shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt what a great little bump you have!! you look great, seriously!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
qt: you look great. I love the side by side comparisons of your 2 pregnancy''s too...that is so cool.

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
Thanks. I've been waiting forever for the hair on the back of her hair to be long enough to be gathered into a pigtail.
J really doesn't have that much hair. It's very thin and scragly (is that even a word)?
M will probably end up with longer and thicker hair than J.
That's funny, my DH is the one who wants to find out the sex of the baby and I want to be surprised.
So does that exclude your PS mommies?

Love the side by side comparison.
You looked great! Still so so tiny.
But I have to say that you are carrying slightly higher (the top is a little rounder) than M
A boy maybe?
2.gif

Burk--
Thanks. T is very lean and muscular.
By the way, what size is that polka dot swimsuit? Just so I get an idea how big and tall A is relative to J :)
You should post those videos of her making animal sounds! I love to see them.
I tried capturing on film of J making animal sounds and talking, but every time she sees the camera, she'd made a mad dash for it or else become mute
40.gif

So sorry to hear that T is having trouble sleeping.
Do you think she may be having night terrors or something?

How nice it is to have a clean toddler.
I noticed those pictures of her w/ her broom and mop -- so cute.
J likes the broom too. So we got her a play set one, but she much preferred the real thing.

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
Don''t worry about M being jealous of the baby.
I think I''ve told puffy about my nephew and his baby brother.
He was insanely jealous of the baby in his mom''s tummy and does not like it when his mom hold other babies.
He''d be pushing J away when she was holding her.
But when the baby came out, he couldn''t be a more loving and doting brother.
Always going over to kiss and pet him....so much so that he''d wake the baby up when he''s sleeping ^.^
Now it''s his baby and no one can touch him.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:41:13 PM
Author: mrssalvo
puffy-i worked out during my pregnancy too. I actually taught spinning classes 5 days a week when preggo with my first and still gained 40 lbs. i think I'm just one of those gals who pack on the baby weight or after my first my body just remembered how big I am preggo and decided to get there as quickly as it could
3.gif
. seriously though, it's great that you are working out and taking care of yourself. I am convinced that because I did workout while preggo that my labor and deliveries were easier and I know my recovery's were quicker and I was able to get back to my pre-preggo weight/size fairly quickly. that is so cute about B picking out new stuff for his room. We are getting my 5 year old new bedding and she picked the potterybarnkids new barbie set. it's sooooo her! very pink and girly. it's so fun to see them excited about sleeping in their 'new beds.'

Lucky you, I still can't fit into some of my pre-preggo pants.
I think I need new wardrobe.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
That''s great you can get yourself motivated to hit the gym that often.
Like MrsS said, the more active you are while preggo, the easier your labor and faster your recovery.
Since your first labor was so short, or you planning on going natural this time around?

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Burk, little B is into bread right now. He can just eat bread all day long.
But again only several bites at a time.

puffy, he is still taking his soy milk mixed with soy formula.
The other day I was eating ice cream and he took couple bites and the skin
around his mouth start to get red and swell up...I guess he haven''t out grow the milk allergy.

Thanks QT, it''s very stressful on me and DH that he don''t want to eat.
It''s making our life kind of miserable...
love your little bump, it looks rounder compare to the first one.

MrsS, so happy to hear about your biopsy result!

lili, love your new avi.!

So we took little B back to pedi for his eating problem, the pedi ordered a lot of test
so he got 5 tubes of blood drawn from him. I was crying with him at the end, I keep asking
the nurse "there are no more blood coming out, you sure he is going to be ok?"

We also need to collect urine and stool sample which is not easy, hopefully all the test
will come back ok.

He weights 20lb 2 oz at 18 months. but his hight is still in the 25% ~ 50% tile.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
PUFFY, wow, you're still working out 6 times a week? That's awesome!!! Does B go to your gym's childcare while you work out? Does he like it?

MRSS, that's great news! Glad the biopsy was benign.

QT, love the belly picture! You look great! I love the side comparisons of your two pregnancies.

LILI, love your new avi! J is so adorable with her pigtails!

BOBO, poor little guy and poor you! I hope his eating situation gets better soon.

We are all moved into our new house (yay!) but it's a mess. There's so much cleaning and unpacking to do but it's slowly coming along. Moving with a baby is very hard! It's so difficult to get anything done with D around. The day/night before we moved, D had his first fever, I think due to teething but he may be a little sick too (runny nose and a little cough). He has a tooth coming, which has been making him cranky. Plus adjusting to the new place, poor guy. He's so fussy and wants to be held constantly. So hard to get anything done! At this rate, it's going to take us forever to unpack!

D is still not showing any interest in crawling. He rarely goes on all fours now. He goes from laying down to sitting. He loves standing. I think he's going to walk before he crawls, which I'm a little sad and worried about. When you hold him under his armpits, he takes steps now! I am not ready for him to walk yet! I can't believe he's turning ONE soon! It's crazy how fast it goes by!

A question about milk - When did you start your LO on whole milk? I'm starting to think about weaning D and starting him on whole milk. We leave on a trip about a week after he turns 1, which is the time I'm going to wean him. My parents will be watching him. I think (and hope) that going away is a good way to break it off. I hope he'll be okay since he's used to them watching him during the day and getting bottles. My question is would you start the transition to whole milk before or after the trip. I'm leaning towards starting whole milk after we get back, so we can monitor it closely and make sure he has no allergic reaction.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili haha, nope definitely not planning on go natural. i think it''s a wonderful thing for those who can do it, but it just isn''t for me. i went until practically 8cm with B and i was ready to kill myself and DH at that. so this time, as soon as i can get the epi, i definitely am getting one. i know that if i hadn''t gotten an epi with B, my labor would have been shorter, like i would have had to push twice and he would have been out, but i couldn''t feel what i was doing, so 20 minutes or so of pushing, which i don''t think is that bad. did you go natural? ok woman, have you scheduled your dentist appt? and i noticed in your new AV, J just looks so grown up, not mature or anything like that, but just like a big girl. so cute she is!!

bobo i hope all of little B''s tests come back ok. did the pedi suggest any thing to do for him in the meantime? that''s good that he is eating bread, even though it''s just little bites at a time.

snlee yup, i take B to the gym with me, and he loves it there and they love him there. all the ladies are all over him and he is definitely all over them also. i can''t imagine moving with a baby, esp one who is mobile and doesn''t just lie there. but i''m sure you guys will be settled in before you know it. B started to walk a nit after 10 months and he didn''t crawl until 11 months or so. but even when he did know how to crawl, he just didn''t do it much. sounds like D might be on his way to cruising along soon. is he pulling himself up? as for milk, we introduced it to B at 11 months or so, as a snack, but i was still nursing. i just wanted to make sure he didn''t have any reactions to it since we were going to be in hawaii after he turned 1, i didn''t want to be nursing him the entire day. so i got him used to the milk, which he did fine with, and i still nursed at night. you have a frozen stash for him while you guys are away? hope the weaning goes ok. all kids take to it differently.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee- I started giving Jake soy milk right before he turned one. He had skin issues with dairy so he basically just drank water until he outgrew his intolerance.

puffy- I had the epi with all my kids..I''m a huge fan[
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey gals...

Will have to catch up this weekend - sorry I''ve been somewhat MIA as we are moving into a rental home! Wanted to stop by and say hi and give Amelia''s 16 month stats. It was a different doc yesterday so I didn''t get percentiles written on my sheet but I do remember generally where Amelia is on the chart.

Height: 34" (Giant)
Weight: 23 lbs, 6 oz (average, if not a bit below)
Head: 47 cm (about 75%)

So fair to say she looks like a tall lollipop.
41.gif

She also has a strawberry forming.
15.gif
I thought that''s what it is since I remember that Ella''s K had one. Amelia is getting it pretty late though...I thought they happened mostly in the first year.

Anyhoo, miss all you ladies but promise to catch up soon!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal, YAY for the new rental home...no more fleas
36.gif

and wow, Amelia is tall. Jake is only 31 inches...i''ve got me a shorty...how''s her walking coming along?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 1:04:36 PM
Author: mrssalvo
tgal, YAY for the new rental home...no more fleas
36.gif

and wow, Amelia is tall. Jake is only 31 inches...i''ve got me a shorty...how''s her walking coming along?
Hi mrsS, she is walking all over the place now. Still falls, but is not much interested in crawling anymore.
1.gif

You don''t have a shortie...you have a normal sized child!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw gals, my Amelia stone has gotten her diamond buddies...check it out in the CS forum.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
Poor mama and poor little B.
You and little B went through so much.
Hope the test results come back clean.
Sorry to hear that B hasn''t outgrown his milk allergy.
Is the reaction a little less severe than before though?

B is a skinny thing.
He and J weigh the same.
J''s been fluctuating between 19 and 20.
I think she just broke 20lb consistently for the last week.

Snlee--
Thanks.
How exciting you are in the new house.
It is difficult to get anything done w/ a baby around.
Perhaps you may need to let someone babysit D for the weekend and just dove right into unpacking and settling into your new place.
We gave J milk product (yogurt and cheese) around 11 months just to make sure that she doesn''t have an adverse allergy to milk.
Didn''t give her milk until after one though, but that''s just because I procrastinate and also because she was just reluctant to give milk a try.
I probably would start the transition after the trip too since they may be able to tolerate a little of milk but not alot (like Tayva).

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
Thanks. She''s getting so big now.
I think you can totally handle going natural.
You went so far w/o the epi and you progressed so fast too.
And they say the second one is faster.
I did go natural, but I did cave and ask for the epi after 1/2 hr into the pain.
Thought that I have many hours to go since I only started feeling the contractions after checking into the hospital.
Little did I know that I was actually in the transition stage and by the time I asked for the epi, they told me that it was too late and I was about to deliver.

41.gif
will do next week.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Wow, A is extremely tall and skinny.
She''s probably a good 2-3 inches taller than J.
I was thinking that she looks so much bigger than J in her videos ^.^
8.gif
Where is the strawberry mark?

36.gif
36.gif
for moving to a new flea-less home.
Is this place bigger so that A get more room to roam about?
That''s great that she''s liking her new skills
1.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks snlee, sorry to hear D got a fever, hope it's nothing. I hate unpacking,
we moved into our new home a month ago and we're not done with unpacking. Can't believe D
will turn one soon, time fly~

Thanks puffy, pedi haven't suggest anything yet, I think he is waiting on the test result
to see what we should do next. He is eating a tiny bit better, but still little bites at a time
so we're constantly feeding him.

TGal, Amelia is a tall lollipop, little B look like a lollipop too with his big head and
skinny body. yay on moving to a fleas free home, maybe it's roomy enough for #2? Amelia stone looks
awesome with her diamond sidekicks.

Thanks lili, the reaction is a little less severe but he only took 2 licks, 3 the most on the
ice cream so it should be too severe compare to him drinking whole milk. little B's weight been going
up and down between 19 and 20 too, finally broke the 20lb.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili good for you!! at least you will know what to expect for #2!! you plan on going natural for #2 also? i''m not very good at handling pain, so i think the faster i get that epi, the happier all parties involved would be. what''s J been up to? she looks thinner also.

bobo when do his test results come back in? gosh, i hope they can help you as to what to do for food. doe she like snacks, rice, crackers? my friend''s son is going to be 2 and still what his pedi considers underweight, he is just about 20 lbs, but this kid eats anything and everything. so weird. but still it''s a worry, i''m sure. hopefully, he will just decide that he is ready to eat someday soon!!

as for B, he is officially an alphabet singing maniac!! he will sing the entire alphabet through a few times then he will say, a is for apple, b is for brady, c is for cat, and so on. i must hear the alphabet song about 100 times a day. it''s madness. but every time he says what the letter is for, it is different each time, so strange.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
super quiet on the toddler thread today huh?

I hope all the mommies are doing well. I know it''s a crazy time of year with school starting up etc. Not much Jake news. He did add another word to his vocabulary...bird. I was putting him in his carseat and he started saying Bird, Bird and I looked at him and said what? and he pointed to the sky at the birds that were flying over us and said "bird." He has also turned into monkey boy and will climb up/onto anything. first is was the kids picnic table I have on my back patio. Last night after dinner he climbed up on to a chair and then stood up on the chair and climbed up onto the kitchen table
32.gif
. I did manage to get a picture before taking him off and telling him no.
41.gif
tonight we are having family movie night and staying in. I rented Hotel 4 dogs so hopefully it''s somewhat entertaining. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Bobo--
Wow, just a few licks and he reacted like that?
14.gif

Hope the allergy doesn''t stay w/ him.
Keeping my fingers crossed that his thyroids are normal.

Puffy--
What a little smartie B is!
Not only does he knows the alphabet, he knows what each words begin w!
He''ll be reading and spelling words before he hit 2 at the rate he''s going!
If it is guaranteed that my labor is as short as my first one, I''ll definitely try natural again.
I don''t think I can tolerate that pain for more than an hour like Snlee and Jas12 did.
J is doing well, thanks for asking.
I don''t know if she''d lost weight since she is gaining weight steadily.
Maybe she''s a bit taller? or maybe it''s the hairdo.
She''s got a small head, so putting her hair up in pigtails just accentuate that fact :razz:
So where''s your belly picture contribution for this week missy?

Burk--
Is Tayva doing better w/ her sleep?
And how are you doing? We like to see your belly pictures too
2.gif

MrsS--
It is a bit slow these days on this thread....maybe it''s because we no longer post pictures of the cuties here
and maybe because MsTacori is not gracing us w/ her presence lately
41.gif
Hope she''s doing ok.
Yay for another word to Jake''s list.
Do you keep a running log of all the words that he knows?
Hehe....monkey boy huh? I think they love to be up high and be at eye level to everyone else
5.gif

You got to post that pix of him on the table!

Hope everyone have a great weekend.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!! I''ve been so busy heading back to work that I''ve barely had a chance to read the thread. Tayva has luckily transitioned well to being back at daycare and her night wakings have ended. I think it was probably her teeth or maybe she had a touch of the flu DH had. I''m going to try and catch up with everyone......

puffy~So cute B helped pick out stuff for his brother. I have no clue what we''re going to do since we''ll probably only be in this house for a couple months after the new baby arrives. I''m not going to worry about it yet...still early. Yay B and the alphabet! Cute!

QT~Yep, our girls are too little to even bother them with big sister talk. You look great. I like that you are wearing the same outfit in both pics.

mrss~How did the first day of school go? Saw the adorable pics. Did the girls have fun? I also pack on the pounds during pregancy. I gained 45 lb with T and I worked out and ate relatively healthy. Weird thing is, I was able to wear a lot of my pre-preggo pants for most of my pregnancy. I was pretty much all baby.

lili~T''s polka dot swimsuit is 2t. It''s a little loose, but she''s so long (especially her torso) she needs the 2T. I''ll have to download some video and get it up on FB. I love seeing all your videos, I should return the favor.
21.gif
Thanks for asking about us. We''re good and T is sleeping much better thank goodness. I haven''t taken any belly pics yet, but I need to do so. When I get one, I''ll post it.

bobo~At least he''s eating something. Bread is good. Any word on what the doctor will do next? We''re thinking of little B!!!

snlee~Congrats on being in the new house!!! T had an intolerance to dairy so we started her slowly on whole milk the week before her first birthday. When does D turn 1? You could slowly introduce whole milk a couple weeks before he turns one so that by the time you leave you are sure he has no reactions.

Tgal~Amelia is such a tall, lean girl!! T''s stats are almost identical. Yay for moving!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk-School is going well. My daughter loves it so far which is really great since she''s in a new school once again. I''m so glad to hear Tayva is adjusting well to her new schedule. makes things so much easier on you. how are you feeling? I can''t remember if you said or not whether you are going to find out the sex of the baby?

lili-I thought about posting the Jake on the table picture but I was getting ready to put him in a bath and he''s messy from dinner and only wearing a diaper and I didn''t think all my FB friends would probably care to see it
41.gif
my hubby did get a video of him cleaning my windows today though that I will try and post. For some reason Jake loves to clean windows. Since he''s usually the reason they are dirty with fingerprints I figure I might as well let him learn to clean after himself
3.gif

snlee-i forgot to congratulate you on your new house. and yes, moving with a baby is soooooo hard. it''s not any easier when they are older either.

bobo-we''re thinking of little B. I''m anxious to hear what his DR. says too.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I spoke too soon. D is crawling!
36.gif

With D being more mobile, we decided to start the crib transition. Yesterday was his third night in the crib. He only woke up once last night but cried for 3 hours!!! I''m exhausted today and can barely keep my eyes open. He would fall asleep in our arms but wake up and cry when we put him down in his crib. Finally we just had to let him CIO and he finally soothed himself to sleep after an hour of crying. Poor guy. I hope he gets used to his crib soon. It''s heartbreaking hearing him cry. His voice is hoarse from all the crying.

Thanks for all the advice on introducing whole milk. Still not sure what I''m going to do. I''ll have to do more research.

TGAL, yay for moving! Wow, Amelia is so tall!

PUFFY, B sounds so cute! He is a smarty pants! Yes, I have a frozen stash for D while we will be away so he should be okay.

MRSS, haha monkey boy. Hope he doesn''t get in to too much trouble. What a handful! Thanks! Moving with one baby was hard. I can''t imagine moving with 3 children and such a long distance. Moving with children is difficult. I hope to never move again.

BURK, Thanks! glad T is doing better. D turns one at the end of next month. I can''t believe it. Time flies!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
snlee- yay for D crawling...get ready for some real fun once they are mobile!

Jas12- I''ve been meaning to ask, how''s the whole pottytraining coming with Co? How''s the house coming too?

Burk-How is school going? are you adjusting to your new schedule?

hope all the rest of the mommies are doing well..

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

Ok trying to catch up… working backward.

Snlee
Yay for D crawling again.
How’s the crib transition going? Is he putting himself to sleep in the crib now? It’s very hard to hear them cry, but they need to learn to soothe themselves.
We gave a mixture of BM and whole milk when M was 11 months. First week, 1oz whole milk, second week, 2oz, so on. We got to the third week when it’s 50/50, and found out M was getting red rashes. If I have to do it over again, I probably would’ve just give the whole milk to check if she is tolerant first. Plus M just didn’t like it; she started refusing the mixture. She is on soymilk now, but not having anything close to the recommended amount. It’s mostly water for her. Good luck with transitioning to whole milk. Hope D likes whole milk, so the transition is easy.
MrsS
How are you girls and Jake doing?
Burk
Yeah I plan to take all the official belly pics in the same outfit, so I can see the differences with the two pregnancies and also from week to week. I am a dork.
Glad Tayva is back to sleeping well at night and transitioned well back to daycare.
How are you feeling? No more m/s?
Puffy
Brady is saying words that start with each letter. That’s awesome. So smart.
Ditto lili on belly pic contribution. We haven’t seen a pic of your bump yet. There was no bump in the last pic.
Bobo
Did you get the test results yet? Hope everything is ok with little B.
M’s weight is hovering at 20.5lbs since 9 months. We have to go in for a weight check next Fri. Just to make sure she isn’t losing weight. I have a feeling she’ll stay at this weight for a while.
Tgal
Yay on the new rental home. No more fleas and more space.
Wow, Amelia is tall.
lili
I hope M will be the same as your nephew with his baby brother. I just wonder how it would be like since she doesn’t understand the concept of a baby now. It’s not like we can prepare her.
I don’t think M will have thick hair b/c my hair is super fine, but we’ll see.
As of now, DH is really set on being surprised. And I don’t know if I want that b/c I can’t tell anyone, and that would be hard for me.
I could be carrying higher b/c my uterus knows to stretch out??? I don’t know.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

M can take a few steps without holding anything. She did this a few weeks ago, but it wasn’t consistently. She does it more often now, but only when she wants to get something or go to someone. She doesn’t want us to hold both her arms when she is walking anymore. She only wants to hold our fingers with one hand. It was so funny yesterday. She got a hold of the Stride Rite shoebox, and was carrying it around like a little purse while holding onto my fingers walking. She wouldn’t let go of the box.

M is still not drinking a lot of soymilk. Over the weekend, she drank a lot from a regular to-go cup with straw, but not from her straw cup. We’ll probably have to get her some of those to-go cups and straws to use at home.

She cries now when we leave the house in the morning. She starts crying as soon as she sees us getting our bags and stuffs. She doesn’t cry when she leaves in the middle of the day though. Not sure why. But going home from work is awesome now b/c she’ll reach her arms out for me. Before she didn’t care when I get home.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
qt: Jake went through a crying when we left him phase too. It''s so heartbreaking to hear and see them so upset. I hope it passes quickly for you. How are you feeling?

Jake and the girls are doing fine. my oldest started school last week and Lily went to her first day of kindergarten today. She of course was so excited to go and didn''t flinch when I had to leave the room, I on the other hand burst into tears on my way back to my car
39.gif
. my baby girl is growing up! thanks for asking
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
<--------------- Just for you TGal
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 11:04:11 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
<--------------- Just for you TGal
3.gif
Thanks! LOVE IT!

To the other ladies, I am reading and miss you all. I just haven''t had the time I want to dedicate to responding.

But since I am here, I will update a bit - Amelia has an appointment for her hemangioma on Friday. Hopefully the sucker won''t get too big.

She is full on walking now...no crawling. So much fun. I thought the 3-9 month stage would be my fav but I am LOVING this stage. So cute - walking but no talking (so I don''t have to answer questions and what not.)

I''ve been a craigslist addict trying to get stuff going for this move that is happening, plus will be in WI next week. Suffice it to say, things are crazy!!

I have to say though, while I haven''t posted much in the last week, I''m bummed that this thread is so slow that there isn''t a ton to read. Where the heck is everyone??!?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results