shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili that is just fabulous. We will have about the same due date ;))

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
DC and Lili, I'm so happy for you!!!!! Sicky dust to you both!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Dcgator: Where are the results! I'm dying here.

Lili: Love ya lady, so very happy for you.

AFM: So I'm not ready to post about that which will not be mentioned and anyway there is still too much good news to be celebrated. But I would like to say - to those who have posted for me you have made this so much more bearable, you will never know. DH is just back (he left on Monday) so I have been trying to process this on my own and I really felt the support from you all. This is just a quick thank you - I don't want to talk about it yet.

I am posting because I actually have some good news. I had the ultrasound today and despite almost bursting into tears being surrounded with so many beautiful baby bumps I managed to keep my composure and I am perfect. No PCOS, No endometriosis, no cysts, no polyps, no nothing. Except a juicy 12mm follie on my right ovary and 3/4 smaller follies keeping it warm - for CD9 that aint bad. Finally, some good news. :cry: (Edit: <---This is a happy crying emotie)

The Dr. was lovely this time. She was very supportive and helpful and even showed me the screen to see my follies and ovaries. She said if I continue to spot during my cycle and after sex that she will send me in for D&C. I didn't ask about that as I was just going out the door - but she will send a full report to my GP soon.

Edit to remove emotie.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news Steal! And it *is* good news for sure. One less hurdle! hugs m'dear!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Steal, I'm so happy your appointment went well! It really is good news.

For all you turkey gobblers, this one is for you!

images-2_0.jpg

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Steal,

I am apparently having issues finding some posts, but I did see from responses that you've been having a hard time. Oh girl, I'm so sorry. It's such a road, this TTC journey. Highs and lows surround us and so many emotions find their way into our lives. I'm glad that today was a better day for you, and YAY :bigsmile: for a good ultrasound! That's certainly worth celebrating and crying happy tears over.

As for the hubs.... they process this stuff so much differently than we do, and at least for Paul, it seems that he sees his key role on this journey as "protector" and "mr. positivity." All this is awesome for me, but I think after a little time, let downs add up and he needs to be ab le to share those feelings, just as we do here. Anyway, I'm thinking fabulous thoughts for you guys and hope that today's better day is followed by many more better days for both of you!

Bella,

I have a really hard time navigating previous posts now, so please forgive my asking what may have already been addressed. I read that you were talking about the clotting all but stopping now, and that it's related to using cloth. Why is this, or did I miss something else important?

Has anyone read the book "Making Babies" (with some other subtitle similar to "the three month plan for fertility") that is written by Dr. Sami David and another Dr, who's name I cannot recall right now? I was flipping through it at the book store over the weekend and ended up ordering it off amazon today. The premise of the book was that western medicine tends to rush to ART while, if we take a step back, while still seeing our primary docs, we can implement some of the components of eastern medicine into the mix, thus helping things happen more "naturally," or allowing for a stronger support for IUI, etc. I thought this included only acupuncture, but it's a wide range of things and I figure that while we're waiting to see where we go from here, it's worth a shot.

They take 5 types of people (tired, pale, stuck, waterlogged, and dry) and suggest different ideas/plans to follow for preparing your body for conception. There's a test you can take online at the book's website, to find out what your "type" is. Mine is a combination of two, and one of them encompasses what I think may be a thyroid issue (always cold, etc.).

So I wanted to see if any of the ladies here had seen the book, followed it, or had any information about it to share. And if not, I wanted to put it out there as an option for further reading/research as we delve deeper into getting our bodies optimum for baby growing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you; I pray that this upcoming year brings many more things to be happy for and to be thankful and appreciative of for each of you! :bigsmile:

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Choro,

Threadjack to say: YOUR RING IS GORGEOUS!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiery have you ever thought of seeing a naturopath or another medical practitioner who follows the eastern methods described in that book? I think there have been a few women here and on other forums I have read who feel that eastern medicine helped them a lot.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer,

I am considering it. I want to see what the book has to say first. My chiropractor has several acupuncturist colleagues she's willing to refer me to. As always, I have to think things through before I'm ready to jump. This book is my tiptoe into the pool, I suppose.

I'm completely open to supplements and natural compounds for assistance. I lean toward natural over medicated any day, but the thing is.... acupuncture scares the turd out of me. I hate needles, and while I've become accustomed to LOTS of blood work, shots I'm not sure will follow suit. And lots of tiny needles all over me, well that freaks me out. And I'm a VERY modest girl (yes, I know that all goes out the window during delivery...) but I'm not looking forward to needles all over me *and* nakedness. Heck, I don't even know if it requires being undressed. I've not done much research at all at this point. I have read that the points of acupuncture for fertility tend to be around the abdomen and feet, though. I have no idea....

DC got it, and I think she gave pretty good details, but that was a while back and I've not gone back to review.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Dcgator: Please tell me you have good news. I know you are on holly-days but a little postie wostie would be so appreciated. I have everything crossed for you and your ninja honey.

Lili: Sticky cement to you. :wavey:

Fisher: About the book and more natural or homeopathic remedies – I don’t know. I’m on the fence at the moment. I have already talked DH back into taking his vitamins even though I believe there is no point. So for me at the moment, perhaps the placebo affect of doing ‘something’ has value. I will be interested to follow what you make of the book.
I promise I wasn’t being churlish when I had the posts deleted, much to Ella’s annoyance. I posted and was trying to be logical about it all, then DH went away and I was on my own and maybe I thought if I deleted it then it might just go away. Seems it doesn’t work like that. The bottom line is we have just over a zero percent chance of conceiving naturally. And that bites. I thought that really the results meant I have no place on this thread – and I’m not ready to leave. So I deleted it. Does that make it any better?
Again this is a drive by post – I really don’t want to discuss it at the moment, even though this is discussing it, but you know what I mean.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thank you again everyone.
I appreciate the loads and loads of baby cement dust.

DC--
Love your little collection of POAS ^.^
Hoping your betas more than doubled today.
And you sharing your wonderful news w/ family.

Kudos to you for convincing the insurance company for the IUIs coverage.
That's $$ back in the bank to be spend on baby essentials!
Looks like everything is falling into place for you guys ^.^

Steal--
*hugs* sweetie.
I can't tell how much your truck loads of dust and cement meant to me.
You know, I think both DC and I were the lucky recipients of your dust dump truck last month ;-)
You've got some magic dust there.

Yay!! Awesome news!! That's great about your clean u/s!!!
Like DD said, one less hurdle to go through.
And glad that the dr was more sympathetic and understanding this time around.

CDN--
Thanks for the rally cheers!
Hoping we could continue the cheers for the rest of the TTC ladies.
You are pretty close to testing yourself huh?
Dust dust to you.

DD--
I believe our EDDs are pretty close.
Will have confirmation next week.
How did your midwife appt go?
Did she do a u/s for EDD estimation?
Or is that not part of the midwife practice?

RC--
Awww...the u/s of your little peanut is so cute.
It must be a huge relief to see ^.^
Looks like your little bean is thriving.
Can't wait to see your next u/s.

MissJaxon--
I'm sorry about AF, but that latte does sound good.
I usually indulge myself in sushi when AF showed since I'd stay away from it during the 2WW:razz:

Charbie--
Good luck w/ the 2WW.
Fortunately you have the holiday to keep you busy for the time being, so the wait won't be as long.
I'm hoping you'd be a jerkstore again. I still remember your April Fool's BFP.

Bella--
Sorry to hurt your finger and your eyes (w/ the long-winded novel :razz:)
How's the WW going?
Are you hitting the gym too?

Somethingshiny--
Thank you for popping in here and supporting us.
I know you have your hands full w/ your Lily's health issue and your PPD.
I hope you and angel are improving and doing well.

Fiery, Meresal--
Thanks ^.^

Tiffany--
How's PS twin preggo doing?
I'm lurking the PS thread every Friday to see your twin belly ^.^

HouMedGal, Bliss, LV, Laila, IceKid Catluver--
How are you beautiful preggos??!!
I don't post much on the PS thread, but I admit I stalk you ladies (especially on Friday ^.^).
All of you are so cute w/ your fabulous bellies.
Not much longer huh? Just a few more short weeks and all the year end and year start babies will be out. So exciting.

LV--
I had 8 sessions w/ thea acupunturist that were spread out from June-Oct.
The first 4 sessions were weekly....was trying to build up my system before the first IUI.
Then my schedule got a bit hectic and I was going every other week or so. She recommended 8 sessions because I told her that I had endometriosis.
Did you continue going during your first trimester?

Mrs--
Thanks.
I hope you get your BFP tomorrow.
(haha, had this written last night, so I should edit that to say congrats!)

------------
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Steal|1290700843|2779081 said:
Dcgator: Please tell me you have good news. I know you are on holly-days but a little postie wostie would be so appreciated. I have everything crossed for you and your ninja honey.

Ditto ^.^

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!!

Wanted to let everyone know that DC posted fabulous news on the IUI thread.... Her numbers are more than doubling.

I wonder if she's a twin mama???? :bigsmile:

This morning Paul and I spent time listing off the things we're thankful for. The list was LONG, and one of the top on the list was *hope.* Wonderful hope! We are so very thankful for the hope of what's to come, and of the road we're walking taking us to a most fabulous place in our lives, marriage, and family.

Steal,

Oh sweetie. Never lose hope. I know it must be very devastating, heart-breaking, and painful. But there is forever hope, and I have seen many women defy what they've been told they can't do and become pregnant. I will be hoping and praying this for you and your hubs. I also hope this is a growing spot in your marriage. It's amazing how much the painful times can build up a marriage.

You DO belong here!

When you want to talk, the support here will be ready and willing!

Many thoughts to you today!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies,

Sorry to keep you all in suspense. Just a quick flyby, since I am sitting with all the IL's right now, but the news was very good yesterday. My Betas went from 17.7 on 11DPIUI to 77 on 13DPIUI. So, my betas almost quadroupled (sp)! I am, of course,super pumped now and have told both my family and DH's family. We are going to keep it only to the immediate family right now (moms, dads, bros, and sister), but everyone was super pumped!

My doc was still a little cautious, and wanted me in on Monday when I go back to take my betas, but I am super positive right now.

Fisher - Yes, I did follow that book. I have a "tired" system I believe and tried it for a couple months, but it didn't quite work perfectly. However, I think it is an interesting read nad has some helpful hints. Not a bad idea to read it through.

Lili - Thank you so much for sharing your story. Oh my goodness you are such a strong and patient woman to go through all of that the past 3 years. I am sorry that you lost a LO last year, but I am sooo happy that you were able to get KU again. Super big hug and I really do look forward to sharing our pregnancies. As the second time mommy, you will have to share your knowledge.

Steal - I am really glad to hear about your positive ultrasound results. I am sure that is a relief. I am also happy that your doc was more understanding this time. Don't feel like you have to share anything you aren't ready to. When you feel like it, we are here for you. And don't feel like a debbie downer, we are all here for each other, through the good and bad. Big hug lady.

Choro, Moxie, CDN, Mere, Catluver, Icekid, KTF - Thanks to all of you for your happy thoughts and well wishes. I truely appreciate you taking the time to come in here.

Everybody (in the U.S.) - I wish you a VERY happy and healthy Thanksgiving and hope you enjoy your time with family and friends!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Steal--
*hugs*
Fisher said it so eloquently, so I'll just ditto her words to you.
And sometimes we need to hit rock bottom before something beautiful and miraculous happens.
It can and will happen for you and your husband.
When you are ready to talk, we are here for you.
Don't hesitate to talk about it on our accounts, if that was your concern.

Just curious, would your husband be open to acupuncture?
It probably woudn't hurt. I haven't really heard accounts of acupuncture for male fertility, but figured that since it seems to work for female...it should for male too.

Many thoughts to you.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Fisher--
Thank you again my friend!
Regarding your questions about acupuncture.
The needles they use are really fine (less than the thickness of your hair).
And they really don't put that many needs on you like you'd see in movies.
I didn't have to undressed or anything as all of the injection points were on below the ankles and wrists...
with one on the knee. I did have one on my temper every time, but that was to help w/ the headaches I get from AF.
The acupuncturist did say that you can use local points (as in stomach and lower back for uterus and tubes) but she likes to use the points on the feet and hands where all the nerve endings are because they are more effective (though it can be a little more sensitive ^.^) So some points can feel a little intense. Another reason she likes to use those points was because she didn't want her patients to feel self-conscious about lying on the table for half an hour half dressed.

Are you thinking about giving it a try?
The way I look at it is I didn't have anything to lose....just an hour of my time.
If nothing else, I get one hour of relaxation (minus the initial pricking of the needles of course) from the little rugrat here.

Anyway, many thoughts to you too.

lili

Ideal_Rock
DC--
:appl: :appl: Wow quadruppled!
Fantastic! I wonder if there might be multiples.
So happy for you!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
DC :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: so happy for your betas!!!!!!

Lili-just keep baking that sticky little bean:)

Steal-Hope that you are having a better day. Lili said it much better than I could, but sometimes you do have to go through a really horrible, rock bottom time before you can have an awesome, incredible, amazing experience...I hope that this is just the yucky part before the amazing part!

Fisher-I started using cloth a few months ago and noticed much less clotting the first month, it's continually decreased, and now this month I had no clots and my cycle extended from 2 days of flow and 1-2 days of spotting to 3-4 days of flow and pretty much no spotting...maybe a coincidence, but I have to say I am thrilled to not have clots and to have what I consider to be a much more normal flow (though my Dr said my super short periods were normal since they were regular and remained the same for several years). Now, my period is much more like it was when I was younger...again, maybe coincidence, but since I actually prefer cloth (unbelievably for me it's way more comfortable and less gross...) AND it seems to be helping my cycle, I invested in hand dyed bamboo domino pads, they are AMAZING!)

Happy Thanksgiving ladies!!!!! I am thankful for you all, for your encouragement, your optimism, your support, your empathy, and your sharing this crazy journey to motherhood with me!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies,

Greetings from the insanity called black Friday! Normally I would be sticking it out with rest of them outside, but since it wad sleeting, I told the boys I needed to keep the ninja turtle warm, so I am hanging out in the car ;p.

Thanks again to fisher Bella and lili for your congrats. To answer your earlier question, yes, there is the distinct possibility of twins, about 15 % with the protocol I was on. I guess we will find out soon enough though, lol.

Well, anywho, just wanted to say hi since I had a quiet minute. I should probably get back out there soon. Oh and modern and charbie, good luck in your 2ww and lots of dust!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Have fun DC and keep the ninja turtle (or turtles :-o ) warm! I avoid Black Friday at all costs, but bought a Boba baby carrier and a Sleepy wrap online for 40% off at their "Black Friday" sale this morning :bigsmile: Since the Boba is supposed to be awesome for toddlers I figure it's ok to buy since hopefully by this time next year I'll be a toddler mama:) If we do get pregnant, the sleepywrap is supposed to be awesome for the first year:) insert my evil mwahahahahahahahha laugh here:) (DH is on a need to know basis, I'm going to tell him when the packages arrive:)

My plans for the day include a nap, going running, and going to our friend's leftover buffet/potluck tonight:)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness.......everytime I'm away from PS and unable to post, loads of things happen.

Steal - sending you hugs galore for both you and your hubbie. I can't imagine what you're both going through right now but I know that your journey is not over. It may take longer and have a few twists and turns along the way but you'll both get there, you have the drive and commitment to see this through to the end, even tho you may not think it just now. Thank you for being a stalwart on here and I hope that the love and support from your PS sista's will get you through this difficult time. It's also refreshing to hear that your doc is not being arsy and actually supporting you too.

DC and Lilli - I'm overjoyed at your announcements and wish you tons of sticky bean dust for your little peanuts.

Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif Po%20-%20Fairydust3_0.gif

I don't want to cut and run, so hello to you all, I will check back in when I'm not dashing oot.

slobbers

Po
x

(CD23 - 8dpo)

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
First at all, I want to give a huge congratulations to dc and lili.

Dcgator, I'm so happy that you are being bless with a baby (or babies :naughty: ) this year. This is wonderful news, You deserved to experience the miracle of being a mommy. I wish you a wonderful end of the year, for you, your husband and the little one an amazing 2011. How are you feeling? What are you symptoms? Would you like to have twins? :bigsmile: Sorry about to many questions, I'm just so excited that I want to know everything :lol:

lili, I'm so excited for you too, what a great news for your family. Another little one, do you have any preference? You have a beautiful daughter, congratulations to your family.

steal, I did not get to read about your test, but I read there were some not very good news. I'm sorry for whatever thing that is making your family sad. You are such a strong women, so no matter what happen, you are going to be able to overcome it. You are a great example of tenacity, so never give up steal. I wish you and your husband and all the kitty cats health, love and wisdom.

In my end, I'm 5DPO and I'm feeling great. This holidays were pretty good, I was not able to bed as much as I wanted, so I think I may had -3 and -4, so there are not really good chances to actually get a BFPBC but I am ok and happy with it.
I actually decided that I was going to be laid back about this situations for a few month. We are going to stop trying and just go with the flow, I actually wanted to do something before getting preggo that I'm going to do starting 2011. I plan to come back in full by spring-summer 2011. Don't get to happy yet if you think that I'm going to leave this treat, because I'm not :lol: I just love to be around you guys, and who knows, maybe I will have to eat my words and I will start TTCing next cycle. :errrr:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello TTC 2.0 ladies,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am still with the IL's, but heading home in the morning.

Po - Thanks so much for your dust. (so pretty!) Nice of your to sneak in that 8DPO thing. Are you planning on testing anytime soon or just waiting it out until AF is about to come?

Gaby - Thanks as well for your well wishes. I really appreciate your happy thoughts. I do indeed hope that it will be a great 2011 :bigsmile: . To your question, my early symptoms were naseau, dizziness and frequent urination. My later symptoms have been EXTREME fatigue (like want to sleep a lot, and all times) and most recently, huge bb's and sore nips. But those didn't start till a couple days ago. As for the twin stuff, I wouldn't necessarily choose to have twins, but if God chooses to bless us with them, than I am all for it. Besides, if we were to have twins, then I would rather have them first, since I wouldn't know the difference in difficulty level, lol. We shall find out soon enough though. You're new attitude sounds like a good one, and I hope it pays off! And please don't leave us, even if you aren't actively TTC, we will miss you too much.

AFM - I have been feeling really good/excited the past few days, but today I have been a bit iffy. I am hoping its just a little bit of 1st trimester doubt, and that it will all be erased tomorrow after my next blood test. One thing is for sure though, my bb's are huge, and my DH is loving it, :lol: . My nips are a bit sore, but it's tolerable right now. Otherwise I am so super sleepy. I am just hoping that the symptoms continue in the next few weeks so that I continue to be positive. Anywho, I will pop in tomorrow to let you know what the B/W says and whether twins are still in the picture :wink2: I hope you all have a nice evening and I will talk to you tomorrow.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lili|1290706783|2779154 said:
LV--
I had 8 sessions w/ thea acupunturist that were spread out from June-Oct.
The first 4 sessions were weekly....was trying to build up my system before the first IUI.
Then my schedule got a bit hectic and I was going every other week or so. She recommended 8 sessions because I told her that I had endometriosis.
Did you continue going during your first trimester?

Hi Lili,

I did not keep going after my BFP. I think she wanted me to continue going, but I was going every week for about 12 weeks or so, and couldn't really justify the expense at that point. Everything seems to be going well, so I think it was the right decision for me. If I have any issues with the baby being breech (which I really don't think will happen at this point) or with getting my labor started a week or so after my EDD (which I also don't think will happen), then my acupuncturist will be the FIRST person I will call, and I am confident she will be able to help me again.

Congrats again!! I am so happy for you!! You are such a sweet heart for cheering us all on, and you are very good at keeping secrets!! Hee-hee!

Fisher,

Hi There! :wavey: I thought I'd chime in on your acupuncture post. I did not do much research beforehand. I am the opposite of you, I think, in that I'd rather just jump right in, have *some* understanding of what the treatment will be like, and then leave the rest to the experts. If you're still considering it, maybe you can call one of the places your chiro friend recommends and ease into it? Explain your concerns, and suggest they start with just 2 needles and see how you do with that? I'm sure you'd find that much easier to deal with than a full treatment (hard to know in advance what it will be like, which can sometimes create anxiety) to start. Oh, and as far as clothing -- I wore a tank and shorts at my first acupuncturist, and then undies/bra with towels over me at the acupuncturist that I visited for a few months. I would think shorts/tank would be totally workable even if it is your practioner's preference to have less clothing. Good luck, and if you decide to go, I'd love to hear what you think about it!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I have debated for MONTHS about posting in the TTC thread although I have lurked for a really long time and followed all of the stories posted. I cheer for the BFPs and truly empathize with the BFNs and the stories of complications/delays/stresses/frustrations, etc. My hesitance to put myself in the mix was probably partially due to not wanting to really deal with and confront my own frustrations re: TTC. I was also hesitant about posting because I tend to be really protective about posting my personal stuff on-line. However, I felt so much relief when I saw this thread pop up (THANK YOU Steal!!) that I was compelled to join in. I really feel like I can no longer go through this journey *alone.* Hubs has been awesome, and I have a cousin-in-law who I recently discovered is also TTC (and has had a lot of issues) to confide in. Still, it's nice to have a place to have a wider circle of support. In addition, I really want to be able to offer my own encouragement and support to the PS members TTC in a more vocal way. So here I am....can I join in?????

I won't bore you all with all of the challenges in my TTC journey, but suffice to say there are challenges in our journey. I have had all of tests done: ovulation is "normal," no tube blockage (as of last year); other hormone levels are fine. However I do have a high prolactin level due to a small tumor on my pituitary gland and I also suffer from endmoetriosis. I had an issue last year with RE I was seeing, where I got an infection as a result of a procedure that I had. I had no idea that the procedure caused the infection until I had surgery to remove what I thought was a cyst caused by the endo, and learned that it was actually an abscess that had become infected. I made the connection because I was in tremendous pain and I really ILL starting the day after the procedure. Thankfully it now seems like my body is finally ready to TTC. Only problem now is I am OLD (at the late end of my 30's) and so I am fighting that as well. Still and all I hope to finally get a BFP somehow, someday!

At this stage in the journey I am probably going to have find another RE that I trust and who will be committed to working with our needs. In addition, given my age we'll likely have to go the ART route, which I don't really want to do, but it may be our only chance. I will keep you guys abreast of our progress once we really jump back in the water! Thanks so much for reading if you managed to make it through my novel. :bigsmile: I really look forward to sharing with ALL of you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woo-hoo for both lili and dcgator on the BFPs!!!! Major sticky vibes to you both.

Fisher: I have the book that you mentioned and I think it's very insightful. I have yet to actually follow the advice, but I hope to look at it more seriously in the very near future!

Thanks to the ladies that relayed their acupuncture experiences. I am very close to trying that method to see if anything helps in my case.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Onedrop-Welcome!!! We're not to crazy here :bigsmile:

So sorry to hear about the infection following your RE appt last year, yuck!

This thread is awesome and I've found it really helpful to not have to be chipper and excited all the time, plus as awesome as jerkstores are, it's nice to have a jerkstore-free zone where someone you've never heard from before isn't popping to yell BFP before scampering off to the pregnant thread!

On my end, things are pretty good. DH and I yet again missed the "good times" of the fertile window due to his pulling a groin muscle at the gym :knockout: and just general Thanksgiving craziness...and you know what...he's more upset than me. I truly am in a good place b/c I know that throughout all of this our adoption process is moving forward. So funny that this time last year was our first month of "trying"...so much can change in a year!

On that end, there is a light at the end of the paperwork tunnel! We have our in-person home study meeting next week and as long as DH's passport arrives soon (it should arrive this week) all of our paperwork should be complete by the end of next week. Then we just need to get our homestudy certified by the state, approved by our agency, sent to Washington, and then sent to Ethiopia :appl: :appl: :appl: Then we are officially on the waiting list...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Onedrop - Welcome to the TTC hood. I hope your stay is short and sweet, and I look forward to getting to know you a bit better!

Gaby - I understand needing to do something you want to do before officially TTC. W and I went on 2 huge trips to Europe since we were married, and then in April, went on our last one to France thinking we'd be pregnant by the end of that trip. Didn't happen, but at least I don't have that fear of never seeing the world before I got pregnant.

Po - Hi! I've missed you. I hope all is well!

Bella - I'm totally with you on the "supply" purchases. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, hey? :naughty:

Lili, DC - hope you ladies are doing well. I'm going to pop by the Preg. thread to check on you both, though. We appreciate having your input around here.

Fisher - Cool link on that book. Thanks for that! I found I'm also "tired" and I also noticed one question that stuck out to me about my charts; it asked if I had a saddle shaped luteal phase chart and at least last month, I did. Do you, or does anyone else, know what a saddle-shaped luteal phase could directly indicate?

Steal - I'm still thinking of you, and completely understand why you had the posts deleted. Sending lots of support and hugs your way!

CDN - How are you, girl? Hope all is well with you. I'm planning another NYC trip in April; might you be around? :naughty:

Hope everyone else is doing well and had a lovely Thanksgiving!!!! :wavey:

AFM; Just truckin' along at CD10, preparing for the BDing marathon we will need to be having over the next few days. :naughty: Unfortunately, W has had some dental work done today, and I have oral surgery tomorrow, and again on the day after I normally O, so I'm not sure how I'll be feeling through all of this. Had to be done, but curses @ my timing!

Also, went to dinner with a girlfriend last night who I work with. We've both been TTC, her for a year+ or so now, and she's just learned that she's going into POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) at only 29. She's adjusting surprisingly well to the news, but hearing it from her last night was heartbreaking. She and I are 2 of the only women at my company who could likely be having a baby in future years, and I'm so gutted for her. I told her I have an entire ovary I can't even use right now, and if I could, I'd gift it to her.

Wishing you all so much luck this month. The Holidays are upon us and I am so hopeful for all of us!

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
It's been so exciting celebrating both DC & Lili's good news!

I had my MRI done last week. Long and boring procedure, but painless. It confirmed what the doctor suspected, that I have both fibroids and adenomyosis. Both harmless, and neither in positions that would negatively impact my quest to get pregnant, or my health in general. I take an injection class next week, and we start trying again (with medical assistance) in January.

And since we all just celebrated Thanksgiving, I'd like to share a little TTC gratitude. While I'm not pregnant yet, my sisters know we've been trying. One of them will be getting married in May. During the summer I had asked if I should take a month off trying, so I wouldn't have to worry about going into labor during the middle of the ceremony. Without hesitation my sister said absolutely not! Nothing would make a better wedding gift than meeting her new niece/nephew. Plus, she added, there would be several doctors and nurses in attendance, so I'd be well taken care of. Fast forward to Thanksgiving. My BIL is getting married next September. While I was speaking to his fiancee, she proceeded to tell me that her bridesmaids aren't allowed to get pregnant before the wedding because she thinks it's "disgusting." When I told her I thought pregnant bridesmaids were adorable, her only comment was, "Gross." That day I gave thanks for having such a wonderful sister (who loves the idea of having a pregnant bridesmaid).

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello TTC 2.0'ers,

Come on ladies, where you all hiding? I would love to hear how you all are doing. I miss you guys... :cry:

Steal - Maybe I missed something, but you didn't take off completely did you? I really do enjoy our chats and I think you are a fabulous person, so hopefully you are still lurking around somewhere and will pop in to say hi. Big hug!

Gaby - How are you feeling my dear? Any hints or ideas about this 2WW? Where you planning on testing early or waiting until AF?

Onedrop - Welcome to TTC 2.0 :wavey: Of course we would love to have you join us! Please feel free to use this as an outlet to vent, ask questions, and anything else that pops up during your journey. We all know this can be a trying time, so we are here to support everyone. I am sorry to hear about your stuggles with TTC, and especially about the negligence of the RE, but hopefully with a little help, you will be able to get your LO soon! As for your concerns with ART, I would recommend browsing the previous pages, as a few ladies have expressed that very sentiment. Maybe you will be able to take a different view of it, once you get some more stories. Either way, I hope that your stay will be short and sweet! PS thanks for the shout out ;-)

Bella - Yikes to the pulled groin muscle, your poor DH! I hope that he gets better soon. As for your window timing, I am so happy to hear that you are in a good place. Forget all the pressure and just look towards your impening mommy-hood through this adoption! That is GREAT news that the process is progressing so quickly. At this pace, you might just be a mommy before any of us, hehe. :bigsmile:

LTP - Boo on the dental work, no fun. Hopefully it won't be too painful though so you can get down to some good :naughty: . Thanks for asking about me. All is well on our end. ;-) That's awful about your colleague. I can't say I know too much about that issue, but hopefully there is something they can do to help her get KU. I'm sure she is glad to have you to share her journey with though.

Parrot - Nice to see you back in here. Happy Thanksgiving indeed! That's great news about your MRI and that you won't have any impedements to getting KU. I really hope that the injections due the trick. Remind me though, are you doing the IUI with Follistm or going to IVF? As for your sister, she sounds like a jewel. And as for that other girl, I think I will reserve my comments b/c my mommy told me that if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say that all :devil: .

To all the other ladies I may have missed, I hope you all are doing well. Please do check in when you get a chance!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Parrot, Welcome back!!!!! Hope that this new plan gives you a christmas suprise:)

As for the selfish bride, I say :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: Who says that?!?!?!?!?!

Your sister does sound like a gem!

DC-How are you feeling lady?

On my end, :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: my homestudy agency filled out a form wrong AND didn't follow-up on another one so that might put us a month behind schedule! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Note to my agency: if I specifically ask you what how something on a form should be filled out, do not BS me and give me the wrong answer!!! If you don't know, get off your duff and call the proper government agency in that state to figure it out!

Note to me: it has proven to be necessary to clean-up behind this agency! Whenever possible go behind their backs to ensure the forms are done right. Thank goodness we'll be done with this part in a few weeks (or a month and a half :angryfire: ) and then we only have to deal with our placement agency who we love!

Rant over, back to your regularly scheduled programming :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results