shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LV, at daycare N still uses the sippy cup. We use it sometimes at home too and that's almost always what we pack when we go out. BUT N loves and much prefers his straw cup. They're not leak proof though so we usually only put water in them. My sister bought him one of these - http://www.shopbubba.com/p-192-bubba-12-oz-sport-bottle-kids-blue.aspx - he loves it. Every now and then, he'll hold it *up* and get ticked that nothing comes out. :roll:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol sorry! I reread my post, too funny! They drink bottles 5 times a day but I wish the bottle thing would become less and less and more table food. They do eat baby food and sometimes eat adult food but the adult food isn't often at all.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, N still nursed/had a bottle 5 to 6 times per day until about 14 months. Then, he scaled back to 3 at 15 months - this was just nursing because he had transition from expressed milk in a bottle to whole milk in a cup by this time. By 16 months, he cut me off completely. So, it happened pretty quickly.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppmom|1335751285|3183708 said:
Skippy, N still nursed/had a bottle 5 to 6 times per day until about 14 months. Then, he scaled back to 3 at 15 months - this was just nursing because he had transition from expressed milk in a bottle to whole milk in a cup by this time. By 16 months, he cut me off completely. So, it happened pretty quickly.
thank you Pupp, that is good to know! I appreciate it!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
LV - We got rid of the bedtime bottle by using a sippy cup. The first week or so it resulted in epic meltdowns. O would look up at the dresser to find his bottle, realize there was just a sippy cup, and go crazy. He would throw himself on the floor for a few minutes, calm down, and then crawl back up on dh's lap and they would go about bedtime stories as usually and he would drink out of the sippy. The meltdowns got shorter and shorter and eventually he didn't even ask for the sippy cup during story time. He doesn't drink out of the sippy cup to soothe like he did the bottle so he slowly realized he didn't even want it. Now he doesn't even look for something to drink at bed.

Does S eat a very big dinner? We just made sure that O was getting plenty for dinner and let him carry his sippy of milk around with him until we'd brushed teeth, then we'd put it away. His night bottle was never at a predictable time, which is why we knew he didn't want it because he's hungry but rather to soothe. I haven't mentioned it this week because I didn't want to jinx it.... but we've gone nearly a week without the night bottle too!!! O was sick with a cold for a little while so he woke up a lot at night and would fuss and I think those night wakings sort of helped him transition because he never had the one big wakeup (if that makes sense). Then he was feeling better and went two nights without even a peep. Sunday morning I was so concerned I hadn't heard anything out of him that I woke up and made dh check that he was still breathing, haha! He went 11.5 hours without so much as a little cry. Last night, not so much. He woke up at 3:30 and didn't fall back to sleep until 5:30. Dh went in and soothed him once because he got pretty worked up, but we mostly let him fuss. At this point we refuse to go back to the bottle and he didn't even reach for it last night when dh went in to soothe him, so we're making progress!! Everyone always says give it three days, blah blah, but with O it's more like three weeks for these sorts of things. So we're not out of the woods yet, but we feel like we're making progress. I really think he's just a lot like his mama and isn't a good sleeper. My dad was telling me this weekend that I would do the same thing as a baby, just wake up for a few hours at night for no reason and talk to myself. The poor boy got it from me.

Oh, and I think that S and O might be the same size!! I measured him with the tape measure this weekend (scientific, I know!) and he looks to be around 32 inches and 23 pounds. I think the problem with shirts that we're having is because he's got a really long torso compared to his legs (as you can see in the picture below).

pupp - I'm jealous you're able to get N to drink water. Any secrets? I've tried quite a bit to replace some of O's milk intake with water, but he's not interested at all.

skippy - At that age we had O getting two day bottles, a bedtime bottle, and a MOTN bottle (which I'm pretty sure you don't do, right?). We would do something like this:

breakfast - solids
mid-morning - bottle (cold milk)
lunch - solids
afternoon - bottle
dinner - solids
bedtime - bottle

We gave him a sippy cup with his solids and just watched to see how he was doing with it. He was slow to take up the sippy cup, but as soon as he was doing a good job with it we switch the two day bottles to sippy cups with a solid snack. Hope that helps!

newjewels - I certainly don't chase O around these days! He comes to me.... which is actually super cute! Dh usually lets me sleep in on the weekends, but O has seen to it that I wake up too. He runs into our room and jumps on the bed as soon as he's out of his crib. It melts my heart :love:

AFU - O has his first dentist appointment this afternoon :errrr: I'll be sure to report how it goes... I can't imagine it will go well!!

photo11322.JPG

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dentist? Uh-oh. I thought they didn't go until 3? I guess I could always take N this year and pay out of pocket. I can't imagine it would cost much.

I hope it went okay. N freaks when all but one doc in our practice touches him. Getting anything in his mouth is especially a problem because that means he has to remove the thumb. :o

PS - that is the BEST picture, Kunzite!

ETA - no tips on water. N just really likes it for some reason. He drinks about 20 ounces per day of water and 16 ounces per day of milk.

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
So cute, Kunzite! I know what you mean about your heart melting. One of the BEST moments I have ever had was the first time A came to see us in the hospital after having baby#2. I was worried she might not want to come in the room/ see me etc. but as soon as she saw me in the bed (wasn't holding baby) she ran over and I grabbed her, and she just clung to me for the longest time. It felt soooo good! :love:

A friend of mine puts just enough juice in her kid's water cups to get her to drink them. It works for her, might be worth a try. G doesn't drink much of anything...currently weaning from BF and we give him a sippy of milk with breakfast, lunch and dinner. He never drinks much of the milk except when slightly warmed in bottle at bedtime (will stop this soon). Water throughout the day in sippy cup.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newjewels, Your daughter sounds so sweet! :love:

Puppmom, About that cup you posted, so water just comes right out of the straw thing when the cup is tipped upward? Is that how it works?

Skippy, When will the boys switch to whole milk? My impression (from the milk thread) is that they haven't switched yet. Glad we've been having this discussion about how many bottles because we've been giving S too much milk!

Kunzite, Your photos of O are always stunning! He is so so so cute! He does have a long torso! I found that her 12-18 mo pants were getting too short, so that's when I made the switch to 18-24. I'm still hanging on to some of my 12-18 month favorites though. hee-hee. Thanks for posting how you transitioned the bedtime bottle out. Very, very helpful! How did the dentist visit go?

So, clearly S has been getting too much milk! We were still giving her a bottle upon waking. Not anymore! Started with breakfast first this morning, and then gave her half a bottle. We're going to reduce bottles and the amounts in the bottles, and then work toward transitioning to sippy cups for milk. Some days, she will drink more water from her sippies than other days.

Anyone reading or following any particular parenting/toddler books right now? I don't know how I missed this whole milk thing (how much to reduce it to and when), but I am not really reading anything in particular. What are you all reading? :read:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
pupp - For what I've read you're supposed to do the dentist between 1 -2. We might have put it off longer but it's been about 6 months since O's last flouride treatment and he was starting to get a little buildup on his bottom two teeth that we couldn't get off. I figured it was a good time now that the bottles are gone too. Sort of start fresh, you know? It didn't go too badly either. He cried the entire time, but not hysterically or anything. Holy crap, N gets 36 ounces of fluids a day?! Wow! We're lucky to get 10 ounces of milk in O a day and zero water.

newjewels - Awwww, that story is so sweet!! Good idea about a little juice. O isn't much of a juice drinker either (probably because we never give it to him!) but that's a good strategy. I'm going to give that a try!

LV - We're not reading anything either (other than the internet!!). Usually I just think of something and Google it, ha! Or ask the smart ladies here. I'm going to order 1-2-3 Magic soon though because I've heard awesome things about it and I want to be prepared for when the real discipline starts. I was also looking at Happiest Toddler on the Block, but I've never heard it mentioned or reviewed by anyone so I'm not sure yet.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite - I saw the HTOTB video. Noticed it at the library, so picked it up. Much like HBOTB, I'd vote video over book, and honestly, we didn't get much out of it, but maybe his method works. Will certainly try it when desperate times (ie tantrums) hit, but I'm not so sure I buy into it at the moment. Check to see if your library has it!

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
HELP!!!

Ok, A is really sweet, yes. But not sure what is happening lately with her sleep. She suddenly seems really attached to me only at bedtime! Used to sleep just fine in her toddler bed, put her down awake (but sleepy), say goodnight, love you, etc and she would do fine. Past few days, she is really trying my patience!

DH will try to put her to bed, and tonight she literally had a fit. Screaming (not crying) so loud, I thought sure she'd wake the baby! He said she was kicking at him when he'd try t comfort her! I went in to help and as soon as I picked her up, she stopped screaming. Still gasping for breath after throwing such a fit. I asked what was wrong but she wouldn't say anything! I was able to put her in bed after rocking her for a bit, but she's still whining just a bit as I type this.

Last night she woke up crying at 4:20 am and I had to go comfort her (I can't let her cry as much as sometimes I'm tempted to, because it will just be worse if G wakes up too!) and every time I'd thnk surely she's fallen asleep by now and try to leave, she'd feel or hear me moving and wake up crying all over again. Her bedtime is not helping I'm sure. She usually is in bed by 9 or 9:30 (I know, way later than she should be, but with 2 it is really hard for us to get everything done, especially since I sometimes can't leave work until 7 or 8pm, and DH does as much as he can solo).

Anyone been through something like this, and have any helpful hints??

Otherwise, things are going pretty well around here. It's hard to try and get the little ones off the bottle when they turn one, especially if, like G, they won't drink enough milk from a sippy cup! We just don't sweat it too much since he eats yogurt well, but I think he probably SHOULD be getting more liquids/fluids. He nurses in the am and around lunch time and dinner on the days I'm not working (supply very limited at this point so not much longer I'm sure!), but the only bottle we gives whole milk now at bedtime.

We took A to the dentist at around 1.5 years, mainly because I was worried about her bite being affected by the pacifier (ped said she didn't have to see dentist until 3 years old). Dentist did brief exam and did note that her maxilla was getting a bit narrow (I think) but said that if the "fier" as she called it kept her and the family happy, it was not the end of the world to keep using it as long as she gave it up by 2. He said if the parents needed braces, the child usually did anyway, regardless of the pacifier.

For some reason, G has just decided he doesn't like his fier anymore, so we seem to have gotten over that one without much effort (but it is harder to get him soothed for naps/'bed now that he refuses to take it)!

That's enough for now, hope everyone has a lovely evening...what's left of it!!! :mad:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, I asked the dentist question somewhere else since I actually took Miles to the dentist (he had a little tarter), anyway I guess most dentist don't do much but they start doing stuff to their teeth at 2 or 3 (finding this out from other mommas and my own dentist). Mine don't drink cows milk yet; the Ped said to wait a couple of months since Evan is in the 4% percentile for weight and Miles I think is in the 10 or 15% for weight. He did say to slowly introduce it like yogurt, cheese, etc. What kind of milk do you give S?

Kunzite, how are you feeling? Are you able to take it easy? I hope your family is taking good care of you! O is soooo adorable! eta: Yes, my boys have been STTN since 9 months, like magic; I didn't do CIO.

NewJewels, I am sorry; do you do story time? My boys just turned 1 a few weeks ago so I am not at that stage yet; please keep us posted with what works as I am sure I will go down a similar road.

Pupp, that is great your little guy loves water. we give our boys water too but they love to play with it rather than drink it. lol

AFM, I forgot to mention the boys at their Ped appt had the following weight and heights. Evan is 18 lbs 10 oz and Miles is 20 lbs 1 oz, Evan is 29.5 inches and Miles 30 inches and their head is in the 50% percentile. The doctor told me Evan is following a good curve, not dropping so he might just be long and lean and for us not to worry.

I will list what we do for meals; they still get baby formula

6:30 5 oz bottles
9am 4 oz bottles and baby food (I made, peas and carrots, or sweet potatoes and apple)
12 4 oz bottle and oatmeal
3 pm 4 oz bottle and baby food
6pm 8 oz bottle and oatmeal or yogurt

Any good sippy cup recommendations? I need to transition them to sippy cups. I ordered these but not sure if they are any good????
http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Graduates-Starter-Handle-Horizontal/dp/B002UXQRMU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335974536&sr=8-1

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh one last question! What time do you put your little ones to bed? My boys go to bed at 7 pm but I notice it is brighter and brighter at bedtime. I close the shades but as they get older do they stay up longer? Thanks!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I can't believe how big these PS babies are getting!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Skippy-B is 3 1/2 now and goes to bed between 8 and 8:30pm and sleeps until 7:30-8:30 am.

We haven't taken B to the dentist yet due to insurance issues and not being able to find a good pediatric dentist that is affordable...but our pediatrician reamed us out this week about how he has to go (even though she thinks his teeth look great)...so, hopefully I'll get that taken care of soon. NYC is a really sucky place to live when it comes to basic preventative health care!

B starts a new "school" Monday and I can't wait! it's a licensed home daycare that has two other little boys his age and a baby. He LOVED his trial day and I think really, really enjoys having some bigger kids to play with. It's not as fancy as his current place, but the new place can accommodate a 6:30 pick-up (hallelujah!), has kids his age, and is the same price for 5 days a week as his previous place was for 3 days a week. YAY on all counts! Now that we found a childcare situation that we like I really, really want to have more kids :cheeky: :love: :Up_to_something: :sick:

On that note, DH and I both really want more kids...he really wants to get pregnant, I really want to adopt, odds are good that we won't get pregnant "the old fashioned way" and neither of us are really keen on pursuing more aggressive measures, plus it would be wise to wait 1-2 years until we are both done with this round of school...but, there's never a great time to have a baby and we're not exactly spring chickens, and we would like for B to have a sibling(s) close in age...so, we'll see what the next year or two holds for us.

B has been admitted into an awesome, low-key, neighborhood full-time preK program for the fall. it's a little more expensive than his daycare, and I'll have to leave work early one day a week for pick-up (we are alternating pick-up days with our neighbor which will be great).

I've been at my new job for 3 months and it's great. overwhelmingly busy and disorganized sometimes, but so much more positive and I really enjoy my more senior position since my strengths and interests lie more along consulting/internal strategy and I am getting to do a lot of that!

School is long, not hard, but long, but the end is in site. I think I am going to space it out over the next two years so that it's not super busy and I can TA to reduce the amount of student loans I'll need to borrow, but I only have 5 courses left. YAY!

DH is now an EMT and is a total rock star...seriously, everyone wants him to be their partner. he's doing really well in his academic classes preparing for med school admission, and things are crazy busy but in a much more positive way than they were for us in the fall!

B is amazing, he's a funny, bossy, quirky, giggly, boys boys of a 3 1'2 year old. his new thing is talking about "erps" (burps) and nonsense phrases like "hattiephonzeberg" while giggling hysterically. When he's not giggling hysterically, he's channeling his inner 15 year old (he thought the flowers were too heavy:):

B flower face.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
LV - Good to know HTOTB isn't worth it. Let me know if you find anything! I feel like at this age would should really be doing more to help O develop other than playing! :read:

newjewels - You don't mention what time she gets up for the day or if she's still napping. It sounds like she's overtired. How old is she again?

Skippy - When I get home (at the lab for my 3 hour glucose :knockout: ) I'll see if I can find what O was eating at that age and let you know. He would only use the non-valve take and toss sippies because he didn't have to work as hard!!

http://www.amazon.com/The-First-Years-Spill-Proof/dp/B000096M59/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I'm feeling good, just huge and tired!! Yes, both of my boys take wonderful care of me. I'm truly the luckiest :love:

Bella - thanks for checking in, it sounds like things are going really well for you! Cute picture of B!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite - We had those take and toss cups too, in addition to a bunch of other sippy cups I wanted to try. She seems ok with all of them. What does O drink from now? On the topic of dental care, are you using a toothbrush now? What kind of toothpaste? I'm still using the finger toothbrush thing, and getting bitten quite a bit lately!

Skippy - To answer your question from a few posts back, we are using whole organic right now and for the past month. Prior to that, we were using conventional milk with the hormone-free "pledge". My DH thinks most organic stuff is nonsense, so I tell him that I must have been under his spell on that one, but we are using organic now. I mentioned it to S's pediatrician this week (a different one than we usually see), and she thinks organic is probably better, but many people can't afford it, so either will do. Not very helpful, I know, but obviously, this is something I'm now worried about. If it's not one thing, it's another!

Re: food, are the boys feeding themselves if you put food on their trays?

Bella - Happy to hear everything is going so well. Yay for your DH being an EMT rock star! That picture of B with his heavy flowers is too funny and adorable!

Newjewels - I'm sorry, but I have no sleep advice. Good luck!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hello Mommies! Proud mother of an almost 17-month-old now who is walking and talking (though mostly her own language).

our trip to Singapore went well. take-off and landing sucked because Skye hates to be forced to sit on someone's lap and then restrained with a seat belt. it was just screaming and arching for half-an-hour. the actual flight was okay. unfortunately she didn't fall asleep in her stroller at the airport around bed time but stayed up an extra 6 hours and fell asleep while we were eating on the plane. this was both ways. in the hotel, it was quite tough at night. we aren't used to all sleeping in the same room, so she would wake up in the middle of the night, see us from her cot, and keep crying until we let her sleep between us. we couldn't let her CIO like at home because of the other hotel guests. luckily she quickly readjusted to sleeping in her own room when we returned home. anyway, she was so popular over there! all the locals thought she was so cute and chubby (I guess compared to Asian babies). she would gladly hold strangers' hands and let them carry her. once in the mall, an older man came by, he held out his hand and she took it, and they walked around the mall together, with me following of course. at all the restaurants, the servers would walk around with her. she didn't eat much but did drink a lot. her eczema cleared up while there so the humidity is good for her! unfortunately it's returned now that we're back at home. maybe she's allergic to bread.

otherwise, we had a nice trip. we saw a couple of day cares and they are so organized and clean there. one hour of English and one hour of Chinese in the mornings. then noodles or rice for lunch. play time in the afternoon. we also looked at condos to get an idea of what we could get at our budget. on the other side of the kitchen (away from the rest of the home), there is always a small bedroom and toilet for the maid, which usually is attached to the open balcony and doesn't have AC or a window. we want to get a maid, so that Skye can go half-days to day care, and that we don't have to rush to bring her or pick her up, and I don't have to cook nor clean. basically, live the expat life. I was first appalled at how tiny the maids' room are, like they will only just fit a child's bed and nothing else, but it turns out that a lot of these women come from homes where they had to share a bedroom with other adults or children and thus they see it as a luxury. also, they don't like AC and just prefer a fan. anyway, we're going to try to get a 4-bedroom place and let the maid decide if she'd rather have the maid's room or a proper bedroom inside the home.

so - we're moving end of June! Monday 2nd of July is my first day at the Singapore office! so much to arrange before we go.

we have to take Skye to the doctor this evening because she woke up with a rash and pimples around her mouth and bumps on her thighs. I hope she isn't getting chicken pox again. she doesn't seem sick.

here some pics from our travels.

Skye in the infinity pool. She actually got to borrow this thing from another kid and screamed bloody murder when Daddy took her out.

Skye and Mom at the infinity pool at our 1st hotel.

Skye on the balcony of our 2nd hotel. You can actually see our 1st hotel (the one with the boat on top).

I took her to the Bird Park where they had a special kiddie pool with lots of fountains.

noelwr060212-3.jpg

noelwr060212-4.jpg

noelwr060212-5.jpg

noelwr060212-7.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Sushi - yum! actually she didn't like it much.

A tour of one of many restaurants.

With Mommy in Business Class.

noelwr060212-2.jpg

noelwr060212-1.jpg

noelwr060212-6.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping in to say :wavey: to Bella and Noel. Long time no talk! Your kiddies are adorable as always!

Oh, and I wanted to share that N is talking up a storm these days. He is OBSESSED (like really obsessed) with trucks and buses. He can spot buses that I can't even see. I like to take him into town on weekdays right around 8am so he can see all of the trucks and school buses go through. Everytime he sees a truck he says. "Truck. Big Truck. BIG BIG Truck." For buses, he just says "A bus!" And, he walks around all day mumbling "big truck" under his breath. It's freaking adorable.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Noel - It's been a while, but glad to see you and Skye are doing so well! I am also excited to hear that you have decided upon Singapore and will be making the move soon. I wish you and your family the best of luck! :bigsmile:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Just stopping by after a long stead, but I wanted to say hi to some of my favorite mammas!

Skippy - I can't beleive the boys are going to be 1 already! I saw your photo mantage on the other thread, and man, they have come sooo far. What a proud mommy you must be. Oh, and as to your question about sippy cups, S is using this one now and it has been a super easy transition from the bottle (and back):
http://www.playtexbaby.com/CupsMealtime/The-First-Sipster-Cup

Pupp - N is huge! What a handsome boy :wink2:

Bella - OMG, B is such a little man now. I love that smirk... Good luck with your next baby debate. And also congrats on the daycare front, that sounds like a hug coup

Kunzite - O is a precious as ever. Is he still chasing around the kitty like it's his job, :naughty: Btw, when are you new little ones due? I bet you are getting all excited!

LV - Miss S has grown up so much too. I look forward to more updates from you both.

I hope you all have a great mommy's day and take care!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy MOTHER"S DAY beautiful mommas!!!! Hope you are spoiled tomorrow by your lo's! :love:

thanks for the tips! I will catch up soon! We are off to take my mom to lunch (to beat the crowds). hugs ladies

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Skippy!

DC, I read your Sophia update over in the baby thread and I'm so glad to hear she's thriving. She's such a cutie! I can't believe she's cruising the furniture already. DD got moving pretty earlier on but N was so slow-pokey on those early motor milestones. He's a mover and shaker now though!

:wavey: to everyone else. Things are slow here these days. I hope to read some updates soon. Hint, hint!

N is doing well. He's getting a mind of his own and has decided he hates the highchair. He freaks 90% of the time we put him in it so we've been using the booster seat in a regular kitchen chair most of the time. He's totally the boss of us. :rolleyes: He still won't eat a single fruit or vegetable. IF I manage to get it in his mouth, he'll gag.

Daycare says he's warming up to the other kids. He no longer looks for an empty area when kids come near him. Progress, I guess! He does interact with my nephew though. He's 7 months older and sort of sees N as a baby. The other day, N was crying and my nephew said, "What's wrong, No-yan? Did you bump your head?" :lol: They also played hide and seek with our dining room curtains. :love:

He's been such a joy lately. Every month, DH says this is the best age. Last month, 20 months was the best age - this month, it's 21 months. He talks pretty much constantly now and we understand more and more each day. He loves to talk to me while I'm trying to rock him to sleep. I try so hard to ignore him but he's so cute!

Everything else in a bullet-pointed nutshell:

- still loves trucks and buses and points out EVERY one he sees.
- loves running around the house and SCREAMING
- pushes his cars under the couch and begs me to fetch them
- loves to water the flowers. i'm pretty sure they'll all be dead within a week. :lol:
- he likes wearing bunny ears and saying "hop, hop, hop!". he can jump but gets up on his tippy toes when he says it
- if you ask him who his favorite is he ALWAYS says, "Daddy!" and points to DH. Kinda breaks and warms my heart all at the same time!
- he likes to be chased but you have to be on all fours. If you try to run instead, he pats the floor to tell you to get down.
- he's really taken an interest in the dog and always assumes Hollis is *playing* too but he's really just trying to get away.
- he finally got a haircut. we kept the baby hairdo just shortened it up a little. i would have much preferred to let it grow indefinitely but DH really wanted it cut.

I could go on forever but I'll spare you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mommas's hope you had a wonderful Mother's day! My hubby was cute and wrote me a poem from my boys! We did a lot of eating out and took my mom out to eat. It was a nice day! Anyone have any cute ideas for Father's day??

Here are a few pictures from their birthday!!! My husband made the carrot cake for them and I bought cupcakes for them from WF. Evan got a haircut!!!

NOEL, great pictures, so cute. I attached a pic of Evan w/sushi. hehee It looks like you both are having a wonderful time!!!

PUPP, I am glad you had a great Mom's day! aww he is so cute loving his trucks!!!

DC, thanks for the sippy cup info!!! Your lo is so adorable!!!

BELLA, aw what a cutie!!!

LV, hi friend how are you? S?

Kunzite, how are you and O?

DSCF1075.JPG

DSCF1088.JPG

DSCF1342.JPG

533432_3535792647318_1647411459_2733073_1441727091_n.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
LV - We're still using the take and toss. I'm honestly not in a hurry for him to transition to an open cup, so we'll just wait and see. He can do a straw but I don't really see a benefit. We just use a generic baby toothbrush and fluoride-free tooth paste. We have quite a few toothbrushes, actually, because O likes to carry them around and brush his teeth :love:

Noel - it sounds like you had a great trip! I just love all of the pictures of S, especially the one in the pool!! It sounds like you're about to have quite the adventure on your hands. Is your DH going to work as well?

dcgator - Good to hear from you! I've wondered about you and little S. My little guys are due 7/15, though I'll never get that far. All along we've told them to stay in until June, so we'll see! Excited, maybe, terrified mostly!!

pupp - We still can't get O to eat many fruits or veggies either (just bananas and sweet potato) but he'll eat them at daycare!! I guess it's good he's eating them somewhere, but come on! We say the same thing every month, this has to be the best age! I want to see his haircut!

Skippy!! Look how big your boys are :love: And look at them eating! Are they good eaters? They had a birthday party for one of the kids at DC this week and O refused to eat his cupcake!!

AFU - Not much going on. We're still trying to get sleep figured out. O is officially done with the night bottle, which has been great, but he's taken to waking up for the day around 5:30 :-o He falls asleep around 7:30 so that means he's only getting about 10 hours of night sleep which isn't enough. I think the sun is waking him up, it comes up so early! I think the next step is to get him some black out shades and see if it really is the sun. I hope so! His normal is closer to 11 hours at night.

His favorite things to play with now are power cords, belts, and a flashlight! He loves to drag my laptop charger from room to room and shine the flashlight in your face. I don't even know why he has toys :cheeky: Oh, and he loves to go up and down the stairs over and over. He knows to wait at the bottom of the stairs until someone comes to watch him go up.

And he learned the word baby last week :love: We talk to him a lot about the babies in mama's belly. Sometimes he'll come over and rub my belly, but mostly he just likes to lift my shirt and poke me in the belly button!! He's getting so much better with his words. When we're done changing him on the changing table we say, "all done" and he'll repeat it and raise his arms to be picked up. Yesterday he was tired of being changed and before DH could finish he just started saying, all done, all done!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite that is so cute he is talking!!! what was his first word or words? Miles is my picky eater and Evan will eat anything!!! They like tomatoes cut up, TJ's Gnocchi cut up, spaghetti, yogurt, sliced bananas, a little bit of pizza. I love Vietnamese food so Miles did steal some grilled pork off my plate so he will eat that. I love to see if they like new foods but it seems like little by little they are trying things!

Our boys sleep about 11 hours. We put them to bed at 7:30 but they wake at 6 or 6:30. I do close the shades and that helps. How long should they be sleeping at night?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
hi Mommas!

dcgator - :wavey:

pupp - at what age did N suddenly start saying a lot of words? S isn't taking on new words very quickly though we know she does understand us.

Skippy - at least at this age they are willing to try to eat anything (looking at sushi pic). I wish S had enough hair to put it in a ponytail.

Kunzite - aw, S also loves to point at my belly button and then her own. and S also doesn't take to fruit, except bananas. DH is going to have to find a job in Singapore or else the money is going to run out too quickly.

- - -

we have now weaned S off the evening bottle, as well. I confess that I still let her drink out of a bottle, but we really need to transition back to sippy cup. I just hate those things because they really leak. however, we have taught her that she must drink in the kitchen and leave her bottle on a chair when she's done. so maybe that will work if she doesn't carry her sippy cup around the whole house. she sleeps 11 hours, from 7:30 - 6:30, but doesn't nap well at day care anymore. we've noticed she is extremely social and loves meeting new people and playing with the older kids at day care.

like mentioned before, the speech isn't progressing that quickly, though she does understand a lot, like "Go get your shoes. Where is your nose? Where is bunny hop hop? Where is horsie neigh?" maybe when learns Chinese she'll stop all together because she'll just be too confused.

for Mother's Day we went out to lunch with my mom. Skye made me a macaroni necklace at day care but got so angry when I put it on. she wanted to wear it herself, which she did all day. so funny how you can actually understand your kid even if they're not talking that much, yet.

and she loves to copy Mommy, so she must always wear my bra and parade around the house.

noelwr190512-1.jpg

noelwr190512-2.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, your boys look so big!! OMG, Evan got a haircut, now Miles is the one with long hair. :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, you have the most beautiful little boys. :love: :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1337638188|3200458 said:
Skippy, you have the most beautiful little boys. :love: :wavey:

aw thank you sweet friend!!! How are you? If you are ever out in NM, please come visit us!

LC, I know; I can't believe how nutty my hubby cut Evan's hair but Evan screams his head off when we try to cut it! Miles does look like his hair is long but thank goodness we don't have to cut it yet. They DO grow so fast; you will soon see w/your adorable baby! I think it flies way too fast ::sniff:: It is exciting to see all the fun things they can do or starting to do :halo: !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results