shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just catching up now Ebree. I am sorry. It''s hard. But I have every confidence you''ll be pregnant soon. You have a great attitude, so wishing you all the best going forward!!!
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree - so sorry to hear your news. You sound very strong and you''re definitely staying positive which is a good sign. Just know we are here for you whenever you need us!
5.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, I''m so sorry to hear this news. Hugs to you and lots of baby dust for your next cycle!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I''ve been trying to log in from my husband''s mac for ages, and it''s not working. I wanted to come in and wish Ebree the best of luck with the bebe dust, I''m sorry to hear the news.
7.gif
I know that you''ll be successful when the time comes!

As for us, with many friends and family around us miscarrying and having fertility problems recently (seems to be an influx at the moment, sadly), my husband and I have decided to go off the pill after I finish this last pack. Should we get lucky right away, it won''t be a problem, so we figured we''d just get the ball rolling. Hopefully my cycles go back to their former ways (although I must admit I''m scared of what my cycles may be after a decade of hormone birth control!) relatively soon.

Good luck to all TTCers!

E B

Ideal_Rock
TG, Kaleigh, blushingbride, Gemma and Amber,

Thank you all so much. Keeping a positive attitude is everything!
1.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Ebree: I just wanted to say that I''m sorry to hear your news, but get the feeling that you have a really positive attitude. wishing you all the best as you and your hubby move forward and sending heaps of dust your way!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
EBree,

Im very sorry about everything. Sending you and your DH lots of baby dust!!! Best of luck!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
ebree: just popping in to give you hugs and good vibes. please take care of yourself!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, I am sorry for what happened, but know that when the time is right, the right baby will find you! Sending positive, sticky vibes!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, so sorry about your news. You have a great attitude though and I hope things happen quickly for you this time.

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Ebree - I am so sorry for your loss! I know exactly how you feel right now because I found out we lost our baby at 12 weeks. I just had a D & C done on Monday morning, and still trying to heal physically and mentally. I''m glad you are still staying positive about this. My husband and I are going to try again after we get the okay from our doctor. She told me she wanted me to wait 2 months before trying, so that''s what we are going to do. Let''s hope the next time, it will stick for the both of us. Good luck and keep us posted!

E B

Ideal_Rock
lulu, Dani, Charger, jas, dixie and radiant,

You're all so sweet- thank you so much for the kind words and baby dust. I'm accepting all I can get.
1.gif

radiant,

I am so, so sorry. It's one of the hardest things to go through, something no one should have to. Next time will be sticky for both of us, though, I just know it. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here to listen. Big hugs to you and your husband.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree- I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I was just reading your other post about judgement and family. I know what a difficult time this can be and I am sorry you have additional stress from your mom. I hope she comes around. I''m glad that you and your husband can figure out what is right for the both of you on your own.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all- just wanted to vent for a minute and am curious what you all think...
TTC and I think I bd''d at the right time (I don''t temp but I think I have middlesmertz-I don''t know how to spell it). About one week after that- a week before AF would be do, I noticed my breasts were sore- of course I was thinking good sign! because I really want to be pregnant and I don''t recall having pms symptoms an entire week before AF is due. Like a sort of insane person, I started taking preg tests like nobody''s business and have been sort of obssessed with the idea that I might be pregnant. I did realize that it was too early but I couldn''t really stop taking them. Fast forward to the day I thought AF was due- nothing. Breasts still sore a little. Next day- very irritable, fri irritable, today irritable. Still neg hpts. Then I feel cramping and when I went to the br, I saw a little pink on the tp. Thinking it''s a good sign- maybe implantation bleeding? Maybe my period? I dunno. So all of today, very minimal spotting- not like a period, and cramping.
I am soooooo confused. Anyone experience a similar situation? I want to be hopeful but also realistic that this might not be my month. Thanks for listening :)

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
PaveLover: sounds like it could be implantation bleeding but it should be light and scant and not last too long.

As for the Preg. tests. The best ones you can actually buy over ebay that are highly sensitive to 20 miu/ml of HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) the same one most docs use.

The other tests go for 25, 30,40 HCG and it take a lot longer to tell.

Not sure if the 5 days before AF tests (OTC) are sensitive to 20 or not.

My last Pregnancy it took 2 wks post ovulation to return a faint light strip on the 20 HCG test. The next day a blood test confirmed 540 HCG and we were off and running.

We are trying too.

The ovulation predictor strip says "go for it" so we did and will again.

Good luck and keep us informed!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa,
Thanks so much for writing back. I think AF came today, but it doesn''t really seem like a "normal period". It is strange, but I guess I will just wait and see what happens next. I''m pretty disappointed but we''ll just have to try harder next month
emsmilep.gif
. Thanks again for your support. I''ll look into some of those tests you told me about. I am confused though because I thought the hpt were pretty sensitive. I can''t imagine there is a big difference between the tests that read as low as 20 vs. the test that read at 25.
Anyway, here''s wishing some babydust on all of us!!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
The OTC tests don''t indicate what level they are sensitive to on the box and they can get away with allowing higher senisitivities as most of the public won''t know about degrees.

Although, I think the 5 days sooner ones are more sensitive but to 20 miu?

Ultimately the best test is blood.

The ebay ones are really cheap, I got 25 strips at 20 miu for a total of $9 including shipping from a gal in Canada.

They come in a clinical white packet and are pretty small. Hell with these you can test every day of the month!

Are you using the ovulation predictor strips?

And the cervical mucus thing in addition to the mittleschmirtz that you mentioned.

Although by the time you have Mittle.....it may be too late and the egg has left the building too far to be fertillized.

Keep us posted
4.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, as of Friday, I am officially off the pill for the first time in nine years. I''m a little afraid of what all my cycles will be like- crampy, bloated, mood swings... It''s strange because before the pill I had no problems, once I was hormoned up, I had the worst cramps. Anyway, big step for us! How''re the rest of the TTCers?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I can tell you that I felt so much better being off the pill. I used to get really bad headaches and those went away instantly - not to mention, I wasn''t as emotional, etc.

I bought the book TCOYF about 4 months ago and decided that this cycle I would use the CD that comes with the book and start temping/charting. The CD gives you a free trial and after 15 days you can opt to purchase the program. I think I''m going to buy it since I''d have to pay to use Fertility Friend''s charting programs.

I''m only 5 days into it, but I''m curious to see when I ovulate and hopefully, I am in fact ovualting!
33.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Blushingbride & Amberwaves I''m all for charting, temp. testing and the rest but you can go to a OB

and get a transvaginal ultrasound (about $200) and see for sure if you have a follicle or not. Right about mid-cycle.

This is pretty definitive.

When the follicle is 22 - 24 mm in size you generally ovulate and can get preggers.

I did this and had a 18 mm about to take off.

OB said call in sick to work in 2 days and do it!

We did and ............See avatar, Miss Olivia was made.

How clinical is that? I even have a photo of the egg about to leave the building!
emdgust.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, all!
1.gif

Can I join the party?

A little about me:

DH and I have been married for almost 6-years. We have a 4 1/2 year old daughter. We got pregnant a month after marriage - an unplanned surprise. I am 33 and DH is 36 and we FINALLY feel we are ready for another child
36.gif
Though we''re stilled scared to death about it all - we don''t want DD to be our only child and it''s not like we''re getting any young
20.gif

I''m ready to do this! We''re not "planning" our "time together", we''re just not preventing. One of my good friends and her DH have been trying for several months and it''s really put a strain on their marraige so DH and I decided to just let it happen. If we don''t get pregant in 4-months or so, then we''ll talk about timing.

I''ve been timing my cycles on ladytimer.com, just for my information, and I''m a 26-day cycle.

So DH and I BD''d early Sunday morning (1am). I went to enter that information into my ladytimer and it turns out that I''m o''ing today until Thursday. Does this mean that we have a chance of becoming preggo from Sunday''s lovin?

I know we should add a little more fuel to the fire by hooking-up again tonight, but just wanted to see what you gals think.

Ooohhh, this is gonna get exciting!!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi blushing, Lisa and Metro! (Welcome!)

Lisa, seriously, I love the idea of knowing Fol"Elvi"cal is about to leave the building. Get it? Elvis? No? Eh. I suck.
1.gif

Metro, we''re also in the "not preventing" but not planning stage. We''ve only been married for about 5 months, but we''ve been together four years, and have known each other (and previously dated) about 10 years now. So we''re ready, he''s 29 I''ll be 29 in November.

I''d really just rather see what happens, and if nothing "happens" by July, perhaps I''ll start charting all that!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Metro - welcome!
35.gif
I''ve heard of some people getting pregnant 5 days before ovulating so, if your hubby has some strong swimmers, it''s possible!

9.gif
LOL...Amberwaves! You''re too funny...

I''m such a planner so, maybe that''s why I''m charting
3.gif
, but mainly because I am curious to see when I ovulate. Maybe I''ll just do it for a month or two to get the hang of things, but we are supposed to officially start trying next month so, we''ll see what happens. We are stillusing protection esp. since we have a big trip to Europe planned in July and I was nervous about being too far along during our trip.

It''s soooo exciting though to think of us as trying soon!

metro

Brilliant_Rock

I just re-read my post - wow, too much coffee. Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors.

38.gif

Another question for you gals:

Anyone TTC taking daily medication for cholesterol? Or any other daily meds?

I just started taking Antara about 2-weeks ago for high cholesterol (hereditary). I don''t like the thought of taking medication while TTC/pregnant; though my Dr. assures me it''s okay. I don''t like the thought of putting meds into my system that could have effects on the fetus or baby when nursing.

I''m worried about that....

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Metro, to answer your question: YES! I''m an asthmatic, terribly bad, actually. I''m taking claritin, advair and rarely now, my albuterol inhaler. These meds are okay to take during pregnancy according to my doc, but I''m going to halt the claritin. Advair is absolutely a necessity, though, and I must take it. At a time I was taking about 6 different meds daily, so this is really pared down. Honestly, if your doctor says it''s okay, I think it''s fine.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Metro, safefetus.com is an awesome resource. I still look things up since I am BFing.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
AmberWaves and Tacori - thank you so much for the info! I doubt that I''m preggo BUT if/when I do become pregnant, then I want to make sure I don''t do anything that would impact my pregnancy in a negitive way.

I didn''t know I was pregnant my 1st time around and I drank, smoked and took diet pills during my first month of pregnancy
7.gif
I was SO SCARED for the health and development of the baby because of my actions. Though I no longer smoke
9.gif
and I rarely drink, I''d don''t want to go through that worry again.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies. Have any of you used the ept sticks to check for ovulation? I am trying them this month. Yesterday I think I had a clunker cause the reference line didn''t show up. Hoping for smooth sailing for me and for all of us.
So you all are fond of TCOYF? I wanna check it out. I don''t think I''m gonna start charting or temping.
Glad to see some more activity on this thread. It''s good to have people who are going through the same things. Baby dust for everyone :)

Lisa- thanks again for the info re the tests and signs of the right time. I am finding it hard not to get obssessed with this new chapter...curious how other people spend the two weeks between bd and waiting for AF? I burned through an awful lot of hpt and caused myself unneeded stress I think. If you guys have any good tips let me know

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Pave, as I''ve literally just started this whole TTC thing, and the pills aren''t even out of my system yet, I have no advice, but I wanted to wish you luck! As I''m usually obsessive about things I''m hoping I may be a little less insane about this, since we really don''t want to make conceiving into a task- or too methodical, ya know? So we''re just letting my system flush itself out, and then we''ll go from there- so no tests here yet.

Good luck!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
EBree, AmberWaves, pavelover, lisa, metro (and anyone else I may have missed) - lots of baby dust to you! How exciting! So many of you TTC. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results