shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Happy New Year, mamas. It''s the first monday of the year, so I''m starting my resolution to try to post on PS every week day.

We''re moving on the 10th of February and of course DH will be out of the country from the 1st to the 7th. I''m already having packing nightmares. We visited the house yesterday and his family "stopped by" for two hours. Boundary setting is hard for DH, but he is starting to see that maybe my worries about that aren''t entirely baseless.

It''s been a painful few days. I auditioned for a show (the Vagina Monologues) and the second I walked out of the audition, I realized that I liked the concept of the show, and I love the feeling of being a good performer, but I don''t want to do this any more. It''s not feeding my soul. And of course I got a part. (I know, wah wah wah.) I also was called in to choreograph a non-dancing "movement" piece for this production in Chicago...their other person dropped out and they are panicking because the show goes up in 2 weeks and of course I''m like "Oh, sure, I''ll help!" cuz I like feeling like a super hero and it''s just not fun any more.

I''d love to be Lili Tomlin or Whoopi Goldberg back in the day and do a one woman show a la Erma Bombeck. (In fact, that would be a heck of a one woman show, doing her material...hmmmm.)

But for now, I need to just write. Not skits or sketches or scripts. Stories. My stories. Don''t know what''s going to happen.

Right now I''m just grieiving...it took me almost 20 year to pursue my dream of Second City and Chicago theater and I am now being honest that it''s not what I thought it was going to be and it doesn''t feed my soul. Grief.

Again, wah wah wah. I know. Woe is me.

I made cookies to ease the pain (also to avoid choreographing. I''m stumped.)

They are also throwing tantrums, which I thought were the domain of a 2 year old. THIS is how they choose to be advanced? They like to eat with utensils, though. Not well, and not always getting it right (they''ll "stab" the food on the fork and then pull it off with their fingers, put the food in their mouths with their fingers, then follow up with the fork in the mouth.)

They are also screechers. I call them my howler monkeys. I know they are super frustrated about talking, and I teach them signs and how to point, but I swear the default is SCREAMING. Fortunately, not in public. They seem to like to make lotsa blood-curling noises just for me. Good thing they''re cute.

Tomorrow is the delayed 15 month ped appt (they were sick a month ago and I hadn''t rescheduled it). More shots. Whee!

They are master criminals, though...any lock they will break, any childproofing they will outwit, any bottle of lotion on any shelf they will work together to grab (and then eat.) L''s breath smells like Desitin (I DON''T let him suck on it, but he''s fast!)

MSB, I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.
Diva -- happy belated 18 months! How time is flying!
Tacori -- Hooray for the final approach re: PT. The joy, the joy.
Burk -- hey woman! OMG I cannot imagine lil T 5''11"! That seems soooo far away, though. Hope you aren''t too exhausted after your first day back.
Hi Lili!
Mrs S -- tomorrow is back to school day, huh? You must be excited!
Janine -- re: tantrums. My Jackson does the same thing. No advice, just empathy! I feel like I have to pry him off of me...but if I leave the house, once he realizes I''m outta earshot, he''s perfectly fine. Oh the drama!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
msb, I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs. We are here for you.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
NEAT, D drink around 18 oz of milk on average. Anywhere from 16-20 oz. I read 16-24 oz is good. My pedi say under 30 oz but I think that’s way too much!

DIVA, happy 18 months to James! He looks so big now!

TACORI, yay for preschool!

PUFFY, Noah is adorable! Hope you''re feeling better. Sounds like things with two kids are going well.

JANINE, yes, back to the grind. boo. At least I started work a little late today since D had his 15 month check up. I had to put up a bunch of new pictures of D at work cause I miss him! What other words does C say? D says dada, mama, daddy, mom, neinei (for milk), bye, ball, down, cheese, dog, bus. There are a few others that I think I hear him saying but not sure - yeah, poo poo, boom boom, book, box, up, hi. We haven''t had any tantrums yet but D has his clingy movements and squels and cries for our attention. He''ll also stand up and pull on my pants until I pick him up. So hard to get things done with him around!

BURK, I asked my pedi about the paci today and he said the same thing - it''s fine as long as it''s just for sleep and they aren''t walking around with it all the time.

JAS, good luck figuring out what you want to do. Sounds like your boys are doing well. What are the boys stats?

QT, BURK, can''t believe in a few weeks you''ll have another baby! Your pregnancy flew by!

All this food talk - guess it''s time to start using utensils soon. We still haven''t gotten the sippy cup or straw down yet.

D has his 15 month check up today. He''s 21 lbs and 29.5 inches. He gained 2.5 pounds in 3 months. He''s getting big so fast. He''s been talking a lot more. He tries to repeat words we say, which is so neat to see. He''s standing and cruising a lot but no walking by himself yet. He loves to walk with his push toy though.

We''ve had some sleep regression over the holidays. D wants to he held to sleep all the time. We are to blame though because we held him to sleep for naps. He used to fall asleep easily by himself at night but he''s been crying for us now. As soon as he realizes I''m putting him down in his crib he starts screaming and crying. We''ve had to sleep train the last few nights. I refuse to hold him to sleep all the time and he needs to learn. Not fun!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
snlee~Sorry to hear about D''s sleep regression...must be trend around here. Hope he gets back to being able to fall asleep on his own soon! I don''t know about you, but it was just reassuring to hear my pedi say not to stress about the binky!

Tacori~How tall are you? I''m not sure what I think about the babycenter thing or even the height doubling but I wouldn''t be surprised if T ends up close. So funny that T asks for ice cream. I know my mom spoils my T rotten with "treats" and it drives me crazy. I think she let her have 3 cookies the other night at our last family Christmas even though I gave her the "evil eye" a few times.
20.gif
And for the preschool thing, I think you also believe everything happens for a reason and this opening must have come at this time for a reason!

Jas~Sorry about your decision that you''re not into the performing anymore. Must be bitter sweet. I hope your move goes smoothly. I''d be stressed too with your Dh being out of town...at least he is seeing the need to set boundaries! I try not to think about my little sweet girl being full grown!
40.gif

T was weird when I picked her up from daycare and it got no better when we got home. I think that getting back into the routine of "school" was a little hard because she doesn''t nap as well there as she does at home and she was really tired and whiny tonight. Not exactly what I was hoping to come home to this afternoon!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb-so sorry for your loss!

tacori-we were at the park today and my girls eyes looked greener in the outdoor sunlight. go figure. i think they seem to change too depending on what color clothes they are wearing.

jas-what a crazy start to the new year for you! You are such a talented and witty person that I''m sure you will figure out exactly what it is you want and will be able to find contentment in that decision. Congrats on the part though..that it really cool. You know my son is in Chicago. Next time we''re up visiting we have to get together. you, me, deejay and our kids would just be a blast!

snlee-sorry about D''s sleeping :( seems like all the babies go through it some time or another. i hope he gets back to his routine quickly!

burk-hope you end up getting some R&R after T''s in bed.

so, my girls go back to school tomorrow. I''m happy to get back into our routine but must admit that I really had fun with them over the break. they are getting old enough to really hang out with and we watched a few of the American Girl movies which are actually really good, I think I enjoyed them as much as they did. It was nice having more time with them after putting Jake to bed b/c I let them stay up a little later than I do when they have school. But, I haven''t been to the grocery store in 2 weeks b/c I won''t do a big shopping trip with all 3 kids so it''s timely they go back tomorrow b/f we have nothing left to eat. Plus, they miss their friends. Jake will go back on friday and I''m really looking forward to having a few hours all to myself. mani/pedi here I come!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick drive by:

msb, I''m so sorry for your loss. What a horrible tragedy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays. I''ll try to come back and update soon!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
janine i would just not let her do whatever it is she is trying to do and not give in to her tantrums. she''s just testing the waters and seeing what she can get away with, as well as for attention. you think it''s bad now...the fun has just begun!!

burk hope T gets back into her "school" mode! but that is great that she is sleeping at night and not needing you to help her back to sleep. when do you go on mat leave?

qt B hasn''t had accidents but only because i make sure to ask him often if he needs to go potty. what size bed did you guys get M? i''m sure the bed rails will do their job and keep her from falling off.

tacori great news about the preschool!!! keep us posted.

jas good luck on the upcoming move. sorry about not performing anymore, but yummy on the cookies!

snlee sorry to hear about D''s sleep regression, but hopefully he''s back on track. things are going pretty well only cause i think B is super calm and wants to help with everything and he gets it more and more everyday that he has to share my attention and i think he''s ok with it.

mrsS you deserve more than a few hours to yourself!!! you are superwoman!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
snlee: sorry about the sleep regression. We''ve had that too for the past several months. I do sooth C to sleep at night (not for naps) so I probably am to blame too. She doesn''t need to be held to sleep but she wants me around. In the middle of the night she can be restless (ends up with head wedged all the way up, or no covers--) so I go in and out pretty regularly. Tired look is my permanent look at work! Wow D is saying a lot of words! C is a bit behind in this area, only about 6-7 words and some are not entire words. I''m getting a bit worried. C''s 15 mo isn''t actually till she''s 16 mo''s, so will have to wait to discuss with pedi. D is getting big! I think C gained quite a bit the past few mo''s too--on our scale she hovers b/ween 20 and 21lbs but that''s with clothes. Must be the whole milk.

puffy: thanks! I know I have to be tougher with C. The thing is she hangs on my pants with crocodile tears and sweaty face! I ignore but it goes on for a long time with her pacing getting more worked up! I''m sure this is nothing compared to waht is to come..just curious what others did during these moments. I guess answer is to ignore until she calms even if it''s quite awhile. Distraction works pretty good too. B sounds like he is being the perfect bigger brother meanwhile, things are going really well by the sounds of it!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
reading backwards..

tacori: sounds exciting with preschool decision--can''t wait to hear how it goes when the time comes. There will be some drama in the beginning I''m sure, but she''ll be the star of the class in no time! Re: eye color..sounds SO similar to us. I have dark brown eyes (as does everyone on my side) and DH''s are very blue...almost light gray to blue. So guess we ended up with some mixture. I hope C''s eyes do not darken..sometimes I think that they have (when she was younger they were alot more green), but they still aren''t brown if that makes sense, so I have to go with hazel. See if you can get a close up of T''s eyes! I tried a few times with the camera...

burk: i was thinking the same thing as tacori, if you double T''s height, it means over 6ft! Supermodel potential
emwink.gif

jas: sorry to hear about the inner turmoil over performing,etc. These things come and go though..maybe the new part will spark something new? Although it''s always best to be true to oneself and I admire how you''ve continued to do that with 2 little ones! C''s also got the delayed 15 mo appt (3 more weeks from today), I''m scared for the MMR shot though. Are your boys chatters yet?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies..

Just wanted to stop by and give my condolences to msb. I am so sorry to hear your news.

Burk, Amelia is tracking to have pretty well the exact stats as Tayva, wow.

Jas, congrats on the part, and I say, write girl, write!

Tacori, let me know how you attack PT...sounds like she''s more and more ready!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hiiiiii Momies. It''s been too long

First off , i have to say a much belated congrats to Puffy on beautiful Noah. OMG, i am so out of the loop here, but iam so happy that everything went well.

MSB--so sorry to hear about your loss. I could not imagine how difficult that would be. Take care of yourself

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Burk--you are getting so close! Wow, just a few more weeks. I would not worry about the paci either. Co still has his at night (likes to hold one in each hand which is weird) and with the new baby and all, like u said, not a good time for big change.
T is SO tall, but no surprising.

Tacori--that cookie breath story had me giggling. She is so funny. Co''s thing is wrappers, he hears me open something and comes running hoping it will be a treat!
Yay for preschool. We don''t have it in canada so i''ve always been confused about how that all works. Seems like it is a huge deal (the whole $ and waiting list part). Is it every day? Is it mostly structured play? I don''t know much about it, but picture it like daycare. I am assuming however, it is something families do even if a parent is at home? It''ll be great for you, esp if in school

MrsS. glad u had a good, if not busy, holiday -- enjoy the mani/pedi

Diva--18 mos already eh? Time flies!

Jas--congrats on the part, but it''s sucky you are not feeling it. Like Tgal siad, you are talented and i am positive you will be great at whatever comes your way

Snlee--i love the stage when they start repeating stuff. Sounds like D is great. Co was cruising at 15 mos too, things didn''t click in that area till around 16+ mos...and then, watch out!
1.gif

lili-J''s such a daredevil! keep posting those vids

Tgal--Amelia and Tayva both at 5''11 whoa! Super models.

Hope everyone had a terrific holiday. i am back at work so i have some computer time. yay. The break was crazy busy but nice. I was (still am ) exhausted. Co is pretty darn easy, i can''t complain, but even an easy baby is hard when preggo. I just get tired really quick, esp not having charlie around.
Our house continues to progress. I miss having Charlie home, but seeing the progress is worth it. Just a few more months...We got an early dinner out for NYE (our first alone date since last winter!!!) and it was nice and needed!

Co is great. He has suddenly ( over last 3 weeks) started to talk in full sentences and engage in mini conversations. He''s certainly not perfectly clear (i sometimes interpret for charlie-hehe) but he puts new sentences together on a daily/hourly basis. This morning charlie was getting him out of his crib and he heard me in the bathroom and he said "dadda, I hear mom". Charlie, all confused asked "dadda is near mom??" and Co said "nooo, i hear mom"! "i hear mom". Then charlie said
" shhh, mom is sleeping" and Co said "oh nooooo dad!". (as if to say, are you slow dad???)
I had to go in and clarify. Haha. He cracks me up.

I am a bad mom and have not brought my kid for a check up since last Feb.
6.gif
15.gif
. Seriously, that is bad, but he hasn''t even had a cold since then and i really kept looking for a reason to go in, but never found one. Then over the H1N1 outbreak, i didn''t dare sit with him along with the other sickies. But he needs some other vacs & maybe a general check up, so i best go!! I''ll update then (but i know he weighs 27 lbs and is outgrowing all his clothing on target
2.gif
)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~Sounds like you had a great winter break with the girls! yay for some "me time" and mani/pedi Friday!
9.gif

puffy~I really hope she gets back into "school" mode too because she was a royal PITA last night!
41.gif
I am not sure when I''ll actually go on mat leave....doing the "play it by ear" thing right now. I know I''ll be taking a lot of unpaid time after I have the baby so don''t want to go crazy before too.....that and I feel pretty good right now so I''ll just have to see.

janine~I don''t know about supermodel, but certainly a tall girl. So hard to think about them being "full grown" though!

Tgal~I thought A and T would have pretty similar stats. I look forward to hearing what A''s are at her 2 year appt!

Jas12~Good to *see* you!! I have so much more computer time at work, too. So funny you said Co sleeps with one in each hand because T does too!! We give her 3 pacis to take to her bed with her and she puts one in and holds the other two. I also have to translate Tayva speak for my DH. Last week she said something and he *thought* he knew what she said before I did and was so proud of himself until she corrected him and I actually did know what she said! When do you think you''ll be in our new house? Ours is totally on hold right now due to this terrible, crazy weather we''re having!!
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guess who is starting preschool TOMORROW!?! So excited. I don''t think it will be too traumatic for her since she does do childwatch when I go to the gym and their mom''s morning out program. She seems to enjoy those and is very social. She was asking about Tyler today. Not sure who that is.
33.gif

Burk, I am very short. I am only 5''1". My entire family is short. I think my dad is only 5''7". My DH is 6''1" so it really is a range. Treats are ok in moderation. Of course I broke down and let her have cookies for breakfast so I guess I am a hypocrite.

mrsS, it is warm enough for the park there? It is so cold here. Ick. I think T''s change too. That is so sweet. I cannot wait to actually hang out with T. *sign* One day.

puffy, how is being a mommy of 2?

Janine, my DH''s side ALL has blue eyes. My family is a mixed bag. My brother has BRIGHT blue eyes. My sister and dad have hazel/green. My mom has brown so it really is anyone''s guess. I will try to get a picture. They are very interesting.

TGal, PT will be a battle. I just know it. I am in no rush!

Jas12, there are a couple different kinds of preschool. They have play based and academic based. T''s is play based. Since she won''t go to kindergarten until she is 5, almost 6 I am okay with letting her be a kid for awhile. They do learn stuff (obviously) but it is more through play (if that makes sense). Some of my friends opt for academic based and they seem to put more pressure on the kid IMHO. She will go to school 2 days a week for 4 hours each (9-1). She will eat lunch there which I also think helps socialization. Next year I will put her in 3 mornings a week and I believe I can do 4 mornings when she is 4+. I am not that familiar with daycare but they don''t have a naptime or anything. They sing, dance, play, do art projects, play outside...she really will have a blast. When I picked her up from the mom''s morning out (mini preschool) they were playing dress-up and they had massive amounts of play clothes, shoes, hats. I don''t know anyone who skips preschool all together but I do have friends wait so their kid will only go 1 or 2 years before kindergarten. T will have gone 3.5 years if we keep her in. I am surprised Canada doesn''t have nursery school/preschool.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Yay for Tessa!
36.gif
I bet she has a blast and is naming more than just Tyler when she gets home tomorrow.
3.gif
I think genetics are such a crazy thing. I''m 5''10" but my sister is only 5''5" and I have an aunt who is 4''11" so who knows what will happen with our kids. My T has asked for cookies or cake for breakfast on numerous occasions (most likely because she could tell that''s what I had....I''m terrible) and I''ve given in once or twice too!
2.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
yay for tessa x 2! And that was fast, I thought this was a few months away! She''s going to have a blast.

I''m surprised Canada doesn''t have pre-school either (or it''s not as popular)? Where I live almost all SAHM''s enter their kids in pre-school 1) for some sanity and alone time, but primarily 2) for the child''s socialization. For working moms, the 1/2 days are not enough, so typically they enter the child into pre-school at daycare (full day and probably more academic oriented). I think I will do that for C once she''s 2 or 2.5 (2 days a week). Pricey for the daycare version though (close to 700 for the 2 days where I live!).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I usually try to distract her with fruit or something but she was being so crabby I just gave in. Oh well. At least I didn''t give her more when she was done. She tried! Genetics are weird. I just hope she is taller than me
3.gif

Janine, I had to get her in before the end of Jan. to get first dibs on a space for next year. Yay! No waiting in line (in the freezing cold) at 4 am!!! Daycares are pricey. Wow! I found their schedule online. So cute. It will be really good for her.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-it is not warm enough for the park. I just hadn''t seen one of my friends in months and she has 2 boys the same age as my girls. Since it is so darn cold we thought maybe 20 minutes at the park would be good for them, just to run around outside for a little bit. The kids had a blast but poor Jake was miserable. he wanted to play so badly and seemed fine for about 5 minutes and then came running toward me crying "cold, cold" and his little cheeks and hands were icicles b/c he will not keep gloves or a hat on. So my friend, Jake and I ended up sitting in our van an watching the kids play for about 5 minutes and then loaded every one up and went back to her house. yay for T starting pre-school too. Jake loves his class. He cried the first day but now goes right in and starts playing. T does so well at the childwatch and the Y preschool that I''m sure she will do great at the one you''re sending her too.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
janine hopefully what C is going through is just a minor phase and she''ll be over it soon cause we all know how crazy those tantrums can get!

jas12 thanks!!! sounds like Co is doing very well. when B first started to really talk, i had to translate for DH ALL the time. how are you feeling?

burk that''s great that you feel pretty good. hoping that the weather cooperates with your house plans soon!

tacori WOW, that was quick!! YAY for T starting school. i''m sure she''ll do well and love playing with all the other kids. being a mommy of 2 is going pretty well right now. noah is now 2 weeks. B''s been an awesome helper and any free time i have, i try to spend it with B. he even asked why i don''t pay attention to him as much. i felt so bad when he asked me that. and it totally doesn''t help that DH is never around.

i made it to the gym today. i had been planning on going at the 2 weeks mark, and i was surprised that i actually made it there. i was so proud of myself. my mom came over to watch noah and i took B with me. he had a great time, and the people at the gym were greeting him by his name and saying that they missed him and he loved all the attention. he told everyone about his baby brother, which was cute. i did cardio for 1 hour, but was ready for a nap after. haha.

hope everyone is having a great day!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Jas
Good luck with deciding what you want to do. I am sorry that performing arts had lost its appeal to you.
How are the boys? Babbling away?

Snlee
D is saying a lot of words, and getting big. I think you need more pics of him on FB.
Sorry about the sleep regression. We are going through a major case. I basically can’t put her down in her crib anymore. She just hangs onto my neck. I tried laying her down and kneeling down next to the crib to pat her, but she gets up and puts her hands on my cheeks, trying to pull me up. Last night I held her until she fell asleep. Then she had been having one night waking at 4am. We’ve been bringing her to our bed, so we can sleep (which is such a bad habit). I am not sure what we can do. Sigh.
M doesn’t know how to use utensils yet. She’ll try to pick things up with spoon/fork and put the spoon/fork in her mouth, but nothing ends up in her mouth. Hehe.

Burk
I can imagine how tough it is for T to get back to the daycare routine. It’s like me going to work every Monday. Haha.

MrsS
Sounds like you had an awesome time with the girls over the break. And yay for mani/pedi.

Puffy
Our nephew still has accidents b/c he always says no when we ask him if he need to go. And then he gets embarrassed. It’s kind of funny.
We got M a full size bed. I don’t think she is really ready for a bed, but we are getting one b/c we think it’s a safer option. We think she’ll need us to sleep with her on the bed, so we would be more comfy in a full size bed than a toddler bed. We also rather sleep with her on her bed than have her on our bed. At least that’s the reasoning.
It’s so great that B is helpful, and that he understands he need to share you with Noah. B is just a wonderful kid.
Hitting the gym already. You are super mommy.

Janine
What’s going on with all these toddlers and sleep regression. I am spotting the sleepy look too. C sounds a lot like M. She is really restless. She sits up in her sleep, gets on her stomach and starts crawling until she gets right up to the edge of the crib. We would find her sideway or opposite from how we put her down.

Tacori
Yay for T starting daycare. So you have your day planned yet? Hehe.

Jas12
LOL on Co and Charlie’s convo.
Sounds like the house is coming along. When do you think you’ll get to move in?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, poor sweet Jake. It is so cold here I cannot imagine what it is like up north. Brrrr.

Puffy, it only worked out so quickly b/c they had an opening and I guess no one was on the waiting list. The timing was PERFECT. You are working out 2 weeks PP. You are crazy lady!

Q, not sure what I will do. I think I will take a pilates class even though that seems silly since I can usually take her to child watch but I ran all of my errands today. Maybe I will come home and read or watch a movie.
16.gif
I think next wednesday I will hit the outlets.
11.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--that sounds awesome! I would totally do the play-focused preschool. No way i would want any sort of academic pressure on a 2-3 year old. that is a bit crazy IMO. I am sure she will love it.
I am sure the YMCA or something offers similar programs around here, but it''s certainly not the norm for families. Not a standard step like it seems to be in the states. Daycare is a similar setting, but it''s more for working parents. I''ll have to ask around to see if there is anything once or twice a week available . Maybe it is because school starts a little earlier here (junior-kindergarden and then senior kindergarten is all provincially run). i dunno, but it would be nice to put co into something when the new baby arrives.
Best of luck to T tomorrow :)

Burk--you are having the crazy weather too eh? Really slows things down. Poor charlie is insulating in -20 weather on a daily basis, he dresses in layers and we do have space heaters, but it can''t be nice! We started dry walling so things are movin now. We want to be settled and moved in by May--esp if we go ahead with the home birth! You guys will wait till spring to break ground i guess. Hey, now that i think of it, what happened to that old house reno you were considering a while ago? I must of missed your update on it waaaay back.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 5:53:01 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
MrsS, poor sweet Jake. It is so cold here I cannot imagine what it is like up north. Brrrr.

girl, I''m just a few hours west of you now so I''m guessing our temps are pretty close. high''s in the 20''s is still cold to me and I grew up in OH. I think my blood has thinned since moving to the south. Last year when we were in Indy it was minus 18 degrees and that was insane. I vowed to never complain about the Nashville temps again, summer or winter.

puffy-you went to the gym already? you are superwoman. Do be careful though. I''m lazy and always waited until after my 6 weeks postpartum check-up to start working out again
41.gif

jas12-that is too funny about his conversation with his daddy. I wished we lived close so Co and jake could have playdates!

qt: my 7 year old crawled into bed last night with us around 3:00am and I was too tired to take her back upstairs. sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to get some sleep. I always say that I''m 100% that by the time they are teenagers the last place they will want to sleep is in our bed so I''ll take the cuddles while they are little and want to be there
1.gif
don''t worry though, it''s a phase and it will pass.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, oooh, the possibilities are endless! I''m so jealous!

re: play vs academic based - I''m all for play! Kids need to play! I hear there''s homework in Kindergarten these days. Huh? I never had homework when I was in Kindy.

I think having a kid who knows to much before the official start of school results in one of two possible things: 1) a kid who is bored or 2) a kid who is a smart aleck. I was the probably a bit of the latter and let me tell you, it''s a bit of a downer when your parents no longer can teach you and get you ahead and you realize you''re a do-do for real.
41.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12, you should look into it. SAHMs need a break. I have had her in a mom''s morning out program (I know MrsS uses one too) since Sept. That gave me 3 hours a week. Now I will have 8!
16.gif
Play based is what I prefer too. She will still learn the basics but just in a fun setting. I have a friend who got her masters in early ed and worked in a preschool and said she thought play based was better too. It is less rigid. So in her class if the kids seem to be really interested in a book on the weather (for example) then she does activities about that (instead of following a preset learning plan). You are a teacher so I know you know all about that. I just thought that was interesting. The ratio is 4:1 so I think it really will be great for her. There are hundreds on preschools around me. Maybe thousands. Every church has one and there is a TON of private or "chain" type preschools.

MrsS, I grew up in WI and OH so I used to know cold. My blood thinned fast. Seriously. It feel bitter cold here and it says it is 27 degrees. I am weak.

TGal, hehe. I am pretty excited. I agree, play is important. She has her whole life to study and work hard. She is a baby! I want her to have fun first and learn second. It isn''t like she is going to be 16 and not know her shapes.
20.gif
I don''t remember having homework either. Our one friend is so intense. He quizzes his 3 year old. Poor kid.

I have T''s outfit picked out. Hopefully I remember to take a picture.
16.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Distraction usually works for me too....or I'll offer her so many other options in hopes she forgets about the cookies. Lately, though, I've been on this huge kick where I'm in love with Toaster Struedels for breakfast. So not good for me but she saw me eating one and now asks for "mommie's toast" for breakfast some mornings. I cave and give in and give it to her when she refuses to eat anything else. There. I said it. I'm a bad mom!
16.gif

Puffy~Good for you getting to the gym! I highly doubt I'll be that motivated but now I have you going to keep me motivated!
2.gif
The weather is not looking good. We actually have another day off school tomorrow due to snow. We've NEVER had this much snow or had these low temps. We were planning to break ground this month....so not going to happen and who knows how long it will take for all this snow to melt and the weather to be warm enough to actually dig a hole.

QT~I felt the same way going back to work yesterday so I guess we were all in the same boat!
9.gif
Luckily she was MUCH better today and I'll be home with her tomorrow since we don't have school now. Yay!

Jas12~yep, our weather is out of control. I have seriously never seen this much snow or experienced these kinds of temps. Ridiculous. At least we got another snow day tomorrow!
3.gif
Poor Charlie working on your house when it's so cold. I can't imagine. I hope it all works out for you guys to be in by May. We were hoping to get our hole dug this month and be in by May but that won't happen so we'll probably be digging in February or March....BOOOOOOO. The house were were considering didn't work out. It was going to be a lot of work so we really needed to buy it right and we couldn't agree on a price.

Re: preschools T's is play based and I'm glad. Kids need to be kids. They still do the basics (today they were drawing circles when I got there to pick her up...TOO cute!) but it isn't as rigid and there is no pressure. The kids just have a great time.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Just relax and enjoy. Outlets next week sounds fun.
How cute that you already picked out T''s outfit.

MrsS
Thanks for your comment and reassurance. I don''t mind holding M to sleep, but I just want to have our bed and alone time for DH and me. We are just going to play it by ear.

Tgal
Our nephew in kindergarten has homework. He is given a homework folder on Monday with all the worksheets that he needs to do and turn in on Friday.
I had homework in kindergarten, but I was in a different country then.

Burk
Hehe. I guess everyone needs time to adapt.
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
puffy, B is such a great big brother! So cute how he wants to help change his little brother's diaper. He's so sweet! I can't believe you went to the gym for an hour 2 weeks post-partum! I already thought you were super mommy but you are seriously amazing! I could barely move 2 weeks post-partum. That's awesome you met your goal!

Jas12, oh yes, now I remember Co was a late walker too. Since he walked later, do you think he took off faster when he started to walk? Even though I'm looking forward to D walking, I'm enjoying the time I have left because I know we'll be in so much trouble very soon! Very exciting that Co is talking in full sentences and engaging in mini conversations. LOL at your story!

Tacori, wow, that was fast! Good luck! I'm sure T's first day will go great!

QT, the last two nights D went to sleep by himself pretty easily but he's been waking up early so we always bring him to bed so we can all get more sleep too. I know it's bad but what can you do?

MrsS, I enjoy and miss co-sleeping with D so it's nice to spend some time with him in bed but I don't want to start bad habits. You are right though, eventually they won't want to sleep in our beds!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt hopefully M will do better on her full size bed. a friend of ours got their daughter a full size bed at 15 months cause she HATED her crib. and from that point on, she slept like a little angel. so i''m hoping that''s what''s going to happen for M also. yeah, B is pretty wonderful, if i do say so myself. but don''t get me wrong, he has his moments where he is like a devil child. haha. how is M doing, other than the sleep regression?

tacori i am super excited for you and T. pilates class sounds pretty nice or just hanging out is always fun too. i''m sure she''ll have a wonderful time. kids need to be kids and play, play, play!! i figured that if i feel ok enough to go to the gym, then i was going to try to go, and i felt pretty good so why not, i guess. i want to get back into shape quick, haha. but hopefully it''ll be tons easier this time since i gained so much less. i have about 5 lbs to lose, so no time like the present.

mrsS i would have loved to wait until my 6 week PP check up, but i KNOW myself all too well. if i would have waited, i would not have been going to the gym until like 12 wk PP. haha.

burk haha, "mommy''s toast," i LOVE it!! kids are too funny! have fun being home with T tomorrow in your lounge pants. i''m sure you will be just as motivated to get to the gym. it really wasn''t as bad as i thought it would be, but boy was i pooped after. haha. the weather sounds awful, sorry. hopefully it''ll cooperate soon.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I''m counting this as my "yesterday" post and will do a "today" post later. I am weird.

Two healthy boys! The doctor is never easy, especially when shots are involved. Poor little Logan always gets up on that table and smiles so broadly at the nurse...then YOWIE! He looks at her (and then me) so upset. He also has quite the set of lungs on him. The nurse was all upset cuz of my lil'' sad boy. Milk seemed to ease the pain, though. :)

They are both 50th percentile for everything, except Logan''s weight, which is in the 75th percentile. He''s all muscle, though, so he doesn''t have any cute pudgie rolls. He was very happy to keep showing the doctor his tummy. Tummies are funny to him. He spends hours trying to access mine...when he does, he excavates my belly button.

One of these days, he''s going to try to do that to a stranger. That will not go well.

Jackson is just fine. Serious separation anxiety. He doesn''t even want me in another room. He is "claiming" me and will try to shove Logan off my lap to claim the space. Poor Logan, who is MUCH bigger and beefier than Jackson just takes it, rolls off, and looks at me so hurt. I am trying to split the lap time, but it''s getting to be a struggle every time I sit down. Then again, it''s lovely that they both want to have quality Mama lap time.

Tonight is my first rehearsal in the V. Monologues, and Friday is my first rehearsal as choreographer/director for the other piece I''m doing. That one has been getting me up at 4am in a total panic. No inspiration, little direction, no time, lotsa panic. I need to learn to THINK about things before saying yes to them. :)

Snlee -- I cannot believe how big D is getting. Walking and cruising and talking. It''s amazing! I hope the sleep training goes well and goes quickly!!!
Burk -- bittersweet is the exact right word, thank you. I hope your afternoon went ok. It is so tough on kids when routines change, even if they change "back" to what they''re used to!
MrsS -- I''m in for whatever when you''re up here! I forgot your son was up here! Yea! I may have to give you a baby as a parting gift, though. You''ve been warned.
Janine -- I feel the same way about the MMR...but I guess they had theirs already (mine) -- I was asking about it. I''ll keep my toes crossed for you. The boys are definitely chattering...although they are holding out on saying "mama" -- they do say "dada" and "gee" (George, our dog) and "cheese" and "light" and "uh oh" (that''s my favorite!). Lots of babbling, and lots of pretending they are reading to me, which is especially funny when they hold the books upside down! How is the chattering at your house?
Jas12 -- So glad your holidays were good. I cannot believe how big C has gotten -- talking!?!! Wowzers. I hope you are able to sneak in rests frequently!
Tacori -- HOORAY! (On both preschool and cookies for breakfast. I''m all about that)
QT -- Hi! How are you? The boys are awesome, just dealing with some sibling rivalry!

Back to "choreographing" for my non-dancers. (That''s good. I have ZERO dance training.) This is making me literally sick. Ew. Talk to you all later or tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results