shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is darling!!!! :love: How old is she now? awww thanks for sharing; she looks like such a sweetheart!

I mentioned this in another thread but right now Evan and Miles are blowing kisses!!! Evan uses both hands! it is too CUTE :love:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's 17 months. :))

That's so adorable that they blow kisses. People love that when you're out and about! It's so cute!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - great pics of the boys with their flags. how about a blowing-kisses pic?

LV - does S like her playhouse? is she "pretending" when playing, yet? Skye likes to pretend that she's feeding her stuffed animals and tickling their belly-buttons. otherwise, she pretty much copies everything we do and is now trying to repeat everything we say, though half the time it doesn't sound anything like our words. by the way, what do people mean by saying that your S will regress if you put her on the potty? haha, that reminds me... our S would grab her potty, put it in the hallway, sit on it, and then push herself with her legs and go shuffling down the hall. we've been putting her on the regular toilet with her own seat for the past couple of months and that is going well, but not yet perfectly because only some of the time she tells us that she needs to go "poo poo", so we try to be ahead of schedule and put her on regularly (especially after meals), but sometimes she'll walk into a room with a foul smelling diaper and we know we missed our window.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Noel!!! No, she doesn't really pretend play yet. She actually uses the house a lot less that I thought she would. There was a house like it at a farm we went to, and she loved it, went to the sink, opened and closed the windows. Other kids would go in and out, and she just seemed to love being inside it. Of course, then I find one on Craigslist, send DH an hour away to get it, he straps part of it to the roof of the car, set it up for her, and she's like, meh. Hahaha! I think she will grow to love it, and I especially think if we have other kids over, that it will then get lots of use. She's big on taking everything out of where it's supposed to be, relocating it, sometimes putting it back, and sometimes not.

By regressing, I think they mean that she will just stop using the potty! Either refuse to use it, or have accidents, or whatever else a kid could do, and it does seem like a lot for some kids. I don't think she'll be fully trained, by any means. Just glad that she has shown interest and has used it some already.

How is Singapore? Is S in her new daycare yet? How did that adjustment go?

geri

Shiny_Rock
LV- Thanks for posting pics. S is just divine! She really is a little girl now. That's great about the potty. I hope it continues to go well. We just bought one last week but all C wants to do is stand in it. Thank god she doesn't know how to use it or that could be really messy! She does tell us when she has done a poo, so I'm sure we will get there at some stage. It is also midwinter here so I'm happy to wait another couple of months before we try properly since getting her out of all those layers is a pain.

Funny that you asked about vacations - we were actually away when you posted. We haven't travelled much with C at all. We took her away for a long weekend at about 4 months and then to Fiji for 10 days when she was 6 months and her sleep was so appalling both times (ie refused to sleep in her cot during the day so had to be carried or pushed in the pram for every sleep and woke every 1-2 hours at night, every night) that we were too scared to do it again. We finally went on a trip a couple of weeks ago and she was so much better - the first couple of nights she had one prolonged wake-up but after that she slept better than she does at home. I think she was exhausted from all the physical activity. Am actually contemplating taking her to Hawaii later in the year, just need to get my head around a 9-10 hour flight with a toddler.

Noel - I'm glad you are settling into Singapore.Glad S behaved herself on the flight. Wow that all the condos have pools - that's great. Have you moved S to a bed now rather than a cot? How did the transition go?

Skippy - my heart melts every time I see pictures of your boys. So cute. And the blowing kisses is so much fun. C now sometimes says "mwah" when she does it - very cute.

Hope everyone else is well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, awww, I bet she is doing so much!! I notice my boys do some much more each week! I didn't realize our kids were only 3 mos apart!!!

NOEL, how is Singapore? it is some place I would love to someday visit!!!

GERI, thank you; I feel the same about your darling daughter! We took the boys to Colorado and they didn't do so well; we wanted to go to Hawaii and Colorado was suppose to be the test trip but each night they ended up in bed with us! lol They STTN but in CO they would wake up crying. I am glad she sleeps well on trips!!!

Kunzite, M&E are precious :love:

Well, I have something come up out of the norm (after it happens I will post about it) but Evan and Miles start daycare next week! We took them to a daycare to check it out today and all went well so Monday they go for half day. I think the good thing will be to take them 2x a month just so I get a break (I love them and love seeing all they discover each day) but I think it will be fun for them to meet kids (they were excited to see other little ones) and I can run errands, etc. Hope everyone has a great weekend! :bigsmile:

oh and we are slowly trying to get rid of bottles; they are lazy about drink out of sippy cups! I wish they would drink out of them, agh! Oh well; if they weren't so skinny then I wouldn't thinking about it too much!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
we found a more permanent place to rent and will be moving there beginning August. before that time I have to fly to Brisbane (Australia) for work.

so now that we know we're going to live, DH and Skye checked out a day care near by. we wanted it to be within walking distance so our live-in helper (whom we also still need to find) could drop S off in the mornings, go home and clean, and then pick up S at 3:30pm. granted, we could leave S at home with her the whole day and save on all day care costs, but S loves playing with other kids and is so sociable that it's best for her to be around other kiddos. she'll be the first Caucasian kid ever enrolled in this day care! they have a daily curriculum, so in the morning she'll have an hour of English and an hour of Mandarin. her class will be 8-10 kids with 2 teachers. these teachers actually teach, unlike in Holland where they pretty much watched the kids play all day. then some external music company comes by a few times a week to let the kids play instruments. they also shower the kids in the afternoon, before nap time. the kids have to wear uniforms. guess I don't have to buy as many clothes in the future, just for weekends. and there's hardly any wait list. she can start the 1st of August! and when she gets older, if we want her to take some more "advanced" classes (I guess math and reading), she can do those in the afternoon.

today it's raining so the pool was empty, but that didn't deter us! it's still hot outside. DH has been taking S swimming every day. she can't master moving to where she wants to go, but she's pretty good without having to constantly hold her. she always has her feet sticking out of the water. it's funny.

noelwr140712.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOEL, wow, a little fish; is she good at floating? too cute! that is interesting about having the kids shower, I wonder why?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - due to the heat + humidity, apparently the kids get all stinky after playing outside in the morning. therefore the shower. it's probably just a quick rinse. she's good at floating with the floatee thing on. if we take it off, she sinks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1342359978|3234278 said:
Skippy - due to the heat + humidity, apparently the kids get all stinky after playing outside in the morning. therefore the shower. it's probably just a quick rinse. she's good at floating with the floatee thing on. if we take it off, she sinks!
I was talking to my husband about it and he guessed it was due to the humidity/heat! Okay that makes sense!!!!

oh your pics inspired me to get a fun little pool for my boys!!! Your daughter looks like she is having a ball! :bigsmile:

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you ladies don't mind me intruding... but I have a question to ask...

Liam is a little over 10 months and standing and pulling himself up all the time now. I know he will be walking soon so I'm thinking he is going to need a pair of shoes for support. I don't put shoes on him - like, ever - so I'd really like some advice as to when he should get a pair and if they should be pre-walkers? or just regular shoes? And do I wait to buy them until he is really sturdy on his feet? Forgive me as I know nothing about this... hopefully you guys can help.

PS. All your little ones are just precious! I'll be posting over here regularly SOON! I can't believe it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
inhisarms17|1342539178|3235462 said:
I hope you ladies don't mind me intruding... but I have a question to ask...

Liam is a little over 10 months and standing and pulling himself up all the time now. I know he will be walking soon so I'm thinking he is going to need a pair of shoes for support. I don't put shoes on him - like, ever - so I'd really like some advice as to when he should get a pair and if they should be pre-walkers? or just regular shoes? And do I wait to buy them until he is really sturdy on his feet? Forgive me as I know nothing about this... hopefully you guys can help.

PS. All your little ones are just precious! I'll be posting over here regularly SOON! I can't believe it!

yay Liam; I bought these soft shoes for M&E http://www.pediped.com/boys-baby-toddler.aspx#filter=categoryFilter%3Da8147b22-304b-4ba2-8a1b-717186a6d604

babies need a soft shoe to build muscle in their feet when learning to walk

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, Skippy!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Morning! Will post more later, but just posting a smile for now! :))

sam_being_sam.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy - Just wanted to say your post sounded intriguing -- the part about something coming up! What could it be?! Have they gone to daycare yet? Wasn't sure if it was this week that they were starting. I think it's a great idea. Mamas need breaks too! And, I bet they will love making new friends! S really likes going, and she loves her teacher, and her teacher loves her right back! It's very sweet.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! I have been away too long. All your babies are adorable! I can't believe how much they've changed and grown. :love: :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww S is darling; she looks like a joy! I have JD for this coming week, then they will go to daycare one time every other week.

E & M love daycare! If they go half day they sleep so much in the afternoon (too much fun)!!! I will put them in this Friday so my hubby and I can finally have a date!! My parents watch them sometimes so we can go for a quick lunch but we haven't ever gone to a movie so this will be fun knowing that they love playing with other kids and some time to ourselves.

So what do you all pack for the little ones at daycare (snacks)?? I send them with bananas, cheese, yogurt, carrots for steaming. I would love some ideas. When did you start giving them utensils to feed themselves?? thanks for any ideas or thoughts!! :wavey:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy - Does the daycare have utensils? Mine does. Honestly, all of this stuff is such a blur, like when did she start using a spoon? I honestly don't recall, sorry! I'd say she's just gotten good with using a spoon in the past 3 months, better and better, and now she's at the point where I can give her applesauce (she calls it api and her eyes light up when you say applesauce) in one of those little containers (from TJ's) and can feed herself, but it's still pretty messy! Same with yogurt. We do the organic whole milk, no sugar yogurt, and sometimes add the unsweetened jam (also TJ's). I think it works out to be less expensive than the little cups.

For daycare, she goes for a full day, so I typically send: french toast (homemade) (which I've also recently discovered is a good car snack for her), blueberries, she used to get a banana a day, but one day started eating just a little and now rejects bananas entirely (so sad, such a convenient food), baked sweet potato or other veggie, cubed cheese, an applesauce. So basically, very similar to what you are already doing! Are they there for lunch too? Some days we send a grilled cheese. I've tried sending leftovers (like lasagna), but she typically rejects these.

That's so fun that they like daycare!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1342977887|3238171 said:
Skippy - Does the daycare have utensils? Mine does. Honestly, all of this stuff is such a blur, like when did she start using a spoon? I honestly don't recall, sorry! I'd say she's just gotten good with using a spoon in the past 3 months, better and better, and now she's at the point where I can give her applesauce (she calls it api and her eyes light up when you say applesauce) in one of those little containers (from TJ's) and can feed herself, but it's still pretty messy! Same with yogurt. We do the organic whole milk, no sugar yogurt, and sometimes add the unsweetened jam (also TJ's). I think it works out to be less expensive than the little cups.

For daycare, she goes for a full day, so I typically send: french toast (homemade) (which I've also recently discovered is a good car snack for her), blueberries, she used to get a banana a day, but one day started eating just a little and now rejects bananas entirely (so sad, such a convenient food), baked sweet potato or other veggie, cubed cheese, an applesauce. So basically, very similar to what you are already doing! Are they there for lunch too? Some days we send a grilled cheese. I've tried sending leftovers (like lasagna), but she typically rejects these.

That's so fun that they like daycare!

yes they have been there for lunch but I feed them when I bring them home too. Thank you! that is so cute how she says applesauce!!!

what do you put in the yogurt or will she eat it like that? I know the exact yogurt; we bought it too, I can't remember why we stopped but we do yobaby (Stonyfield's). How do you get her to drink milk? We are having the hardest time getting the boys to drink milk; they drink it out of bottles just fine but they only take sips out of sippy cups. thanks for any thoughts on that one???

CDN, please post pics of your daughter!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At TJ's, they have an all-fruit jam, that is like Polaner all-fruit. I just put in a small amount of that, like half a teaspoon. She will also eat it plain! We've also been getting the whole milk plain stonyfield from our regular grocery store. I actually think she likes it better.

Milk! It's a topic of conversation around here too! Her teacher said she got all of the kids in her room switched to sippy cups, but S has been the hardest to switch. That might have something to do with 2 factors. First, she's only there part time and second, my husband sneaks her bottles!!!

I've heard that they should either be drinking from a cup with no sippy or with a straw. She has just started drinking a little from a straw cup. She was cranky yesterday, and DH gave her a bottle, which I reluctantly gave to him after hiding them all from him!!!!

Running to the store now, but will be back to post more on this topic. Also, might be worth discussing with the teachers at daycare. I''m sure they've helped switch lots of kids and can give you some tips too.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, back now!

CDN - I agree we need pics and a full update on Isla! We'll take an update in either thread, please. :bigsmile:

Skippy - So will they drink water out of sippy cups? S will drink water out of a sippy or a straw, but will still only take sips for milk out of either. They associate milk with their bottles and will reject it from cups. I was advised to switch one bottle at a time, but it got to the point where I know this kid and she would just happily drink her other bottles of milk, and then reject the cup, so we went cold turkey (well, when I saw "we", I really mean just myself since DH surprisingly kept giving her bottles.) So at daycare, they tried a bottle like this: http://www.diapers.com/p/playtex-li...4&utm_content=pla&cagpspn=pla&ci_kw={keyword} and said she drank about half a cup of milk. I have these now too, and she takes a few sips, so we are still working on it.

She will drink water, which I sometimes add a little juice to, out of the straw cups. We also have these: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2799857. I just put regular disposable straws in both of these.

So, not sure I helped that much, but we're still working on it too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, the boys do drink water out of sippy cups! Oh you bring up an interesting point, I wonder if they do associate bottles with milk? I appreciate your thoughts; thank you so much!!! I will look for those sippy cups too that you posted!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I *think* the babies might be sleeping for now so I'm going to try to catch up!

geri - So nice to see you pop in here! Look at C, she is such a cutie!! O loves to clean messes too. It's adorable. If he spills anything on the floor he runs to the cabinet to get a towel to clean it up. Do you have any books on your iPad for C? We only have The Monster at the End of This Book, but O loves it! We need to get him some more but they're so darn expensive.

LV - We started doing the little sip of water in a cup thing with O too. It might not be a great idea for us because he will literally make us give him sip after sip, forever! Eventually we just have to pretend the water is gone to get him to do something else. How is the potty learning going? O has been waking up from his naps dry and even over night sometimes, so I think we could probably start too. I don't think we will though because of all of the changes going on right now. Hopefully once we get settled in the new house and have a routine down we can start PL. Please share all of your experience so we can all learn from S!! Love, love, love, the new pictures. What a cutie!!

Skippy - OMG, those boys of yours are just too cute for words!!! Our boys should all meet one day, how cool would that be?! I can't wait to hear what your new adventure is! I'm glad that M&E are liking daycare. Sorry, I'm no help with the snacks, our daycare provides all of their food. It sounds like you have a good menu there. We've always given O a fork and spoon with his meals and just let him sort out when he wanted to start using them himself. Even though he can use both of them he still uses his hands most of the time.

Allie - I think O is getting too old to share his pictures because he's more recognizable now. As a baby he looked pretty generic and not much like he does now... but these days he's really growing into the features that he'll have. Plus I'm not the biggest fan of creating an online identity for your kids. DH mentioned once he wanted to start a blog but I'd only allow it if he didn't use the boys' real names. In a way I don't think it's fair for parents to put all of their kids' information online without their permission. Obviously that goes mostly for older kids, but the same concept. It's not my place to decide what should be online for all of the world to find out about them, eventually that will be their decision (will we even be worried about these things when they're old enough to decide?).

noel - Glad to hear that you survived the trip and that you're settling in! How exciting. And look at your little fish!! We finally got around to taking O swimming the last few weekends and he loved it! He was only apprehensive for a minute and the started kicking around in the water and letting DH swim him around. Have fun in Australia!!

AFU - Things here are chaos. I'm sure that's not surprising!! It's weird because between O's schedule and the twin's schedule, they never really see each other during the week. I'm not sure if that's a good thing (help O transition slower to having the babies around) or a bad thing. I guess at this point it is what it is and we'll just see how it goes. I'm still not sure how he feels about the babies. If we're holding one he runs to get a bouncy chair for them, which is super sweet, but he also likes to lay on top of them too .... He also gets really excited if he hears one of them cry. Like huge grin and hysterical laughter when they cry :-o I have no idea what to make of that, but I'm hoping that it's not as sinister as it seems!!! Otherwise, we're still just so in love with this kid. He amazes us every day with something new. He's repeating words like crazy and seems to understand everything. He is starting to challenge us more so we're going to have a new adventure soon I fear. Little things, like standing up in his high chair even after we tell him to sit down. The kicker is the grin he has on his face while defying us. He knows exactly what he's doing! We're in trouble :devil:

And even though I'm trying to resist... a few pictures :cheeky:

The second one is him talking to the babies. He turns the picture on the monitor and says BABY! Then he turns it off and says BYE BYE! Rinse and repeat a million times. The last one is the blank stare that makes up 90% of the pictures I get these days. He sees the camera, bam! Blank stare. A smile wouldn't hurt you kid!!

img_2860.jpg

img_2874.jpg

img_2896.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE, awww O is adorable; I can't imagine how busy life must be with twins and a toddler. I bet you are doing awesome though; you are an amazing mom!!! :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to mention this but Evan and Miles are WALKING!!! :appl: They are so much fun and love to give kisses. :love: :love: How is everyone doing?

Oh and they have a peanut allergy. We found out the hard way and ended up in the ER. They see an Allergist next month and we now have an Epi Pen.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, YAY to walking! :appl:

Boo to peanut allergies! :(sad

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1344460243|3248096 said:
Skippy, YAY to walking! :appl:

Boo to peanut allergies! :(sad

thank you Zoe!!!! :halo: They are so proud of themselves! hehe

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy! - Double yay for walking twins!!! Did they both start at about the same time? And, yay for baby kisses!! It is just the best!! Sorry about the peanut allergy. They both have it, or you are waiting for the allergist to find out?

Kunzite - Those pictures of O are so great. I LOVE the baby monitor one and how you explain what's going on. I can totally picture it. Haha! How are things going this week? When are you moving? No tips here on potty learning. I think we just had a few lucky days, but she has not been consistently interested in it, so I have not been pushing it.

Not much to update here. S is repeating lots of words, and she even says her friend's name at daycare! All of the teachers have been very happy to report this to us this week. Oh, and she eats swiss chard (in garlic/olive oil) like it's candy!!! Like in the I love lucy episode where lucy worked in the candy factory. Haha. She'll pick up a piece in each hand and shove them in her mouth at the same time, and then go for the next one. I am thoroughly amazed by this. DH thinks it's because of the olive oil/garlic. Makes it quite tasty! Oh, and we have a swing in our backyard. Eeeee. She goes on it 3-4 times a day. Sometimes we go to the park, and she uses one there too! I'm like "All done!?" and she's like "More, More, More." Sometimes she's on for like 20 mins at a time. I've started bringing coffee out with me, just to have something to do while I push her. Oh, and I bring the dogs out too. She laughs hysterically when they run around together. Toooooooooo cute!

Oh, and, if you haven't used bubbles yet, GET SOME! She loves them. "Bubba? Bubba? Outside!? Bubba?"

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1344525703|3248501 said:
Skippy! - Double yay for walking twins!!! Did they both start at about the same time? And, yay for baby kisses!! It is just the best!! Sorry about the peanut allergy. They both have it, or you are waiting for the allergist to find out?

Kunzite - Those pictures of O are so great. I LOVE the baby monitor one and how you explain what's going on. I can totally picture it. Haha! How are things going this week? When are you moving? No tips here on potty learning. I think we just had a few lucky days, but she has not been consistently interested in it, so I have not been pushing it.

Not much to update here. S is repeating lots of words, and she even says her friend's name at daycare! All of the teachers have been very happy to report this to us this week. Oh, and she eats swiss chard (in garlic/olive oil) like it's candy!!! Like in the I love lucy episode where lucy worked in the candy factory. Haha. She'll pick up a piece in each hand and shove them in her mouth at the same time, and then go for the next one. I am thoroughly amazed by this. DH thinks it's because of the olive oil/garlic. Makes it quite tasty! Oh, and we have a swing in our backyard. Eeeee. She goes on it 3-4 times a day. Sometimes we go to the park, and she uses one there too! I'm like "All done!?" and she's like "More, More, More." Sometimes she's on for like 20 mins at a time. I've started bringing coffee out with me, just to have something to do while I push her. Oh, and I bring the dogs out too. She laughs hysterically when they run around together. Toooooooooo cute!

Oh, and, if you haven't used bubbles yet, GET SOME! She loves them. "Bubba? Bubba? Outside!? Bubba?"

awww this is so cute; she sounds like such a joy!!! I am loving this age! Wow, I am impressed with her eating; please send her over to teach Evan and Miles!!! She is darling!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
pupp - Happy late birthday to N!!!! Tell us all about his birthday!!

LV - Isn't it so much fun how they repeat words?!? O is starting to memorize lines in his books so he'll look at you and go SHHHHHH! Or if you say to him, "I have an idea!" He gets super excited and screams IDEA!! (All from Monster at the end of this Book) For the longest time we didn't use bubbles in the bath but recently we've started doing bubble baths and O gets so excited for bath time. It makes our bedtime routine so much easier because we just say, "Time for bubbles!" and he runs to the bathroom. :love: We move in two weeks :errrr: We are all flying out together (DH, O, the twins, and I) and then DH will fly back to the PNW to get the car and drive it out, and then our stuff will take 10 days. It's going to be a crazy 10 days with just the stuff I get in a suitcase! I'm scared!!

Skippy - Yea for the boys walking!! Did they start at the same time? :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results