shape
carat
color
clarity

Losing the Poundage Post Baby

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
sbde~Thank you! We''re quite fond of her!
2.gif
I think we''ll start trying this month!
6.gif
Meant to say earlier that my eating habits aren''t terrific but I do work out. Even if you take baby on a 20 minute walk everyday you''re helping your cause!
21.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for this thread! My number one goal PP, besides of course all the mommy goals, is to lose weight! I want to get fit for my little girl. I''m saving this thread in my favorites!

What I am definitely doing is joining WW. They have a program for nursing mothers. I know that WW is very successful for other mommies/women so I''m looking forward to it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gained 55 lbs when I was pregnant and had dropped about 30 lbs by two weeks pp. A lot of water weight! I am BFing, and that combined with being too busy to eat in those early weeks helped another 10 lbs come off over the last 8 weeks. So now at 11 weeks pp I have about 15 extra pounds.

Around 1-2 weeks pp I started walking slllooooowwwly for short periods of time, and gradually increased it. Now I try to get a good 45 minutes walk in every day with the baby and the dogs, though I think I only manage about 4 days a week. Starting last week, 10 weeks pp, I began going to the gym and doing beginner excercise classes. My MIL comes to watch my son while I go, which is great! I plan to do the classes 2x per week and keep up the walking another 3-4 days a week.

I am hopeful that this combined with a healthy diet will take the pounds off. Like Fiery, I would actually like to end up about 20 lbs lighter than I was when I got preggo, so I have about 35lbs to go to my goal.

To all the preggos, recovery feels like it is taking a long time, which surprised me. The core abdomenal muscles are so shot from being pregnant and giving birth, that it seems like it is taking forever to get my strength back. But it''s coming
9.gif
I think increasing the intensity of my exercise has been really beneficial over the last 3 weeks and I am seeing positive changes!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
sbde
Sound like you are doing great with your weight.
Reading this thread makes me feel bad b/c I am such lazy butt. Even though l’ve lost all the weight and more, I am much more out of shape than I was. I have yet to do any real exercises. I walked for 20mins after lunch a handful of time for the past month, and that’s it. I really need to get on it.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 6:27:38 PM
Author: qtiekiki
sbde
Sound like you are doing great with your weight.
Reading this thread makes me feel bad b/c I am such lazy butt. Even though l’ve lost all the weight and more, I am much more out of shape than I was. I have yet to do any real exercises. I walked for 20mins after lunch a handful of time for the past month, and that’s it. I really need to get on it.

You are doing way better than me.
Not only am I a couch potato....my eating habit has gotten worst -- chocolate ice cream and cheesecake every night
14.gif

It''s funny, but it took pregnancy to get me more active as I was walking more while preggo.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Not too much better b/c I am eating chocolate, cookies, cakes, ice cream and chips everyday throughout the day. My whole cubicle is full of snack.
6.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Sbde--sounds like you are nearly back to your old self!! Congrats. Like Burk, i think i may try the band with # 2 as well. I think the best uterus-shrinker is nursing, but i think the support would nice (and the slimming effect a big bonus). It''ll be interesting to compare the results to my first pregnancy like curly did.

In the few months since you posted i''ve lost more baby weight too. I can see definition in my abs again (workout every day but don''t ''diet'' ) and i thought the little ponch was here for good, but i guess it really just takes time, time and more time.

Burk--ha, get the bodies back and start trying for another. Why do we do this to ourselves again? Oh, yes, just looked at our avis
9.gif

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
lili & qtiekiki...i hear you on the junk food. try losing weight when your husband FEEDS you dessert every night in front of the TV
38.gif
haha it''s not entirely his fault though because i can''t resist even when i tell him i don''t want anything.

dreamer - wow, you''re down so much already. how nice of your MIL to come by and help you get out.

fiery - excellent that you''re being proactive. i actually bought a treadmill before having the baby so that i wouldn''t have any excuse not to exercise. too bad i haven''t used it too much. i plan to though! one other thing that i did was not buy "in between" clothes that were not maternity but larger than my pre preggo size. i felt that if i did that i would become complacent and not work as hard to fit into my old things.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 10:25:12 PM
Author: Jas12
Sbde--sounds like you are nearly back to your old self!! Congrats. Like Burk, i think i may try the band with # 2 as well. I think the best uterus-shrinker is nursing, but i think the support would nice (and the slimming effect a big bonus). It''ll be interesting to compare the results to my first pregnancy like curly did.

In the few months since you posted i''ve lost more baby weight too. I can see definition in my abs again (workout every day but don''t ''diet'' ) and i thought the little ponch was here for good, but i guess it really just takes time, time and more time.

Burk--ha, get the bodies back and start trying for another. Why do we do this to ourselves again? Oh, yes, just looked at our avis
9.gif

I know, right. I have a bikini body back and now I''m ready to pudge out again. Crazy....but she was sooooo worth it and I''m sure the next one will be too!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
sbde, thanks for starting this thread up again! It does sound like you are doing great and have a solid plan for getting to your goal!

I''m joining the group that will be trying to lose even more than the baby weight post partum since I was about 30 lbs overweight for my height. I''ll be happy if I can lose the baby weight plus 10. I''m really hoping dh will get me an eliptical machine for a "push present" because I never had a problem being motivated to use one when I had one (it broke, and I seriously cried!), but have had trouble getting motivated to do everything else I''ve tried after doing it for about 2 weeks. I think my deal is that I''m such a darn tv junkie that the eliptical worked because I would watch my favorite shows while on it. TV at the gym just isn''t the same...

Good luck to everyone trying to lose! Keep those tips coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results