color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miracles - Hope your GD is ok and all your worry is for nothing.

Kunzite - When you say you are going to be without your things for 10 days, uhm, where are y'all going to sleep?!? At least you will have family nearby to help, right? What about the cats? Well, at least it's just a one time thing and then you are done, right, so it's a worry limited in time!

That's funny about the books. S still HATES being read to, though she is ok with it at circle time at daycare. At home, she yells and tugs on the book with all her might until you give it to her. DH sometimes does a bubble bath for her, but I rarely do. He's Mr. Fun, I am, well, not that fun! Haha.

S got her haircut yesterday and sat in the big girl chair for the first time. She was sooooo good. I thought for sure she would freak out, but they had lots of books/toys to occupy her while her hair was being cut. It's a bob now. She is soooooooooooo cute!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
LV - Ummmm hello! Where are the pictures of this adorable bob? O is now to the point where he won't let us read many of his books, instead he points to all of the pictures and says, "ah dee," translation = What's this? Even when he knows what the picture is. It's really cute but really redundant at the same time! We'll borrow a bed and crib from my sister for a bit until our stuff arrives and DH is taking the cats in the car with him :o That will be an adventure!!

I was looking back at pictures I've posted of O and saw this one. Ummm hello Miles! They look so alike!

IMG_07912.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1344975920|3251438 said:
LV - Ummmm hello! Where are the pictures of this adorable bob? O is now to the point where he won't let us read many of his books, instead he points to all of the pictures and says, "ah dee," translation = What's this? Even when he knows what the picture is. It's really cute but really redundant at the same time! We'll borrow a bed and crib from my sister for a bit until our stuff arrives and DH is taking the cats in the car with him :o That will be an adventure!!

I was looking back at pictures I've posted of O and saw this one. Ummm hello Miles! They look so alike!

IMG_07912.jpg

oh wow, they do look alike!!!! awww, so Adorable! :love: :love: PLEASE POST MORE PICS KUNZITE!!

LV, yay for beautiful S getting a haircut! pic??

missjae

Shiny_Rock
All you Mommies and Daddies that have a Bumbo Seat. There has been a voluntary Safety Recall. Please stop using the Bumbo and visit their website to order a FREE Repair Kit which will include a restraint belt and new warning stickers. Once the Repair Kit has been properly installed, you'll be able to continue use of the chair!

Canadian Mommies and Daddies go here: http://www.bumbocanada.com/

American Mommies and Daddies go here: http://recall.bumbousa.com/

304723_10151106663218469_696410832_n_3.jpg

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
I love all the recent photos! So many cute kiddos, and Kunzite your twins are precious!

By the way, when do you guys hit the road? Have you heard of Feliway? It's a pheromone spray with calming effects on cats. You could spray their bedding and inside the carrier before you put the cats in (let it dry first) and maybe it will help curb some of their anxiety that driving in a car can cause. Good luck with everything!

Hi to everyone else :)

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Liam is 1!! His birthday was yesterday and we had his party on Saturday.

OMG. My son is 1. This is just crazy.

I already have some questions for you ladies....

First: some background info....

I rock Liam to sleep every night with his bottle.
I think he is dependent on the bottle to sleep.
I think he is dependent on ME rocking him to sleep.

I am intending to take the bottle away sooner rather than later. I was thinking of taking it away cold turkey when he switches to milk in a couple days. But then I got to thinking that might make the already not so good sleeping situation even worse. So I was thinking of taking it away during the day (I don't think this will be an issue) and only giving it to him at night. Now if I do that, I was thinking of laying him down with the bottle? Do any of you do this??

I just need advice as to what is the best way to go about this....

_845.jpg

_846.jpg

_847.jpg

_848.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Liam, sooooo adorable!!!
oh gosh, I am not sure what you should do. Can you read a book and just place him in his crib? I think transitions are tough. Does he eat finger food? I give my boys their milk with dinner and then they play and then bed. I did use to rock Miles but my husband told me Miles is too big for rocking and he cried at first (this was rocking for naps only) but now he doesn't. Good luck!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, ladies! I haven’t posted here in forever! It’s mainly because I could seriously write a book about this kid and I feel like I only have time for quick hit posts. Being a pregnant mom to a toddler doesn’t really lend itself to well formed thoughts/posts!

Anyway, here’s a little update on N. His birthday was great. We had a pregnancy scare that morning which was so not fun but his party was a great distraction. It was a beautiful day (unlike last year which was SWELTERING HOT) and we had about 20 friends/family over to celebrate. We had a truck themed party including a dump truck filled with worms and dirt. I wasn’t feeling well and went to bed early the night before. DH and DD surprised me by putting up all of the decorations. I woke with DS the next morning and it was like Christmas to him! He kept saying, “Whoah!” He ended up ruining all of DD’s streamer work by running through the house with the balloons but she fixed it right up!

He received lots of lovely gifts but lost interest in opening them after he opened a three piece rescue vehicle set from my brother. He played with those while my nephews enjoyed opening the rest. I have a great picture of him eating his cupcake that I’ll share once our PC is up and running. We’re getting work done on our office/future nursery so the computer is currently disassembled.
Things have been good since the birthday too. DS is coming out of his shell and sometimes even introduces himself to strangers. He’ll say, “Hi, man!” and tell them what his name is. He’s also doing really well at daycare and doesn’t begged to be picked up as soon as he sees me. On our way out the door, he shouts “Bye, friends!”

His interests haven’t changed much – this kid LOVES vehicles of all kinds. He can identify the following by name (and the list grows by the day) – Trash truck, Fed Ex Truck, UPS truck, ambulance, fire engine, police car, motorcycle, dump truck, tractor, school bus, train. He also knows the cars of family and friends he sees frequently– he can identify Grandma’s car (any Honda Pilot) from a mile away…and you can’t fool him with any other SUV. He somehow knows the difference. When he hears the train, ambulance or fire engine, he puts his hand to his ear (as if to enhance the sound) and says, “Do you hear it? The train is coming!” Yesterday, I took him to the grocery store and there was a matchbox display near the register. I allowed him to pick one and he walked out of that store with the bag hanging on his arm so proudly! It was the cutest thing ever! :love:

He’s talking so well now – he’s starting to tell stories which is really fun. Sometimes he gets so excited when telling you something that he’s difficult to understand but, other than that, his language skills are pretty good.

We still have issues with sleep and food. Dinner time is rough at our house. We really need to come up with a plan – A. to get him to eat at meal times period and B. to get him to eat some things with nutritional value.

Sleep is slightly better as he falls asleep in his own bed (and takes great naps) but he still gets up at some point in the night and comes in with us. We have to make some changes before the baby comes. We’re strongly considering hiring a professional. There’s a sleep consultant in our area that comes highly recommended. It sounds ridiculous but I think we might need it at this point.

See? I told you I could write a book! Hopefully, it all makes sense.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pupp, I hope all is okay, congrats on the bun!!!! happy 2nd birthday, wow, time flies! :appl: awww, that is cute he loves all sorts of trucks! :love:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Fly by update for my 47 month old kid (I just can't leave this thread:)

B started preK (NYC fullday public preK). he has a dapper little uniform and I think will like school once he's comfortable, but right now he's really nervous ;( He was fairly comfortable at his daycare, but he was definitely getting bored hanging with the babies all day...so hopefully this will prove to be the right decision once we are over this transition.

His teacher seems ok, not great, not awful, but definitely at least little above average as far as teaching goes. The teaching assistant seems a little below average, but that's a whole 'nother story. there are 18 kids and many of them seem very nice.

The school is near my work and a reasonable distance from DH's work so it helps us limit afterschool care, etc. plus, psychologically, B loves being down the street from my office and I think that it makes him feel safer.

but...here are my WTF moments from his first week at school. I'm not a very happy mama today:

1.Mayor Bloomberg, I appreciate that you "care" about public health. I do not necessarily agree that soda sizes should be legislated (though it doesn't matter to me personally b/c I don't drink soda) but regardless, before you start imposing your views on the general public, how about if you legislate and enforce better nutrition for preK? The ONLY beverages my son has been offered this entire week are chocolate milk and juice (no water, no white milk, no individually packaged organic milk I sent from home) :angryfire: and his preK class has not been served a single green vegetable this week...and FYI, in my book pizza sauce and pinto beans are not vegetables, so really they have not been served a single VEGETABLE this week. The school administration said that no outside food or beverage are allowed and all students must eat school lunch, though they will grudgingly make an exception for my son b/c of his food allergies...do you really think that you can feed my child better than me? If appreciate that school breakfast and lunch are vital for some families, but don't impose it on mine.

Also, how about if you make school food ingredients publically available so that I can figure out what I would let my son eat in terms of allergies and ingredients?!?!?!??!

2. School administrators, if you ask for my help with a professional business skill (like fundraising, strategic planning, etc.), please understand that although I am happy to help, I work full time as well. my schedule is not 100% flexible, nor is your schedule "more challenging" or "busier" than mine. Respect my time.

3. teacher, teacher, teacher...if my son has a potty accident and you can't find his spare set of clothes (which were given to the teaching assistant on the first day of class as per your request) and I don't answer my cell phone when you call, please immediately call my work phone and my husband's cell. Do not leave him in wet clothes all day, assuming we are "too busy at work to bring our son dry clothes". Unfortunately, my cell phone was left at home this morning but I have been at my desk all day and my husband has had his phone on all day as well. why did we need to fill out the phone number forms in triplicate if you weren't even going to use them?

it is a very good thing that my calm and patient and articulate husband picked B up today, assessed the situation, and sat down with her to immediately discuss why this was not ok and what should be done in future situations. I would have gone bat sh%t, mamabear, crazy! I am still kind of in that place, and he called me about this 40 minutes ago...in what world is it ok to leave a child in urine soaked clothes b/c you "don't want to bother the parents at work, they are busy"?!?!?!?!?! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Bella, OMG hon. I'd be totally mambear crazy too. Fortunate for them your DH picked B up. Deep breathes, and HUG HUG HUGS!!!! So glad B's doing well in this transition.

Pupp, I"m hoping N's sleep issues get better. I can't believe the little man is TWO!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Been so busy. Right now I'm in Houston for work. Fly back tomorrow. 28 hours or something. Yuck. So we moved into our permanent residence which is a condo with gym, tennis courts, pool, etc. Skye likes the playground and the pool. She can doggy paaddle really well. If you throw a ball in the middle of the pool, she'll jump in and swim to it. Likewise she can swim from the deep end to the stairs. This is all with a life jacket, of course.

She started daycare (which is more like school) at the beginning of August. The school is for 18 mo to 6 yrs old. She's the only Caucasian kid. There are 8 kids in her playgroup. They have 2 teachers for each group. One speaks only English and the other only Mandarin.
They have lessons in both languages. They do A LOT of drawing and painting. The teacher told DH that Skye does not grasp the concept of the numbers 1 & 2 yet. I'm not concerned. She's at the point where she is just copying everything we say and do. we are also told,repeatedly, that she eats more than the 4 year olds. I'm so glad she's not a picky eater. The other day the whole school went to a fish farm. They gave her fish to bring home without asking us. We let them go in the reservoir. At school she naps on a mat on the floor, in between all her classmates. No mattresses there!

She had bronchitis and had to stay home for a week. Otherwise, we had about 2 months where none of us were sick - a record! DH is doing a fantastic job getting her ready, taking her to school, picking her up, swimming, giving her dinner, shower and now that I've been gone for a week, pretty much everything. I was in Australia for a week in August and all was well under control at home.

Going to see if I can post some pics. Oh, she's 21 months now

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
At the beach in Indonesia for a long weekend. Skye would run into the sea and dive into the waves.

_1051.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Helping Mom cook breakfast

At school. They wear uniforms. Guess which kid is mine.

_1052.jpg

_1053.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Noel, OMG love the pictures of Skye!!! I'm glad she's doing so well in the new place.

Question for you BTDT mamas, do you have an opinion on getting car seats from a rental car company? We're going to Switzerland for vacation and we're bringing our 8 month old. We'll have a car for 2/3rds of the vacation. Should we bring our own car seat (Diono Radian RXT) or just get one with the rental car.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1348757603|3275471 said:
Noel, OMG love the pictures of Skye!!! I'm glad she's doing so well in the new place.

Question for you BTDT mamas, do you have an opinion on getting car seats from a rental car company? We're going to Switzerland for vacation and we're bringing our 8 month old. We'll have a car for 2/3rds of the vacation. Should we bring our own car seat (Diono Radian RXT) or just get one with the rental car.

LC - I would never use a rental seat. You have no idea how the seat has been treated by the people who rented it before you. When we fly we always, always buy a seat for the kids and bring our own seats. Always! I will never understand why lap children are allowed it's so crazy dangerous. Clearly I'm in the minority on that.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
... and since I can't resist pictures, the flight for our move...

:cheeky:

img_0389.jpg

img_0388.jpg

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! Kunzite your kids all look so contented. What's your secret?????? How old were the twins when you took your first flight?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1349361071|3279267 said:
... and since I can't resist pictures, the flight for our move...

:cheeky:

oh wow, I have never flown with my twins. Now that they are mobile I am too scared. I bet you all did great and O is an awesome big brother and help!! how are you all getting settled in? awwww they are darling!! I know you are great with the ebay bargains but I want to say check out your local twins club garage sale! I sold everything except one bouncer and I helped at our local sale and clothes and stuff was so inexpensive. I was kicking myself when I didn't have a moment to shop; next year I am going to shop, ours had gap jeans and gymboree clothes for $1 or $2!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a quick pic of my boys trying on their Halloween Costumes. They thought it was sooooo much fun; they are super happy little 1 1/2 year olds!!! :bigsmile: We want to go trick or treating but we will see; maybe we will go to 5 houses and then just pass out candy. Happy Halloween soon and Easterners, thinking of you!!!!

dscf3261.jpg

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Way too cute! Can't wait to hear what the boys think of this whole Halloween deal. :)

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy how cute are your monkeys!!!!

Keep up the good work moms2000!!! It's wonderful to pop in here to see what lies ahead - more giggles - I love it!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Parrot and Ello!!! I loved seeing your little ones dressed up! cutest lion and princess! :love: :love: The boys were scared of some of the scary costumes but they had fun going for a walk in their stroller. We just went a few houses and then turned on music and they danced in our house to the Monster Mash. hehe It was a fun night overall!!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, I bet those boogie butts are adorable! Do they have a fav. song?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ello|1351780515|3296832 said:
Skippy, I bet those boogie butts are adorable! Do they have a fav. song?

my boys love music so we play all sorts of stuff but for some reason they really jam to Weezers Troublemaker. Does your son rock out? :D

ello

Brilliant_Rock
He likes the intro to the kids show called Dinosaur Train. He can't boogie butt just yet but I'm sure if he could he would. He flops his arms really fast and kick like crazy when the show starts. Bless their silly ways!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ello|1351808897|3297022 said:
He likes the intro to the kids show called Dinosaur Train. He can't boogie butt just yet but I'm sure if he could he would. He flops his arms really fast and kick like crazy when the show starts. Bless their silly ways!
Oh I am going to have to google that, OMG, that sounds so cute!!!! squeeee! I love their silly ways! It makes Motherhood awesome!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Skippy,
Just wondering if you refer to your boys by their corrected age or original Birthday? People get so confused because our guy was so premature...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ello|1351911130|3297780 said:
Hi Skippy,
Just wondering if you refer to your boys by their corrected age or original Birthday? People get so confused because our guy was so premature...

I usually tell people their actual birthday and then I say something like they were born 10 weeks early so they do stuff a (adjusted age baby does). Most people I would say actual birthday, unless they looked at me funny. I did remind our OT, how old they are for hitting milestone sort of things. Is that what you do too?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results