shape
carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Actuallyit happens when I add images. I chose browse, select the file and when I click add to post the next window is all white with a pricescope address in the address bar. No navigation options or anything loads and when I use the back button it goes back to the posting page without the text that I've written. I have gone back to make sure the files are acceptable size and they are.

edit: Ok I figured it out. I had made file names in french to avoid having an already used file name. apostrophes in file names make PS malfunction!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

MayFlowers said:
I can't view anyone's signatures. I haven't been able to since the switch to 2.0. I thought it was just a glitch until I got on a different computer and I could see them on that computer, but still not on mine.

Should be fixed now. There is a setting in preferences that was checked that you did not want to see signatures. :))

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Edward Bristol said:
How can I get contact with PS staff in this version? All the links to Admin I can find do not get me anywhere?

The "Contact Us" button alllll the way at the bottom of the forum will send us an email. We are working on making this in a more prominent place.

Or you can just click here https://www.pricescope.com/contact

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Ella said:
MayFlowers said:
I can't view anyone's signatures. I haven't been able to since the switch to 2.0. I thought it was just a glitch until I got on a different computer and I could see them on that computer, but still not on mine.

Should be fixed now. There is a setting in preferences that was checked that you did not want to see signatures. :))

Thank you so much! I can see them now!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

VapidLapid said:
Actuallyit happens when I add images. I chose browse, select the file and when I click add to post the next window is all white with a pricescope address in the address bar. No navigation options or anything loads and when I use the back button it goes back to the posting page without the text that I've written. I have gone back to make sure the files are acceptable size and they are.

edit: Ok I figured it out. I had made file names in french to avoid having an already used file name. apostrophes in file names make PS malfunction!

Hi VapidLapid,

Thanks for the info, we will look into it. BTW no need to worry about having unique file name in this version.

Also PS 2.0 now will resize all images that are bigger then 640 x 480 to 640 x 480 trying to keep the aspect ratio.

:)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PS Admin said:
VapidLapid said:

Hi VapidLapid,

Thanks for the info, we will look into it. BTW no need to worry about having unique file name in this version.

Also PS 2.0 now will resize all images that are bigger then 640 x 480 to 640 x 480 trying to keep the aspect ratio.

:)

I think in resizing images, some color is lost. That is something else that needs to be looked into.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Hi Kaleigh and Other stats fans. :)

We have brought back the stats to the of the forum into the main forum page. We are about 8000 posts from 2.7 million. :)

Enjoy !

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

I am constantly being spontaneously logged out. It doesn't seem to be after any specific length of time - sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15. I'm browsing away, I respond to a few posts, then boom, I go to click reply to another post and I'm logged out. Then the same thing - I click "log in to pricescope here" and it takes me to my homepage telling me I'm already logged in. So I have to log out before logging back in. It's causing me to post a lot less.

I hope this hasn't been addressed already - I didn't look back over this entire thread, just the last few pages.

Thanks in advance, I'm enjoying PS2 overall!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock

Hi,

Can you please let me know how I can delete attached pictures from previous posts??
I could do it before and now I can't.

Thanks.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

Porridge said:
I am constantly being spontaneously logged out. It doesn't seem to be after any specific length of time - sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 15. I'm browsing away, I respond to a few posts, then boom, I go to click reply to another post and I'm logged out. Then the same thing - I click "log in to pricescope here" and it takes me to my homepage telling me I'm already logged in. So I have to log out before logging back in. It's causing me to post a lot less.

I hope this hasn't been addressed already - I didn't look back over this entire thread, just the last few pages.

I have the same problem.
I have to log out in order to log in.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

I'm using Chrome and the search box is half hidden up on the top edge of the page. Eek! Thanks!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock

Can someone please tell me how to make a link clickable? I have clicked on 'URL' and put the link inbetween the URL brackets but the link is still not clickable! :confused:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
how to use the URL tag for posting clickable links

megeve said:
Can someone please tell me how to make a link clickable? I have clicked on 'URL' and put the link inbetween the URL brackets but the link is still not clickable! :confused:

Hi Megeve,

I just saw the link you treid to make and and all it was was a simple typo. I have corrected for you. ( BTW you have some beautiful Cartier)

This is what you had:

[url youUrl ][/url]

It should have been
Code:
[url] youUrl [/url]
such as
[url] https://www.pricescope.com/wiki [/url]

it will show up as this
https://www.pricescope.com/wiki

You can also do this:
Code:
[URL=youUrl] a name for the url[/url]

such as
[URL=https://www.pricescope.com/wiki] Pricescope tutorial [/url]

It will show up as this
Pricescope tutorial

Hope that helps.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry said:
I'm using Chrome and the search box is half hidden up on the top edge of the page. Eek! Thanks!

I know what you mean. I like to use chrome and it happens to me.

It is on the list, but might be a while. :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Pink Tower said:
Porridge said:

I have the same problem.
I have to log out in order to log in.

I apologize for it we are investigation the login issue that some members are having. We might have been doing some changes at the time.

If you are still experiencing this, please let us know it may help the investigation.

Again my apologies

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

Ella,
Another problem I note is that, when I click on a post from the most recent postings log, it takes me instead to the page called "Knowledge."

Thanks,
Mel

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock

I am missing the links in the right corner for "new topics" and "hot topics". Is it gone? I loved that function.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock

Additionally on the home page if you click on latest topics or most popular it does not link to the post, it links to a site map page.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Thank you on the input about the links on the front page. We will look into it and hopefully fix them soon.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Re: how to use the URL tag for posting clickable links

Hi Megeve,

I just saw the link you treid to make and and all it was was a simple typo. I have corrected for you. ( BTW you have some beautiful Cartier)

This is what you had:

[url youUrl ][/url]

It should have been
Code:
[url] youUrl [/url]
such as

it will show up as this

You can also do this:
Code:

such as
[color=#FF0000][URL=https://www.pricescope.com/wiki] Pricescope tutorial [/url] [/color]

It will show up as this
Pricescope tutorial

Hope that helps.[/quote]

Hi Andrey

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment! I appreciate that!

I have tried above, it works only with the method as above in red but it doesn't work as shown in green, as there is no option shown which say that I can re-title the url as e.g. pricescope tutorial! Any other suggestion?

Also, everytime I am logged on and reply to a thread, the OP's post is always shown as the last post and the last post will show as 1st post. Its pretty confusing sometime!

Thanks for your time!

ETA: sorry, it didn't worked with the coloring! :oops:

Blessed12

Rough_Rock

I am sure this has been answered before but I just made my first post in the new forum and it listed me as a "Trade Person" how do I remove that as I am not a trade person? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide

Rae~

Shiny_Rock

PS Admin said:
Rae~ said:
Although I have tried to follow this thread (on and off) I may have missed an answer to this, and if so I apologise..... but how do I access a list of threads that I have either bookmarked, or subscribed to?

It doesn't seem to be under 'My Pages", which was the first intuitive stop for me. Any help appreciated.

Hi Rae,

The My Pages tab -> Overview will show you the subscriptions and bookmarks.

Thank you for this reply, and apologies my thanks are so tardy. :oops:

Another question along the same lines.....

If I go to the Overview page, it only shows me a few (well, about a page's worth) of my bookmarked threads. I use the bookmark function a LOT to, well, bookmark! threads that I want to come back to in the future... yet only a fraction of my bookmarked threads are accessible. Is this a setting somewhere that I can change? eg "Show all bookmarked threads" vs "Show bookmarked threads which have had a response in the last 48hrs"?

Appreciate your help with this...

About 75% of the time when I hit "submit" my post is going into review, and I have to hit submit again. Driving me nuts.

Additionally. I have to log out and in of my account at least once a day. Most of the time I don't even bother posting because I have done it about 75 times now it feels- or attempted to comment on a post and it wouldn't let me so I didn't log in. :|

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: how to use the URL tag for posting clickable links

megeve said:
Hi Megeve,

This is what you had:

[url youUrl ][/url]

It should have been
Code:
[url] youUrl [/url]
such as

it will show up as this

You can also do this:
Code:

such as
[color=#FF0000][URL=https://www.pricescope.com/wiki] Pricescope tutorial [/url] [/color]

It will show up as this
Pricescope tutorial

Hope that helps.

Hi Andrey

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment! I appreciate that!

I have tried above, it works only with the method as above in red but it doesn't work as shown in green, as there is no option shown which say that I can re-title the url as e.g. pricescope tutorial! Any other suggestion?

Also, everytime I am logged on and reply to a thread, the OP's post is always shown as the last post and the last post will show as 1st post. Its pretty confusing sometime!

Thanks for your time!

ETA: sorry, it didn't worked with the coloring! :oops:[/quote]

No problem: Try this for color

Code:
[url=https://www.pricescope.com/wiki][color=#00BF00]Pricescope tutorial[/color][/url]

comes out like this

Pricescope tutorial

Is this what you are trying to do?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Rae~ said:
PS Admin said:
Rae~ said:
Although I have tried to follow this thread (on and off) I may have missed an answer to this, and if so I apologise..... but how do I access a list of threads that I have either bookmarked, or subscribed to?

It doesn't seem to be under 'My Pages", which was the first intuitive stop for me. Any help appreciated.

Hi Rae,

The My Pages tab -> Overview will show you the subscriptions and bookmarks.

Thank you for this reply, and apologies my thanks are so tardy. :oops:

Another question along the same lines.....

If I go to the Overview page, it only shows me a few (well, about a page's worth) of my bookmarked threads. I use the bookmark function a LOT to, well, bookmark! threads that I want to come back to in the future... yet only a fraction of my bookmarked threads are accessible. Is this a setting somewhere that I can change? eg "Show all bookmarked threads" vs "Show bookmarked threads which have had a response in the last 48hrs"?

Appreciate your help with this...

not sure. I put it on the list to investigate.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

bean said:
About 75% of the time when I hit "submit" my post is going into review, and I have to hit submit again. Driving me nuts.

Additionally. I have to log out and in of my account at least once a day. Most of the time I don't even bother posting because I have done it about 75 times now it feels- or attempted to comment on a post and it wouldn't let me so I didn't log in. :|

Hi Bean and everyone else with a similar problem,

We are currently trying to fix this issue. Seems there is still a glitch.

Thanks for letting us know.

We hope to have a fix in the next few hours.

If you are still experiencing this issue after loggin out and loggin back this weekend, please let us know.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI Ella, Andrey,

I can't seem to submit a question to you via "contact us" link everytime I submit, it says "could not authenticate" and i'm sure you haven't received my email? can you contact me? I sent an email off to Ella, not sure if you got it from the 1st of Sept.
Help!
Thanks!
D&T

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

D&T said:
HI Ella, Andrey,

I can't seem to submit a question to you via "contact us" link everytime I submit, it says "could not authenticate" and i'm sure you haven't received my email? can you contact me? I sent an email off to Ella, not sure if you got it from the 1st of Sept.
Help!
Thanks!
D&T

Hi D&T,

I apologize but I did not receive your email. You can try again at ella at pricescope dot com.

I had to log out again tonight so I could log in and comment again.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Ella, I just resent my email.
Thanks

Hi D&T,

I apologize but I did not receive your email. You can try again at ella at pricescope dot com.[/quote]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results