Brilliant_Rock
OK OK - BREAKING NEWS

Psycho Lisa on the loose again here!

Guys, I POAS at 4:40 PM and........

There are 2 lines
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif

I skipped yest. b/c I was still smarting from the whole white Alaskan refuge white I had Monday night.

Now I''m 12 & 11 dpIUI''s and probably O''d on 7/21 (10 days ago).

Now I gotta pee on that digital!

More to come............

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 7:52:40 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
OK OK - BREAKING NEWS

Psycho Lisa on the loose again here!

Guys, I POAS at 4:40 PM and........

There are 2 lines
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif

I skipped yest. b/c I was still smarting from the whole white Alaskan refuge white I had Monday night.

Now I''m 12 & 11 dpIUI''s and probably O''d on 7/21 (10 days ago).

Now I gotta pee on that digital!

More to come............
Wow, I sure hope the digital reads out Prego for you, Lisa. And I hope your next baby is as much a cutie as your little one now. So, so so precious!!
9.gif

Just as soon (and I mean AS SOON) as I get anything even somewhat similar to a second line, I''m going to get a digital. Can''t confuse that, now can you?

Today, I''m at day 47, which has been my cut off for my longest cycle so far. So, I''m totally confused and I feel no symptoms of starting any time soon, and I gave in and peed on a stick last night (maybe should have waited for the AM, I know...) and it was negative. Not even a hint of anything (and believe me, I looked thoroughly).

Now I''m worried that my cycles are totally too long and I''m not even ovulating or something stupid like that. I don''t have temp changes that are notable (although I was on vacation for a majority of the month and didn''t have a regular schedule, which I''m sure messed that up). I''ve been trying to find information about whether or not longer, irregular cycles are a sign of not ovulating, but no luck so far.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies - Hope all is well.

Amber - I''m glad you are alright after that earthquake. Good luck with the BD''ing this weekend! I totally understand how weird the whole dynamic can be...

Congrats again Blen!

BB - you better test soon! My other cycle triplet is prego...I think we could do 2/3!

Lisa - any new info?

NYC - Welcome!

Lulu - When AFF was early, and I was thinking it could possibly be something else...I was complaining to DH about how annoyed I was with my body and that I just wanted to know what was going on...And he VERY insightful...and said I better get used to not knowing what is going on in my body - cause when I get preggo, well, that is going to be the next nine months. But still. Feh. Also, are you still a practicing lawyer? What sort of practice to do you?

Generally, I''m doing alright. I''m keeping my cranky pants to myself, so as to not rain on the parade of our NEWEST JERKSTORES AND POSSIBLE FUTURE JERKSTORES. Frankly, I''m a bit blah over the whole AFF coming early...thinking it was something else...it really got my hopes up. So that she could CRUSH them like the mean old suckasssss that she is. So yeah. Feh. I''m still a bit blue. Disappointed. Plus...this whole TTC thing stinks...Because AFF normally sucks anyway, what with the cramps, the bloating and the mood swings...but then add disappointment to the mix and you''ve got a real crap sundae. And that is where I currently residing. CrapSundae, USA.

As for the boy or girl thing...well, here''s the thing. Even before I wanted kids, I was overwhelmed with the desire to dress baby girls. Also, I love girl names. And girl stuffs. BUT I think I''d be alright with either. I''ve fallen in love with my friends'' son Eli...so I''ve realized I will love my future child even if it is a boy.
31.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 11:06:15 PM
Author: mela lu

Date: 7/29/2008 10:19:20 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1

Mela - Spot-on about Olivia''s sauciness. She''s kicking our butts! I mean she''s a lot of kid wrapped into one.
She loves opera commercials I discovered today. And she''s always hiding her cookies, crackers under the car seat so there is a crumble nightmare awaiting.
How do u feel about having a ''boy?''

Do u guys have preference?

This can be a sensitive quest. most people say ''I just want the baby to be healthy.....''

Come on deep down inside what do u want?
This is not a sensitive question for me. I want a girl. I''d be happy with all girls. ''Girls girls girls.'' I''m very indifferent about having a boy. Naturally, DH wants a boy and wants someone to carry on his Surname. For that reason, if this first baby IS in fact a boy - then I''m ''happy'' to just get it over with (make DH happy) and then focus the next pregnancy(ies) on GIRL GIRL GIRL. hahaha.
17.gif

Either way, I just want to get PG and stay PG. That is my first hurdle. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen I''ll warp out about the sex of the baby. LOL. Oh, and to make things more interesting, DH and I agree that we don''t want to know the sex of the baby prior to it''s birth. oh ya, 9 months of speculation and predictions. Can''t wait!
11.gif
I used to want a little girl for my first baby, so so badly! I love the idea of having a girl to watch grow up, to have all those fun moments I loved as a child (playing kitchen and "cooking" for my parents, having my mom do my hair, etc.... so much fun!!), but I absolutely adore the way little boys love their mommies! I work with the little ones (ages 3-4) at church and it''s so cute to see how very excited the boys get to see mommy after she''s been away for an hour or so. Oh to be that mommy getting all that good sugar! And almost every time we have crafts or color, the girls make theirs for their daddy and the boys make theirs for mommy.

Anyway, I don''t care what I have first. I do want a little girl and I think I would be more sad if I had a boy and never had a girl rather than if I had a boy and never had a girl. If that makes sense.

At this point, I just want to grow a child in good health who doesn''t make me puke every day of pregnancy who I can love and teach and watch over and help grow into a good person.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
hey Fishy, have you been to see your doctor? I think you should! Better to know sooner than later if something yucky is causing those loooong cycles. Most yucky stuff is fixable these days, so you don''t have to panic! But you just might want to know so you can get to fixing it!

Liiiiiissssaaaaa! The suspense is killing me!

I expect a good handful of you to be jerkstores this month! Got that?!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Fisher this is an interesting resource that may help you find answers to your questions about your cycle www.ovusoft.com it is the companion site for TCOYF. There are forums with women who are as knowledgable about cycles as we are about diamonds
2.gif
Many of the women have fertility issues, so try not to get too bogged down with the high numbers of women who have issues, but if you can maintain your own positivity it can be a really good resource. As for your cycle so far, if you are not seeing a clear temp shift and you have been temping since CD-1, then it is likely that so far you have not ovulated. A temp shift is at least a .20 F shift up above the highest temp from the previous six days, which is sustained for at least 3 days (though usually the shift will last for about 10 - 16 days). Anovulatory cycles tend to have lots of random variation all over the place. But I was on fertility friend today and reading the boards, and there are many many women with loooooong cycles who get preggers no problemo! They just ovulate on CD 30 or CD 40 or even CD 130! But it can also be a sign of problems so keeping track and collecting all the information you can could be a good idea. Or take the "time will tell" approach, it is all about faith without real proof in the TTC and preggo game anyways...

Lisa that is a line, no question... if you had a totally blank test two days ago it sure seems unlikely that this one is the trigger, no?
33.gif
I think tomorrows test will tell for sure, and then a blood test? What did the RE say to do? I know that you weren't supposed to test for a long while yet (naughty naughty), so what happens now? ETA: I know we shouldn't compare the darkness of lines, but that line is darker than any of the trigger ones...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a little boy who is sweet like my DH. But since I have a preference, I will definitely end up with a bad-ass girl like me
11.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 8:31:21 PM
Author: Independent Gal
hey Fishy, have you been to see your doctor? I think you should! Better to know sooner than later if something yucky is causing those loooong cycles. Most yucky stuff is fixable these days, so you don't have to panic! But you just might want to know so you can get to fixing it!

Liiiiiissssaaaaa! The suspense is killing me!

I expect a good handful of you to be jerkstores this month! Got that?!
Well, I've not been recently, but when I was there before going off the pill, they told me I was fine and that long cycles are fine, too. I don't know.

Maybe now that I am trying to grow a baby, I should go back? I've always heard to wait 6mo to a year... but I'd be so heart broken to find out NEXT summer that I can't ever be a mommy naturally....

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa, I see a line, what''s going on with the digital???? I''m off to see a movie by myself (husband is having a whiskey night with a mutual friend
39.gif
), so I better see some new results soon or I''m going to be mighty miffed!
11.gif

Fishy, 47 days is a pretty long cycle, might be worth checking out especially if you aren''t getting much more info to work from with your charting.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 8:37:43 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
I want a little boy who is sweet like my DH. But since I have a preference, I will definitely end up with a bad-ass girl like me
11.gif

Either way, my kid is going to be wearing overalls and playing in the mud. The one thing that I semi-dread is the ''princess'' phase that so many little 3-5 year old girls seem to go through. If I have a girl, I hope she''s bad-ass like you, too, DD. The one thing I never really did was climb trees or do other physically challenging things, but hopefully this kid will inherit my husband''s uncanny mountain goat-like ability to climb anything and not mind getting scraped up.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, you can''t just get us all excited and disappear on us like this!!! What happened with the digi!?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Wow- congratulations, Blen! How are you feeling? Yay!

And a possible YAY! for Lisa, too? Update, update!

An update on me: I had my progesterone tested yesterday at 7 DPO, and got my results back today: 23.1. Doc says anything over 15 means ovulation, and anything 25 and over means you're probably pregnant, so my level was nice and high. But, to be completely honest, I was hoping it was low. I was hoping it was the answer to our problem. Is that horrible of me? Having no answers makes me even more nervous about a future pregnancy.
40.gif

ETA: As for having a preference, I can honestly say I have none. Well, I might be 51/49 girl because I AM a girl and understand girls better, but I also want a rambunctious little boy. We're hoping to have one of each, and we don't really care which comes first.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
bb, is your period late yet? I had some cramps early on too. I kept thinking my period was going to come. Then I had some spotting, which turned out to be implantation bleeding. I would wait until you''re a few days late. That''s what I did because I didn''t want to be disappointed with a false negative.

lulu, how many days have you been spotting? If it''s implantation bleeding you''re experiencing, you may be testing too early. Once implantation is complete, it could take up to 4 days for the implanted embryo to begin producing hCG at a high enough level to be detected by a sensitive pregnancy test.

Lisa, how exciting! Keep us posted!

EBree, don''t feel bad. After all you''ve gone through it''s only natural to want to get some answers. You have such a positive attitude. Continue to keep your optimism up!

As for gender preferences, once of each would be great! We had a slight preference for a girl, cause they are so cute! I wanted the dresses and pigtails. But when we found out we were having a boy, I was absolutely thrilled! And now I can''t imagine having it any other way. I can''t wait to have my baby boy!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to have dragged you all trough Triggergate 2008!

I am building up my pee - it''s been almost 3 hrs. since that last test and DD, right this is a whole new line. EGADS!

I''m amazed I have any shred of credibility w/ u guys after all these absurd cycles and false positives.

I think I''ll POAS - FRER tonight and tomorrow do the digital.

That way I can definitively call the office and go in for the beta HCG.

They call same day w/ results and #''s should double every 1-2 days so that''s a lot of BW for me.

If #''s rise slowly or do not double then it''s a chemical pg. Sometimes they can hover for a day or 2 - OY! And then climb.

The RE will keep me on his watch if preggo. for a while, usually around 8 weeks along but maybe more.

The IVF''ers stay untill 11 weeks sometimes.

The suspense is killing me too
32.gif
32.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I''m totally confused. I just recharted my chart onto fertility friend, and while it did let me make the cycle as long as it is (by the way I''ve charted from when I first went off the pill in Jan and it says my typical length of cycle is 41 days... here I thought it was 42!, not that a day means much, either way, I guess), and I end up with this crazy dashed line sloping upward to my last temp (taken this AM). I put temps in for each day, and got this. I wonder what that means. Sure didn''t see a chart like that before.

Does that make sense to anyone?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Lisa, I was coming back just to see the digital results!

Here''s hopin!!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 10:56:14 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Okay, so I''m totally confused. I just recharted my chart onto fertility friend, and while it did let me make the cycle as long as it is (by the way I''ve charted from when I first went off the pill in Jan and it says my typical length of cycle is 41 days... here I thought it was 42!, not that a day means much, either way, I guess), and I end up with this crazy dashed line sloping upward to my last temp (taken this AM). I put temps in for each day, and got this. I wonder what that means. Sure didn''t see a chart like that before.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Fisher-

Can you post your chart? We could better analyze it if we see it.
1.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i have a 2 year old son and i''m 33. with my ds we got pregnant on our honeymoon....as our grandmother said--we brought home a little souveneir.
9.gif
anyways dh has wanted to start trying for a while now, but i''ve decided that now is a good time for #2....so here i am.

i haven''t charted or gotten into any of those things...yet
2.gif
, but i''m sure if things don''t happen naturally i will.

my cycle has been between 26-30 days so its hard for me to tell when i ovulate. i was on a 28 day cycle religiously, but with going back to work this year and stress its been kind of screwy. i just got the dreaded AF today....my last MC began on 4th of july and here it is 26 days later. last month was a 28 day cycle and before that a 29 day cycle.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
NYCSparkle, welcome! Most peoples' luteal phase is between 10 and 16 days, so if your cycle is 26-30 days, you should be getting busy every day or every other day from cycle day 8 through cycle day 20. If you want to narrow it down a little, you can always learn about cervical goo in lieu of temping. That can give you clues, although it's not all THAT accurate without the help of other signs (like temping).

If you look back in this thread, DD gives an amazing lesson on how to check your goo.
37.gif

Guys, any more results this morning? We're lonely over on PregPSers! We need more pregos!

As for the girls / boys things, DH is set on girls, and I'd prefer that too, I think. Ideally, I'd have loved a girl and a boy, but since we're only getting one flavour in this litter, and since I may not want a third one, I hope these are girls because daughters are better at keeping the family in touch and together. They are also more fun to dress!

But what I don't get about my wacky brain is this: I cannot think of any girls' names I actually actively like. I can think of some that I don't mind or think are pleasant. But I just find girls' names soooo hard. BOys names on the other hand are way too easy. I'm glad I would have two to name because otherwise it would have been hard to choose!

Am I the only one who likes boys names better?

Oh, and I also hope my daughters will be totally bad-ass, and playing in the mud in their overalls, and climbing trees and having adventures, and running off to Peru or Cambodia too (though maybe not when they're, like, 5), just like their mommy.
34.gif
But if they somehow turn out girly girls, or boys for that matter, we will love them just as well.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I broke down last night and tested - I used one of the early pregnancy test strips that came with my pre-seed and got a negative. I have no clue which day I actually ovulated - I got positive test results for ovulation on CD 18, 19 and 20. Today will be CD 30. Anyway, I''m not going to test again for a few days and just wait and see if AFF comes a knock''n.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
morning ladies!

hi NYC - welcome!

indy - i find girls names a lot easier - though anytime i''ve offered up some of my favorites my entire family thinks i''m looney - with the exception of my darling husband which i suppose is all that matters
3.gif
we are a family of repetitive namers, seriously repetitive, and i want to branch off. boys names stump me.

LL: i am still practicing - i only graduated in 2005 and clerked for two years, so i''ve only been *working* as a practicing attorney for about a year. i live in DC where there are FAR too many lawyers, but i practice energy law (with environmental overlap). i actually really enjoy my job - it''s a boutique firm with great people, reasonable hours, interesting work...certainly some days i don''t feel so fondly
9.gif
, but overall its good. how about you?

Lisa!! the suspense oh the suspense...

as for me - still no proper AFF. grrrrrrrrrrrr. so i walked to CVS this morning and POAS.
14.gif
BFN. so i''m pretty convinced that i am NOT pregnant and just being put through the ringer to ensure that i my emotions will be all over the place during this process. mission accomplished. LL can i have a scoop of your sundae...

maybe i''ll adopt ebree''s fantastic method of distraction - retail therapy!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
LL - looks like you and I are in the same boat except for me, I haven''t had any spotting.
20.gif
*sigh* I never realized how NOT fun knitting was until now!
29.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the party NYC!

I'm feeling cautiously optomistic for you Lisa! Keep us in the loop. Man oh Man I hope this is IT for you!

BB and Lovely - hang in there. These are the WORST days. Agonizing! I hope you have some resolution soon.

Ebree - congrats (???) on the Progesterone test, even though I totally 'get' that it is of little comfort. I can see how you'd be scared still that history may repeat itself...with the great unknown still, er, unknown.

Indy - you crazy gal! Boys names - EASY???????? Maybe i'm crazy, but I just don't love most boys names! I have one slam-dunk boys name, and the rest are just 'okay'. Girl, I have literally about 12 I'd easily put into the "love" category.

...now if I can just get PG so that I can name the darn thing!
11.gif

As for me, I'm CD14 (typical O day) but I have yet to have any EWCF. Just 3 days of Watery. I typically do get at least a day of EW, so I'm thinking I may have a slightly delayed O this cycle. This is my first 'normal' cycle since the m/c (last cycle was 30 days rather than 28) so it is possible that it's off a day or so. I'm drinking TONS of water to increase my CF....so best I can do is cross my fingers and toes. ETA: I've also had 3 days of - OPK sticks. Maybe today will give me a + ?
The strangest thing is that I've had nausea for two days now. (yesterday and today). Is that odd for O time?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Indy, I agree with you RE: Boy names. I told DH that before I'm even pregnant again, we need to have two names for each sex ready to go. Why? Because he is SO. PICKY. about names, and I'm not dealing with that at 40 weeks pregnant. We'll have two names for each in case of a) twins or b) the baby not "looking" like one of the names, though I don't really buy that. A baby looks like a baby. But, we'll see.

Anyway, we've got our two boy names all ready, and it was as easy as, "How about this?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

As for girl names, I gave him a list of 1000 to look at, and he only thought FIVE were decent. Out of 1000. He only "liked" two of the five, giving the others a rating of "eh."

20.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPEE SKIPPIE You big ol'' Farking JERKsuperCENTERdistributionDEPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG your time has finally come! how do you feel???????

Two jerkstores this week! this is amazing!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Wooohooo!!!! Sending super sticky vibes your way, Lisa!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results