carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

can't save any words inside the signature line box...when I try to submit. It simply disappears from the "Edit" page.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock

I keep getting a Gateway timeout when I try to post?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

testing time zone :))

Edited: We got rid of military time but unfortunately there appears to be a bug in the time zone feature. Right now all posts are set to GMT. We will fix this shortly so you can get an accurate time zone for your location.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ella said:
testing time zone :))

Edited: We got rid of military time but unfortunately there appears to be a bug in the time zone feature. Right now all posts are set to GMT. We will fix this shortly so you can get an accurate time zone for your location.

Hey, some of us former Marines LIKE military time...

Wink

(Just kidding, I never ever look at the time)

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

bean said:
hawaiianorangetree said:
I know this isn't imoprtant but whenever i post my avatar appears as the white screen with a red x but the picture is visible on my profile page? How can i fix this? TIA!!

Try making the image smaller, and/ or renaming it

Thank you bean! It took me a few tries but i got there eventually. :sun:

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ella,

A couple of problems. On find local jeweler, does not seem to recognize 5 diget zip codes. I know that they are theoretically longer but do you know yours?

Richard

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

tourmaline_lover said:
Do we no longer have the ability to choose avatars that move, like a flash file? My avatar used to move. Thanks! This is probably not an important question, but I was curious.

I looked over this thread and still don't see an answer to this one. It's my only complaint because my avatar is seriously lame without movement. :D

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

TravelingGal said:
tourmaline_lover said:
Do we no longer have the ability to choose avatars that move, like a flash file? My avatar used to move. Thanks! This is probably not an important question, but I was curious.

I looked over this thread and still don't see an answer to this one. It's my only complaint because my avatar is seriously lame without movement. :D

We will look into this and I am sure we can get this feature back. Right now our top priorities are making sure the glitches with using the forum are resolved so those will be looked at first.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks Ella. I wasn't sure if something was wrong on my end because I could see it looks fine in my profile, but not in posts.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Appraiser listing and map location not appearing for us.

Jeff Averbook, GG
Metro Jewelry Appraisers
101 Mystic Avenue
Medford, MA 02155
www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

dgs

Rough_Rock

I haven't read this whole thread as yet and I apologise if this issue has already been brought to your attention.

But the HCA does not show the background graph for the most part. I have tried this in IE.

I played around with the HCA and it appears that it doesn't show the color graph only for specs where table less than 56. It consistently showed up for any combinations where the table was 56 or higher and consistently disappeared for table less than 56 regardless of what the values for other parameters were.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Thx.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

PT~ If you read back through the entire thread, I think someone told how to remove the tradesperson logo. Good luck.

Today I'm experiencing login issues. I can login but as soon as i go to a forum, it logs me back out. I finally went into Edit Membership and messed around there and somehow remained logged in to post. I would normally just ignore this for the next few days but I'm concerned that once I leave today I'll not be able to log back in again. If this happens, do I just email to try to resolve??

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

PT, if I click on your name (***) I get your real name, too. Scroll back real quick through this thread, someone mentioned how to fix the trade person logo and hopefully that will restore your sign-in name. And email Ella for a delete on the thread where your name was shown.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

MP, thanks. I am going to look for that post right now.

ETA: I found Ella's post. Unfortunately, it just says to email her about Trade Member problems if you are not in the trade, and I sent an email about the whole situation.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

PinkTower said:
MP, thanks. I am going to look for that post right now.

ETA: I found Ella's post. Unfortunately, it just says to email her about Trade Member problems if you are not in the trade, and I sent an email about the whole situation.

The problem with someone's name showing is that right now when a poster quotes someone, your original PS name is shown. In your case PT it appears that you first registered under that name which is the problem. This should not be a problem for others as long as your original login name was not your real name.

I will go back today and edit the posts with the quote and I have alerted Andrey to the problem and he will address it as soon as he can.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

PT, it appears to be fixed now :)) That was fast Andrey!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

MonkeyPie said:
PT, it appears to be fixed now :)) That was fast Andrey!

Luckily it was something I could change for her easily without involving the developers. :))

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock

Not sure how to make a poll anymore... ?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

I loved seeing PS hit a million posts. Now that we have PS2, will there be a way to see that?? I am into stats..

And please please fix the time.. I know you are working on it....

Jumping around here takes a lot of time. It's giving me a headache..

I am not posting as I used to, it takes too long... :((

Finding threads, quoting, and responding just takes too long. The scrolling is a big issue. Too much wasted space in between responses to threads.

And you can't decipher which thread is a sticky so that takes time....

I will say I gave it a good shot, and will try to continue.

It looks sooooo generic. I am sorry but the old PS had a certain flair that the new one doesn't.

The old PS was to me like The New York times, sophisticated, educated and eloquent...

PS 2.0 is USA Today...

I am a long term member, and had to speak my mind. I love this community.
I hate to see it cheapened, and well, that's how I feel about 2.0.

I look at how many are logged on today. Way down, and yes it's summer... But with this heat and all many are inside and are on their computers.

The number of lurkers is WAY down...

Hoping my feedback is taken in the caring way it was written...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

Ella, what has happened to the Hyperlink feature that used to be available when replying to posts in PS1? Is it coming back?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Ella,
I emailed you to say that I couldn't log into PS. When I clicked on log in, I was brought to my own page. The site showed me as logged in, but I couldn't post or use anything on the site. I happened to click on "groups," on my page and that brought up the sign in page. It was a lucky guess on my part. Surely there must be a more straightforward way to log into PS, yes?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

risingsun said:
Ella,
I emailed you to say that I couldn't log into PS. When I clicked on log in, I was brought to my own page. The site showed me as logged in, but I couldn't post or use anything on the site. I happened to click on "groups," on my page and that brought up the sign in page. It was a lucky guess on my part. Surely there must be a more straightforward way to log into PS, yes?

I had the same exact experience Marian, I'm glad I saw your post because I couldn't figure out how to log on so that I could post. I too am wondering if there's an easier way to log on - or maybe there's a glitch in the system? I'm wondering if any other members are having trouble logging on?

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Gailey said:
what has happened to the Hyperlink feature that used to be available when replying to posts in PS1? Is it coming back?

Hi Gailey,

When you reply, click "url" and paste your desired link inside the brackets.
The entire link will show.

To name the link something else (using http://www.pricescope.com as an example), click "url" and type

Picture%2022222.jpg

For the result below:

PS

***We are working on a way to make it easier to post a link and name it something else, so stay tuned***

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, Ella, for being so quick to respond and correct the problem!

-Pink Tower

cara

Ideal_Rock

psadmin said:
cara said:
Is there any easy way to reach an arbitrary page of a long thread? I used to just edit the page number in the http address, but it seems that there is a new system of labeling pages in long threads so it is not straightforward.

For example, I was skimming through the 68-page long baby-stuff thread and was somewhere around page 35 but then lost that browser tab. To get back to page 35, if I start at page 68 I can then move 4 pages or so at a time down (since the options listed are to go directly to page 1...64 65 66 67 68 when I am start on page 68). Then I am on page 64 and can move another few pages down... this will take forever! For reference, the address to page 68 is:

family-home-health/preggo-stuff-baby-stuff-toddler-stuff-post-your-best-finds-here-t81185-2010.html

So I am not sure how to edit it to go directly to page 35, say. It used to be obvious, however.

gotopageimage.png

So I tried this on the above mentioned thread, and it said 'page not found'. Is this feature not working yet?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is so silly, but how do I highlight now? Like, when I quote the PP and then want to highlight part of their text to comment on etc... how do I di this? I cannot locate a highlight function.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have the same error, jump to page does not work for me.

Also, another error seems to be at post 31, clicking to jump to the last post if the post is 31 brings to a page not found error, it is still on page 1 apparently, instead of page 2, which post 31 suggest. Probably same error for 61, 91, etc... Have yet to encounter those.

justme1

Shiny_Rock

Subscribing to threads is not working for me...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

I think that the Image storage is working now. I'm going to try a test post. HOF%20reset%20deck%202%20010%20bbee.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results