around than the clay kinds. No smell at all, even after lots of peeing. No clumps. No littery bits on my couch. No littery bits on my bed. Or damp clay pawprints in the hallway. It's kinda nice, the house is definitely staying cleaner longer.

Thanks, LGK. I'll see if I can find it -- none of the stores listed are around here but a search might turn it up. The idea is great. My cats don't track the old-fashioned change-every-day kind of litter around the house but you can see, ick, dusty cat prints across the counters. Also, it would be much less expensive -- the stuff I buy costs about $3 a day, plus the price of a box liner each day.

Plus the endless vet bills, special diet food for each of the 2 sub-standard systems -- FREE CAT is a flaming oxymoron.

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
TubTub|1296667650|2840747 said:

TubTub, you're a honey!! What a nice thing to do. I used to shop at a few of those stores when we lived in Conn. but none of them ring a bell around here. Maybe they don't have distribution in the south. I'll check around though & be sure -- could be one of those chains owns other stores here that would stock it.

Thanks again!

--- Laurie

A

Anonymous

Hmm I may have to give it a whirl. We tried another silica and our cats just simply refused to use the box, even with trying to gradually mix the two! We are currently using http://www.petco.com/product/12016/Nature%27s-Miracle-Odor-Control-Clumping-Cat-Litter.aspx and I have to say it's pretty fabulous. It doesn't track as much as clay and the odor control is a LOT better than clay clumping litter. I've found that while it's more expensive than some, it lasts forever if you clean it regularly. We clean it 2-3 x a day because unfortunately for us, neither of our cats have the decency to stick around and bury it because it smells so awful that they literally run out of the box afterward...no exaggeration! :knockout:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tub Tub would you mind posting the list?

I wonder if you can buy it via Amazon? We don't have any of those stores up here in Baaaahstin.

Oh and LGK your post had me cracking up at my desk. We have a stink bomb too!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dang, none of those stores are anywhere near here. I would like to try it tho, maybe I'll email them. We bought a different box for them, thinking it would help stop our cats and their weird habits but alas..no. We got a covered one that has a curved ramp going up that is bumpy and supposed to take the litter out of their toes and a mat that goes under the opening to help trap the litter that doesn't come off on the ramp. Not so much. Litter everywhere. My cats have some sort of obsession with their poop. That's why we got the covered box. In the open box, they would poop and then swat it out of the box and bat it all over the basement floor. :knockout: We thought the covered box would put a halt to it but no..they push it onto the ramp and down to the floor and play with it. Turds all over the basement. Doesn't matter how often the box is cleaned. If there's one turd in there, it's coming out and onto the floor.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
(oooh human is eating! Must poop!)

haha, I laughed so hard in the office... people must think I'm crazy :bigsmile:

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I decided to try this stuff out on your recommendation, and I have to say, it is pretty good. Unfortunately, with five of the stinky beasts in the house, a bag lasts MUCH less than 30 days, more like a week! I ran out today and had to use some of the old clumping litter, and oh my god, I had already forgotten about how that stuff tracks everywhere. Ugh. Plus, I think the cats built up their litter kicking muscles on the silica pebbles, so now they're flinging the lighter clay particles to the high heavens!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I tried this based on this thread's recommendation, too, and loved it, until we got to the end of the cycle and had to clean it out. I know it's gross, but the only thing I could think was "urine slushie". Ugh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results