shape
carat
color
clarity

The Cupcake Thread!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, oops I''m sorry all, I didn''t realise the pic didn''t attach!

Here we go!

CuppiesforBronnie.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit closer.

And Jas!!!!! Those macaroons are THE best looking things i have ever seen! WOW!!!
18.gif

CuupiesforBronnnie.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Dandi--those cuppies are fantastic! The colors are so vibrant and i love the musical notes--i don''t think we''ve had note-toppers on here yet, have we?!

Thanks for the nice comments on the macarons everyone.

Lili--! I would love to be home with Co, baking etc. But i think it would end up being more work. I like to do it, but i am no where near as skilled as you believe me to be
1.gif
2.gif

Jaders--wow, you have a big job. Very cool. I am sure we would all love to see some pictures
1.gif
. Do you work right at the ''attraction'' with a team ?
Our city has one (really terrible) bakery. I would love to go back to school and learn commerical baking techniques. Our city need it-haha. Maybe some day when my kids are in school and i can commit some time to myself again.
Oh and, yes, i would love the brown sugar frosting recipe
18.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jas - those look delectable!!!

Is anyone doing special stuff for autumn and Halloween? I''m about to dive back into baking for the holidays.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the notes dandi, yay!!

i will be making zucchini spice cuppies this wkd from martha''s book for my msc cupcake baking blog club. not sure how much i will love the zucchini but with cream cheese on top they should be ok, cream cheese makes everything ok! then at the end of the month we are doing banana pecan cupcakes, which i am super excited about. the pick for oct was pumpkin spice i think and then there might be one more in oct that is halloween related so that will be fun too.

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Oh Dandi those are very cute
36.gif

Dragon I was aked for lots of mini bread cornucopias [or alike] this fall, It''s just a little too early for me, have two weeks to decide
33.gif

Made a vanilla/lemon cake with lemoncello chantilly cream for a dear friend of mine this weekend. Sorry, had to deform her ''unique'' name:

Lcurd.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Camille, you are amazing, girl!! That looks so fantastic!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Here are some choc mud with CC frosting cuppies I made yesterday. The four girls I was meeting for afternoon tea all wanted different colours!! One wanted hot pink, one green, one blue and one purple, so I mashed all four colour together. I wasn''t sure how it would turn out, but I think it ended up looking pretty cute!! I love how they all came out really different.

RainbowCuppies 004.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Up close.

RainbowCuppies 002.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had made the flowers especially for these, but added the butterflies I had left over from another project, just because.

RainbowCuppies 007.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Dandi--that multi-colored icing is the coolest! I bet your friends absolutley loved them
30.gif
. The toppers are great too. I love the little butterflies with the flowers!

Camille-that is one gorgeous cake. The chantilly cream looks so amazingly delicious, my mouth is watering as we type.
18.gif

Excited to see everyone''s fall creations

I am making cuppies for a wedding (friend) for the first time
32.gif
this weekend. I am a little nervous. Luckily it isn''t a huge amount (6-7 dozen). I am also in the wedding party so it''s going to be chaos...wish me luck
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i loveeee those frangi''s!!! super cute dandi... i love swirled frosting too. and i love making butterflies too, i have a little ''stash'' of them that i pull out when i feel like the cuppies need an extra visual boost.

lovely looking cake camille, i love eating layer cakes! need to get better with splitting and filling though, mine always end up a tiny bit crooked. any tips? i think just practice!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your kind comments ladies, those are gorgeous Dandi, especially the hot pink
36.gif

Best of luck Jas, I'm sure they are going to be delish
3.gif

As for splitting cakes Mara: technically I should bring the cake [chilled for 5 minutes] to the edge of the counter and start cutting w/serrated knife parallel to the counter while holding the top firmly. It works but not at home because I'm the one cleaning the floor. I weigh everything and it works for me....for the cake posted I used 3-9" pans filled with batter to almost half=460g with pan and all. If no scale avail, 2C of batter @ should do. Also gently drop the filled pans on the counter twice to release bubbles and distribute well. For heavy cakes ie pound/fruit/nut I use a spatula or bottom of measuring cup to flatten the centers leaving room for humps. Hotter ovens will create uneven cakes no matter what.....after a few you'll get used to it.
Filling: I use ateco 804 for 9" and larger [802 for smaller] to pipe a ring along the circumference of cakes as height guide & keeping fillings in place, but any large tip would do.
Made this one at SIL's house w/o serrated knife nor scale one layer is taller than the other, filling started to bleed, blending with the warm ganache:

DSCF5208.JPG

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Disguised to protect the innocent:

leather1.jpg

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!! I am a regular lurker in this thread, and I must say you have all inspired me to start working on my cuppie skills. I am still learning but I wanted to share the amazing centerpieces from the bridal shower my girls threw me on Saturday!

They were as delicious as they were beautiful!!! I still have a few left and am loooving my cupcakes and coffee at night
18.gif

centerpiecespan_man.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, good luck Jas! It''ll be busy, but a heap of fun! Let us know how you go! Are you going with a theme?

Camille, just gorgeous!!! And it looks totally perfect in yor pics! I want
18.gif

pan_manda, that is TOO cute!!!!!!! When is your wedding?! How exciting!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
can you all indulge me in a vent post...somehow just writing about it reduces my stress

So i have to make the wedding cuppies for saturday. Over 2 weeks ago i ordered black liners b/c the bride changed her mind and decided she wanted black (the flavor is RD and so the white liner doesn''t look great b/c of the red cake showing thru). Last time i ordered from this one company it took just a few days for the items to come in. But of course, my liners have yet to show and there is no answer at the shop where i ordered them. If they don''t arrive tomorrow i''ll have to use the white--which is not the end of the world, but really sucky for me cuz 1) they won''t look as good, 2) i spent a lot of $$ on shipping 3) i feel like i let the bride down--even tho it''s really out of my hands
38.gif
39.gif

I am thinkin i can dress the white liners up with tiny black bow, but it''s really not what i had planned.
Anyway, this is not exactly a life or death situation, lol, just some cuppie drama....

Panmanda--those centerpieces are really cool!!
I would love to do something like that for mother''s day or a garden party. Very creative
36.gif

Dandi--the theme is just black and white with a vintage feel. The toppers are round chocolates with the chocolate transfer filigree patteren i used on the cuppies i did for this same bride''s shower, coconut, white sprinkles and white mini roses. 6 different designs, but all pretty simple and black and white.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. After I did the pink monogram cupcakes for my friend''s shower, I got asked to do some for a baby boy shower....so here are my chocolate and cookies and cream monogrammed cupcakes!

bluemonogramcupcakes.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
and the cookies and cream.....the swirls aren''t very good b/c the cookies made it nearly impossible to pipe, but they tasted yummy!

cookiesncreammonogram.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Jas, sorry it hasn''t all gone to plan so far
8.gif
Fingers and toes crossed for you! Your ideas sound divine, and I''m sure anything you come up with will be amazing!

steph, beautiful as always! I''m dying to try those monograms!
30.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 5:49:24 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Camille, you are amazing, girl!! That looks so fantastic!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Here are some choc mud with CC frosting cuppies I made yesterday. The four girls I was meeting for afternoon tea all wanted different colours!! One wanted hot pink, one green, one blue and one purple, so I mashed all four colour together. I wasn''t sure how it would turn out, but I think it ended up looking pretty cute!! I love how they all came out really different.
LOVE these. Love ''em. The skill level on this thread is reaching dizzying heights!!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Thank you girls for your nice comments
face1.gif

Loved the hydrangeas Pan_m. Steph those monograms are perfect & my son's fave frosting
3.gif

Sending good vibes your way Jas
5.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, girls. We have some seriously talented people on these threads. The butterfly cupcakes are amazing! And Camille, those cakes look fab!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a batch I did this morning for a 40th I''m heading to later today down on the coast. She''s a girly-girl who loves all things pink and purple!

GAH! I''m nearly all cupcaked out!
37.gif

SusiesCuppies 001.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of zee butterfloies. I love making fondant decos!

SusiesCuppies 003.jpg

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
andi those look so YUMMY!!! i want to jump right into my computer screen and devour them!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi ladies...here are my zucchini cupcakes from earlier this week for the martha blog baking club. we are making banana pecan in a few weeks but my bananas are ready now so i fridged them and should bake them later this week.

i have brioche dough chilling in the fridge to make some pecan sticky buns for my sister's bday, she loves my cinnamon rolls and the like so i figure i'll surprise her at school today with some treats she can hide from her roommate. also one of our good friends' dogs just died suddenly from heart complications, so sad, they are having a rough time. so we'll drop some off for them as well.

love those butterflies!
eta gosh that photo is huge sorry hahaha. i was lazy and did a big dollop of frosting rather than anything resembling cupcake couture.

MSC Zucchini 013.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
mara--yum, the zuch cuppies look yummy and actually kinda healthy
3.gif

Steph--looks like you''ll be in business for monogram baby-shower cuppies !!
1.gif

Dandi--the butterflies are so SO cute!!!

Well, the wedding cuppies went well. The liners never did come in so i just used regular crappy white ones
15.gif
(i couldn''t even find good quality ones in this town) but the decorating went well and everyone loved them. I ended up doing 11 dozen. I baked them the night before and iced them in the AM. It was insanity since i was also in the wedding party (hair, makeup, duties etc. to fit in ) and five different designs (even tho they were simple) was time consuming. My kitchen was an absolute disaster!
I didn''t take any pictures, but if i can get one from someone, i''ll post em.

Now, i just need to find some use for hundreds of black liners....when, and if, they come in
40.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, Mara!! Cupcake couture or not, they look magnificent!!
18.gif
How terribly sad about your friends'' dog, they must be heartbroken. I''m caring for a sick little doggie now, and she''s still alive and I''m a total mess!
37.gif
My heart goes out to them xx

Aww Jas, I''m sorry you didn''t get the black liners in time
7.gif
I''m sure the cuppies turned out beautifully, and you must be wonderwoman to achieve all that in 24 hours!! The bride is one lucky gal
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol the zucch were TOTALLY healthy, thats what i told myself anyway as i ate like 3. actually i was not a huge fan of them, i love carrot because you can taste the carrot. zucch bakes mostly out so it just has this weird hint of flavor that is extremely hard to place, haha. i put a lot of SPICE so it was more like spice cake. but people really loved them! So no accounting for taste..hehee. mine is obviously off.

jas...wow sorry about the black liners but you are wonder woman. i have had a few of those ''kitchen is a disaster'' moments myself... when i am looking around going holy crap how did i achieve this level of MESS and oh crap now i have to clean it up haha. i am sure they turned out fab though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results