shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Puffy
I am feeling ok. I’ve getting hungry frequently. I have to eat in small portion, otherwise I get bloated. How are you feeling?
How is B? Is he feeling better yet?
Tacori
I am excited about the camera. The first pics will be for her bday invitation. Hopefully I get some good ones to choose from.
lili
M has a Japanese ceramic bowl. The size of the bowl is 3.5 inches in diameter and about 2.5 inches deep. We fill it up to about half an inch from the top.
Bday planning is coming along. I am making a tutu for her bday pic that I am putting on her invites. I’ll probably get quotes for her bday cake this weekend.
Janine
I can’t answer your childcare/pre-school question since MIL is taking care of M. We plan to put M in daycare after baby #2 is born, so MIL can take care of baby #2. MIL can’t handle 2 under 2. We are hoping M can get into the daycare at DH’s work. That would be easiest, and he can go check on her if needed. My work is also close enough where I can go see her if I want. We still have to check out other daycares. I wouldn’t mind getting a nanny/helper for MIL to care for both kids, but MIL doesn’t want a “stranger” in the house.
Tgal
A must really want to play with the sand. She is usually such a mellow kid.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, my best pics come from outside. Good luck! Can''t wait to see what you shoot!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
You may have to nip the problem at the source -- the yard.
Are there strays or is your yard a back alley of some sort?
It may be pointless to bomb your place only to have the fleas reenter w/ you guys when you come in from the outside.

Janine--
Don''t have experience personally w/ nanny or pre-school, but my SIL did put her daughter in pre-school at age 3 part-time.
Preschool, as Tacori mentioned, is usually half day -- hrs vary though. She have a nanny for her daughter when she''s not in pre-school.
On days that she''s in preschool, hubby and wife split duties.
He leaves later so that he can drop her off at pre-school.
She went in to work early so she can be home in the afternoon when her daughter is out of school.
Of course, you can always arrange it w/ the nanny to pick up the baby too (but then you''ll have to install a carseat in her car and trust her driving).
Her nanny is okay w/ the hrs since she has a full time job at night.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
haha, enjoy it while you still think it is cute.
after that first tantrum, there are going to many to follow
14.gif

hehe, A must really love the sand to throw a fit like that since she''s such a mellow and laidback tot.
yay, sounds like A is doing really well w/ the transition to whole milk.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
sb oh it is so fun when they really start to talk and can have conversations!! you are going to love it when sabrina starts to do that for sure. B is a freaking character. i sometimes have to stop and wonder, "huh did he really just say that?" how''s your girl doing?

bobo how''s little B? still trying to scratch at his forehead? poor kid!! how''s the house coming along?

lili man, reading your struggle with weaning is making me feel so bad for J!! that poor girl. i hope she''s taking milk at daycare today!

janine we plan to put B is preschool next year. enrollment starts in june of next year and we will enroll when we can. we are putting him in full-time, 5 days a week. the school we have chosen has a drop off time of anywhere from 745-900 and pick up starts at about 430-5, so he will pretty much be there the whole day.

tgal tantrums are SO FUN right?!?! but that''s pretty good that it''s taken her 14.5 months. i think B was throwing BIG tantrums before he was even 1...they get more loud and crazier as they get older.

tacori that is so scary that all the kids just walked out of the house. thank god you guys caught them soon after.

qt i have that hungry all the time feeling as well. do you have any m/s? i''m feeling pretty good, still tired, but that''s pretty much it and nauseous sometimes, but that has calmed down a lot too. B is doing well, he is feeling better. thanks for asking.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
lili, I think DH and I are more scared to let him play then he is.
8.gif

How do I kill the fleas on the yard? pesticide? We were standing in the front yard
so I think maybe there are strays running around? We have a pool and a mini yard in the back.

Janine, I think there will be a scar, I''m just hoping it won''t be a
noticeable one. We plan to let little B go to pre-school when he is 3.
Right now my MIL takes care of him when we are at work.

TGal, I guess Amelia really love to play with the sand. We get at least one
tantrum a day from little B.

Thanks Tacori!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
puffy, he is grabbing the bandages and scratching every chance he get.
The house is coming along, hopefully we can move by next week.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I was being a bit cheeky on the "awesome" part. I was more like, "oh sh*t."

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
bobo: Hopefully his scar will be small if it doesn''t fade completely, I''m sure it will be. I had a bad fall when I was younger (on concrete stairs) and have a scar on my chin, but it''s really faded. And the only reason I have that scar is because I never got stiches for it (long story..we were in a foreign country and my parents wanted to avoid the hospitals).

tgal: the "awesome" comment is pretty fun though!

lili and puffy: thanks for feedback on pre-schools, good to know full time ones exist. Sounds like 3 is most common age to start though, so I''d have 2 years to figure out w/nanny probably.

qtiekiki & puffy: how are the preggo mamas doing?

on that note, I was officially approved to work from home once a week, I''m thrilled! One day makes a big difference. Best part is they left the door open for 2 days if the "trial period" goes well. It almost makes the grueling 4 month wait worth it. I am literally the only person in my dept to have this set up, which is why it was so drawn out. Thanks for listing to my vents along the way!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I''m so tired I need to nap while T is but just wanted to pop in and say hello to my mommy friends. I''ve been busy with T and volleyball conditioning and trying to make house decisions. Carpet and tile were yesterday and I was SOOOOOO overwhelmed. We''re also having friends in all weekend from out of town so I probably won''t be able to catch up for a while. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 4:25:19 PM
Author: janinegirly
TGAL: thanks..sounds like you got lucky finding someone good via CL. I''ll take a peek. Hard part is I wouldn''t be home to supervise, so really would have to nail down some references. Oh and yay for Amelia''s first tantrum
emwink.gif
. Was there back arching involved? If not, then you got it easy...lol
Ha, no back arching...she hasn''t figured that out yet, believe it or not. But I am sure I just jinxed myself.

Yeah, then I''d be wary. It was easier to find someone because I was home. I love our nanny.

Tacori, I haven''t looked it up yet, but will. Thanks again. Baby poop? Oh no...

Burk, rest up girl!

Exterminator comes today. Thank GOD.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2009 9:59:38 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Ha, I was being a bit cheeky on the ''awesome'' part. I was more like, ''oh sh*t.''

Haha, I thought that since A is so mellow, maybe her cry was soft and sweet
41.gif

You should see when J throws a fruity.
Eyes squeezed shut w/ tears pouring down.
Mouth as wide as can be and sound like a banshee.
Face is red like a tomato.
And of course, hair all wet from all that exertion
38.gif

Not a pretty sight.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Great that you and B are feeling better.
Just another month and it's the honeymoon tri?
I hope J turns around and start drinking at daycare too.

Bobo--
Honestly, I don't know how to get rid of fleas in the yard except to cut trim down the yard (no long grasses and unruly bushes since cats like to sleep in them).
Pesticide might work, but I'd be wary about using it if B is going to be in the yard playing?
How exciting that you guys are going to move in so soon.
Remember to put up before/after pictures of your house.

Janine--
Yay for possibly more days of telecommuting.

Tacori--
Yikes...that's scary that all the kiddies manage to sneak out w/o you guys knowing.
I guess they are big enough to reach for the door knob now huh.

Burk--
Yay for getting the carpet and tile!
2 headaches eliminated.
Any more "oh no" incidents w/ T?
5.gif

--------
Happy weekends everyone.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tessa had her first time out today. She did NOT enjoy it. I am sure it was just the first of many. Correction...she has her first TWO time outs today. I just had to put her back down for a nap b/c she is out of control.

Puffy, it is scary to think how quick things can happen.

Bobo, your house looks like it is coming along! You must be so excited. Sorry little B is scratching. Must be itchy though!

TGal, the back arches are SOOO annoying.
38.gif
I saved the e-mail in case you need more info on the crib.

Janine, yay to be working at home!!!

Burk, yay to some decisions being done. I am sure it is a relief to check those off your LONG list. Have fun with your OOT friends!

Lili, yes they are all tall enough to reach the door handles (on their toes). My neighbor has the lever kind that are SO easy to open. We have the round knobs and she isn''t quite tall enough to get a good grip. She HAS locked the cat in the crawl space (one of those mini doors) so I had to get one of those child proof things to put on the knob.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
So my friend who was coming this weekend (with her DH and little boy) just called and they''re not coming. She''s miscarrying.
7.gif
The worst part is we didn''t know they were preggo yet and we just found out this morning that I am....we were due within days. I''m heart broken for them.

I need to get T fed. I''ll be back later to catch up.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh Burk, I'm so sorry for your friend.
My thoughts to her and family.

Not to trivialize (hope I'm using the right word) her loss...but am I reading this correctly?
You got a BFP???? Congrats
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Awwww I am so sorry for your friend and her family.

Congrats on your BFP!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Glad the "old college try" worked. LOL.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Burk: I am so sorry for your friend, but Congrats to you..(oh my goodness..that was fast).

Is anyone else getting TTC fever with all these BFP''s...when they really shouldn''t! eek!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
real quick as i am trying to put B to bed soon...
BURK...YAY for you!! i am so happy for you and your DH!!! but i am so sorry to hear about your friend. that was really quick!!
be back later

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk! Amazing news! I knew you would get preggo right away. All that stress for nothing
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I''m just so excited and happy for you!!! yay for the old college try
36.gif

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Burk! I''m sorry about your friend - I hope she can try again soon.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili i am so excited for the second trimester,you have no idea!! i just remember that i felt so much better and had all the energy in the world. i feel so bad for J..that poor girl. she''s still on a milk strike? is she at least eating?

tacori what exactly do you do for T''s timeout? i am trying to get ideas cause all the timeouts i have put B in, he''s found a way to amuse himself and ended up enjoying it. he enjoyed it so much that i told him he was being a bad boy and he ASKED me for a timeout!! we have the round door knobs on all the doors, and B somehow managed to open one and now he opens all of them, including the front door. i have to go get the childproof door knob things tomorrow.

burk CONGRATS again!!! you guys must be over the moon excited. T and the new baby will be a little over 2 years apart or so?

so, i really think that B understands the concept of brothers and sisters and realized that he might not get us to himself. he said to me today, "mommy, i don''t want the baby." huh i thought? he''s been watching this DVD about family and i think it got to him. he just kept telling me that he didn''t want me to go away and he didn''t want to go away. i think he totally got the wrong idea from the DVD. hopefully it''s a phase.

have a great weekend everyone!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Janine, sorry to hear about your scar. How old were you? Did you remember the fall? Yay on being able to work from home once a week, that is so awsome.

36.gif

lili, We''re going to get a gardener to come and clean the yard up and hopefully that will help. I am starting to get excited, went to check on the house today
and saw the tiles are done in the kitchen. It''s looking more and more like home. Will post some photos at the house thread when I get a chance.

Tacori, sorry to hear about the time out.good thing she don''t enjoy it. little B is starting to enjoy his time out.

Burk, I''m so sorry to hear about your friend. But so happy for you!!

36.gif

puffy, little B is like B too, found way to entertain himself at the time out. Sorry to hear about B don''t want the baby. I think he just don''t want to share you with the baby.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Burk: not to intrude either but ur preggo!?!? oh my goodness!! im SO happy for you!!!! (and really sorry to hear about ur friend
7.gif
)...but super duper excited for u!!

Tacori: yikes!!! time out already?? sorry to hear T is acting up
7.gif

Tgal: A throwing a fit?? i can't imagine it! shes such a mellow cute kid! sorry bout the flea situation too
7.gif

puffy: B just amazes me with how smart he is at such a young age!

Bobo: sorry to hear about the scratching and trying to remove the bandages off
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

ETA: just thought id add that little K went to the potty twice so far for #2!!! he knows about the potty now and says 'potty' and i take him to sit on it (i decided to go straight to the one that fits into ours) and he sits there giggling away and twice we were lucky! im hoping next week with my intensive all potty training goes smoothly!
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Puffy, I realized there is NO way I could make her sit in a chair at this age so I started to think of ways to confine her. My first thought (and what my friends use) is the pack 'n play. But then I was worried she would have negative feelings towards it (we use it as her bed on trips). So I came up with my idea. I feel like kinda of a bad parent BUT we have a sectional that is placed on an angle. So the back of one side and the corner of the walls make this empty triangle of space. I think it is a decent size. I could sit behind the sofa comfortably. So I put her back there for a min. and a half. The first part she was quiet and probably "exploring." But then she realized she couldn't get out, couldn't really see AND there was nothing to do so she SCREAMED. She was so angry when I got her out and wouldn't even look at me. Then she started hitting my face and I warned her with a timeout and she did it again so back she went. She was PISSED! I actually let the room and when I came back I saw the top of her head/forehead bouncing up and down. She was obviously jumping to try to see. That part was kinda funny.

Bobo, that is funny that little B and Puffy's B enjoy timeout. Haha. Where do you have him do it?

msb, she is very strong willed.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! We aren't telling anyone until my first appt....can't tell DH I spilled the beans online. I think he'd be pretty mad because he didn't even tell his brother and they 're super close. According to the nurse when I called the Dr's office I'm 5.5 weeks and due Feb. 7. My first appt it July 7th. Once we see everything is okay at the appt we'll tell everyone else. As for the "college try" we hadn't even done that yet. DH is kind of upset about that!
3.gif
We did the old married couple try (as in got lucky) because FF kept changing my chart and my O date. I thought I had Oed while DH was OOT. So there was no timing involved and not very much BDing at all.

lili~T loves babies. I figured she'd probably like looking at them but didn't think she'd actually sit still. Bonus!
9.gif
She knows exactly what she's doing with the whole PT thing. She's still young, though, so I'm not pushing it. She goes for DH every time, though.
20.gif
The carpet and tile aren't exactly done. We have samples sitting at our house now...and need to make some decisions. We're closer, though.

mrss~That's right. She knows what she wants and I couldn't even venture a guess as to which time she'll actually choose to go on the potty. Stinker.

puffy~Yea, T is a piece of work. She knows exactly when she has to go (and can even hold it all night we found out this morning when she had a dry diaper and asked to go potty) but it's on her schedule.
20.gif
Oh well. At least she's cute.

SB~T is so young (not even 17 mo) pushing PT would do us no good. She's also so young that rewards like sticker charts and stuff don't really work. I'm in no real hurry and I could see her doing exactly what your nephew did and rebel doing it all together because she's so strong willed.

Bobo~Yea, I laughed about it to (when she wasn't looking
41.gif
)

janine~Mischief is exactly what it is. She's a piece of work. I'm actually not really all that frustrated about it (yet) since she's young and I know she knows exactly what she's doing so readiness isn't an issue. Congrats again on getting to work from home one day week. T will go to daycare half days next year while I'm at work and they do an actual structured curriculum and lessons at her age (18 mo). They obviously also have free time for them to play but I like the balance.

Tgal~Tantrums are such a good time! I have been napping when T does all week so I thought something was up...

Tacori~Ewww to the poop incident. Scary about the escaped kiddos. My T's peeing on the floor was calculated. My T knew she was going and knew she was being naughty. She can hold it and she goes on the potty 1/2 the time. She just wanted to see my reaction. I laughed about it when she wasn't looking.
16.gif

msb~Yay for some PT success!!!

ETA~RE: timeout I put T on the bottom step of our steps going upstairs. Its boring because she can't play and if she tries to get off I just put her back on.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Burk! That is awesome news!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi gang

Burk--OMG Congrats!! So exciting. Wow, this is going to be a busy, busy year for you!
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori--i think you found a good time out location. Hopefully she'll dislike it enough that a 'threat' will do
31.gif
. I can just picture her popping her head up trying to peek over the furniture.

tgal--tantrums are just swell ! I get the back arching when i am trying to get Co into his car seat. every. damn. day. Only 2, maybe 3 more years of it righ?!
32.gif

weather is finally nice enuf to do something outside. My mom cranked the heat on her pool so we are off for a swim. Don't know why we bother with an outdoor pool in these parts--practically only get to use it for 2 months of the year, so i better maximize our time!!
I am officially in single motherhood now as DH is fully immersed in house building. He gets up with Co around 6:00ish to have brekkie/playtime with him and then come home for 2 hours to see us and give Co dinner/bath. But he's back out the door at 7pm and now working 7 days a week. joy. It's only for a few months, but it'll feel like a looooong few months i am sure. Very exciting though, our house is coming along nicely!

Have a great w/e everyone.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks iluv and jas12!

jas12~yay for house progress!! And for pool weather. We''ve had terrible weather all week (70''s and rainy) which has been depressing since it''s my first week of break and I really wanted to do fun outdoors stuff with T. Oh well. We played in the rain a couple days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results