carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

I need help with the search function. I would like to search the Rockey Talkey forum for info on diamond depth, angles, etc. but any search containing numbers is not successful. How do I access this data? Thanks.

cara

Ideal_Rock

PLEASE help make it easier to use the tab menu bar (Forum, Resources, etc.) for people that operate their browser with bigger text on Firefox. I posted this request pages earlier but it probably wasn't high on the priority list.

In particular, with larger text size, the Forum tab moves down onto a separate line from the others towards the far right of the screen, and when you hover over it the menu appears below but after a gap from the Forum tab where the mouse is hovering. This menu is too far to the right - for example, the pricescope cafe submenu always appears to the right of the main menu and is thus off the screen usually for me. But far worse, to cross this gap between the Forum tab and the menu is very difficult! Usually when I try to move the mouse lower to cross the gap, the scroll down menu disappears because my mouse is now in the gap and not on either the tab or the menu. So I go back and hover over the Forum, the menu appears, then I try to jump across the gap to the menu, usually the menu goes away, repeat until I get frustrated and just click on the Forum tab to make all the Forums appear on their own screen and then select the one I want.

But it makes it MUCH more difficult to navigate from one forum to the next as I used to. I don't switch forums as much anymore as a result.

Yayyyy I think it is fixed! I haven't had to log in since sunday night or monday! thank you

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

cara said:
PLEASE help make it easier to use the tab menu bar (Forum, Resources, etc.) for people that operate their browser with bigger text on Firefox. I posted this request pages earlier but it probably wasn't high on the priority list.

In particular, with larger text size, the Forum tab moves down onto a separate line from the others towards the far right of the screen, and when you hover over it the menu appears below but after a gap from the Forum tab where the mouse is hovering. This menu is too far to the right - for example, the pricescope cafe submenu always appears to the right of the main menu and is thus off the screen usually for me. But far worse, to cross this gap between the Forum tab and the menu is very difficult! Usually when I try to move the mouse lower to cross the gap, the scroll down menu disappears because my mouse is now in the gap and not on either the tab or the menu. So I go back and hover over the Forum, the menu appears, then I try to jump across the gap to the menu, usually the menu goes away, repeat until I get frustrated and just click on the Forum tab to make all the Forums appear on their own screen and then select the one I want.

But it makes it MUCH more difficult to navigate from one forum to the next as I used to. I don't switch forums as much anymore as a result.

It is still on the list.

Although this is not a fix of any kind, the footer does contain most of the menus.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I appreciate the patience.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

are the drag and paste function for emoticons working yet?

Thanks

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin said:
Pink Tower said:
Porridge said:
I am constantly being spontaneously logged out. It doesn't seem to be after any specific length of time - sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15. I'm browsing away, I respond to a few posts, then boom, I go to click reply to another post and I'm logged out. Then the same thing - I click "log in to pricescope here" and it takes me to my homepage telling me I'm already logged in. So I have to log out before logging back in. It's causing me to post a lot less.

I hope this hasn't been addressed already - I didn't look back over this entire thread, just the last few pages.

Thanks in advance, I'm enjoying PS2 overall!
I have the same problem.
I have to log out in order to log in.

I apologize for it we are investigation the login issue that some members are having. We might have been doing some changes at the time.

If you are still experiencing this, please let us know it may help the investigation.

Again my apologies
This appears to have been resolved for me now. Thanks!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but avatars seem blurred to me. On my profile page my avatar looks great, but in posts it's almost like it's not fully rendered. Same goes for other avatars.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

geckodani said:
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but avatars seem blurred to me. On my profile page my avatar looks great, but in posts it's almost like it's not fully rendered. Same goes for other avatars.

When we original did the conversion the avatars did not move over cleanly. If you re-upload it it should look better now.

One thing I've noticed that isn't a huge deal but a little annoying is that when I click on FORUM and then try to find a sub-forum, that specific sub-forum will highlight but when I click on it, nothing happens. So, I move the cursor a few pixels towards the middle of the highlighted portion and it will go then. I think the "hot" area of the highlighted portion might be a little too small... or don't have the sub-forum light up until it will actually direct you where you want to go. Does that make sense how I described it?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

How do I upload an image for my avatar? Thanks.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

bean said:
One thing I've noticed that isn't a huge deal but a little annoying is that when I click on FORUM and then try to find a sub-forum, that specific sub-forum will highlight but when I click on it, nothing happens. So, I move the cursor a few pixels towards the middle of the highlighted portion and it will go then. I think the "hot" area of the highlighted portion might be a little too small... or don't have the sub-forum light up until it will actually direct you where you want to go. Does that make sense how I described it?
Yes! I thought I was just a bad clicker or my mouse was screwed up, but this makes so much more sense.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

when I am ready to reply to a thread but not logged in yet, I find that after I log on it always takes me to my profile page, and I have to go back in to searching for the thread that I had initially wanted to reply to. Is there anyways like the old version, where It just takes me to the thread directly after I log on?

Also on the emoticons, I find that I can preview them when I select and paste the URL, but when I am ready to submit there is an error like pictured here. I tried sending this attachment to you Ella, but have not gotten a response yet,

Thanks PShelpemoticon_0.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

Whoops nevermind, I see what you meant.

Can we see the whole text of what you are trying to enter, D&T? Maybe we can see the problem.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

bean said:

Hi Bean,

Do you mean on the mouse over menu or on thr Forum main page?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

D&T said:
when I am ready to reply to a thread but not logged in yet, I find that after I log on it always takes me to my profile page, and I have to go back in to searching for the thread that I had initially wanted to reply to. Is there anyways like the old version, where It just takes me to the thread directly after I log on?

Also on the emoticons, I find that I can preview them when I select and paste the URL, but when I am ready to submit there is an error like pictured here. I tried sending this attachment to you Ella, but have not gotten a response yet,

Thanks PShelpemoticon_0.jpg

Hi D&T,

We are looking into both things. They are both on the list.

PS Admin said:
bean said:

Hi Bean,

Mouse over menu. On the forum page, the section lights up with a cursor (for the ability to copy and paste) and turns into the hand pointer when I click on the sub-forum I want to go to. But, on the mouse over menu, if I go to the Forum tab (but don't click on it) and pull down to Pearls for example, the sub-forum lights up to the lighter blue, but sometimes it won't go to that sub-forum until I move the mouse closer to the middle of the text and then it goes. It really depends on where you click. It happens probably 2-3 times a day if I'm logged in.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Was the reading preview disabled? Before I could hover over a post and read a portion of what was written. I can't seem to do that today.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I am having problems posting links. When I cut and and past an URL (just the simple www dot address dot com format, without the HTML tags), I get the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/forum/includes/functions_content.php(683) : regexp code on line 2

Fatal error: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Failed evaluating code: make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, ' ', 'http://www.ebay.com', '', ' onclick="target='_blank'" class="postlink"') in /var/www/forum/includes/functions_content.php on line 683

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

bean said:
PS Admin said:
bean said:

Hi Bean,

Mouse over menu. On the forum page, the section lights up with a cursor (for the ability to copy and paste) and turns into the hand pointer when I click on the sub-forum I want to go to. But, on the mouse over menu, if I go to the Forum tab (but don't click on it) and pull down to Pearls for example, the sub-forum lights up to the lighter blue, but sometimes it won't go to that sub-forum until I move the mouse closer to the middle of the text and then it goes. It really depends on where you click. It happens probably 2-3 times a day if I'm logged in.

Hi Bean,

Will look into it. Thanks for the information.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

fiery said:
Was the reading preview disabled? Before I could hover over a post and read a portion of what was written. I can't seem to do that today.

Sorry making some changes, it should be back soon.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Lady_Disdain said:
I am having problems posting links. When I cut and and past an URL (just the simple www dot address dot com format, without the HTML tags), I get the following message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/forum/includes/functions_content.php(683) : regexp code on line 2

Fatal error: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Failed evaluating code: make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, ' ', 'http://www.ebay.com', '', ' onclick="target='_blank'" class="postlink"') in /var/www/forum/includes/functions_content.php on line 683

Hi Lady Disdain,

Thanks for info hopefully have it fixed soon.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Ella, I'm not sure who to ask for the removal of a thread.

Can you please delete "HAVEN-Personal Statement"?

pierreone

Shiny_Rock

Hi. Overnight I've lost the ability to view pictures in threads. I haven't had any problems with 2.0 up until now. Now all I see are the image names, not the actual images. I'm on a Mac and have tried viewing in Firefox, Safari, and Camino. Thanks.

reader

Brilliant_Rock

I am having the same issue. Running Windows XP with Firefox.

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock

reader said:
I am having the same issue. Running Windows XP with Firefox.

Same here.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

cara said:

Hi Cara,

Can you check if this is still an issue for you?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

pierreone said:
Hi. Overnight I've lost the ability to view pictures in threads. I haven't had any problems with 2.0 up until now. Now all I see are the image names, not the actual images. I'm on a Mac and have tried viewing in Firefox, Safari, and Camino. Thanks.

Just tried to reproduce it and I am unable to. Is this still an issue?
If so, Can you tell me which thread and what version of firefox?

thanks

pierreone

Shiny_Rock

PS Admin said:
pierreone said:

thanks

I can see images again, so everything seems back to normal. Thanks.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

pierreone said:
PS Admin said:
pierreone said:

thanks

I can see images again, so everything seems back to normal. Thanks.

Sorry for the hiccup we are still making changes and you probably caught us in the middle of one.

Glad to hear it is back to normal and thank you again for letting us know about the issue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results