shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Great advice Snlee! BTW - were you BDing everyday during ovulation or every other (sorry if it''s too much info), just trying to gain some knowledge on all this.
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 1:19:05 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Snlee, I just want to say I love how you said, 'If you want you can mix it up'. Oh, to be able to pee on a stick. I have the hardest time peeing in a cup, I fear for my hands.
Might as well get practice PIAC since we'll have to when pregnant!
2.gif
I actually PIAC all three times. I've read it's more accurate than POAS. With the $1 tests, you have to PIAC, then you use a plastic dropper provided to put the urine on the stick.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 1:43:48 PM
Author: blushingbride
Great advice Snlee! BTW - were you BDing everyday during ovulation or every other (sorry if it''s too much info), just trying to gain some knowledge on all this.
2.gif
We BD''ed every other day.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 1:48:38 PM
Author: snlee
Date: 2/21/2008 1:19:05 PM
Might as well get practice PIAC since we''ll have to when pregnant!
2.gif
I actually PIAC all three times. I''ve read it''s more accurate than POAS. With the $1 tests, you have to PIAC, then you use a plastic dropper provided to put the urine on the stick.

Haha, very true!
Congrats again Snlee!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
snlee, just wanted to congratulate you again over here! All that practice of peeing in cups will definitely come in handy over the next 9 months!

Dollar store tests. LOVE THEM. I used them with my first pregnancy and it is amazing how early you can get an accurate result. I was at 12dpo the first time and got a clear, dark, unmistakable line. Of course, I took a million more and also went and got a few digital ones as well but the dollar ones are just as good. I just happened to have one left this time around so I took it when I was "sure" there was no chance I was pregnant and that dark pink line came up in seconds. DH didn''t trust it so I had to take a digital one as well to prove to him that the dollar ones work just as well! It is pretty cool to see it say PREGNANT on the digital ones though! I made sure to take photos because the word fades away after a while. Oh yeah, I''ve saved every positive test that I took. Gross but I guess I''m just sentimental like that!
2.gif

Sending tons of baby vibes to everyone here who is actively ttc. I wish I could give you all some more tricks/advice but this time was a complete shock to me. My husband just whispers at me and I get pregnant! So just relax, try not to obsess and have fun with it!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 2:43:25 PM
Author: curlygirl
snlee, just wanted to congratulate you again over here! All that practice of peeing in cups will definitely come in handy over the next 9 months!

Dollar store tests. LOVE THEM. I used them with my first pregnancy and it is amazing how early you can get an accurate result. I was at 12dpo the first time and got a clear, dark, unmistakable line. Of course, I took a million more and also went and got a few digital ones as well but the dollar ones are just as good. I just happened to have one left this time around so I took it when I was ''sure'' there was no chance I was pregnant and that dark pink line came up in seconds. DH didn''t trust it so I had to take a digital one as well to prove to him that the dollar ones work just as well! It is pretty cool to see it say PREGNANT on the digital ones though! I made sure to take photos because the word fades away after a while. Oh yeah, I''ve saved every positive test that I took. Gross but I guess I''m just sentimental like that!
2.gif

Sending tons of baby vibes to everyone here who is actively ttc. I wish I could give you all some more tricks/advice but this time was a complete shock to me. My husband just whispers at me and I get pregnant! So just relax, try not to obsess and have fun with it!
I definitely need to remember that - it''s so easy to get caught up with everything!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the great advice! You''d think I''d be good at PIAC, after all, I''ve had about 15 UTIs in my life.
20.gif

Happy and Healthy 9 mos to you, and here''s hoping for the rest of us.
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ummm...you better get used to peeing in a cup since you will have to at EVERY SINGLE doctor''s visit. It get VERY hard towards the end when you can''t see where you are aiming. I am very pro peeing in a cup for testing b/c we retested 3 times (and no waiting to pee again!) plus I messed up them a few times (too much urine, not enough...) I think tested with a cup full of pee is SO much easier. Use a disposable cup though
14.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 9:41:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
ummm...you better get used to peeing in a cup since you will have to at EVERY SINGLE doctor''s visit. It get VERY hard towards the end when you can''t see where you are aiming. I am very pro peeing in a cup for testing b/c we retested 3 times (and no waiting to pee again!) plus I messed up them a few times (too much urine, not enough...) I think tested with a cup full of pee is SO much easier. Use a disposable cup though
14.gif
LOL! Use a wide disposable cup.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 10:08:21 PM

14.gif

9.gif

I wish. My doc''s office uses those standard, shot like cups. You just have to kind of move it around until you can hear it hit the bottom!
3.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 10:32:15 PM
Date: 2/21/2008 10:08:21 PM

14.gif

9.gif

I wish. My doc''s office uses those standard, shot like cups. You just have to kind of move it around until you can hear it hit the bottom!
3.gif
What fun...I can''t wait!
14.gif
At least at home you can use wide cups.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee, not to scare you or anyone else but pregnancy (and L&D) ain''t pretty. Having pee on my hand certainly wasn''t the worst thing that happened! But it is all worth it. How fun you will have a halloween baby. My little one decided to miss that party.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, are you scaring the ladies on TTC!!!
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 11:30:10 PM
Author: LitigatorChick
31.gif

Who me?!?
11.gif
12.gif
9.gif
I am just constantly amazed by how certain things (modesty, clean clothes, privacy, etc...) don''t matter once you have a baby. Wouldn''t you agree?

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 11:37:42 PM

Date: 2/22/2008 11:30:10 PM
Author: LitigatorChick
31.gif

Who me?!?
11.gif
12.gif
9.gif
I am just constantly amazed by how certain things (modesty, clean clothes, privacy, etc...) don''t matter once you have a baby. Wouldn''t you agree?
OMG, you are soooo right, Tacori.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Tacori (and Lit!), you are so right. Lucky me, I have no modesty anyway! Should I not admit that? Since I''ve nannied, I''m not a stranger to blowouts, hotdog scented vomit (as a vegetarian, that was baad), and the awkward baby-trying-to-nurse on my non-lactating self moments- which was soooo strange. Still, I really do appreciate the advice. This is why I''m a lurker on the Pregnant Psers!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2008 1:05:17 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Tacori (and Lit!), you are so right. Lucky me, I have no modesty anyway! Should I not admit that? Since I''ve nannied, I''m not a stranger to blowouts, hotdog scented vomit (as a vegetarian, that was baad), and the awkward baby-trying-to-nurse on my non-lactating self moments- which was soooo strange. Still, I really do appreciate the advice. This is why I''m a lurker on the Pregnant Psers!

Well you won''t fear for your hands after a few appointments either! Isn''t it crazy how much poop can come out of a little, itty baby? Scary!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I appreciate all the advice too, which is why I''ve been following the Pregnant PS''ers thread! So thank you for your honesty. I know motherhood won''t be all rosy.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
seriously, man. A baby can only eat so much, where does the poop COME from???

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee, but it *is* worth it!
30.gif

Amber, seriously I do not know!
14.gif
Who knew milk made you so gassy too?!? Baby farts are NO joke!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock

i was sooo shy to have the dr look at my hooha at regular visits. once i got pregnant, especially at the end, you don''t care if they invite an army to have a look as long as they get the baby out...although i was petrified of pooping on the table like my friend...thank god i didn''t.

as far as other gross things--farting, pooping, peeing all over, the smells, the stains...all of it....you really don''t care because no matter what this little person does it''s the cutest thing ever......except when my son rocketed poop across the room at 3am and it hit the wall.....that wasn''t cute...it was hilarious and dh and i cleaned it up with tears streaming down our faces from laughing so hard because we were beyond sleep deprived and we couldn''t believe this 10 pound baby blasted it out...lol--thats why i''m lurking here, because we are deciding when we want to try again and i need reminders of all the "fun" stuff...lol

9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, yes, I know it''s all worth it and I''m so looking forward to it!
1.gif

NYC, your son''s rocketing poop story cracked me up!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG NYC that is so funny!

Okay, because I care about you ladies and I am a very honest and open person I will admit it not only did I poop on the table (small amount, I think more than once) I SO didn''t care. It wasn''t embarrassing to me. The nurse actually congratulated me b/c she said I was pushing correctly. Like NYC said, all I wanted was for the baby to be out.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this thread has gotten into my brain more than I thought because for the past 3 nights, I''ve had dreams about getting pregnant, and in last night''s dream, I was having twins.

I''m an extremely modest person but apparently, all modesty goes out the window when you''re pregnant. This is something I should work on getting used to when the time comes.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, don''t worry. I used to be very modest too. I don''t think it is something you have to work on. It just kind of goes away.

Oh, no....dreams....the urge is there then huh?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Haha, Zoe, me, too, but in an odd way! I had a dream last night that I had a baby pug instead of a baby! What does THAT mean??

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Snlee!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been checking in on this thread sporadically for a while, and decided it was time to come out of lurkdom. I went off BCP in October (after 17 years) and we used other BC for the first 2 months. At this point, we are not doing anything to prevent conception, but aren''t charting (other than me counting total days in a cycle) or aiming BD at O time.

My first cycle post-BCP was 28 days, then 22 days, then 26 days. I am currently on day 47 of my fourth cycle. I don''t think I am PG, but I am really late. Is it possible to be 4 weeks PG and not have any symptoms? I haven''t had any cramps, spotting, breast soreness or other symptoms people have described here. Also, because of work travel, we didn''t BD around day 14. I am on vacation now, but if AF doesn''t show up before I get home in 3 days, I guess I need to go buy a HPT. Any brand recommendations?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Kay, thank you! Looks like your cycles are still becoming regular so 47 days could be just a long cycle. But I would definitely take a HPT! You may be one of the lucky ones without any symptoms. You may have ovulated earlier or later so it could have happened even if you didn't BD around day 14 First Response Early Result is good. There's also some comments above about dollar store tests. They are just as reliable. So really, any HPT will do. Good luck. Keep us posted!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay, I was having 40 day cycles after I got off BC (so it is possible). I used first response and one of the digital onces (b/c we were in such disbelief).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results