shape
carat
color
clarity

A guy wants to buy my clothes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Heloooo

Ok besides my diamond addiction, i also have a clothes, purse and bags addiction.

Lately I have accumulated so many new clothes that the time has come for me to sell some of my old ones.

I posted online, and got a reply from a guy... asking me if he could buy those clothes from me. At first I was a bit hesitant, but then decided, why not? All I care about is that these clothes go to another person who will appreciate them and I get a bit of extra money for them.

Would you have done the same? I asked my girlfriends and they said they were grossed out and wouldn''t have contacted him back.
3.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think he was possibly looking to buy them for his girlfriend, wife, daughter, or for himself?? I don''t think I would care, as long as you get the $$$! Might not want to have him come to your residence though just to be safe!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not clear.
He wants to buy them so he can wear them himself, or perhaps he is in some clothing reselling business and recognized a bargain.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lot of people buy used clothes and then turn around and try to sell them for a profit.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I would sell them to him. It''s business, right? Just make sure you have someone else with you if he comes to pick it up or meet him in a very public place.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
No he explicitly said for himself. He also said if I had a problem with it, that would be fine with him.

LOL Oh my gosh, he just sent me an email asking if I had any underwear for sale...
6.gif
Bahahahaha

I guess he would be embarassed to go into the shops and buy one himself.

I wouldn''t be comfortable having him in my home either so I will probably meet him in public.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2009 9:21:47 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Might not want to have him come to your residence though just to be safe!

I don't think we should assume that men who wear woman's clothes are any more likely to be criminals than the general population.

I think it is always best to conduct any sales in a public place like a coffee shop.

Edit, oh and I'd not sell used underwear, but that's just me.
Now, if he offered $1000 for used underwear I'd really have to reconsider.
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she meant just in general, prolly not a good idea to have men you don''t know come to your house when you''re alone.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 9:24:47 PM
Author: kenny

Date: 10/11/2009 9:21:47 PM
Author: MagsyMay
Might not want to have him come to your residence though just to be safe!

I don't think we should assume that men who wear woman's clothes are any more likely to be criminals than the general population.

I think it is always best to conduct any sales in a public place like a coffee shop.

Edit, oh and I'd not sell used underwear, but that's just me.
Now, if he offered $1000 for used underwear I'd really have to reconsider.
9.gif
I would sell him 5 of my best ones and pay for my wedding LOL

Though FI may have a problem using dirty-undie money for our holy union
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have said yes-until he asked you about the underwear. I would run FAR AWAY.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak, i found this so odd too!

I have had a couple of other responses specifically asking for underwear, not outerwear!!!
4.gif
Eventhough i specifically said branded dresses, jeans, and tops available for cheap sale on my ad.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 9:36:55 PM
Author: cindygenit

I have had a couple of other responses specifically asking for underwear, not outerwear!!!
4.gif
That is so, so strange. I would not sell underwear to strange men . . .

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d have to ask, what did your post say?? Where was it posted, where there pics and detials??

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I posted it on an online advertising website in Aus called gumtree.

There were no pics and i posted that i mainly had dresses, jeans, tops and jackets for sale...

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Well, at first I would have said ''sure'', but it takes on a whole different aspect when he wants to buy your underwear too.
23.gif
Creepy...Don''t offer to meet him anywhere for anything - he sounds like Trouble.
38.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Clothes? No problem, to each his own! Underwear? ummmmm he can VERY easily order those online! And I definitely wouldn''t be telling him where my home was. Meet him in a safe place! Otherwise, go make some $$$!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 9:38:50 PM
Author: kittybean

Date: 10/11/2009 9:36:55 PM

4.gif
That is so, so strange. I would not sell underwear to strange men . . .
but you would sell underwear to not so strange men?
31.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 9:07:34 PM
Author:cindygenit
Heloooo

Ok besides my diamond addiction, i also have a clothes, purse and bags addiction.

Lately I have accumulated so many new clothes that the time has come for me to sell some of my old ones.

I posted online, and got a reply from a guy... asking me if he could buy those clothes from me. At first I was a bit hesitant, but then decided, why not? All I care about is that these clothes go to another person who will appreciate them and I get a bit of extra money for them.

Would you have done the same? I asked my girlfriends and they said they were grossed out and wouldn''t have contacted him back.
3.gif
Go ahead and sell the poor guy your clothes!We cant have some poor cross dresser walking around without anything on can we!? His money is as green as the next guy,girl,cross dresser,person...i would agree never to meet anyone, male or female at your home when selling is involved.Its the first rule of pre-owned selling.Meeting in a public place and give little personal info.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 10:28:00 PM
Author: isaku5
Well, at first I would have said ''sure'', but it takes on a whole different aspect when he wants to buy your underwear too.
23.gif
Creepy...Don''t offer to meet him anywhere for anything - he sounds like Trouble.
38.gif
yep, when you bring the underwear into the picture, it''s probably a good idea NOT to return the guy''s messages or emails.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I might be opening a whole can of worms here but I''ve heard that used underwear are a HUGE business in Japan. These men would order them online and we''re talking about used and unwashed underwear! I think it''s a fetish thing. Eeeewww!!!
14.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 1:13:09 AM
Author: chiapet
I might be opening a whole can of worms here but I''ve heard that used underwear are a HUGE business in Japan. These men would order them online and we''re talking about used and unwashed underwear! I think it''s a fetish thing. Eeeewww!!!
14.gif
6.gif
14.gif
32.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 1:13:09 AM
Author: chiapet
14.gif

correct - I''ve heard about/seen this.
The knickers come packaged with a photo of the cute school-girl type who was supposed to have worn them! (of course it wasn''t her!)..
Yes, weirdo fetish thing
20.gif

Not that I think this is what''s happening to Cindy - I wouldn''t worry about selling him your clothes, just meet in a safe place, etc etc - if he starts getting weird asking about your undies, just walk away.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not sell him your clothes? You''re meeting all your goals and helping someone out at the same time, assuming he''s embarrassed to go shopping for women''s clothes himself.

I known a man who sometimes dressed in women''s clothing -- in public -- for reasons known only to him. I''ll admit it took me awhile to get over the shock factor, but once I got to know him a bit it was no big deal. Some of the women in my church helped him out by giving him clothes they could no longer wear -- personally, I thought that was very sweet. BTW he''s a nice guy who probably wouldn''t hurt a fly.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi VRBeauty! I do intend on selling him my clothes
9.gif
...just not my undies though haha

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 9:46:46 PM

There were no pics and i posted that i mainly had dresses, jeans, tops and jackets for sale...
Just my opinion but there seem to be a lot of scammers and weirdos using gumtree, the site just seems fishy and unreliable. Can''t you just post your clothes instead of meeting up with him? I would also not want to put my real address on the parcel...

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 4:49:26 AM
Author: Lovinggems

Date: 10/11/2009 9:46:46 PM

Just my opinion but there seem to be a lot of scammers and weirdos using gumtree, the site just seems fishy and unreliable. Can''t you just post your clothes instead of meeting up with him? I would also not want to put my real address on the parcel...
Lovinggems, this is what I am considering as well.

He hasn''t mentioned meeting up, hopefully he will be satisfied with the photos I am sending him, and we can do the transaction without seeing each other. Unfortunately, that would mean he would have to trust me (hmmm am i to be trusted? LOL) to send his things when his payment clears.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
That''s really weird. If he wanted new underwear, there are plenty of places he can order online to remain anonymous. Hopefully you don''t have any personal info up such as last name and address. I might sell him the clothes if you can do it without any personal info getting out, but the whole underwear thing would probably gross me out too much to even do that. Yuck
14.gif

Oh dear.

I would not have a problem selling clothing to a guy. Got cash? That''s all I need :)

But, I am seriously worried that he is asking for underwear. He could always buy them online. But he''s asking YOU for undies? He sounds like a sex pred to me. I would stay FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FARRRRRRRRRRRR AWAY.

If you do meet him, meet in public, bring like 3 people with you and let other people know where you are going. Meet at a mall, so he can''t find your car. After you sell things to him, shop around a bit, or watch HIM leave. If you think he is following you, call the police.

Trust me, it happens. Please be safe
7.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think buying clothes off you is fine, but I agree with the others about the underwear. If he wants womens underwear, he could definitely order them online-it''s weird that he''s asking you for yours.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
My guess is this is not a cross-dresser but just some creep who saw your ad as a way to lure a girl out to meet him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results