color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

TL: Thank you we will look into that. It has happened a few times to me too recently.

Kaleigh: We are still working on the time, don't worry. One thing at a time!

Testing: Can anyone reading this go to the SMTB forum and see if you prefer that format for stickies? We hope eventually to have delineation between global announcements, stickies, and regular threads. But for now I moved the stickies in with the announcements. Better or worse than having them with the regular threads?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Ella said:
Testing: Can anyone reading this go to the SMTB forum and see if you prefer that format for stickies? We hope eventually to have delineation between global announcements, stickies, and regular threads. But for now I moved the stickies in with the announcements. Better or worse than having them with the regular threads?

I think it is better.

In the long run, however, I think it would be even betterer (what? not a word? eh) if the height of each box was lessened so that each topic took up less room on the screen. Right now the list of stickied topics is loooong and I have to scroll all the way down to get to the new topics.

But, again - better. :)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

so far everything seems fairly good..I like the new setup alright which is usually not the case after using any old forum site for so long..my onluy complaint is this new format seems to be slower..there are a couple pauses when bringing the site up or entering a thread or replying to a thread..I have a super fast computer and am real picky about being able to fly through things rather quickly with no lag time..other than that well done on the upgrade PS :appl:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

sillyberry said:
Ella said:

I think it is better.

In the long run, however, I think it would be even betterer (what? not a word? eh) if the height of each box was lessened so that each topic took up less room on the screen. Right now the list of stickied topics is loooong and I have to scroll all the way down to get to the new topics.

But, again - better. :)

We are certainly working on that. This is a temporary fix. :))

Rae~

Shiny_Rock

Although I have tried to follow this thread (on and off) I may have missed an answer to this, and if so I apologise..... but how do I access a list of threads that I have either bookmarked, or subscribed to?

It doesn't seem to be under 'My Pages", which was the first intuitive stop for me. Any help appreciated.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Rae~ said:
Although I have tried to follow this thread (on and off) I may have missed an answer to this, and if so I apologise..... but how do I access a list of threads that I have either bookmarked, or subscribed to?

It doesn't seem to be under 'My Pages", which was the first intuitive stop for me. Any help appreciated.

Hi Rae,

The My Pages tab -> Overview will show you the subscriptions and bookmarks.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

One thing I am noticing is that there are a lot of double posts. It seems that, when you hit submit, nothing happens. The blue bar loads about 1/8 of the way across, and stops.

This morning I typed out a long reply and it would not load. It finally just ate the post. I cannot figure out when to hit submit more than once. Obviously, I should have, but I did not want to make a duplicate post.

Sometimes, when it stalls, I've gotten it to work by going to the preview page. Other times, like today, I cannot load that option.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Pink Tower said:
One thing I am noticing is that there are a lot of double posts. It seems that, when you hit submit, nothing happens. The blue bar loads about 1/8 of the way across, and stops.

This morning I typed out a long reply and it would not load. It finally just ate the post. I cannot figure out when to hit submit more than once. Obviously, I should have, but I did not want to make a duplicate post.

Sometimes, when it stalls, I've gotten it to work by going to the preview page. Other times, like today, I cannot load that option.

Hi Pink Tower,

We are still tweaking and making changes. Unfortunately the system will have hick ups until we are done.
We are doing everything we can to limit these hick ups.

Thank you everyone for letting us know as we are working out these issues.

It helps us make Pricescope better and more enjoyable for everyone.

Aryana

Shiny_Rock

PS Admin said:
Aryana said:
PS Admin said:
Aryana said:
I am having a different scrolling issue. When I select a post to read that is toward the bottom of the forum page, once I exit that post my page refreshes back to the top of the forum page. I then have to scroll back down to read the next post (after the one I first read). PS 1 kept you at the same location on the forum page so that you didn't have to scroll down again to read the next post.

Hi Aryana,

I am not sure what you mean by selecting a post to read and then exiting. What are you clicking on to select it?

Ella,
Sorry for the confusion. I can best describe by using an example.

1. I am in the Hangout forum
2. I scroll towards the bottom of the forum and select a topic (Ex: Fleas! Please help!)
3. I read the posts in this topic
4. I exit the topic by hitting the Back button or selecting the 'Return to Hangout' button
5. When the Hangout forum page is redisplayed, I am positioned at the very top of the forum page. I must scroll again to
the bottom of the page to read the next topic after 'Fleas! Please help!' (in this case it would be 'Creeper Alert'). In
PS 1 when I hit the Back button the screen stayed positioned at the same place on the Hangout forum and I didn't have to
scroll back down to the bottom to see the next topic.

Hi Aryana,

thank you for that great example. I believe that is a by design feature, but I do like the way you think it should work. I look into it.

In the mean time click on the back button on the browser seems to do the same as you requested.

Thank you for looking into adding this feature. I know it worked this way in PS1.0.

I cannot get the back button to do 'the same as I requested'. The back button takes me to the top of the forum page, also.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Been travelling on vacation and just checked my appraiser profile today. Well, it is there now which is bettthan before, but of course, it is old data and not what I had filled in and "submitted" recently. Although it is more or less correct, it is not the right data and the resume link is broken. Please see the new data I have re-submitted today which seems to have been saved. I would like the correct info avbailable to any who take the time.

Thanks.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Please test the time zone feature now. We believe it has been fixed but please let us know if you have questions. This can be accessed under my pages---my account---edit.
:))

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock

The time zone is working for me now!

I have noticed some people have been able to change their avatars. I still get a red X when I upload so I do not save. Is this an IE thing or is something wrong with me? :tongue:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I was unable to log in this morning, and when I tried it was very confusing to figure out where the heck the log in screen was located. Eventually I found a log in box by clicking on "my account" under my pages... clicking on the "long in to PS here" button did not seem to take me anywhere helpful. When I could not log in and I tried to click on the link you provided in the "Log in problems" thread, it took me to a page that told me that I was not allowed access.

Also, I was trying to search for an old thread of mine and I had to use my original screen name "dreamer_dachsie" to find any of my old threads. I could not get anything to come up using my present screen name.

Finally, I really liked being able to click on people's avatars and easilt find all their threads... is that feature no longer available?

Sorry if I missed anything, I do read this thread but might have missed something.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ella,
The time zone feature isn't working for me. I followed your directions, and it's still the same...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

can't copy and drag the "emoticons" like i used to with the old PS.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Kaleigh said:
Ella,
The time zone feature isn't working for me. I followed your directions, and it's still the same...

Hi Kaleigh,

We have tested it with a non-administrator account and it seems to be working for a number of time zones including all of the US. Is the time not correct for you? How far is it off?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ella,
It's way off. Like hours off. Still is military time.. And the military time isn't right either...

Not a big deal. I am sure you have more pressing issues to address.. But thanks for replying to me...

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

On the pop up appraiser map..our location and zip code is incorrect:

We are in "Medford, Massachusetts" not "Medway."

Correct zip code is 02155.

Thank you.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Kaleigh said:
Ella,
It's way off. Like hours off. Still is military time.. And the military time isn't right either...

Not a big deal. I am sure you have more pressing issues to address.. But thanks for replying to me...

Hmmm. That is odd because for all of our test accounts it works fine.

Is anyone else still having issues with their time zone?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock

Karl_K said:
DiaGem
Paul-Antwerp
John Pollard
Rhino

Are missing trade badges.
I figured out how to turn mine on.

How do I turn the trade badge off? I am just your typical PSer and not affiliated with any jeweler but my posts say ***trade person***

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock

why does my profile suddenly say I am a trade person? How do I change that?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

^^Both of your badges should now be fixed.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock

thanks Ella. Can anyone explain how I get into my account to add info/edit like my ring stats and birthday? When it asked me to log in with my email and password it said invalid "contact administrator"

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ella look at the time in your post to me, 13:12... I will contact Andrey when he has time and have him fix it for me. I know you guys are swamped...

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Kaleigh said:
Ella look at the time in your post to me, 13:12... I will contact Andrey when he has time and have him fix it for me. I know you guys are swamped...

The problem is that mine works. So I cannot see what you see. When I look at your profile it seems correct which is why we are trying to determine why yours is still wrong. Are you saying that my previous post shows as 13:12 to you?

What time does this post say it was made to you? That will help me determine how off it is. We will get it working for you.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

I miss the "Recent Posts" button. Is that gone? It is hard to go through the fora to see where the new posts have been.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

The times are also still messed up for me. I am using IE8.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

CharmyPoo said:
The times are also still messed up for me. I am using IE8.

Is the problem just that it is military time or that it is wrong? And what time zone are you in? And if it is wrong how far is it off and in which direction?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Looks like the problem is fixed for me now. Only thing is that it is showing in military time - I am going to check my profile to see if I can change that.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Uppy said:
I miss the "Recent Posts" button. Is that gone? It is hard to go through the fora to see where the new posts have been.

We are looking to bring it back. One of my favorite features.

In the mean time you can use the following button view-new-posts.png on the main forum page http://www.pricescope.com/forum

Hope that helps

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results