shape
carat
color
clarity

20 year old McCain volunteer attacked in Pittburgh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 2:21:05 PM
Author: luckystar112
Date: 10/24/2008 2:09:54 PM

Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 10/24/2008 2:08:07 PM

Author: luckystar112

YUP! She made it up!
38.gif

She confessed. She''s now facing charges.
29.gif
OMG.
23.gif

There are words for people like her, but it''s against PS rules for me to say them here.
38.gif
29.gif

ETA: I''ve heard it said that the election hinges on Pennsylvania. I guess this was a misguided effort to sway more Pennsylvania voters to vote for McCain. As someone who lives in Pennsylvania, I''m not amused.
20.gif

Not to mention Murtha calling western PA a bunch of racists. Thanks for the help, Ashley!
20.gif

Some are saying she did it because Sean Hannity was going to be in town? I''m sure she did it for a bunch of reasons, but mostly because she''s a freaking lunatic.

Found this pic, thought it added a *little* humor. What a joke.

ok, i was cracking up when i saw this pic! part of me would love to take comfort in the fact that she''s just nuts, but her decision to make the "perpetrator" a big black man sounds too calculating to me.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2008 11:50:31 PM
Author: thing2of2
And as for who contacted who, of course the media contacted the campaign! But the aide busted out with a detailed version, including the fact that the ''attacker'' said that he was beating her because she was with the McCain campaign.

That''s not something a campaign aide should be spreading around, in my opinion. And something tells me the McCain campaign will feel the same way-who wants to bet that aide gets the ax?

ETA that the campaign aide gave out this information before the police had confirmed the story, including the quotes from the ''attacker.''

What an idiot move there. They couldn''t just wait until the story was confirmed before running with it?
38.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I think the college republicans were a big part of it. The girl''s friend took a picture of her "wounds" and gave one pic to the police and the other to the college republicans.

Then all of a sudden the picture and story is on drudge. From another article it says that the picture was on there sans details which is what prompted the local stations to call the aide for the story.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
And even weirder!

Todd has a history of making up stories, said Dustan Costine, chairman of the Robertson County, Texas, Republican Party. He and Todd volunteered together on the failed presidential campaign of Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, a Green Tree native. Costine said Todd told supporters there that her car was vandalized because it had the candidate''s stickers on it. He provided an e-mail from Todd in which she said her car tires had been slashed.

Costine said Todd had talked of running for Texas governor in 2006 as a write-in candidate. She said she had been undergoing treatment for cancer, had lost her hair and often wore a wig. Still, he said, she constantly smoked.

Police have no evidence Todd''s friends were in on the Bloomfield attack story.

"I don''t trust anything she told me," Garcia said.

Garcia said he met Todd among Republican circles in College Station. They were not close friends but had been virtual friends on the Internet site Facebook. Traveling around New York and Pennsylvania to campaign for the McCain-Palin ticket, she had spent the previous Friday and Saturday nights at his house, but Garcia said he had not seen her since then.

Todd called Garcia''s cell phone at 8:56 p.m. Wednesday and asked if she could come over. When she arrived, Garcia thought the etched "B" looked like it could have come from the pin of a campaign button.

Garcia said he accepted her story, partly because Todd told him that she was a student at Texas A&M, where he had graduated in May. It was important, he said, to get out the message to other alumni and Republicans.

A Texas A&M official said Todd has never been a student at the school. People who knew Todd from Texas said they believe she has attended Blinn College, a community college in Bryan, Texas. A woman in the Blinn registrar''s office said it would be "completely against the law" for her to release, confirm or provide any information about a student''s status at the college.

Garcia said he only started to fully doubt the details of the story when police brought them in for questioning Thursday evening, and the session lasted more than five hours.

I agree with thing2. We need a coo-coo button. For her and her friend. He said the B looked like it came from a campaign button but her took her word for it because she "goes to A&M". Whaaaaaa?

Seriously though...she obviously has mental issues. I hope she''s getting help.
15.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This story sounded like hooey to me from the beginning ... but I knew if I disputed it I''d be flamed. People LOVE their ooogey booogey crazy angry young man Obama-supporter stories. Riots in the streets! SO RELIEVED this ridiculous scheme has been revealed to be the work of an extremely disturbed young woman & her gullible, reactionary, desperate buddies. EPIC FAIL - exactly.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a scary young woman...

AND Moon! Congrats on getting married lady!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 1:29:05 PM
Author: FrekeChild
What a scary young woman...

AND Moon! Congrats on getting married lady!!!

Thank you Freke!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results