shape
carat
color
clarity

We had to say goodbye today

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
We had to say goodbye to our black lab Jasper today. She was 13 1/2 and we knew it was time to let her go. I''ve had her since she was 10 weeks old, before my kids were born. She was like my first child. I am so sad. If you have a minute to wish her well, it would mean a lot to me. Thanks.

jasper.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, iluvcarats, what a sweet sweet fur baby. I am so sorry for your pain and aching today. Labs are just wonderful lovebugs. I''m sure Jasper had 13 1/2 years of your loving care, which I know she is talking about with other pups somewhere in a heavenly doggie park.

Hugs to you and your family.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
iluvcarats I am so sorry that you had to let your furbaby go. She must have had a wonderful 13 1/2 years with you. ((hugs)) to you.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
For a dog as big as a lab, that''s a long life. You must have been doing something right. Just remember, you did right by her and that''s what''s most important. Hugs

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry for your loss. Jasper is watching over you in doggie heaven.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my heart goes out to you. What a beautiful sweetheart. I am so sorry for your loss that words just fail me.

39.gif

You have a new angel looking out for you and your family today.

Prayers and hugs sent your way

Mrs.2Artists

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thank you
Jas
SDL
happy in love
BIH
qtiekiki
2artists

Your kind words mean a lot to me.
She was truly a special girl.

samjasper.jpg

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
The pictures with your children are priceless. She looks so happy. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. That is truely the hardest part of owning a pet. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Oh! I''m so sorry! A dog can be the best friend a human can ever know.
Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Remember, there are a lot of ''doggy humans'' (or ''animal-loving humans'' ) that really DO understand why you are sad.
What a lucky lab, to have been able to share a life with you!
35.gif

All the best iluvcarats! and to Jasper, may she rest in peace.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Those pictures are so tender. What a dear loving soul. This must be so hard on your dear children too.
7.gif

Mrs.2Artists

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my,
39.gif
What a loss for you and your family. I grew up with labs, they are amazing dogs. So sweet and loyal. Jasper was all that and more to you I''m sure. I am sending you a hug, and praying for you.
12.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I''m so sorry. My dog was sick recently and I was just devastated. It can be so hard to lose a furry friend.

I''m sure she had a very happy doggie life. And it''s clear that she was loved very much. You''re in my thoughts.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
iluvcarats and Jasper, you will be in my prayers.
I hope Jasper is meeting new friends and having as much good treats as he wants wherever he is now.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. Jasper was obviously so loved and will be missed.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so so sorry for your loss!
39.gif
She lived a long and happy life, that''s the most we can hope for with our beloved pets, and I''m sure she will live on in your memory and in your children''s memories too! I love those pictures of them hugging her, that is the sweetest thing!

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss. She''s a beautiful dog-Labs just lovely. Big hugs iluvcarats.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Im so sorry, Iluvcarats. I know how pets truly become a part of the family, and its so horrible to lose theml!! Wishing you much strength during this difficult time. *Hugs*

ETA: Those pics are absolutely priceless....they brought tears to my eyes!!! She is such a pretty girl!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry
7.gif
it is terribly difficult losing a pet but your Jasper looked well loved for and happy, he looks like he had a really happy life.

Hugs to you and your family

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry on the loss of your furry friend. He had a good life with you and I''m sure was very happy and most important loved. All of us dog lovers know what you are going through and will be thinking of you, your family and your doggie today.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I see Jasper chasing heavenly squirrels across the sky...
emrose.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry.
39.gif
It is so hard to lose a furry family member especially one that has been with the family that long! I will keep her in my prayers. ((HUGE Hugs))

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ILC, I am so sorry. Our pets mean so much to us. I know you will miss her. RIP Jasper

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry, iluvcarats. I like to think Jasper is romping around with all of our furbabies who have already gone up to doggy heaven.

I know it is so terribly difficult to say goodbye to a beloved pet, and my heart is with you and your family, and your baby girl Jasper right now, sweetie.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about your sweet dog Jasper, prayers and hugs outgoing for you and your family
emrose.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so sorry about your dog Jasper
39.gif
!!!. I know how difficult it is to say goodbye. It is absolutely heartbreaking. You are losing a member of your family.

I hope this poem will help you, during this difficult time. A dear friend sent it to me, when we lost our last Lhasa in 1999. It was very comforting for DH and I.

Lend Me A Pup

I will lend to you for awhile
a puppy, God said,
For you to love him while he lives
and to mourn for him when he is gone.
Maybe for twelve or fourteen years,
or maybe for two or three
But will you, till I call him back
take care of him for me?

He''ll bring his charms to gladden you
and (should his stay be brief)
you''ll always have his memories
as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise that he will stay,
since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught below
I want this pup to learn.

I''ve looked the whole world over
in search of teachers true
And from the folk that crowd life''s land
I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love
Nor think the labour vain
Nor hate me when I come to take my pup back again.

I fancied that I heard them say
"Dear Lord Thy Will Be Done,"
For all the joys this pup will bring,
the risk of grief you''ll run.
Will you shelter him with tenderness
Will you love him while you may
And for the happiness you''ll know forever grateful stay.

But should I call him back
much sooner than you''ve planned
Please brave the bitter grief that comes
and try to understand.
If, by your love, you''ve managed
my wishes to achieve,
In memory of him that you''ve loved,
cherish every moment with your faithful bundle,
and know he loved you too.

-Author Unknown

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Boo...

I''m so sorry iluvcarats. That is soooooooo hard. May the happiness that Jasper brought to you, your children and the world be a happy memory for all of your life.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please take comfort in the many years you had with your sweep pup and know how lucky she was to have had such a loving family. Biggest hugs outing.

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Well wishes have been sent to your sweet Jasper. What a wonderful life I''m sure she had with your family. Now she''s playing hard at the rainbow bridge!

I think I''ll give my dog an extra hug and kiss tonight.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Just seeing the pictures of your sweet Jasper makes me tear up. I have a soft spot in my heart for black labs as I grew up with one. I can well remember the ache you must be feeling today -- we went through it two summers ago when our German Shepherd died. I''m thinking of you and your family and your lovely Jasper. Take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results