shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yaaay Happy! Looks like we''re now both in the world of the insured!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
To answer the questions about "light" periods:

Menstrual Mysteries: What's normal, what's not—and what a woman’s period may reveal about her health.

Linky (scroll down for the article copied and posted in the thread, the link the original poster includes no longer works)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Two-Week Wait Activity List: 14 Things to Do When 14 Days Seem Like Forever by Lynn Steen

http://forums.ovusoft.com/tm.asp?m=4190380&p=1&tmode=6

My favourite:

9. Swim laps. Think about the sperm and how they need to swim to your egg. Imagine that you are a sperm, the end of the pool is the egg, then GO, GO, GO! Don''t wear a tail or anything. Just imagine it quietly.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 11:01:30 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
The Two-Week Wait Activity List: 14 Things to Do When 14 Days Seem Like Forever by Lynn Steen

http://forums.ovusoft.com/tm.asp?m=4190380&p=1&tmode=6

My favourite:

9. Swim laps. Think about the sperm and how they need to swim to your egg. Imagine that you are a sperm, the end of the pool is the egg, then GO, GO, GO! Don''t wear a tail or anything. Just imagine it quietly.

That is hilarious! What about the 9 month wait? Got anything for that???
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, that''s hilarious.
1.gif
Today I baptized another O-stick, the test line was dark! Wow. Also, got that damn o-pain today. This time it KILLS, though. As DH and I were laying in bed during the Laker game half time, I was moaning abou the pain, and how we need a baby in the works to stop this pain. Totally joking, of course. And then he said, "If you can''t take this little pain, can you take the pain of labor?" Then I try to explain how that''s different because it''s for a baby, and this pain is a wasted egg possibly!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 10:44:36 PM

To answer the questions about ''light'' periods:

Menstrual Mysteries: What''s normal, what''s not—and what a woman’s period may reveal about her health.

Linky (scroll down for the article copied and posted in the thread, the link the original poster includes no longer works)
From the article:
To prove it was reliable, the researchers randomly recruited 31 women between the ages of 35 and 55 (all of whom were still menstruating and none of whom were using hormones) who agreed to meticulously save and preserve all their used menstrual products from three complete cycles.

23.gif

"Stay out of the third drawer, honey."

3.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 43.3%; HEIGHT: 48px">Date: 6/6/2008 12:15:01 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Today I baptized another O-stick,

alaughingemoti.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 328px">Date: 6/6/2008 12:21:22 AM
Author: luckystar112

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 143px">Date: 6/5/2008 10:44:36 PM

Menstrual Mysteries: What''s normal, what''s not—and what a woman’s period may reveal about her health.

From the article:
To prove it was reliable, the researchers randomly recruited 31 women between the ages of 35 and 55 (all of whom were still menstruating and none of whom were using hormones) who agreed to meticulously save and preserve all their used menstrual products from three complete cycles.

23.gif

''Stay out of the third drawer, honey.''

3.gif
EWWW! That''s gross.
The poor researchers who then had to "analyze" the data.
23.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey, have any of you succeeded in downloading the ovusoft software to a Mac? I can''t get the .exe to .execute. FF is now giving me a Day 20 with ov confirmed and I''m just curious whether the other software would say the same.

If it was day 20, due to circumstances well beyond our control, we missed our most likely window this month. In a word, phooey.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 8:30:49 AM
Author: Independent Gal
Hey, have any of you succeeded in downloading the ovusoft software to a Mac? I can''t get the .exe to .execute. FF is now giving me a Day 20 with ov confirmed and I''m just curious whether the other software would say the same.

If it was day 20, due to circumstances well beyond our control, we missed our most likely window this month. In a word, phooey.
I can''t say anything abou the mac thing, but with the day 20 thing, did your other fertility signs also suggest day 20 was a possibility?? See, apparently the day when you have the most copious CF can precede O-day by a few days... so if you were not assessing CF in the most conservative manner (i.e., the 2 finger scoop), then it is *possible* there was EWCM hanging around your cervix until CD-20 and you missed it... That would SUCK!! But next month is a new cycle... and you will know your cycle better now so you can plan next month easier. I know having last months data has helped me a lot with charting this month.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 7:07:13 AM
Author: tiffanytwisted

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 328px">Date: 6/6/2008 12:21:22 AM
Author: luckystar112

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 143px">Date: 6/5/2008 10:44:36 PM

From the article:

23.gif

''Stay out of the third drawer, honey.''

3.gif
EWWW! That''s gross.
The poor researchers who then had to ''analyze'' the data.
23.gif
LOL!! I thought the same thing, but people do research analysing all sortf of disgusting things and I thought this is NOT the most disgusting, by far!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 12:15:01 AM
Author: AmberWaves
DD, that's hilarious.
1.gif
Today I baptized another O-stick, the test line was dark! Wow. Also, got that damn o-pain today. This time it KILLS, though. As DH and I were laying in bed during the Laker game half time, I was moaning abou the pain, and how we need a baby in the works to stop this pain. Totally joking, of course. And then he said, 'If you can't take this little pain, can you take the pain of labor?' Then I try to explain how that's different because it's for a baby, and this pain is a wasted egg possibly!
Since we are on the same cycle I am going to take your results to mean that I too will O today or tomorrow!
2.gif

No OPKs for me this month, but my CF was very profuse yesterday and today it is a little less, but still EW... or ewwwwww, depending on how you look at it. I am hoping that I get confirmation of O with tomorrows temp, because to be perfectly honest, I have had enough of the F-tastic for this month!
3.gif
Because I wasn't really well-versed in assessing my CF, and past months it has seemed really scant, we started daily sessions 7 days ago, much too early for the ones in the beginning to be of use
20.gif
. I am ready to give it a break already!! I just really want to make sure we hit that ideal target of 1 day before O (.35 odds of knocked up!), and unless you are a psychic-friend, you can't know you hit that day until it is already passed!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guess what? I was playing around with the FF software (lord, I really have to get some work done!! I am bad.) But anyway, I was playing around and discovered that you can change the settings on how your chart is analyzed. According to their ''advanced'' setting it was Day 20, according to the ''FAM'' setting (which I think is probably what ovusoft uses... the ''3 over 6'' method) it was Day 16. Only time will tell, I suppose!

But it gives me hope. And we did enjoy some F-statistic on Day 18, so at least there''s some chance, even if it was Day 20.

I can''t believe I''m talking about this on the internet!
20.gif

OK, I am getting some work done now. Yes. Yes. Work. That''s what I will do.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
interesting article DD.

Oh yeah, I''m working. Right? Right.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DD & Indy & Amber have I knitted myself into a psychotic episode or are u guys
in the .............. 2WW? Give or take today or tomorrow?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I either started knitting 3 or 7 days ago. But I don''t have high hopes for this month. Next month would be better anyway.

Oh, but you didn''t hear it from me because, y''know, I''m working, right? Not on PS.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I think I may be in the 2ww soon!

Indy, I'm kind of lucky that no one comes in here until like, ten am, so I think I'll take a nap! Yes, I can do that at work! I'm just so flippin' (as my SIL would say) exhausted, two Advil PMs last night because of the O pain, and I feel like a zombie.

DD, yep, I'd bet you're either o'ing today or tomorrow! Haha, how crazy would that be?

As I mentioned: the O' pain. It was terrible. I had to take a nap and put on one of those Oh-So-Sexy Ben Gay patches. It's never really hurt like this before, but last month it hurt, only on a different side. I wonder if my sad little fallopian is shooting out a double helping of eggs? Purely from my non-scientific theory: O'pain semi-painful = 1 egg, o'pain super-painful= 2 eggs? MUST STOP DRINKING THE PS WATER. I can't afford twins!

I went out this morning to get a lemonade and oatmeal, and you know how usually you get a breath of fresh air and it invigorates you? That's not happening on an almost summer day. I got out there and wanted to take a dang nap! Oh, the California sun.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So, speaking of sweet husbands (mine being one of them), I was just talking to my mom and apparently, once her surgery is scheduled early next week, my step-dad is taking her to the French Riviera so that she can show off her hot bikini bod one last time before she ends up with a big ol scar across her chest.

Frankly, given she''s 60 and has had three kids, I think that bikini bod has given her a good run!

And also speaking of sweet husbands, I noticed on the ''waiting to TTC'' thread that someone said her husband was asking what her temperature was every morning. Mine does that too and takes a keen interest in my chart and all the info I''ve been accumulating.

What about yours, ladies? Interested? Or icked out?

And in the same line, is your hubby as excited as you are about getting you knocked up?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
IG, it''s funny you should mention that. Last night, I mentioned the pre-seed I bought, and how I''ll need to bring it to Hawaii, and he was all interested in it. He totally read all the information it came with, and was talking about how cool it was.

Then, when I mentioned the o-pains, he was mystified. "You can FEEL it happening? That is SO COOL."

He''s starting to understand the temping, and all that. Mostly he just kisses my stomach a lot and talks about how someday, something will kick back.
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:32:25 PM
Author: Independent Gal
So, speaking of sweet husbands (mine being one of them), I was just talking to my mom and apparently, once her surgery is scheduled early next week, my step-dad is taking her to the French Riviera so that she can show off her hot bikini bod one last time before she ends up with a big ol scar across her chest.

Frankly, given she's 60 and has had three kids, I think that bikini bod has given her a good run!

And also speaking of sweet husbands, I noticed on the 'waiting to TTC' thread that someone said her husband was asking what her temperature was every morning. Mine does that too and takes a keen interest in my chart and all the info I've been accumulating.

What about yours, ladies? Interested? Or icked out?

And in the same line, is your hubby as excited as you are about getting you knocked up?
Indy that is so nice of your Step-Dad, and the relaxation and love will hopefully give her a nice immune system booste to bolster her through her surgery!

Yeah, every morning DH asks me what my temp is, and he knows what my coverline temp is too. I also showed him ewwwww CF and he was very very fascinated, but then again, he is a little gross that way
3.gif
He likes to look at my chart and is ridiculously excited to be a daddy. We have two dogs and he practices his Daddy moves all the time on them: using an authoritative tone for discipline, snuggling them to death, bugging them... He is baby crazy for sure.

ETA: Lisa, I will hopefully be in the knitting club in a couple of days!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
IG - From what I keep reading, the FAM setting is much more accurate than the default setting. Also, Ovusoft sadly doesn''t work for Macs.
38.gif
People keep posting about this on the Ovusoft boards and so I''m sure that the Ovusoft people are aware of it and know that people find it to be a problem.

The article on menstruation was very interesting. I didn''t realize just how light my flow is.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Evidently, DH''s cousin sent baptism photos to hubby and not me, and he was just assuming that I got them. Grrr. Anyway, here''s the baby that I thought about stealing:

BlenheimAndBaby.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
And look at her smile.
30.gif

BlenheimBaby2.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Off to New Mexico on our honeymoon! Byyyyye! Have fun knitting while we''re gone!
35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bye Indy! Have so much fun, I am very jealous!!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Blenheim- That baby is adorable! I can see why you wanted to take her home!
Indy- Have fun! Take lots of pics for us!

So, slow weekend, huh? I have nothing new. 12 DPO, so only a few more days. It''s weird, the other months I have wanted to test on day 12 or 13, but this month I haven''t. It''s like I want to know, but I also don''t want to be dissappointed. So we will see in a few days!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 8:42:52 PM
Blenheim- That baby is adorable! I can see why you wanted to take her home!
Indy- Have fun! Take lots of pics for us!

So, slow weekend, huh? I have nothing new. 12 DPO, so only a few more days. It''s weird, the other months I have wanted to test on day 12 or 13, but this month I haven''t. It''s like I want to know, but I also don''t want to be dissappointed. So we will see in a few days!
Tiffany, how long it your luteal phase usually? Just curious... if you are 3 days past the typical luteal phase you can also test with some certainty.

As for me, I had a temp shift today (3/10ths deg C above anticipated cover line) but I still seem to have some EWCM?? Not sure what to make of that, I guess I will need to wait and see tomorrow''s temp.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
My luteal phase is usually 14 days. So I''m still a little early.
As for your EWCM, I think you should keep "trying" until it dries up, even though your temp is high you most lilkely ovulated (yesterday).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2008 10:22:10 PM
My luteal phase is usually 14 days. So I''m still a little early.
As for your EWCM, I think you should keep ''trying'' until it dries up, even though your temp is high you most lilkely ovulated (yesterday).
LOL! Ok, we "tried" last night. This morning I woke about an hour before my usual waking time and my temp was only 36.25, which is below the cover line and totally freaked me out (OMG, I haven''t O''d! Is this anovulatory??)... but then I went back to sleep and took it at my usualy time and it was 32.45. I recorded the higher temp because from my experience the time of the morning seems to matter much more for my temps being consistent accross days than does that "3 hours uninterrupted sleep" rule. Also CF finally dried up, so it makes sense that my temp shift happened already.

Anyhoo, FF gave me a O day of CD-14 with dotted cross-hairs, which is earlier than I anticipated. One more high temp and it will adjust my O day to CD-16 though, which is when I think it really happened. So I am 2 DPO and officially joined the knitting club! Although I really hope this LP lasts 9 months
2.gif
I also just hope that it is at least 11 days. Last month it was a dismal 8 days
40.gif
but that was only cycle 2 off the pill.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Good Luck DD, I''ll cross my fingers for your 9mo LP too
2.gif

So, FF gave me an ovulation date of june 4th (CD15). Since this is my first cycle charting and off BC do you think it is enough to estimate that it will be the same next month? I am going to keep charting, but we are going out of town July 4th weekend, and won''t be able to bring my computer to chart. DH says that while he is glad that I am charting and wants me to continue, he doesn''t want me to tell him when it''s time... he says its too much pressure
3.gif

I guess my question is really just how similar can I expect my next cycle to be to this one? Am I wrong to calculate based on only one charted cycle?
Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results