shape
carat
color
clarity

The Cupcake Thread!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's been a while since I posted any pics--baking was on a hiatus for a while as we moved, though I started up again a few weeks ago. I did some cupcakes yesterday for a Cherry Blossom themed bday and they came out SO CUTE...I loved them. I think these might be my favorite thus far. Picture is not the best, but you get the idea.

cherry blossom cupcakes.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and some chocolate chocolate ones (the other ones were vanilla bean) where I did something a little different, but altogether the theme would be cohesive. So cute.

cherry blossom chocolate cupcakes.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
Mara
Those cherry blossoms cuppies are pretty and just adorable!!!
Love them
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, you continue to awe me with your talent. They are beautiful!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic-looking cupcakes, Mara. You have both a talented eye and a talented set of hands.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks ladies!! they were actually a lot of fun to make!! i love being creative when i have the time.

sorry SDL i didn''t see it before, but i have an old camera actually. the canon SD550 from like 3 years ago. it still works ok but sometimes it gets blurry with hand shake...def older technology (so funny 3 years is older).

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous as usual Mara!!!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, WOW, those cupcakes look delicious and SO cute!! you are very talented!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, your cupcakes look great. I tried the swirl tops this weekend for some cupcakes for work. I couldn''t believe how much frosting they take. I didn''t have time to decorate so I put a small peanut butter cup in the center and they were a hit.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I just dropped off the order of cuppies for the 18th birthday party I posted about a few pages back, and I think they came out quite pretty. The birthday girl is a real girly girl, she loves pink and glitter and all things glitzy. I scattered them with little pink sugar pearls, edible hologram glitter, and topped them off with sugar flowers. I dropped them off in the boxes and made her mum promise to take a photo of them arranged on the cuppie tree for me! Here are the vanilla strawberry ones:

18thCupcakes 002.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The chocolate with pink peppermint frosting:

18thCupcakes 005.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe I see now in the two previous pics that a few of the pearls escaped in the car!
26.gif

Here''s the one for the top of the tree with the special flower, for the birthday girl!

18thCupcakes 003.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Closeup of the vanilla strawberry. I sort of feel funny about the prospect of eating glitter! Ah well
37.gif

18thCupcakes 001.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cupcake BLING!!!

Yeeeaaaahhhh!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

18thCupcakes 004.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and Mara I forgot to add, those cherry blossom cuppies are exquisite. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me
14.gif
14.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 4:13:42 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Well I just dropped off the order of cuppies for the 18th birthday party I posted about a few pages back, and I think they came out quite pretty. The birthday girl is a real girly girl, she loves pink and glitter and all things glitzy. I scattered them with little pink sugar pearls, edible hologram glitter, and topped them off with sugar flowers. I dropped them off in the boxes and made her mum promise to take a photo of them arranged on the cuppie tree for me! Here are the vanilla strawberry ones:

Wow!! They turned out GORGEOUS!!! What a great job! I would love those cupcakes for my own birthday, what a lucky girl! They look delicious too, glitter and all.
18.gif
I have been waiting to see how they would turn out and they are even better then I imagined in my head (from your previous description) LOL.
36.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 4:33:43 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Cupcake BLING!!!

Yeeeaaaahhhh!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Now that is definitely my kind of cupcake!! lol
9.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww! Thankyou SDL and missjaxon ( I knew you''d like the bling bit!!
9.gif
) for your lovely words! I was completely nervewracked because as I was being paid to make these little suckers I wanted them to be really good!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I just got ice cream cupcakes for SO''s B-day today! They are by Philly Swirl! Can''t wait to try them!

36.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Dandi
those are just gorgeous!
love the bling shot
30.gif
9.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Playing around today with a tub of store bought icing i needed to use up--i think i will re-do these for easter with a homemade icing (the consistency of the store stuff was ick and made it realllly hard to pipe)

but thought i would share anyway. I''ll post a pic of the ''new and improved'' ones when i do get around to making them....

cuppieflower.jpg

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi--those girly girl cuppies turned out SO cute--i am sure she just loved them--too cute to eat!
I''ve never seen those sparkles before, very fun.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 5:04:38 PM
Author: Jas12
Playing around today with a tub of store bought icing i needed to use up--i think i will re-do these for easter with a homemade icing (the consistency of the store stuff was ick and made it realllly hard to pipe)

but thought i would share anyway. I''ll post a pic of the ''new and improved'' ones when i do get around to making them....

Wow Jas! Those are beautiful, I can''t believe you did that with store bought icing! You are very talented!!
36.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
dandi YUMMOOO!!! those cuppies look great and yummy!!! i want to eat them up NOW!!!

jas12 those are really pretty!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12
You are talented!
Those flowers look so life-like.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!! Jas you are so clever!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 9:24:41 AM
Author: trillionaire
I just got ice cream cupcakes for SO''s B-day today! They are by Philly Swirl! Can''t wait to try them!

36.gif
They were delish!!! Nom nom nom....
18.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dandi gorgeous cupcakes. You did a wonderful job on them.

Jas12 your cupcakes look amazing. Great job!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi, your cupcakes turned out very cute!
Mara, your cherry blosson themed cupcakes are so creative! Did you make the little flowers with fondant? I tried making some designs with fondant but the climate is so humid that they never dried out. I''m going to keep trying and hopefully I''ll figure out something that works.
Jas, your flower cupcake is beautiful! What tip did you use? Did you just keep layering the petals to get that look? It''s really pretty!
Has anyone used gumpaste? I was going to try it since I hear it hardens better than fondant but haven''t quite yet. Has anyone made their own fondant? That''s on my list of things to try too b/c I keep hearing that the store bought brands aren''t very good. I just tried the Wilton brand so I can''t tell the difference yet.

I''m working on my Spring flavors now, I just need some time to experiment!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s some recent pics. These were for a bday party, chocolate with vanilla frosting and fondant topper.

pinkfondantsml.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results