shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers for my little niece

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
My sister gave birth last night to a precious little girl, Colby. Full term, 7 lbs, 10 ounces. But something was wrong, and 5 doctors with the NICU were immediately on scene because of her breathing. We have learned this morning that she has a hole in her lung. I am getting information through my mom and don''t know very much now. I am worried sick, and feel so bad for my sister.

Please pray for my little niece and if you have any insight into this situation, I would appreciate it.

7.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
God bless Colby and your entire family. It sounds like she''s at a good hospital and they immediately went into action. That is a blessing.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i will be praying for Colby and the rest of your family. i am so sorry that your family has to go through this.

lili

Ideal_Rock
I will be praying for precious little Colby and family.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prayers for the family
7.gif
. ohhhh I hope it turns out for the better, such a precious gift of life.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thoughts and prayers!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for little Colby, and for your family. Hugs LitigatorChick.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
sending lots of prayers to Colby.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
7.gif

I am so sorry to hear this...prayers outgoing for your niece and family...

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Tons of prayers outgoing.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. It is so hard to work while I sit and wait for the phone to ring and give me news. I just want to cry when I think of my poor sister, so worried about her baby. I know if Miller was in the same situation, I would have been sick. I guess she can''t even hold her yet.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers and thoughts for little Colby and your family!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers outgoing for sweet baby Colby!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Totally rooting for Colby and the team of doctors to save her life. I bet she will be ok after they get her stable and can repair the hole. I read a big book once about pediatric heart surgery. Though it is a different area, the technology they can bring to bear is just fantastic. Do everything possible to get exactly the right surgeon who specializes in this area. That makes all the difference.

Best of luck to your family and prayers for Colby and you sister. I know how hard this is and I have complete sympathy. Hang in there.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of little Colby and the family. Sending lots of prayers and dusts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes her way...

cheers--Sharon

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Poor baby - and your sister must be a wreck! Dust and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to them, you and the rest of the family.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
sending our thoughts and prayers

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Sending your sister and precious Colby thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Got an update from mom which involved some crying on both ends. Poor little Colby''s lung collapsed and they have put a tube in. As awful as it sounds, it seems to have made her breathing easier and hopefully, allow for the hole to repair. The doctor''s are being optimistic, but not overly so. On a positive note, my sister got to hold Colby today.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry your sister and niece are going through this right now. I saw it happen at one of the hospitals I was at last fall. Healthy term baby, born, then started to have respiratory distress. They did a chest xray, and found one lung collapsed (pneumothorax). The put in a chest tube, and his lung immediately reexpanded. No one had an explanation as to why, as far as I know. Usually things heal up over the next few days, and as long as teh chest tube stays on suction to keep any pressure from building up in the chest and collapse the lung again. When things progress, there''s no suction on the tube, and eventually it gets taken out and they monitor to be sure the pneumothorax doesn''t come back.
For a moment I thought you might mean the baby had been born with a diaphragmatic hernia, which would be more of a problem, because the lung on that side is permanently underdeveloped from the abdominal contents squishing it during prenatal development. I think a pneumothorax has a much better prognosis. I''m not sure what they do if the chest tube alone doesn''t fix the problem. In adults, if there''s a weak spot that keeps breaking open and causing a pneumothorax, they can go in and take out that little part of the lung. I''d think they might be able to do the same in a child? Hope it doesn''t come to surgery though.
Best of luck to your sister and her family!
Kate
PS. I''m certainly not a pediatrician or general surgeon, but am just talking based on what I saw during my residency.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
My now 25 year old beautiful niece was born with a collapsed lung. Praying you will be in the same place in 25 years.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Wishing the very best for Colby''s health.....

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I am keeping Colby in my thoughts and prayers...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with her. It sounds like she had a pneumothorax, which can happen during the birth process I hope things get better for her as her lung heals.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results