shape
carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

Hmm...the image is on the side of the post and the text is next to it. I don't think that's right. It also takes a lot of scrolling to go through the pics since we had to rename them each time we posted the same photo. Perhaps this is a temporary glitch.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dreamer_dachsie said:
This is so silly, but how do I highlight now? Like, when I quote the PP and then want to highlight part of their text to comment on etc... how do I di this? I cannot locate a highlight function.

I'd like to know this too, I've tried a few tags but they're not working for me

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie said:
dreamer_dachsie said:
This is so silly, but how do I highlight now? Like, when I quote the PP and then want to highlight part of their text to comment on etc... how do I di this? I cannot locate a highlight function.

after you click "quote" then highlight whatever you want then click "Font colour" above and pick your color.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vtigger86 said:
yssie said:
dreamer_dachsie said:

highlight whatever you want then click "Font colour" above and pick your color.

That's font colour though, I want to know if you can/how to highlight - <background-color #ff...

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

cara said:
psadmin said:
cara said:
Is there any easy way to reach an arbitrary page of a long thread? I used to just edit the page number in the http address, but it seems that there is a new system of labeling pages in long threads so it is not straightforward.

For example, I was skimming through the 68-page long baby-stuff thread and was somewhere around page 35 but then lost that browser tab. To get back to page 35, if I start at page 68 I can then move 4 pages or so at a time down (since the options listed are to go directly to page 1...64 65 66 67 68 when I am start on page 68). Then I am on page 64 and can move another few pages down... this will take forever! For reference, the address to page 68 is:

family-home-health/preggo-stuff-baby-stuff-toddler-stuff-post-your-best-finds-here-t81185-2010.html

So I am not sure how to edit it to go directly to page 35, say. It used to be obvious, however.

gotopageimage.png

So I tried this on the above mentioned thread, and it said 'page not found'. Is this feature not working yet?

oops something glitched. It will be fixed soon.

[ edited - Should be working now ]

dgs

Rough_Rock

dgs said:
I haven't read this whole thread as yet and I apologise if this issue has already been brought to your attention.

But the HCA does not show the background graph for the most part. I have tried this in IE.

I played around with the HCA and it appears that it doesn't show the color graph only for specs where table less than 56. It consistently showed up for any combinations where the table was 56 or higher and consistently disappeared for table less than 56 regardless of what the values for other parameters were.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Thx.

I know there are ton of issues that need your attention. So just bumping it up so that it stays on your radar.

I hope this is fixed asap so that the tool is usable again!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

I'm sure this was answered early on but because of the issue, I wasn't able to see the response. At home, it's fine but at work I can't see an entire post if it's more then a few lines or if there are any pictures, I see just the top portion. I'm not sure what IE version we use here but I can't imagine it's too outdated. Help.... ??? :confused:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh said:
I loved seeing PS hit a million posts. Now that we have PS2, will there be a way to see that?? I am into stats..

And please please fix the time.. I know you are working on it....

Jumping around here takes a lot of time. It's giving me a headache..

I am not posting as I used to, it takes too long... :((

Finding threads, quoting, and responding just takes too long. The scrolling is a big issue. Too much wasted space in between responses to threads.

And you can't decipher which thread is a sticky so that takes time....

I will say I gave it a good shot, and will try to continue.

It looks sooooo generic. I am sorry but the old PS had a certain flair that the new one doesn't.

The old PS was to me like The New York times, sophisticated, educated and eloquent...

PS 2.0 is USA Today...

I am a long term member, and had to speak my mind. I love this community.
I hate to see it cheapened, and well, that's how I feel about 2.0.

I look at how many are logged on today. Way down, and yes it's summer... But with this heat and all many are inside and are on their computers.

The number of lurkers is WAY down...

Hoping my feedback is taken in the caring way it was written...

I am with Kaleigh. I am really not posting much on the new PS either. There are a lot of us feeling the same way. :(sad

Hera

Ideal_Rock

I was unable to get on the website for approximately 5 hours. It just timed out after a while and other websites were working fine for me.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Signature links are fixed. THANKS

Please update the appraiser profile when there is time or let me know when to re-submit. It is saved n Pricescope, but will not upload.

Dr_Smith

Rough_Rock

dgs said:
I haven't read this whole thread as yet and I apologise if this issue has already been brought to your attention.

But the HCA does not show the background graph for the most part. I have tried this in IE.

I played around with the HCA and it appears that it doesn't show the color graph only for specs where table less than 56. It consistently showed up for any combinations where the table was 56 or higher and consistently disappeared for table less than 56 regardless of what the values for other parameters were.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Thx.

I too noticed it... started a thread on it here: rockytalky/hca-picture-not-showing-t146108.html

but I should've just checked this thread instead. Thanks again for all the hard work on the site!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It seem like I cant post pictures.
Any on-off button I should know about?

Thanx

Just tried and it didnt go through..., took a long time to try but went blank saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Any one know why? I am on IE Windows 7
"

E B

Ideal_Rock

Maisie said:
Kaleigh said:

I look at how many are logged on today. Way down, and yes it's summer... But with this heat and all many are inside and are on their computers.

I am with Kaleigh. I am really not posting much on the new PS either. There are a lot of us feeling the same way. :(sad

I completely agree, for many of the reasons already listed. The switch from light blue to darker blue (and repeat) for different threads is hard on the eyes, and I miss being able to see which thread was last commented on from the main view, if that makes sense. Oh, and where did a lot of the old threads go? I still refer to those all the time. Well, I used to.

This isn't to say I don't appreciate everything the mods do- you're fantastic. I'm just not a fan.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock

I changed my avatar pic this morning but along the way I picked up a "Trade" badge.

I'm not The Trade, LOL. Is there a way to correct this or does it even matter?

Thank you.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

StonieGrl said:
I changed my avatar pic this morning but along the way I picked up a "Trade" badge.

I'm not The Trade, LOL. Is there a way to correct this or does it even matter?

Thank you.

Sorry glitch in system. It has been corrected for you.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Please focus on troubleshooting the new forum in this thread rather than listing things that you do not like.

Suggestions for features that you'd like/would like back should be added to the suggestion forum as always.

Re: LOGIN PROBLEMS

Thank you. We are aware some of you are having trouble with logging in. Andrey is working on fixing it. In the meantime if you go to "My Pages" and log out, then back in, you should be able to access the forums without trouble.

To help fix this problem, log out before closing the forum.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

I'd like to see the feature return where when you click on a link it opens up in a new window (instead of replacing the original window).

I'd also like to be able to log out easily. I'd like to see log-in and log-out together where the Welcome is.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

heraanderson said:
I was unable to get on the website for approximately 5 hours. It just timed out after a while and other websites were working fine for me.
Yes I was experiencing this for a few hours today too. No problems now though.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Porridge said:
heraanderson said:
Yes I was experiencing this for a few hours today too. No problems now though.

It seems the hosting service had some network issue since last night which they told me they have resolved.

Please let us know if you still experience any other issue like these.

Thank you

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

I scrolled through and didn't see either of these things, so sorry if they are reposted...

#1 -- I'm having a terrible time trying to post from my iPhone (which I use about half the time I'm here). I can log in fine, get to the reply screen, and type out a reply, but when I hit "submit" it just brings me to my user profile page. I can't go back to the previous page where my reply was, either, so the couple times I've tried to reply, it's just been lost. Too much wasted time, and I won't be able to post very much if I can't do it from my phone.

#2 -- When I'm not logged in and read a thread I want to reply to, the login process is so inconvenient. After I go to the login screen and submit my name and password, it brings me to my user profile, rather than back to the page I was viewing before I logged in (which is what PS1 did). Then I have to navigate my way back to the forum and thread I was trying to reply too. It's so much clicking and waiting for pages to load. Is there a way to have the next screen after the login be the page you were viewing before logging in, rather than the user profile?

Thanks!

Aryana

Shiny_Rock

I am having a different scrolling issue. When I select a post to read that is toward the bottom of the forum page, once I exit that post my page refreshes back to the top of the forum page. I then have to scroll back down to read the next post (after the one I first read). PS 1 kept you at the same location on the forum page so that you didn't have to scroll down again to read the next post.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

cara said:
psadmin said:
cara said:
Is there any easy way to reach an arbitrary page of a long thread? I used to just edit the page number in the http address, but it seems that there is a new system of labeling pages in long threads so it is not straightforward.

For example, I was skimming through the 68-page long baby-stuff thread and was somewhere around page 35 but then lost that browser tab. To get back to page 35, if I start at page 68 I can then move 4 pages or so at a time down (since the options listed are to go directly to page 1...64 65 66 67 68 when I am start on page 68). Then I am on page 64 and can move another few pages down... this will take forever! For reference, the address to page 68 is:

family-home-health/preggo-stuff-baby-stuff-toddler-stuff-post-your-best-finds-here-t81185-2010.html

So I am not sure how to edit it to go directly to page 35, say. It used to be obvious, however.

gotopageimage.png

So I tried this on the above mentioned thread, and it said 'page not found'. Is this feature not working yet?

It is fixed now.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Maisie said:
Kaleigh said:
I loved seeing PS hit a million posts. Now that we have PS2, will there be a way to see that?? I am into stats..

And please please fix the time.. I know you are working on it....

Jumping around here takes a lot of time. It's giving me a headache..

I am not posting as I used to, it takes too long... :((

Finding threads, quoting, and responding just takes too long. The scrolling is a big issue. Too much wasted space in between responses to threads.

And you can't decipher which thread is a sticky so that takes time....

I will say I gave it a good shot, and will try to continue.

It looks sooooo generic. I am sorry but the old PS had a certain flair that the new one doesn't.

The old PS was to me like The New York times, sophisticated, educated and eloquent...

PS 2.0 is USA Today...

I want to know that too. It is on the list. :bigsmile:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Octavia said:
I scrolled through and didn't see either of these things, so sorry if they are reposted...

#1 -- I'm having a terrible time trying to post from my iPhone (which I use about half the time I'm here). I can log in fine, get to the reply screen, and type out a reply, but when I hit "submit" it just brings me to my user profile page. I can't go back to the previous page where my reply was, either, so the couple times I've tried to reply, it's just been lost. Too much wasted time, and I won't be able to post very much if I can't do it from my phone.

#2 -- When I'm not logged in and read a thread I want to reply to, the login process is so inconvenient. After I go to the login screen and submit my name and password, it brings me to my user profile, rather than back to the page I was viewing before I logged in (which is what PS1 did). Then I have to navigate my way back to the forum and thread I was trying to reply too. It's so much clicking and waiting for pages to load. Is there a way to have the next screen after the login be the page you were viewing before logging in, rather than the user profile?

Thanks!

Hi Octavia,

The first one is a login issue which we are aware of. We are looking into it. In the mean time if you did not logout the last time your where on and experience this issue; All you need to do is go to the main home page (www.pricescope.com) Then click on the "My pages" tab and logout. Then relogin and everything should be back to normal again. Hope to have this fixed soon.

Fro #2 we understand the problem and hope to fix it too.

Thanks

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Aryana said:
I am having a different scrolling issue. When I select a post to read that is toward the bottom of the forum page, once I exit that post my page refreshes back to the top of the forum page. I then have to scroll back down to read the next post (after the one I first read). PS 1 kept you at the same location on the forum page so that you didn't have to scroll down again to read the next post.

Hi Aryana,

I am not sure what you mean by selecting a post to read and then exiting. What are you clicking on to select it?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

DiaGem said:
It seem like I cant post pictures.
Any on-off button I should know about?

Thanx

Just tried and it didnt go through..., took a long time to try but went blank saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Any one know why? I am on IE Windows 7
"

I will look into it.
I need more computers for testing. :)

Thanks

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock

I looked through this but might have missed it. I can upload pictures to my image control panel, but every time I try to change my avatar I just get a red X so I do not save the changes so I stay with my older blurrier avatar.

I know you aren't looking for suggestions, but when putting in information about the ring in my profile under Ring Specs, the lowest color is N. That leaves out people like me who have much lower colors or fancy colors. Will this be changed so those of us with "non standard" colors can use that section too?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

clgwli said:
I know you aren't looking for suggestions, but when putting in information about the ring in my profile under Ring Specs, the lowest color is N. That leaves out people like me who have much lower colors or fancy colors. Will this be changed so those of us with "non standard" colors can use that section too?

It is not that we aren't looking for suggestions, it is just that we would prefer they were put in the appropriate forum to keep this thread focused on solving problems that users are experiencing. :))

We are working on the photo issues already.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

when i click on the "back button" it always bring me back to top of the page instead of where i left off like the middle of the page,now i needed to scrool down the page to find where i was.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Overall, I like new functionality I've played with on PS. So, thank you for the updates Ali, Andrey, and Ella!

I'm not sure if I missed it, but I used to use the gallery to easily upload pics because the utility auto-sized them - then I would post the image tag in all of my threads. I noticed that all of my picture links in nearly all of my old threads are broken and there is no way to "add new photos" to the gallery.

Is this going to be the status quo? I must say, with the easy shortcut to reduce photo size, I was posting/sharing a lot more because it wasn't as time consuming as attaching a pic to each post.

Also, in the profile section, are we going to have a place to click and view all topics started by this poster/all posts by this poster?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results