clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Dreamer_D said:
FWIW I like the new search a lot since it lets you get really specific in yioru search and narrow as you go, which is cool. The down side is that you need to know what you are doing to use it. Maybe a tutorial page would help? With a step by step on how to do common types of searches?

Hi Dreamer,

We plan to do that once we clean up all the glitches.
If you have any tricks you learned put them post them for others.

Thank you for the suggestion.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Dreamer_D said:
I don't know if this is where I should post this, but when you upload photos they appear in the reverse order than the order the are uploaded. If I want to comment on three photos that I upload in my post in order a-b-c, then I need to have the forthought to upload them in order c-b-a. Confusing as heck! I am not the only one with this issue. If it can be changed it would help a lot.

Hi Dreamer,

Are you talking about in a post or in the Gallery?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock

i am still having time issues. i have checked this thread again for advice on this. i see someone noted you need to be logged in. i am posting to see if the correct time comes with this post. if not i will be back to ask what i should do. thanks!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

PS Admin said:
risingsun said:
I was just able to use my image storage. Then I uploaded another pic and I can't bring up the images at all. Please help me ;(

Hi Marian,

I sent you email. Please check if you received it. You may need to also check the spam folder.

Thank you,
My image storage is working again. BTW, I cannot reach you with the email you provided. I received and access denied. I'm on Firefox. Spam filter checked. Nothing there.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

^^^I'm reluctant to upload to my image storage after the last incident. Has the problem been resolved? Thanks for your help.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

help please!!...can't copy and drag the "emoticons" like i used to with the old PS.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock

Dancing Fire said:
help please!!...can't copy and drag the "emoticons" like i used to with the old PS.

Ditto! Can we have this feature back? pretty please?

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock

I`m also having troubles uploading my avatar (the one from the last version was blurry, so I made one 100x100). If you could please fix it up for me, that would be great.

IMG0361try3333.JPG

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

chiquitapet said:
I`m also having troubles uploading my avatar (the one from the last version was blurry, so I made one 100x100). If you could please fix it up for me, that would be great.

All fixed.

Seems the system has issues with the extension being largecase "JPG" v.s. "jpg"

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

megeve said:
Dancing Fire said:

Ditto! Can we have this feature back? pretty please?

We will look into it.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

I can't drag and drop any of my pics...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

PS Admin said:
Dreamer_D said:
I don't know if this is where I should post this, but when you upload photos they appear in the reverse order than the order the are uploaded. If I want to comment on three photos that I upload in my post in order a-b-c, then I need to have the forthought to upload them in order c-b-a. Confusing as heck! I am not the only one with this issue. If it can be changed it would help a lot.

Hi Dreamer,

It happens when I upload multiple images to a post.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Archive%2018Woody%203.jpg

I see an image... :???:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Sapphire%20reset%20011latest%20PSa.jpg

I do hope that I'm back on track. Instead of drop and drag, I click the image and it reproduces as an image :appl:

002%20Tsav%20china%20plate%201.jpg

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock

I have a question regarding videos... I know that I cannot post a link in SMTB to Youtube/Photobucket/ImageShack, so I was wondering how I might show a video of my e-ring on PS?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Dreamer_D said:
PS Admin said:
Dreamer_D said:

Hi Dreamer,

It happens when I upload multiple images to a post.

I will look into it. Thanks for the explanation.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Mashira said:
I have a question regarding videos... I know that I cannot post a link in SMTB to Youtube/Photobucket/ImageShack, so I was wondering how I might show a video of my e-ring on PS?

Hi Mashira,

At this time we do not have a facility for member videos.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
I do hope that I'm back on track. Instead of drop and drag, I click the image and it reproduces as an image :appl:

I'm glad it is working for you.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

How do we fill in our profiles and can you tell me how to do multiple quotes :saint:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I seem to detect a new addition to the site, and, while I hope I'm not out of line with this observation ... the moving icons next to the thread titles do not increase readability, or provide useful information.

The moving flames just sort of make me think "Internet Flaming Contained Herein," which, not a bonus, and while the resulting headache might actually technically *be* a bonus to the information and entertainment that I was looking for when I chose to visit PS ... it's not really the good kind.

Any chance we could maybe go with a "larger text, less scrolling, fewer flickering bits to distract us from the corners of our eyes" model?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Circe said:
I seem to detect a new addition to the site, and, while I hope I'm not out of line with this observation ... the moving icons next to the thread titles do not increase readability, or provide useful information.

The moving flames just sort of make me think "Internet Flaming Contained Herein," which, not a bonus, and while the resulting headache might actually technically *be* a bonus to the information and entertainment that I was looking for when I chose to visit PS ... it's not really the good kind.

Any chance we could maybe go with a "larger text, less scrolling, fewer flickering bits to distract us from the corners of our eyes" model?

The animated flame will be gone.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks, Andrey - that was a quick fix! I must have logged on at just the wrong moment in the testing.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
How do we fill in our profiles and can you tell me how to do multiple quotes :saint:

Hi Marian,

To make a quote or multiple quotes all you need to do is click on post or quote. Then start you post and if you want to quote some one just scroll to the bottom and you should see the following view called Expand View. In there you can scroll through any posts of the thread and to the right of it you should see a quote just click on the one you wish to quote. It will add the quote at the point where your cursor is on the post you are making.

multiple_qoutes.png

As for filling in your profile, Just click on the "My pages" tab and then Edit button.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Ok, I love what you've done to the place.

Tonight I noticed you've put all the threads close together (that's great).

Are the "burning up" icons going to stay? They distract my eyes a lot.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

Many thanks.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

Actually, I don't like the squished rows - I can't focus on anything and it hurts my eyes. The fire I like, though I'd like it better unanimated. This is really bad, guys, I'm sorry to say. What on earth made you make it SMALLER? :((

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Imdanny said:
Ok, I love what you've done to the place.

Tonight I noticed you've put all the threads close together (that's great).

Are the "burning up" icons going to stay? They distract my eyes a lot.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

Many thanks.

Thanks Imdanny and the burning icons will be non animated soon. When it was just one it was kind of nice but i see alot does make a distraction.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

MonkeyPie said:
Actually, I don't like the squished rows - I can't focus on anything and it hurts my eyes. The fire I like, though I'd like it better unanimated. This is really bad, guys, I'm sorry to say. What on earth made you make it SMALLER? :((

Hi MonkeyPie,

Sorry about it hurting your eyes. I have had many requests to make it smaller to reduce the scrolling of the threads.

I will look into it a bit and see what can be done.

Anyone else like it the old way?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, one other thing I've had a chance to think about is you've made the text bold in the thread titles.

I don't know if it's just me but it seems to make my eyes want to go to every thread title at once.

Is this something you've decided on permanently or do you have other options?

It's not a big deal to me but while I was thinking about these most recent changes I thought I'd ask.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

Imdanny said:
Thanks, one other thing I've had a chance to think about is you've made the text bold in the thread titles.

I don't know if it's just me but it seems to make my eyes want to go to every thread title at once.

Is this something you've decided on permanently or do you have other options?

It's not a big deal to me but while I was thinking about these most recent changes I thought I'd ask.

This! I think the bold being taken off would help a lot, actually. I keep finding myself leaning in toward my screen like that's going to help, haha. Maybe just use the bold for the stickies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results